Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

The Pirate Captain posted:

Paw Patrol is a cryptofascist pseudo-military operation with no observable source of funding but an unlimited budget and no governmental oversight. Ryder, its leader, was never elected and forces his will on the citizens of Adventure Bay while simultaneously pushing propaganda about how, if you’re in trouble, the police (Chase) are the only ones who can help you. Thus leading the entire populace to become complacent and unable to fend for themselves when anything bad happens. They regularly use untested technology designed by a child far beyond the capabilities of other citizens without a care in the world that, say, Sky’s rocket pack could explode at any second, incinerating her and any other hapless folks who are nearby. Mayor Goodway regularly uses them for her own personal needs, such as finding her lost chicken, and while Mayor Humdinger’s main goal is the elimination of the repressive regime he is presented as the villain.

In other words, they’d be right at home with bitcoiners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBFIqRSsixE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

SNL would replace the dogs with a stable of dead horses

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The Pirate Captain posted:

Paw Patrol is a cryptofascist pseudo-military operation with no observable source of funding but an unlimited budget and no governmental oversight. Ryder, its leader, was never elected and forces his will on the citizens of Adventure Bay while simultaneously pushing propaganda about how, if you’re in trouble, the police (Chase) are the only ones who can help you. Thus leading the entire populace to become complacent and unable to fend for themselves when anything bad happens. They regularly use untested technology designed by a child far beyond the capabilities of other citizens without a care in the world that, say, Sky’s rocket pack could explode at any second, incinerating her and any other hapless folks who are nearby. Mayor Goodway regularly uses them for her own personal needs, such as finding her lost chicken, and while Mayor Humdinger’s main goal is the elimination of the repressive regime he is presented as the villain.

In other words, they’d be right at home with bitcoiners.

high grade adult that watches children cartoons energy here

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

high grade adult that watches children cartoons energy here

I can relate and approve.

I have a similar rant about the power vacuum in Equestria with no queen and dozens of princesses vying for the throne.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

cruft posted:

I can relate and approve.

I have a similar rant about the power vacuum in Equestria with no queen and dozens of princesses vying for the throne.

MLP:FIM being watched by a generation of hyper-nerds and poli sci wonks led to the rise of a bafflingly large scale HOI4 mod.
That I write for.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Boxturret posted:

Bitcoin killing Mister Beast would be one good thing its done.

Aw who could stay mad at that face.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

SRQ posted:

MLP:FIM being watched by a generation of hyper-nerds and poli sci wonks led to the rise of a bafflingly large scale HOI4 mod.
That I write for.

i like how HoI4 gives that extra bit of information to steam so your steam buddies can all see what country you're playing as. it's really great when you're playing the MLP mod

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

SRQ posted:

That I write for.

Please elaborate.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I don’t know if this should go in the Schad thread or not. My YT feed recommended this video:

https://youtu.be/-t5e0rFhuYc?si=Sx243fLEtWdg_vmr

It’s mostly sad crypto stories (with a segment on a guy getting his brain examined to reveal the same wavelength as a gambler), but it’s just interesting to see how bad the debts are.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Talorat posted:

Please elaborate.

I write for Equestria at War which due to its complete creative freedom has some of my favourite short story narratives.
I mostly do stuff like tech blurbs or events.

I pushed for a late-game tech of manpads welded to tanks like North Korea does which is funny.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Do you, like, get paid? Inquiring minds want to know

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

cruft posted:

SRQ posted:

I write for Equestria at War

:mods:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Regrettable posted:

He's now suing the ghost kitchen company that made those because they won't let him out of his contract and he says the burgers were inedible and damaged his brand. And the company is suing him for $100 million because they say his disparaging remarks damaged their brand. LOL

They’re bad everywhere, too. I live in Asia and you can ubereats or foodpanda yourself a Mr. Beast burger here and it sucks. So do DJ Khaled’s wings.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dancing Peasant posted:

I don’t know if this should go in the Schad thread or not. My YT feed recommended this video:

https://youtu.be/-t5e0rFhuYc?si=Sx243fLEtWdg_vmr

It’s mostly sad crypto stories (with a segment on a guy getting his brain examined to reveal the same wavelength as a gambler), but it’s just interesting to see how bad the debts are.

Jesus Christ this is bleak.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
BBBY morons think they are important enough to be a target for modern COINTELPRO:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BBBY/comments/16d8jsp/cointelpro_techniques_for_dilution_misdirection/

Thank you u/TheGoombler for blowing the lid off this whole thing

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

SRQ posted:

I write for Equestria at War which due to its complete creative freedom has some of my favourite short story narratives.
I mostly do stuff like tech blurbs or events.

I pushed for a late-game tech of manpads welded to tanks like North Korea does which is funny.

So this is what has become of the bronies

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Sardonik posted:

BBBY morons think they are important enough to be a target for modern COINTELPRO:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BBBY/comments/16d8jsp/cointelpro_techniques_for_dilution_misdirection/

Thank you u/TheGoombler for blowing the lid off this whole thing

So what is BBBYQ I saw some people posting insane stuff about that as well, is that also the same thing?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Talorat posted:

So what is BBBYQ I saw some people posting insane stuff about that as well, is that also the same thing?

