Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
SF needs raze to last hit, if a hero is near a creep that's immense value. Low base damage.

It doesn't sound like much but this makes SF very predictable. You know he's nuking the low HP creep.

Once he uses the raze on a creep, he can't use it on you. It is very easy to get caught flat footed as SF.

I highly recommend playing a game or two as SF, because he is very clumsy to play. It is incredibly annoying to play against people who know his blind spots.

Edit- I would love to commend all the people in this thread trying out the game. I love this game and it is so drat dense, I'm truly proud of anyone who can stick with this poo poo

Shuka fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
SF is my all pick ban every game because either the enemy picks him and runs over our mid and takes all out towers 20 min in or our team takes him and sits mid/jungle all game and ends with 0 tower damage and a 2-10 K/D ratio

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I had time to play more yesterday and potentially win more games before the 10th anniversary event ended but I was satisfied with the amount of Dota I'd already played and didn't want to keep pulling the lever just to spin the hat wheel, which is the most personal growth I've exhibited over the 10 or 13 years this game has been out. Also one game I was gonna pick Sniper and the enemy team picked it simultaneously so I punished them with Gyrocopter and dang they made him very strong again.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

gently caress natures prophet right now. Sprout doing damage was a mistake.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Invoker is such a dick with EMP's Shard upgrade now. I slam-pick Riki whenever I see Carl picked, if I can.

Riki shard seems good too with the -5 armor on cloud buff. Only 1400 gold compared to deso that gives -6 and is 3500.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

RisqueBarber posted:

Riki shard seems good too with the -5 armor on cloud buff. Only 1400 gold compared to deso that gives -6 and is 3500.

Plus the shard makes it so allies can't force staff/eblade/glimmer cape you in the cloud. It's really good

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Geight posted:

I had time to play more yesterday and potentially win more games before the 10th anniversary event ended but I was satisfied with the amount of Dota I'd already played and didn't want to keep pulling the lever just to spin the hat wheel, which is the most personal growth I've exhibited over the 10 or 13 years this game has been out. Also one game I was gonna pick Sniper and the enemy team picked it simultaneously so I punished them with Gyrocopter and dang they made him very strong again.

Well good news, they have extended the event until the 18th!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

had a feeling they would, maybe ill play some games. been busy with the 10th anniversary event in ff14

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
Farming ranked tokens and got the dreaded mid. I used to love Storm Spirit like 10 years ago but god do I not have any ult distance memory. Thankfully we scaled better late game so my contribution was doing the constant hg fountain zip which is always a good time. It does feel like the damage does not build up to the crazy amounts it did in the past.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Awesome, I don't have to play like a degenerate tonight. I might still, but it's optional now! :D

Finally lost on the Witch Doctor, Slark was too strong

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

DNK posted:

gently caress natures prophet right now. Sprout doing damage was a mistake.

I had a game the other day where I went 15/4/16 as pos 5 prophet. Enemy pos 4 was a veno, and I just abused sprout and my range advantage all laning stage to ruin his game. Bought pipe before boots, so when he eventually hit 6 he did zero damage to our team. I was laning with a spectre and I was shocked how well the two heroes laned together.

The buff you get after using teleport is even more broken than sprout. You can mitigate most of sprout with a 100 gold item, you can't do the same when he teleports on you with bonus damage.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I feel like he just right clicks way too good for the DPS and Tango Loss from Sprout. And its cooldown / mana costs are fairly low. And being able to easily get both Wisdom Runes.

Unless you can also trade really well from a good distance it's very hard to not be oppressed by him.

Any slower support is just gonna eat like 2-4 extra right clicks every time they get Sprouted

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 8, 2023

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I've been destroyed by a witch doctor with maledict trading hits with me as prophet.

I could see hoodwink doing ok in the lane with an early point in scurry for anytime you get sprouted, but hoodwinks wr is super low right now and your team will get mad for picking it. Hood has good attack range too.

