Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Captain Hygiene posted:

In the game Forspoken, you can kick a deer in the rear end so hard it explodes

Sounds extremely violent. I have some strong opinions on violence but I’ll keep them to myself tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

haveblue posted:

Push El Burrito posted:

Forspoken was fun you could do a flip and shoot a dog with a rock.

Also you can kick a deer in the rear end so hard it explodes

The post in question

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I am enjoying the writing in the side content in Forspoken as I explore (and get my rear end handed to me by) the far reaches of the map as it makes clear how differently the madness of the Tantas manifested between them. Sila the Tanta of Strength started culling the weak from her villages, randomly attacking her own civillians so that only the strongest survived her wrath if any; Prav the Tanta of Justice became psychologically fractured like Two-face but also ended up with a hosed up version of fairness that led to her making every crime punishable by death and also forcing anyone who escaped the Break to move back within it's reach or be put to death as "If some people are suffering it's only fair that everyone suffers equally"; Olas the Tanta of Wisdom who before was all about teaching her people started not only hoarding knowledge but also stealing it directly from her people's minds, leaving them confused and disoriented, and Cinta the Tanta of Love started attacking everyone around her, despite holding onto her mind the longest. Her change was the messiest and biggest.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On another note I've just picked up Stray Gods: A Roleplaying Musical on PSN and it's pretty charming so far. You play as a muse known as Grace investigating the death of Calliope (Grace is only a muse because Calliope gave her the job on her death, the story is trying to solve her murder so you don't go down for it), so you have the power to make people sing and because the music is coming from YOU you can influence the direction that the song goes in for example when Arguing with Persephone you can either go on the attack, be diplomatic (the kindness/heart route) and try to appeal to your similarities, or you can appeal to the audience which is the tactical move.

There are some cute twists on things too like helping the Minotaur to confess his love to Hecate which is a hilarious scene. It's a visual novel, but a funny one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Splatoon 3 has done a good job introducing comically OP weapons that occasionally show up in the co-op horde mode rotation, and they just dropped in the most fun one of all. It's a dual wield rapid shooter that lets you zip around quickly using action rolls, but unlike the standard weapons that mostly let you roll twice before cooling down, it lets you chain together nine rolls - and beyond that, every roll pops off an ink explosion that paints the floor and kills enemies. It's the most fun thing in ages to get a turn where you're constantly flying around the map getting ink coverage and taking out dozens of mob enemies at once while trying not to rocket off the edge and die :buddy::blaster:

They also introduced it while doing a rare special run that switches to a limited-time map and greatly expands the regular weapon rotation, which is already a good time on its own, it's just a good weekend for the game in general.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've been playing a lot of Splatoon's co-op horde mode lately, thanks to a few fundamental change between 2 & 3 moving it from something I try every couple months to my main mode for the game. But every once in a while, they'll throw in a weapons rotation that takes everything up to another level.

You get a co-op exclusive weapons set that's made up of comically exaggerated versions of regular weapon types, stuff like rapid-fire sniper rifles and blasters that can throw out absurd amounts of ink and damage, just all super OP with the only drawback being their crazy ink consumption. And then you get a few weirder niche ones, like the one that sloshes out a ball of ink that moves at about 1 mph, but pumps out enough damage moving through enemies that it even can kill bosses within one or two hits.

It's the most fun the mode gets, you don't want it to be that way every time but it's always a treat when they switch to it. And it leads to fun moments when you switch back to the normal weapon sets, and you dive into mobs expecting your blaster to be in super rapid fire mode, only to suddenly remember it's back to firing once every couple seconds :suicide:

Captain Hygiene posted:

Splatoon 3 has done a good job introducing comically OP weapons that occasionally show up in the co-op horde mode rotation, and they just dropped in the most fun one of all. It's a dual wield rapid shooter that lets you zip around quickly using action rolls, but unlike the standard weapons that mostly let you roll twice before cooling down, it lets you chain together nine rolls - and beyond that, every roll pops off an ink explosion that paints the floor and kills enemies. It's the most fun thing in ages to get a turn where you're constantly flying around the map getting ink coverage and taking out dozens of mob enemies at once while trying not to rocket off the edge and die :buddy::blaster:

They also introduced it while doing a rare special run that switches to a limited-time map and greatly expands the regular weapon rotation, which is already a good time on its own, it's just a good weekend for the game in general.

