Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blorknorg posted:

It is a goddamn crime that frog girl isn't in this wave. >:(

She is one of the best characters in that series, they really don't use her in enough promotional stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.

Mr Hootington posted:

We have had a couple of epic employees post in here and I don't know if they still read the thread, but great season so far. 👍 you all hit it out of the park right away.

Thanks! Much appreciated positive news during a rough week for us backend folks.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Doublebpost

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Adhemar posted:

Thanks! Much appreciated positive news during a rough week for us backend folks.

Will it be a busy 4 months?

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Any plans to allow looting of more than one vault item? Maybe with increased Nolan rep? Sucks to have to choose who gets the good gun.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Drink and Fight posted:

Any plans to allow looting of more than one vault item? Maybe with increased Nolan rep? Sucks to have to choose who gets the good gun.

I get the MK, and if it's not there you can have anything else. I don't see how that's hard.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rushing to vault to get tntina's bow

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

RodShaft posted:

I get the MK, and if it's not there you can have anything else. I don't see how that's hard.

This is why mom doesn't love you.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Drink and Fight posted:

This is why mom doesn't love you.

Your mom does... BOOM roasted!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

New season is good. I still have to figure out where to fit turrets in my rifle/shotgun/sniper/rocket ram/healing loadout; I usually just drop my AR.

Heck the scoped SMG is pretty fun too and I've never liked SMGs in this game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This season has been fantastic so far. Great loot pool, fun map additions.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It's pretty easy to run a 2 gun loadout this season. Any shotgun & the twin mag AR, infiltrator/heisted maven & sniper. Lots of room to run other stuff.

The rocket ram sucks though, fine for map traversal, but not for combat.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

KingShiro posted:

Good, the map traversal items being OP for combat is how they keep getting removed super quick. (that and weird exploits where people end up in the sky)

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

KingShiro posted:

I heard it got nerfed recently anyway. I don't know if that was for damage or function though.

But yeah, a green infiltrator is enough to win me a few matches on its own this season. It's crazy to have a decent shotgun again after last season.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
The rockt5ram is nice to shake up a tight fight on a building

Just blast through it and get distance, it has potential to take "authority" in a fight

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

For the STW folks: 100 Armory Slots and the 700 gold Legendary Survivor have both been refreshed. Buy em up before you forget! Also looks like the long Halloween theme has started back up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

If you thought stuff was becoming incoherent before well hold on to your butts.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if I should expect better or worse than 2 straight months of Rick and Morty as the Halloween shop now. :ohdear:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr Hootington posted:

If you thought stuff was becoming incoherent before well hold on to your butts.

the.....mastermind????

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
There's a story?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
The story has felt identical to me since I started playing, which is something like "We're getting message from an unknown/secret source, they're warning us that the world is ending/a portal is opening" <end of season> "the warnings were correct!"

I dunno that I'd specifically call that incoherent but it's just kind of...boring and the same thing over and over? Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention though :shrug:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Brut posted:

The story has felt identical to me since I started playing, which is something like "We're getting message from an unknown/secret source, they're warning us that the world is ending/a portal is opening" <end of season> "the warnings were correct!"

I dunno that I'd specifically call that incoherent but it's just kind of...boring and the same thing over and over? Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention though :shrug:

There is some small stuff that is kind of fun, but it has started suffering from anime power creep.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The story peaked when there was a giant cube rolling around the island laying waste to everything in its path.

I miss you Kevin :smith:

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Donald Mustard is not a real person's name

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Amphigory posted:

Donald Mustard is not a real person's name

Isn't he the guy that killed Professor Plum in the Study with the lead pipe

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I wonder if we ever get a live event again eith him gone.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My son started playing today and we hopped in duos on his brand new account.

Felt good to get 30 kills even though they were all bots

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I am going to get nowhere in the BP with a bunch of these annoying daily quests, I miss thing that were semi-challenging as opposed to these current long rear end time wasters or totally random quests.

