Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Treecko posted:

The only difference is I chose to put mine on. Not much I can do about my resting bitch face and busted nose.

I think some people are intimidated by me, but I'm just here to collect a paycheck.

I'm super friendly come talk to me, I'll help you find what you need, even if it's not my department.

got any advice about earbuds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

These do the trick. Skullcandy been blocking out the bullshit since 2004.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Treecko posted:

Pennywise has got it going on.

:hmmyes:

Treecko posted:

The only difference is I chose to put mine on. Not much I can do about my resting bitch face and busted nose.

I think some people are intimidated by me, but I'm just here to collect a paycheck.

I'm super friendly come talk to me, I'll help you find what you need, even if it's not my department.

My own resting bitch face didn't motivate me growing out my hair, but after the fact I feel it makes me look less threatening and I'm happy with that, because I'm a friendly person, I think, I try. I feel it "softens" my image. Anyway, your flair is cool :cool:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
So I have been growing out my hair, I donate it every few years.

When I wear it down everyone ask what I've done different, it looks so good, why don't you do that more often.

I hate taking care of my hair, I haven't done anything different. I wear it in a scrunchie. I just want to give it to little kids with cancer, they need it more.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Treecko posted:

So I have been growing out my hair, I donate it every few years.

When I wear it down everyone ask what I've done different, it looks so good, why don't you do that more often.

I hate taking care of my hair, I haven't done anything different. I wear it in a scrunchie. I just want to give it to little kids with cancer, they need it more.

That's cool. I usually just let my hair grow because I'm too lazy to get a haircut.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I still wash and shampoo it of course. It's been almost 3 years since the last chop. I had to take a friend last time because the stylist needed to make sure I wasn't having a mental health breakdown.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Treecko posted:

I still wash and shampoo it of course. It's been almost 3 years since the last chop. I had to take a friend last time because the stylist needed to make sure I wasn't having a mental health breakdown.

Ha ha. That is awesome. About 9 months for me, I think. I wear a hat everyday and I'm looking like a clown with the curls

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

I gave up on haircuts when the pandemic started for social distancing purposes and saving a bunch of money nice. I thought when all of this would be over (hahahaaa :( ) I'd cut it and donate it, but, what can I say I've grown attached :v:. It is more work though which is annoying, especially in the winter but I don't do anything special to maintain it. I've also been cutting it myself which is probably a bad idea but who cares, for work purposes I just bun it despite not really being a fan of the look.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I cut my own hair every week, it's perfectly normal.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Charles Bukowski posted:

I cut my own hair every week, it's perfectly normal.

I have a cyst on my head. If I didn't have it I would just buzz off all my hair

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
reporting that I've been cutting my own hair since the covid times hit as well. I hosed up last time though and had to just shave it all down and I was very annoyed, I hadn't done that for a long time. also idk if hair growth slows down as you get older but it feels like its taking forever to grow back in on top

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I have a cyst on my head. If I didn't have it, I would just buzz off all my hair

I have some moles on my head, they can be tricky to shave around. I'm sorry to hear about your head cyst.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

I haven't had a haircut in over 20 years.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Do you perchance have an epic skullet?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Charles Bukowski posted:

I have some moles on my head, they can be tricky to shave around. I'm sorry to hear about your head cyst.

my dad told me I could crush it with a heavy book. 6 months, and one concussion later I said What the hell dad?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Lol no, I have dreadlocks hanging below my rear end, getting close to knees. Could shave/trim to epic dreadlock skullet, I suppose, but not so inclined.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
it is too ark for a delfue but i got a kitty on me lap and y'all are beuriful

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
A cat wrote that.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Desert Bus posted:

it is too ark for a delfue but i got a kitty on me lap and y'all are beuriful

:love: I'll probably take a selfie tomorrow to share with the thread to make up for all this text I've been posting.

Treecko posted:

A cat wrote that.

:hmmyes: :catte: (a catte version of hmmyes would be cool)

And a bad idea only because the result is probably crooked but I don't know if I can summon too much energy to care about that. My dad taught me how to cut hair actually, when he was a kid he was the designated barber for his brothers and he taught me pretty early on how to cut his hair and he would cut mine, but long hair is a different ballgame. Thankfully youtube has been helpful.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Treecko posted:

A cat wrote that.

this is 100% a ratatouille (the movie) sitch where i am controlled by the cat help

EDIT: i am house/cat sitting anfd will bring back pics when it is not dark

Busface is in my lap bo clue h=whee Ricketts us

edit 2: "no clue where Rickets is"

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 9, 2023

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

MY WIFE informs me that it is very weird and creepy that I can do this with my fingers

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

MY WIFE informs me that it is very weird and creepy that I can do this with my fingers

Have you tried not being hypermobile?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I don't know where y'all are on your journey with having a collagen disorder but a few of us have camped a thread about it. Come say hi:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021825

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i feel fine but thank you for the information, Desert Bus! i would like to know what people call the weird finger thing, though.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i feel fine but thank you for the information, Desert Bus! i would like to know what people call the weird finger thing, though.

Hypermobility

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Grey Cat posted:

Hypermobility

the specific finger thing part of it. the weird locking finger trick. wacky fingers. silly hands.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

the casual, colloquial, conversational version

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Oh I'm not sure, I just usually say, "wanna see a weird thing I can do with my thumb?"
Then someone says, "sure"
I show them then they go, "ew" or "weird finger thing"

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Trigger Finger! For real lol.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Grey Cat posted:

Oh I'm not sure, I just usually say, "wanna see a weird thing I can do with my thumb?"
Then someone says, "sure"
I show them then they go, "ew" or "weird finger thing"

This would just get me to respond by dislocating a bunch of joints right back at ya.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Desert Bus posted:

This would just get me to respond by dislocating a bunch of joints right back at ya.

Then you sound like a cool cat to me, fellow weirdo.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Desert Bus posted:

Trigger Finger! For real lol.

oh poo poo. neat!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Grey Cat posted:

Then you sound like a cool cat to me, fellow weirdo.

I have gotten doctors to recoil in horror. Mostly sucks but there's some fun bits freaking out the squares

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Desert Bus posted:

I have gotten doctors to recoil in horror. Mostly sucks but there's some fun bits freaking out the squares

It kinda sucks sometimes because of how loose they are. I'll be trying to move mildly weighty objects it will just dislocate some fingers which can hurt. Especially if it's coming down on the thumb.
I've had to yank my hand away from being held and reset how they're holding it just because they'll be dislocating stuff.

On the plus side, normal people find it gross, so absolute win.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

No judgement here but the forums have an ASD vibe and when you find ASD you find HSD/EDS/POTS/MCAS etc. A lot of us are on a LOT of spectrums.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Desert Bus posted:

A lot of us are on a LOT of spectrums.
It's almost as if there's a spectrum going from people who realize and accept that most people are on some spectrum, over people who have yet to realize it, all the way to people who outright deny it, despite that being tautologically impossible.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

It's almost as if there's a spectrum going from people who realize and accept that most people are on some spectrum, over people who have yet to realize it, all the way to people who outright deny it, despite that being tautologically impossible.

Spectrums within spectrums going down to infinity.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm a freakasaurus-rex and pretty ok with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Treecko posted:

I'm a freakasaurus-rex and pretty ok with it.

Freakasaurus-Rex is an amazing name for a funk band.