Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Ace Steel is a human cry-laughing emoji

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
He looks like a Tim Robinson character. You don’t even need to photoshop him into the hot dog costume.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Aew should bring back Ace Steel he was cool

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He said gently caress on tv so yeah he is pretty cool I guess

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

History Comes Inside! posted:

He said gently caress on tv so yeah he is pretty cool I guess
He's like the Beetlejuice getting to say the f word in in a TV-14 show but if you say Ace Steele 3 times he'll show up and bite you

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i can't say i didn't enjoy his hypeman appearance. i also can't say I'll enjoy AEW less without him. i also can't say "miniscule" without accidentally adding an extra syllable

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It was funny when he gave Punk the big pep talk because nobody knew who this rando backstage guy was

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The only thing Ace Steel was involved in on TV was pretty funny. That’s all the opinion I have about this weird looking man

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
With the benefit of hindsight, I can honestly say that Ace Steel was just one part of an increasingly long line of inexplicable ideas that Punk came up with during his time in AEW

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

If it didn't have the Ace Steel name attached I would have thought it was an AEW talent describing Punk's behavior.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Sydney Bottocks posted:

With the benefit of hindsight, I can honestly say that Ace Steel was just one part of an increasingly long line of inexplicable ideas that Punk came up with during his time in AEW
I thought that Ace Steel was working there before Punk, he was only fired from WWE because they had to make "budget cuts" despite record profits

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Seams posted:

It was funny when he gave Punk the big pep talk because nobody knew who this rando backstage guy was

For like a bunch of people who watch wrestling of all types, it was amazing that he got that reaction. Like even pizza guy got something when he appeared on AEW right?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

TV Zombie posted:

For like a bunch of people who watch wrestling of all types, it was amazing that he got that reaction. Like even pizza guy got something when he appeared on AEW right?
Ace Steele has no relevance unless you've been an indie geek for over 15 years.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
These photos of Jun Kasai and his daughter at the stardom korakuen show are great. The third one is art

https://twitter.com/crazymonkey0909/status/1700483505820709278?t=JJC0Bq7iApuPQRB_dCulNQ&s=19

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Tampa Bae posted:

I thought that Ace Steel was working there before Punk, he was only fired from WWE because they had to make "budget cuts" despite record profits

Nope; a quick bit of Googling shows that TK mentioned Ace being hired by AEW after the Revolution PPV which was March 2022, and he'd been backstage a few times before that in February 2022, after being released by WWE in January of that year (he'd been laid off by WWE in April 2020 due to budget cutbacks that happened because of the pandemic, but was brought back later in October of that year). So I'm going to guess it was something that TK did at Punk's request.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Burn Down Canberra posted:

These photos of Jun Kasai and his daughter at the stardom korakuen show are great. The third one is art

https://twitter.com/crazymonkey0909/status/1700483505820709278?t=JJC0Bq7iApuPQRB_dCulNQ&s=19

I'm impressed that Jun Kasai managed to post a picture with his daughter where he's not drenched in his own blood. Wholesome.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I've never seen Ace Steel before but the biting thing meant I imagined him as some crazy old guy but it turns out he just looks like someone's racist dad.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Tampa Bae posted:

Ace Steele has no relevance unless you've been an indie geek for over 15 years.

I feel like most forum posters would have a sense of who he is though I think we would be exceptions.

I don’t think an Ortiz or Santana singles run will meet their own expectations but it sucks that Ortiz was mostly shelved while Santana was out, while Santana wanted to go in this direction

https://twitter.com/ortiz_powerful/status/1700523402379862390?s=46

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is my favorite meme template and this one was perfection

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

TV Zombie posted:

I feel like most forum posters would have a sense of who he is though I think we would be exceptions.

I don’t think an Ortiz or Santana singles run will meet their own expectations but it sucks that Ortiz was mostly shelved while Santana was out, while Santana wanted to go in this direction

https://twitter.com/ortiz_powerful/status/1700523402379862390?s=46

MIKE Santana is a Jabroni and I hope Ortiz beats his rear end

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mike Santana sounds so much lamer than Santana geez

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

how

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's the difference between Batista and Goldberg, and Dave and Bill.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Santana makes me think of one of the best guitar players of all time, Mike Santana makes me think of some dude called Mike

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm glad Mike Santana changed his name to differentiate himself from the transphobic guitar man.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mike SANTANA

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Mike SANTANA

This is it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Gaz-L posted:

I'm glad Mike Santana changed his name to differentiate himself from the transphobic guitar man.

I was thinking the exact same thing :hmmyes:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Gaz-L posted:

God damnit Carlos

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Rob Thomas was always the real star of Smooth

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Rarity posted:

Wait until you hear about Michael Wardlow

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Mike SANTANA

SATANA and SANADA tag team

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

little munchkin posted:

imo nobody who capitalizes it "LoL" has ever been on the right side of an argument.

agreed, use all caps, no caps, or just call it League Of Legends like you aren't a loving coward

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

SATANA and SANADA tag team

Weird MCU crossover, but sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satana_(Marvel_Comics)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BasedLaRock/status/1700636470892236840

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rarity posted:

Agreed, Miguel Santana sounds so much better.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Serious Santa Santana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Santaman