Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Has anyone seen any #sport today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I'm watching #sport and having a great time!

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

thathonkey posted:

we put those disgusting monkeys out of their neuralink-induced misery #sports #nfl #sunday

:laffo:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

ComfyPants posted:

I'm watching #sport and having a great time!

!!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the thrilling #sports #conversation happening on X deepens and enriches my #sports #watching enjoyment!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i yearn to be placed on elon's monkey list

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

imagining the look on elon's face when she came in the room and laughing

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

E: oops, sorry

Cosmik Slop fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 10, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ben shapino posted:

imagining the look on elon's face when she came in the room and laughing

imagining the look on elon's face when she started talking mad poo poo from the get and never stopped

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Neuralink probably just pushes ads directly into monkeys’ brains. Infinite monkeys with infinite typewriters could be infinite engagement instead. Sell the typewriters.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Are they the same ads from Twitter?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Unregretted Monkey Minutes

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Do the neuralink chips have a purpose or are we still at the "let's put foreign objects in a monkey and see what happens" stage

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Sankis posted:

Do the neuralink chips have a purpose or are we still at the "let's put foreign objects in a monkey and see what happens" stage

The everything crap

It's fatal vaporware

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Geordi No: Fatal vaporware
Geordi Yes: Vaporwave

To be more serious, though: Elon's "but they were terminal monkeys!" is lame as hell (much like Elon himself). Animal abuse is animal abuse.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

MrQwerty posted:

yeah DeLoreans are actually cool cars once you swap the engine for something that doesn't suck poo poo. They look really good painted, too.

The Cybertruck wants to be that instantly iconic so bad but it just looks like... poo poo.

the Delorean is the ultimate don't meet your hero car

it's bad at everything and even if it was good, good cars in 1982 sucked poo poo

As long as you don't want it to be fast, comfortable, reliable or fun to drive they rock

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I just want to point out that Azalea Banks, the arguably very strange woman who sacrifices chickens did at least two very awesome things
A. Dubbed Elon "Apartheid Clyde"
B. When it was suggested she'd avoid covid vaccines because of her odd beliefs, responded along the lines of, "I may be weird but I am not stupid, of course I got vaccinated"

MrChrome
Jan 21, 2001

redshirt posted:

He'd be hilarious if he weren't so terrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAOLyi_4AbQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEY31XkIcEU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sankis posted:

"X is the everything App"

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Circle Nine posted:

Hold on, I'm gonna need some more details about this one.

The jist of it is Grimes invited Azealia Banks to the mansion she was living in with Elon to record a song for an album. This was the weekend where he tweeted out about the 420 share price. Apparently she saw him freaking out about it and Grimes was too busy consoling him about it to work on the song, so she was like left alone in this big house with her hosts completely ignoring her for days. Azealia claimed that Musk was on acid when he made the tweet and she was so pissed off over the wasted weekend that she accused grimes of inviting her over for a threesome before the plans got derailed.

One theory the Internet has is that Elon thought Grimes was talking about Iggy Azaelia and part of his weird behaviour that weekend was being disappointed that he wasn't getting a threesome with the right pop star.

Also Azaelia said grimes smells like a roll of quarters and that grimes was astounded thad she knew how to scramble an egg.

I think that's the whole story.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
there's more to the story

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Pookah posted:

I just want to point out that Azalea Banks, the arguably very strange woman who sacrifices chickens did at least two very awesome things
A. Dubbed Elon "Apartheid Clyde"
B. When it was suggested she'd avoid covid vaccines because of her odd beliefs, responded along the lines of, "I may be weird but I am not stupid, of course I got vaccinated"

c. said grimes smells like a roll of nickels

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Grimes said her love language is getting mansplained to. That is pretty much all I need to know about her

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

MunchE posted:

the Delorean is the ultimate don't meet your hero car

it's bad at everything and even if it was good, good cars in 1982 sucked poo poo

As long as you don't want it to be fast, comfortable, reliable or fun to drive they rock

The only reason people remember Deloreans is because Back to the Future. Gull wing doors look cool, but are hilariously impratical - parking would become far more difficult.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
Gullwings usually (always?) reduced the outward swing for doors I think.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Bixington posted:

Yes

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

OldMemes posted:

. Gull wing doors look cool, but are hilariously impratical - parking would become far more difficult.

Care to explain why?

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Bixington posted:

But you can’t just open them a small amount to squeeze in/out if it’s a tight fit

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

ShoeFly posted:

But you can’t just open them a small amount to squeeze in/out if it’s a tight fit

Just use two spaces badaboom

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

No. 6 posted:

Care to explain why?

Ever seen how you close the door on a DeLorean?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

MrQwerty posted:

Ever seen how you close the door on a DeLorean?

Yes, you grab and pull a strap.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Tau Terminus Monkeys

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No. 6 posted:

Care to explain why?

Viewed from the top down, opening a normal door adds a triangle of varying width to the car's profile. It can be quite a narrow triangle if it needs to be, and if you can fit through the gap.

Opening a gullwing door adds a massive loving rectangle wider than your car is tall, and since its maximum width happens at the middle of the opening motion, there's no way to make that smaller unless you get out of your car by rolling under the door like Indiana Jones. You need two or three cars' worth of parking space just to exit the vehicle. Even a knee high wall next to the thing makes it impossible to get out without damaging your ludicrously expensive brushed steel folly.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
I actually test drove a delorean ages ago and boy howdy did that car fuckin' suck for how kicking rad it is. Buncha college kids hooted to show it off, but that engine/car don't DO that.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Dabir posted:

Viewed from the top down, opening a normal door adds a triangle of varying width to the car's profile. It can be quite a narrow triangle if it needs to be, and if you can fit through the gap.

Opening a gullwing door adds a massive loving rectangle wider than your car is tall, and since its maximum width happens at the middle of the opening motion, there's no way to make that smaller unless you get out of your car by rolling under the door like Indiana Jones. You need two or three cars' worth of parking space just to exit the vehicle. Even a knee high wall next to the thing makes it impossible to get out without damaging your ludicrously expensive brushed steel folly.

Ummm what?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gull-wing_door posted:

When properly designed and counterbalanced, they require little side-clearance to open (about 27.5 cm, or 11" in the DeLorean[4] and allow much better entrance/egress than conventional doors.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We need to nip this monkey business in the bud, stat.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

redshirt posted:

We need to nip this monkey business in the bud, stat.

Working on it!

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Shame the pocket knife didn't slip and hit a live wire

https://twitter.com/WillOremus/status/1700977093218337102?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

graynull posted:

Shame the pocket knife didn't slip and hit a live wire

https://twitter.com/WillOremus/status/1700977093218337102?s=20

Jesus that's a nightmare I didn't know I should have.