You already did that one.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it or anything, I just remembered that someone had made almost the exact same post about Splatoon a while back, and, well, it turned out to be you! :)

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 03:43 on Sep 3, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

beats for junkies posted:

You already did that one.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it or anything, I just remembered that someone had made almost the exact same post about Splatoon a while back, and, well, it turned out to be you! :)

You got the edit in between when I saw the post and replied to it, but it's a whole new weapon type and map making things better on top of what I liked in that first post :v:

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Captain Hygiene posted:

You got the edit in between when I saw the post and replied to it, but it's a whole new weapon type and map making things better on top of what I liked in that first post :v:

They are very similar posts and I haven't played Splatoon, so they seemed to be saying the same thing, but I wasn't reading closely enough. Glad you're enjoying it! Video games rule.

Thread content: A cool little thing in Madden 2002: the main title theme, because it's done by, of all people, Pharoahe Monch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpyxedCHDBo

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A neat thing that happens in the Mind Over Matter level in Guardians of the Galaxy: You're in Drax's mind. And since his family was killed by Thanos there's a fight against him. The problem is that every time you kill Thanos he multiplies. You can't win the battle by beating Thanos, instead you have to let go and let Thanos beat you.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
In addition to announcing the upcoming Back to the Future paid DLC, the Powerwash Simulator devs just quietly released a free update with three new bonus jobs. An excavator, a Spanish villa and a highly-requested level, a paintball arena. :allears:

I think they also updated the SpongeBob paid DLC so you can restart it and play through it again if you want.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
In Stellaris you can come across some already built, but destroyed, mega constructions out in space. The description for the mega art installation is "Its hard to tell if this is actually damaged or meant to be the art"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like that Forspoken doesn't make you 100% it for trophies, you just have to do the most interesting stuff, like a minigame quest line but also getting all the cosmetic stuff, finding a hidden store and buying a particular item so you can unlock a mechanic, getting all the cats and monuments, learning and powering up all the spells, beating the 4 optional super-bosses that sort of stuff. You don't have to get to level 99 or beat all the ruins/towns/fortresses/etc, only the ones that give capes and nails and poo poo. Also you don't have to do the Giant Nightmares which is cool because they are cool but a bit annoying to engage with.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing that Starfield has brought back is dialogue options based on skills. I was doing a mission set on a hospital station and I was able to convince a doctor to let me in a secure area because I had ranks in the medical skill.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Armored Core 6: The assault boost kick does juuust enough damage to kill most weaker enemies in one hit, letting you save your more expensive ammo while jetting around the stage.

If a mission lets you backstab your employer for a better/different paycheck it actually is reflected in your payout. You will get penalized for the entire original payout while the new payment will be under the bonus section.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ashsaber posted:

Armored Core 6: The assault boost kick does juuust enough damage to kill most weaker enemies in one hit, letting you save your more expensive ammo while jetting around the stage.

If a mission lets you backstab your employer for a better/different paycheck it actually is reflected in your payout. You will get penalized for the entire original payout while the new payment will be under the bonus section.

Makes me wonder how someone like Bob Denard, French mercenary and sometime (many time) de facto leader of Comoros, does their taxes. France, as far as I know, makes citizens pay tax on foreign income. Can you write off lost business because you usurped your paymaster? What if you do that multiple times to each successive employer? There has to be a way to wash that all out.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

madeintaipei posted:

Makes me wonder how someone like Bob Denard, French mercenary and sometime (many time) de facto leader of Comoros, does their taxes. France, as far as I know, makes citizens pay tax on foreign income. Can you write off lost business because you usurped your paymaster? What if you do that multiple times to each successive employer? There has to be a way to wash that all out.