I do not want to hit 50 weak points in no build, or stumble upon one of the 3 dirt bikes on the map that I still don't know where they are.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Play creative for xp, not the BR. I’m going to be close to 200 before the rest of the bonus pages unlock.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

KingShiro posted:

Play creative for xp, not the BR. I’m going to be close to 200 before the rest of the bonus pages unlock.

I haven't been able to figure this out, what's the cooldown for creative xp diminishing returns resetting? It seems like I did too much on the first day of the season and now everything gives like 24 xp, tried waiting over a week between my last time playing on a creative map and it still hasn't reset, I dunno how it works.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Brut posted:

I haven't been able to figure this out, what's the cooldown for creative xp diminishing returns resetting? It seems like I did too much on the first day of the season and now everything gives like 24 xp, tried waiting over a week between my last time playing on a creative map and it still hasn't reset, I dunno how it works.

Epic does nerf XP maps if they enter their radar. UEFN maps might still be broken, but regular ones have been paying out fine (the ones I have bookmarked, anyway)

3190-3555-5468

This bot BR map was broken for weeks but recently back to paying out [3k per bot kill and 8k for storm phase survival). Not the quickest map I have but it’s pretty chill and don’t have to memorize 12 different xp buttons to hit.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

KingShiro posted:

Epic does nerf XP maps if they enter their radar.

Yeah that's not what I'm talking about though, if you play on a map that gives some amount of XP per specific action and you do that action over and over, you can actively see that amount slowly decrease while you're playing until it bottoms out at I think 24xp (or 28? some small amount like that), this is supposed to then slowly go back up over time but I'm just not clear on exactly what time, and I think trying to play something while it's climbing might actually reset the timer.

I'll try the specific map you linked a little later though and report back, but I suspect it's gonna give me a wildly different number than what you're seeing.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I use some death run maps for creative xp. They take maybe 10 minutes to finish once you know how to get through them, and you get about 2.5 levels per play. That and the dailies keep me on pace for 200.

I mention it because on the topic of the xp diminishing, I notice that they not only go down as more people find that specific one, but also you can see the amount jump wildly depending on where people give up. For example. The first few coins give less than 200xp. And later coins give almost 3k per coin. And then it dips back down to 1.5k and then the last ones give ~6-8k each. It's weird. There is for sure some system to it. But I have no idea what the exact methods to it are. I'm also terrified of giving too much info in public, because I'll be sad if I'm solely responsible for making leveling up worse.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

XP for creative maps always feels like opaque witchcraft to me

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

KingShiro posted:

Epic does nerf XP maps if they enter their radar. UEFN maps might still be broken, but regular ones have been paying out fine (the ones I have bookmarked, anyway)

UEFN maps can grant XP again.

We do scale XP grants up and down depending on factors and secret sauce in Creative and UEFN.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Ah, I'm right then 🙂

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

There’s some info for creators here: https://dev.epicgames.com/documentation/en-us/fortnite-creative/using-accolade-devices-in-fortnite-creative

But yes, you’re definitely right.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

KingShiro posted:

3190-3555-5468
This bot BR map was broken for weeks but recently back to paying out [3k per bot kill and 8k for storm phase survival). Not the quickest map I have but it’s pretty chill and don’t have to memorize 12 different xp buttons to hit.

Brut posted:

I'll try the specific map you linked a little later though and report back, but I suspect it's gonna give me a wildly different number than what you're seeing.

Ok so I played one match of this and what I got was:

tabbing out to notepad every time I got exp posted:

2972 storm, 772 elim, 771 elim, 776 elim, 841 elim, 980 elim, 980 elim, 2404 storm, 979 elim, 976 elim, 972 elim, 969 elim, 965 elim, 2342 storm, 954 elim, 1112 elim, 1112 elim, 1112 elim, 2756 storm

24745 total
In short

Amphigory posted:

XP for creative maps always feels like opaque witchcraft to me
:psyduck:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Just ran it and got 87k. What did you do to Donald Mustard to be forsaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Since Halloween is coming, epic goons please accidently post the Ghostbusters skins this year.

Also please have Micheal Myers (actor) as the Halloween skin.

I can't wait for fortnitemares.