Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
gently caress YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looks like the Seahawks are looking to continue the gamble on Adams by restructuring his contract. I would have thought they would keep it in place so they had a rip cord after this season, but here we are:

quote:

Adams was set to have a base salary of $11M in 2023. A player of his experience has a minimum salary of $1.08M for 2023, meaning the Seahawks could convert $9.92M of base salary into signing bonus. Doing that would free up $6.613M of cap space by pushing $3.306M into each of 2024 and 2025 while reducing Adams’ 2023 cap hit from $18.11M to $11.497M

As a result of the restructure, Adams will now have cap hits of $26.916M in 2024 and $27.916M in 2025, while the team would carry a dead cap charge of $20.833M in 2024 if he is released following the 2023 season.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
OK so it is probably better to pay 15% of the cap to a DE who is good and plays than to pay 12% of the cap to a safety who does not play and may or may not be good anymore.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I hate you.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: :lol:

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 7, 2023

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Goddamnit

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

lol

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The 45ers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Crazy that Bosa only got 5 years after Stewart Rhodes got 17 and Enrique Tarrio got 22

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Spoeank posted:

Crazy that Bosa only got 5 years after Stewart Rhodes got 17 and Enrique Tarrio got 22

:perfect:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Spoeank posted:

holy poo poo

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Spoeank posted:

:vince:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spoeank posted:

:trumppop:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Spoeank posted:

:)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Spoeank posted:

gottem

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Spoeank posted:

Lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
hello nfc west compatriots.

this division is going to be bad this year compared to most recent years. I think. 49ers might be okay, but not as good as last year, Rams and Cardinals are gonna be utter poo poo. Only team really looking up from what I can tell are the hawks

lmao. indeed, congrats to the trump loving multi millionaire who called colin kaepernick a clown for protesting police violence

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Seahawks are probably still bad. Even if we assume three of their top four picks (2 firsts and 2 seconds) are immediately good starters, hawks are probably not great. And I mean actually good and not just “good for rookies”.

If the rookies are good the hawks still need Wagner to be good, Adams to be healthy, and at least one of the IOL acquisitions to be serviceable.

The IOL and DL are in such dire straights that any of the big dog nfc teams are gonna rough up seattle :(

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Seahawks are probably still bad. Even if we assume three of their top four picks (2 firsts and 2 seconds) are immediately good starters, hawks are probably not great. And I mean actually good and not just “good for rookies”.

If the rookies are good the hawks still need Wagner to be good, Adams to be healthy, and at least one of the IOL acquisitions to be serviceable.

The IOL and DL are in such dire straights that any of the big dog nfc teams are gonna rough up seattle :(

Put your faith in The Run.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I don't think the Seahawks are going to be bad. They still have a lot of talent on that roster despite the clear issues. That said, I think they are going to be a fringe playoff team and part of that is because they play 4 games against the Rams and Cardinals.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lifespan posted:

I don't think the Seahawks are going to be bad. They still have a lot of talent on that roster despite the clear issues. That said, I think they are going to be a fringe playoff team and part of that is because they play 4 games against the Rams and Cardinals.

The Seahawks have drafted the last two years like anyone should want their team to. Just knocking it out of the park, getting high talent at good spots. And drafting players who I personally was very high on. That's why I think they'll be better than last year, I think they've gotten more talented on both sides of the ball. Whether Geno can keep playing well is another issue, I'm not too sure about that.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Play posted:

The Seahawks have drafted the last two years like anyone should want their team to. Just knocking it out of the park, getting high talent at good spots. And drafting players who I personally was very high on. That's why I think they'll be better than last year, I think they've gotten more talented on both sides of the ball. Whether Geno can keep playing well is another issue, I'm not too sure about that.

We don’t know to if this year’s draft will be as good as last year’s draft. Even though I also like both their first round picks on paper.

We have a decade of data on PCJS drafts and talent evaluation. More often than not they have bad drafts.

The roster has a serious lack of competency - the hawks need this draft to be another slam dunk before they even enter the conversation of being a good team.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The 49ers started last season pretty shaky but then picked up C mc C and lance got hurt and their third string quarterback was a revelation. Despite a couple of key losses in free agency, I think the team is likely to start much better and finish with 10 wins or more, unless Purdy gets hurt again. The two areas I'm concerned about are the secondary besides Ward and Hufanga, but there's some potential talent there... and the kicker position, which jesus loving christ I hope we don't have to rely on a lot of field goals this year.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
All told, this is San Francisco's division to lose and Seattle only has a chance if the Niners get extremely unlucky with injuries or if Purdy turns into a pumpkin.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Manoueverable posted:

All told, this is San Francisco's division to lose and Seattle only has a chance if the Niners get extremely unlucky with injuries or if Purdy turns into a pumpkin.

Both of which could happen relatively easily.

But I'm also not sold on the 49ers o line specifically Burford and Mckivitz. I think they'll be a good team, I just don't see them being a better team than last year, and probably a worse one. But I guess we'll see.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

As we all know, the run game goes where the OL goes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Mustached Demon posted:

Put your faith in The Run.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1700325841094287435?s=20

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

they're fighting to decide who's last in the division

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
The cardinals will win one game, because they're too bad to fully commit to defeated

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers have cleared forty million in cap space for the year, over the past few days. Getting ready for a big trade? Maybe a decent right tackle?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

49ers have cleared forty million in cap space for the year, over the past few days. Getting ready for a big trade? Maybe a decent right tackle?

Mike Iupati if his knees didn't catch up to him.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Why is the chiefs mascot a wolf anyways? Better than a white guy in a head dress but

Also I hope in the future the bank robber is perceived as the reason why

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Really living up to the thread title

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1700570252952703022

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Getting ready for a godfather offer for Gould

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Papercut posted:

Getting ready for a godfather offer for Gould

:pray:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

The cardinals will win one game, because they're too bad to fully commit to defeated

which one

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

JPrime posted:

which one

With how bad they are/look, probably the Bye week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

So are the Rams just made up of Stafford, Donald, and 51 UDFAs?