Someone could probably explain it better but afaik when a stock trades for under a dollar for long enough it gets taken off the actual stock exchanges and starts being traded over the counter, which basically means all the trading is done via middlemen who facilitate trades of lovely penny stocks. When that happened to BBBY its ticker became BBBYQ.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Crossposting from the SF LAN thread

Salesforce Park's much-hyped, NFT-backed Sho Restaurant is dead

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

quote:

The restaurant would offer limited seating for non-members who could could afford the steep prices on menu items “inspired by what you would call the commoner, who was using a flame to actually keep their home warm,” Sigel said.

Crypto is always so charming about their future disasters.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

quote:

Despite a strong demand for the concept with millions of dollars in both pre-sold and reserved memberships (despite multiple requests for refunds due to job uncertainty or loss), 

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
imagine paying 300k for membership in a not yet built club then losing your job

lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

my dearest hope is that those people spent like $300k on crypto poo poo to buy a membership, then the ecosystem crashed and they demanded a refund and got like $20k

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
What refund? They received the nft they paid for :allears:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

drat he's got one hell of a lawyer

talked em down nearly 30,000 years

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ariong posted:

Someone could probably explain it better but afaik when a stock trades for under a dollar for long enough it gets taken off the actual stock exchanges and starts being traded over the counter, which basically means all the trading is done via middlemen who facilitate trades of lovely penny stocks. When that happened to BBBY its ticker became BBBYQ.

OMGWTFBBBYQ

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Sometimes I wonder about the mods and admins from back in the day and wonder where they are now. El Pinto Grande and Fistgrrl, isnoop, Sasquatch, even Mayor Wilkins who I met at a GoonCamp, where are they now?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

With good behavior he’ll be out in 5000 or so

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

With good behavior he’ll be out in 5000 or so

*effective altruism

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Boxturret posted:

imagine paying 300k for membership in a not yet built club then losing your job

lol

That's why your membership is an NFT that you can resell for a profit

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Every tech bro and hedge fund manager in SF needs to be driven into the ocean.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ariong posted:

not quite

when a company goes bankrupt, its stock isn't instantly canceled: its only canceled when a plan goes effective that cancels the stock. hence, BBBY still trading. however, everyone knows that the stock of a bankrupt company is a stupid thing to be intentionally trading, so a "Q" is added to the name as a bright flashing warning for idiots. that's why BBBY became BBBYQ.

it's separate from being delisted and going to the OTC trades

a bat
Jan 9, 2020

It looks like the chef still has a restaurant in Berkeley called Iyasare! I think I want to eat there soon, to experience what I could have tasted if many people who aren't me bought the NFTs.

(Or maybe I'm just hungry.)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

a bat posted:

It looks like the chef still has a restaurant in Berkeley called Iyasare! I think I want to eat there soon, to experience what I could have tasted if many people who aren't me bought the NFTs.

(Or maybe I'm just hungry.)

Yeah but you can't really enjoy it unless you spent 300k for a token that says you can eat it.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

evilweasel posted:

not quite

when a company goes bankrupt, its stock isn't instantly canceled: its only canceled when a plan goes effective that cancels the stock. hence, BBBY still trading. however, everyone knows that the stock of a bankrupt company is a stupid thing to be intentionally trading, so a "Q" is added to the name as a bright flashing warning for idiots. that's why BBBY became BBBYQ.

it's separate from being delisted and going to the OTC trades

I believe that has also happened to bbbyq lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bbbyqq

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I believe that has also happened to bbbyq lol

The TLDR is on its way to actually getting SUPER delisted to the lowest OTC level from which you can't come back. This will be funny because the apes are waiting for Jesus to descend and save BBBYQ and also give them free Teddy stocks for being his special followers.

There are several levels of being traded OTC. When your company is completely dead and no longer submits any financial reports at all, you're not allowed to be traded OTC like your normal penny stocks that still pretend to be a real business. You get to a special level where only accredited investors can legally trade and only through very specific middlemen who deal with cash and a paper trail of stock handoffs - no more digital exchanges are involved. Your regular brokerages accessible on the internet do not touch this level of OTC stocks at all. Hence BBBYQ apes are low-key panicking that Uncle Sam is going to finally stop them from legally being able to throw more money into the fire pit.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 10, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Better Business Bureau?!?!

Y?!?!?

:qq:

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Boxturret posted:

Yeah but you can't really enjoy it unless you spent 300k for a token that says you can eat it.

The Emperor's New Seasoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Rad Russian posted:

The TLDR is on its way to actually getting SUPER delisted to the lowest OTC level from which you can't come back. This will be funny because the apes are waiting for Jesus to descend and save BBBYQ and also give them free Teddy stocks for being his special followers.

There are several levels of being traded OTC. When your company is completely dead and no longer submits any financial reports at all, you're not allowed to be traded OTC like your normal penny stocks that still pretend to be a real business. You get to a special level where only accredited investors can legally trade and only through very specific middlemen who deal with cash and a paper trail of stock handoffs - no more digital exchanges are involved. Your regular brokerages accessible on the internet do not touch this level of OTC stocks at all. Hence BBBYQ apes are low-key panicking that Uncle Sam is going to finally stop them from legally being able to throw more money into the fire pit.

that’s the only way the SHFs can possibly stop this rocket from mooning. next stop: GMErica