Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kare
Mar 19, 2002
Goat cheese and honey pizza is one of the ubiquitous styles in France for some reason

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

TontoCorazon posted:

Edit: When did hot honey be the thing to be putting on pizza? Don't really see that at any of my local pizza spots
loving hell, can we just have one dish that doesn't get covered in sugar syrup

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

That Works posted:

gently caress Dave Portnoy

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

The worst person you know etc etc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Crazy Achmed posted:

loving hell, can we just have one dish that doesn't get covered in sugar syrup

korea says no

(speakin as a korean peep)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
that's the great thing about Korean Instagram food, apart from the visual barrage there's the insidious knowledge that it's also full of sugar or corn syrup

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
here enjoy some from a place in Korea

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
"pizza jutaek" "pizza residential unit"

really "pizza bungalow" i guess

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Some sort of pizza... "hut" you could say

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nah I'm not picky, just gimme something that looks like an Elder Thing

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

And here I was coming with my Mexican pizza,but I guess we have a winner in Korea:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i note the corn on the middle one in aard varkmans post where the pizza jutaek label is isnt loose

because its cut direct from the cob lol

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I've really never understood the culinary philosophy of 'smother everything in excessive amounts of strong-flavored sauces of various kinds'. Like seriously, I really don't loving get it.

Gonna order some bomb pizza tonight in protest.

Seven cheese, pepperoni, roasted garlic (whole slices), red onion.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
a restaurant, especially in a vast metro with good public transit like every significant metro in korea (viz., seoul and maaaaybe busan) lives and dies on marketing

if the marketing even worked on us Posting wherever, prolly gonna work on intended recipients. end result of demented arms race be damned

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

AARD VARKMAN posted:

here enjoy some from a place in Korea

No prob

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Justin Credible posted:

I've really never understood the culinary philosophy of 'smother everything in excessive amounts of strong-flavored sauces of various kinds'. Like seriously, I really don't loving get it.

May as well get fifty cheese, there's no way the nuances of all seven cheeses are noticeable particularly with whole garlic and onion thrown on. Unless :thejoke:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Justin Credible posted:

For street food and late night drunk food, I've always thought a ton of sauces was a potential way to cover up the taste of low quality ingredients and increase the calorie count of the food (and how satiated the customer feels after eating) by adding a bunch of oil and sugar. I guess that has then been cargo-culted by Instagram restaurants into drowning everything in goop for the 'wow' factor or to make the food seem indulgent and luxurious.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Desperado Bones posted:

And here I was coming with my Mexican pizza,but I guess we have a winner in Korea:

Yeah compared to the lunatic excess of the Korean pics, these look downright tasteful (and tasty).

Thinking of calling the burger-with-fries-sticking-out shtick the "Guy Fryeri".

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s0r2t1rwkR1zitblf.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This feels like more of a fondon't

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Is there another angle to understand the size?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

wow, gently caress this guy. everyone walking by saying how awesome it was and he shits all over it because he doesn't like parm. why the gently caress are you even eating it then

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

uber_stoat posted:

it's enough of a thing that you can buy a kroger branded frozen pizza of it. goes real good with pepps.

This is what building your entire economy and government around providing subsidies to corn syrup manufacturers does to a country.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"Various strong cheeses and sweet contrast, which is sometimes honey" is an extremely common combo so it's not particularly surprising that people putting those various strong cheeses on pizza would consider "hey what about the other side of that common combo as well"

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Philthy posted:

wow, gently caress this guy. everyone walking by saying how awesome it was and he shits all over it because he doesn't like parm. why the gently caress are you even eating it then

Have you read this thread? People like terrible fuckin pizza and their opinions should be ignored

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

"Hot honey" became a fad a little while ago, but I don't particularly expect it to be very enduring.

I guess pizza is a platform for just piling a lot of stuff on top of, and the fact that the honey is added after baking and is kept runny by the heat adds more performative aesthetic appeal.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The "heat" of hot honey is its spiciness, it is not just honey or honey substitute heated to a high temperature but rather honey with hot spices added. Honey by itself obviously doesn't need added heat to be viscous; it's sweet and hot (capsaicin heat).

A really good pizza doesn't need it obviously but it can put a mediocre pizza over the finish line

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What I meant was that the pizza itself also had heat to keep the honey runny and messy instead of congealing like cheese tends to at more edible temperatures.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hot honey is delicious and a li’l drizzle on a slice of pep is really good.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Philthy posted:

Yeah that guy is an rear end in a top hat. Look how eager he is to get in a fight with the owner over a loving pizza.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Man if you think that's why Portnoy is an rear end in a top hat you've got a whole lot to discover

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
I don't think I want to...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Von Pluring posted:

I don't think I want to...

Probably for the best, but yeah he's a massive turd in more than a few ways.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've never met you, Andy, but I do know one thing about you: you are no Mestre

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

or this one, the Everglades Pizza, topped with python, frog's legs and alligator sausage.

would, on both. Alligator is delicious. Although having frog legs with the bone in on a pizza seems annoying. Too many tiny bones.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/pepperoni-pistolero-678302

itry
Aug 23, 2019

#stupid #crime #pizza-pie

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

And some people I know say I'm wrong for saying Americans don't deserve owning guns as a constitutional right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Toxic Mental posted:

And some people I know say I'm wrong for saying Americans don't deserve owning guns pizza pie as a constitutional right