Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tankbuster posted:

we love buying chinees phone.

They're all Chinese phones, just some of them pretend to be American or Japanese. Sony still make phones right? I dunno. Probably.

Oh or Korean. Can't forget the Samsung conglomerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Orange Devil posted:

Like a Flowing River

Is it just a coincidence that this is also the name of the famous Misora Hibari song (kawa no nagare no you ni), or is "like a flowing river" just an idiom in both cultures (which wouldn't exactly be that surprising).

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

DancingShade posted:

They're all Chinese phones, just some of them pretend to be American or Japanese. Sony still make phones right? I dunno. Probably.

I mean the chinese brands.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Tankbuster posted:

we love buying chinees phone.

Modi also handed Xiaomi fat fines to keep the money inside India.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
he did that because his boy ambani was trying to sell iphones in india under a contract system. Modi always has had a shockingly down to earth sense of scale during his administration.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
If I were Tim Apple I would simply join the winning team

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

fart simpson posted:

is 22% of chinas market a big deal?

it’s also who is that 22%, the apple iphone user is very likely to be rich and happy to spend money, an absolute gold mine for advertisers and companies

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Regarding Xi's pending APEC visit to the US in Nov, I think the trend is leading toward not happening. There are some signs but you can see the table is being flipped in slowly motion.

* US sanction the HK Chief Ex Lee. It was a freak accident because the GOP forced White house's hand on it, but still the DEM ideologically has no way to resolve it

* More tech war, like I said, Huawei wanted a low profile launch, but Beijing told them to surprise launch it like some kind of Beyonce album, also move up the schedule

* Apple government office ban, this is a response to US provincial governments banning Tik tok, Beijing doesn't need to pick Apple to respond but they did, this has a sizable impact on the US stock market when Biden needs the market up. There sre financial wars secretly being fought in the dark. Also Yuan keep dropping.

* Xi not going to G20 so no chance of Biden blocking him in the alley like little Trudeau.

There have to be more cards being played before the Nov Apec summit.

From the US POV in order to get Xi visit happen, they need to at least resolve the HK CE sanction and no more tech sanction this year. So the ball is at Biden's court.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Long term its going to be pretty embarassing if the actual producing economies don't turn up to future G20s because of I don't know unfortunate scheduling issues here go talk to this deputy functionary who will take your business card and smile politely.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
adam snooze and michael penis, china watchers

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Samsung is just giving them away, traded in my old sanctioned Huawei P30 pro two months ago for a 50% discount on a brand new S23.

The Huawei phone was also on a 50% discount in 2019 thanks to Mr Trump. The man did know how to get a good deal.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/brianhioe/status/1700470557207384423?s=46

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Indonesians in the replies and qts mocking this report

https://twitter.com/discommie/status/1700040807389266048?s=46

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Terry Gou... to the polls!!!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/china4tech/status/1700390364451107056?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
that owns

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

stephenthinkpad posted:

Regarding Xi's pending APEC visit to the US in Nov, I think the trend is leading toward not happening. There are some signs but you can see the table is being flipped in slowly motion.

* US sanction the HK Chief Ex Lee. It was a freak accident because the GOP forced White house's hand on it, but still the DEM ideologically has no way to resolve it

* More tech war, like I said, Huawei wanted a low profile launch, but Beijing told them to surprise launch it like some kind of Beyonce album, also move up the schedule

* Apple government office ban, this is a response to US provincial governments banning Tik tok, Beijing doesn't need to pick Apple to respond but they did, this has a sizable impact on the US stock market when Biden needs the market up. There sre financial wars secretly being fought in the dark. Also Yuan keep dropping.

* Xi not going to G20 so no chance of Biden blocking him in the alley like little Trudeau.

There have to be more cards being played before the Nov Apec summit.

From the US POV in order to get Xi visit happen, they need to at least resolve the HK CE sanction and no more tech sanction this year. So the ball is at Biden's court.

xi skipping the g20 and the mate 60 stuff tells me, a goon who occasionally reads the articles that get posted here, that whatever happened at brics goes far beyond the official expansion announcement

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

flying my two billion dollar airplane that I only have 20 of directly over an enemy capable of shooting back and hoping they just decide not to for some reason

'provoke discussion on divisive political issues' lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Maximo Roboto posted:

Indonesians in the replies and qts mocking this report

https://twitter.com/discommie/status/1700040807389266048?s=46

stfu

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

excited to hear about this for the next 4+ years

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

excited to hear about this for the next 4+ years

me too

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

looking forward to years of chinagate after biden loses

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cnn displaying tweets from bimbomarxist69 saying chairman xi ftw as evidence of chinese disinformation campaigns

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Centrist Committee posted:

xi skipping the g20 and the mate 60 stuff tells me, a goon who occasionally reads the articles that get posted here, that whatever happened at brics goes far beyond the official expansion announcement

What G20 related thing was it again, that China skip out on because modi wanted to do it in kashmir? Wasn't that this year also?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

cnn displaying tweets from bimbomarxist69 saying chairman xi ftw as evidence of chinese disinformation campaigns

finally im hitting the big time

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

chairman xi ftw

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Who is the most popular leader in human history? The one who garnered the highest support from citizens in their own country, for a sustained period?

Cause Xi has gotta be up there.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

thanks for the brian hioe updatess

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Votskomit posted:

Who is the most popular leader in human history? The one who garnered the highest support from citizens in their own country, for a sustained period?

Cause Xi has gotta be up there.

idi amin

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ram dass in hell posted:

finally im hitting the big time

excited to see you in prison

just kidding :elon:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Centrist Committee posted:

eh the g20 meeting with modi is kinda sorta pointless. Guy has been doing a lot of sweeping delhi's poorer folks under the carpet.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

if you buy off both sides you'll never lose

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The cool thing about stealth planes is that we probably have no way of knowing how many of them have been figured out by other world powers, until a fight breaks out between us, at which point we're probably gonna be irradiated slag anyways

The ultimate grift, if you ever get called out on it, you'll already be dead!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Tankbuster posted:

eh the g20 meeting with modi is kinda sorta pointless. Guy has been doing a lot of sweeping delhi's poorer folks under the carpet.

I remember the western press doing the will they/won’t they dance on whether biden would meet xi at the g20, so skipping to me is a notable step

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Neurolimal posted:

The cool thing about stealth planes is that we probably have no way of knowing how many of them have been figured out by other world powers, until a fight breaks out between us, at which point we're probably gonna be irradiated slag anyways

The ultimate grift, if you ever get called out on it, you'll already be dead!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
G20 is essentially the G7 countries meeting the Brics countries (especially after Indonesia joining Brics next year)

The 2 groups are not going to have any consensus because for the next few years the G7 dudes only want to talk about Ukraine.

Also the G7 dudes are too racist to let SKorea join, hilarious.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

fart simpson posted:

looking forward to years of chinagate after biden loses

Biden can get re-elected and Dems win supermajorities in both houses but Chinagate will still be talked about

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

mila kunis posted:

thanks for the brian hioe updatess

Thanks, will post Xiangyu news too

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

stephenthinkpad posted:

G20 is essentially the G7 countries meeting the Brics countries (especially after Indonesia joining Brics next year)

The 2 groups are not going to have any consensus because for the next few years the G7 dudes only want to talk about Ukraine.

Also the G7 dudes are too racist to let SKorea join, hilarious.

G20 was a compromise because they didn't want to add China to the G7 then threw in a bunch if other countries to dilute potential Chinese influence.