France seems like they'd be okay with blood money

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

muscles like this! posted:

One thing that Starfield has brought back is dialogue options based on skills. I was doing a mission set on a hospital station and I was able to convince a doctor to let me in a secure area because I had ranks in the medical skill.

Is it common? That's one of my favorite things in RPGs.

I'm otherwise not very interested in Starfield, unless the base building is better and more useful than in FO4.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

France seems like they'd be okay with blood money

No doubt.

They'd still want a cut.

Now I'd like to play a tax assessor game, a la Save Room, with some Papers, Please mixed in, for thinly veiled video game protagonists.

Final stage. Heart Tussle: Divide by 0. Sypher destroys [a] everything, [b] almost everything, [c] only the expensive things. What does Sypher owe Balconia? Is this deductible? Can the Okeanan government be help liable for half-damages?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Inzombiac posted:

Is it common? That's one of my favorite things in RPGs.

I'm otherwise not very interested in Starfield, unless the base building is better and more useful than in FO4.

My friend. Let me introduce you to Baldur's Gate 3.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Push El Burrito posted:

My friend. Let me introduce you to Baldur's Gate 3.

Haha, I've been obsessed with BG3 since it released. I'm just taking my sweet time with it.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Another thing from Armored Core 6: The color of your booster output depends on what type of engine you're got, standard rockety stuff for combustion engines, blue for electric or red sparklies for using the local sci-fi element.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
In Baldur's Gate 3 there is a scene where you get teleported to the house of a devil. One of the options is "Ignore him and fill your plate". If you do it, when you are teleported back you come back with some food.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Leal posted:

In Baldur's Gate 3 there is a scene where you get teleported to the house of a devil. One of the options is "Ignore him and fill your plate". If you do it, when you are teleported back you come back with some food.

Specifically: a potato

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Leal posted:

Shadowheart also approves of your action and iirc gets an inspiration point lol

Unrelated: at the part where you rescue True Soul Nere by bombing some rocks, between detonating the rocks and the encounter with Nere starting, I blew the horn that summons Lump and his ogre friends. It somehow glitched out the fight so that the duergars all saw each other as enemies in addition to my party and the ogres, even beyond the usual lines of Brithvarr vs. Thrinn, and was easily the most wild battle I've yet played in the game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The best thing about Baldur's Gate 3 is that both enemies and allies will absolutely make full use of terrain. Someone standing near the edge of a cliff? Someone is going to try to push them off. Fighting next to lava pits? The entire battle becomes about people trying to yeet each other into the lava. There's just something so delightful about this epic battle of magic and swords devolving into fatal wrestling.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The best thing about Baldur's Gate 3 is that both enemies and allies will absolutely make full use of terrain. Someone standing near the edge of a cliff? Someone is going to try to push them off. Fighting next to lava pits? The entire battle becomes about people trying to yeet each other into the lava. There's just something so delightful about this epic battle of magic and swords devolving into fatal wrestling.

Thunderwave is my best friend

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I love fake social media in games. :allears: Current one is in the murder mystery visual novel Buried Stars.

SilentChaz posted:

a paintball arena.

OH HELL YES. :dance:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ImpAtom posted:

It's extremely accurate to the real thing. It brings to mind a recent battle my group and I were in, the final one of the campaign where the DM had a bunch of platforms over acid. My character, a tanky sort of fellow, couldn't do much damage to these particular enemies, but I realized he could push them, so he did. Immediately realizing the possibilities, everyone else, DM included, started attempting the same thing (Athletics skill permitting). It was pretty great, and we ended up winning.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Turbo Overkill is an amazingly fun Boomer Shooter that is a complete love letter to '90's FPS action. I'm firing my rocket launcher so that I can use my grappling hook on the rocket to fly up into the sky and rain death down on my opponents, and traversing landscapes by using a sniper rifle that transports me into the target's body telefragging them, I am averaging about 3 kills per second when in the middle of a combat arena, and I am replenishing both my health and armour via cutting through swathes of enemies with my chainsaw leg.

This morning I was playing and came across this room:

If you know, you know.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Turbo Overkill owns so much. Chegg it, baybee.

Breetai posted:

If you know, you know.