I can't think of too many supports that can trade with him tbh.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

snapfire is probably pretty good vs him, she can usually burst pretty much any support

and she dosent really care about sprout

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

How many games do both Witch Doctor and NP wind up not-banned? :v:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

You can pick Treant, just walk outta sprout.

That said if you have a NP in the game you gotta buy a quelling blade. Don't use your tangos on that

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Right, but that still qualifies as "tango loss" IMO because you can't just eat your way out and start healing immediately. You'd have to go eat a second tree if you need the heal, probably buying him more time to right click your face.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

It depends on the offlaner but I have found that NPs get a bit too cocky with their sprout at early levels. As Elder Titan I just tango towards them and hit them with briefcase till they are dead or close to it. It is not like they have any other spells to use on you so once you call the sprout bluff that is about it.

Also NP folds like paper if you can hit back as melee.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

That is good news!

Also the alt-text for Sprout still says tangos give double healing for Sprout trees, oops.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.34c

Jakiro buffed again, amazingly

Also, Fade Bolt got hit loving HARD.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Invoker shard nerf probably deserved I been killing it with that poo poo, and I'm not good

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I like the Primal Beast nerf from out of nowhere.

Does anyone pick him? Seems like either you win the game before 25 minutes or you lose.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lpq queue is so long its the perfect opportunity to do some overwatch cases

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/570/view/3675555405710742303 The Steam post for this update has some bugfixes as well as the line "Oracle saw too far into the future. That is now fixed.", what's that part about?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Geight posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/570/view/3675555405710742303 The Steam post for this update has some bugfixes as well as the line "Oracle saw too far into the future. That is now fixed.", what's that part about?

Some of his lines referenced unreleased heroes IIRC

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Sab669 posted:

I like the Primal Beast nerf from out of nowhere.

Does anyone pick him? Seems like either you win the game before 25 minutes or you lose.

He got picked 8 times in the last WE qual with a 35ish% winrate.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Sep 10, 2023

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

3 -> 15 -> 30 minute penalties just to try and queue but got stuck on confirming match each time

nice fuckin servers gabe

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

Syrinxx posted:

3 -> 15 -> 30 minute penalties just to try and queue but got stuck on confirming match each time

nice fuckin servers gabe

Welp this is happening to me too.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

That kept happening to a buddy of mine while they were out on holiday in Nantucket this weekend. We assumed it was their lovely internet.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's just completely random. It's possible to open the client, get in queue, and get a game 3 minutes later. It's also possible to be stuck in a loop for 40min and then get a lovely game that's over in less time than you waited to start it.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Queueing EUW seemed to help for me, though I only have 90 ping there so it’s playable. Not a great solution for everyone

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I sure love being stuck at 'Confirming match' for 30 minutes!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I -- and my pubbies -- was getting some crazy lag spikes the other night. I saw a few posts about getting LPQ due to being stuck at Accepting/Confirming matches but not actually joining. So I've been playing less than I'd like to this weekend :ohdear:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I caught Covid so I haven't been playing to get my last treasures yet, sounds like i picked a good time to be sick?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah even in pro games lately there have been a bunch of fundamental things breaking, like WK dying and reincarnating in fountain instead of where he was.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

The betboom tournament games I caught today were all super janky. And it wasn't like the stream was lagging, but like the spectator system was lagging? Caster audio was fine (albeit boring lol) and the UI elements were all updating like normal, but player movement was all kinds of hosed up. Seems like they're having some real issues with their back end right now.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Treant feels like an absolute stud right now. I don't know when Leech Seed was improved but man he's great in lane and can propel the game to victory so well in both turbo and normal

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Gotta love the Recent Changes section of the wikia

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
The new cm shard is pretty drat good.

You can now frostbite entire jungle camps rather than just the big creep

And its only 50 mana on like a 10 second cooldown.

Hard to use in a team fight, but aoe frostbite is ridiculously strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea it's actually great for farming / clearing camps. But it's super hard to justify spending 1500g on, and your team probably isn't going to do the Tormentor right at 20:00 so I rarely feel like I get any "value" out of it.