Check for the chainsaw?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

CJacobs posted:

Turbo Overkill owns so much. Chegg it, baybee.

Check for the chainsaw?

iirc there's a key in the left hand side that opens an upgrade chest that I think is for the 2nd Chegg. So yeah. :haw:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Something that surprised me is I was doing one of the faction quest lines, and right near the end of it they give you an implant that influences other people. I was expecting this to be just a plot thing, but it actually unlocks a skill in the social tree, one of the ones in the last tier that you need to spend like a dozen points of something in the tree to even be allowed to unlock. So the game just gave me a high level perk for free, which lets me give a command to random NPCs that aren't in combat with me, and even comes up in conversations from time to time skipping the persuasion minigame (but not all the time).

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Breetai posted:

Turbo Overkill is an amazingly fun Boomer Shooter that is a complete love letter to '90's FPS action. I'm firing my rocket launcher so that I can use my grappling hook on the rocket to fly up into the sky and rain death down on my opponents, and traversing landscapes by using a sniper rifle that transports me into the target's body telefragging them, I am averaging about 3 kills per second when in the middle of a combat arena, and I am replenishing both my health and armour via cutting through swathes of enemies with my chainsaw leg.

This morning I was playing and came across this room:

If you know, you know.

i don't know but the rest of that has sold me and it's on the wishlist now. telefrag sniper rifle is loving just, galaxybrain.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Kitfox88 posted:

i don't know but the rest of that has sold me and it's on the wishlist now. telefrag sniper rifle is loving just, galaxybrain.

All four of my limbs are now chainsaws and a major antagonist just mocked me for not getting a chainsaw dick as well. I killed him by calling down an orbital strike from a geosynchronous ion cannon, which is a regular-rear end weapon I carry, not in a cutscene.. This was after I responded to a trash mob kicking me in the nuts by kicking him in the nuts.

Chainsaw leg.

Also this game has *shock style audio logs that are completely nonsensical, melodramatic and poorly written garbage that directly poke fun at video game plot conventions.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Breetai posted:

All four of my limbs are now chainsaws and a major antagonist just mocked me for not getting a chainsaw dick as well. I killed him by calling down an orbital strike from a geosynchronous ion cannon, which is a regular-rear end weapon I carry, not in a cutscene.. This was after I responded to a trash mob kicking me in the nuts by kicking him in the nuts.

Chainsaw leg.

Also this game has *shock style audio logs that are completely nonsensical, melodramatic and poorly written garbage that directly poke fun at video game plot conventions.

Post Your Favorite: Derail Valley > PYF Little Things In Games: All four of my limbs are now chainsaws and a major antagonist just mocked me for not getting a chainsaw dick as well.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Kitfox88 posted:

thats the first level of DOOM 2

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Started playing the DLC for Forspoken as I was curious, it's very different due to having different spells (although some have very similar utility to spells from the main game) and it also starts SUPER hard if you aren't using Tanta Cinta's combo attacks to take out huge amounts of enemies. It's starting to balance out now that I'm further in and have upgrades though. It's a far less open world, but that keeps things focused, at least at this early stage, and there's fun Banter between Frey and Cuff because of Cuff now being known by Frey as the demon Surssurus and an ally of the Reddig, insofar as he HAS allegiances.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm genuinely impressed with how closely Baldur's Gate 3 adheres to 5th edition rules. Haven't seen something this faithful since the PC game Temple of Elemental Evil

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Starfield: the ability to sell stuff stored in your ship, not in your on character inventory, at vendors.

Now if only i used it more instead of my ship storage being resources central, but still good to save you an extra trip to offload stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Still exploring in Forspoken to get the old coins that I can use to buy out the final hidden shop, because I want to see if he has a little post-game cutscene for doing it like some of the side-quests do. Still got to find 72 of the coins to buy his final two items. I do like how some of the chests are hidden, there was one that I expected to be a puzzle chest because it was well hidden underground in an area that forces you to use the otherwise not used much "Beacon" magic because it's super dark, and then squeeze through a tiny hole. It's really hard and only a nugget, but a neat puzzle nontheless just to get there.