Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I didn't like Michigan because he was such an oorah military guy, but he grew on me and on the mission where you go to beat him up he just bigs you up and as someone pointed out he knows the names of the MT operators under him. He's just a fun guy. The other Guns are bad and don't even get me started on the dang Vespers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

once again advocating for the strategy of "just fly around." the only time that I've died to that final boss is when I forgot to switch my FCS after loving around with long range stuff and couldn't ever hit it. i do not know what any of the attack animation tells are or how you're supposed to dodge everything and I still gently caress up constantly but I've still S ranked it whenever I've tried a burst DPS build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KowWahCFm1k

you can also can 100% just fly around shooting missiles at it and win. it takes a lot longer though so i don't think you can S rank it this way. you also probably want a faster AC than what I had here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRdR-bo3olA

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Well I ended up just cheating and using a big mech to tank through it. Didn't feel earned at all but at least it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PREcuJpggK0

Sorry for the washed out video, it's because of HDR. Also, I kept accidentally activating my boosters because that's what happens when you try to activate the Assault Shield when it's not ready :doh:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
Beat ng++ with 1 ap. Terminus shield for the win, baby! Lol

My only critique of this beautiful game is that the songbirds are too good. I can’t not run them. Nothing else compares to their Damage, weight/en load, reload time, and double shot which can still connect if the first shot misses

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

turn off the TV posted:

once again advocating for the strategy of "just fly around." the only time that I've died to that final boss is when I forgot to switch my FCS after loving around with long range stuff and couldn't ever hit it. i do not know what any of the attack animation tells are or how you're supposed to dodge everything and I still gently caress up constantly but I've still S ranked it whenever I've tried a burst DPS build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KowWahCFm1k

you can also can 100% just fly around shooting missiles at it and win. it takes a lot longer though so i don't think you can S rank it this way. you also probably want a faster AC than what I had here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRdR-bo3olA
The hell, whenever I tried to fly up and stay high like that it just shot straight up next to me and juggled me with an impossible to dodge mid-air sword combo :wtc: I wrote off being in the air completely because of it

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

EthanSteele posted:

I didn't like Michigan because he was such an oorah military guy, but he grew on me and on the mission where you go to beat him up he just bigs you up and as someone pointed out he knows the names of the MT operators under him. He's just a fun guy. The other Guns are bad and don't even get me started on the dang Vespers!

And if you read most of the red guns information, they are a bunch of criminal scum that he is literally beating into shape like some sort of militarized reform school. So he's extra hard on most of them.

I honestly hope a dlc/expansion features a reformed red guns led by I don't know, Hermit, we can say Hermit made it right?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Volte posted:

The hell, whenever I tried to fly up and stay high like that it just shot straight up next to me and juggled me with an impossible to dodge mid-air sword combo :wtc: I wrote off being in the air completely because of it

it's probably speed and direction thing. iirc the AC set up i S ranked it with hits around 450ish speed when ascending and 550ish when descending. the bosses seem to mostly be designed to hit players if they're at a fixed altitude, either on the ground or hovering as a tetrapod. just going up fast or down fast throws them off a lot

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

it's probably speed and direction thing. iirc the AC set up i S ranked it with hits around 450ish speed when ascending and 550ish when descending. the bosses seem to mostly be designed to hit players if they're at a fixed altitude, either on the ground or hovering as a tetrapod. just going up fast or down fast throws them off a lot

Up and down works great against most foes, bob, dodge and weave to victory

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RaySmuckles posted:

Beat ng++ with 1 ap. Terminus shield for the win, baby! Lol

My only critique of this beautiful game is that the songbirds are too good. I can’t not run them. Nothing else compares to their Damage, weight/en load, reload time, and double shot which can still connect if the first shot misses

There's one mission where the Songbirds are a liability; Taking out the Coral Transport Helicopters in NG++. You need something faster-reloading to catch them all in the canyon at the end.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I've made a bunch of builds based on bosses. There's some give and take on form vs function , but if you're on PS5 I've shared them all:

code:

RLF MT:     4WHH0JHJLM5N
PCA ship:   4WSR0JJNCAZ1
BALTEUS:    YM348WB3PVUD
SEA SPIDER: PCDH7VB9FA9P
CATAPHRACT: SGRDKWDC4HV7
HC:         2VCW6YQZ0D35
EKDROMOI:   MHSUDA4HMKSJ
ENFORCER:   PL03DESUNRLZ
IBIS:       A5NDALRAEJDZ
ARQUEBUS:   WP7BET2E5SLH
SOL 644:    NFUGTDL31RDB
NG++ final: UNWQHQ5WEJNS

I've tweaked them all and most of them can put up some fight in the NEST. They can all handle the arena, but only a few of them can beat end bosses.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 10, 2023

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

War Wizard posted:

I've made a bunch of builds based on bosses. There's some give and take on form vs function , but if you're on PS5 I've shared them all:

code:
RLF MT:    4WHH0JHJLM5N
PCA ship:  4WSR0JJNCAZ1
BALTEUS:   YM348WB3PVUD
SEA SPIDER: PCDH7VB9FA9P
CATAPHRACT: SGRDKWDC4HV7
HC:        2VCW6YQZ0D35
EKDROMOI:  MHSUDA4HMKSJ
ENFORCER:  PL03DESUNRLZ
IBIS:      A5NDALRAEJDZ
ARQUEBUS:  WP7BET2E5SLH
SOL 644:   NFUGTDL31RDB
ALLMIND:   UNWQHQ5WEJNS

Post the long form load out certificates, I want item numbers for us pc folk

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I also made this:

Share ID: DS5UPUDAQ5Z4

AtomikKrab posted:

Post the long form load out certificates, I want item numbers for us pc folk

It's so many. And what about the paint job!? I can post whichever you want.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Nothing to learn from them ya

...yeah, they're better than you, or me, or the other guy. But you can still learn from them by watching what they do and asking yourself why.

When he 'dodges into the sword,' he's specifically waiting for a momentary 'slow motion' frame the boss is taking before it swings through, and the dodging through opposite of the sword. If he dodged to the right, literally into the swing, the early part of the swing would catch him, while dodging left means he's got a few more frames to get clear before the sword can hit.

"I don't want to spend time analyzing a fight to figure out how it works" is a valid answer, and far be it from me to tell you what to do with your time, but lol, lmao at this soggy cardboard "that's the best gamer ever, nothing for it" poo poo.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's one mission where the Songbirds are a liability; Taking out the Coral Transport Helicopters in NG++. You need something faster-reloading to catch them all in the canyon at the end.

TBH its easier to do that mission without back weapons at all, just two main weapons strong enough to pop em in one and reload fast enough to not slow you down. the back weapons just add weight that detracts from the most important stat: Speed

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Exodee posted:

Do vertical missiles work on the cleaner's top exhaust? If they do then that would trivialize that fight too.

they do but you have to shoot them from the ground otherwise the added elevation when flying might slam the vertical missiles on the roof

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Hi, I’m a totally normal character with a first and last name.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Blaziken386 posted:

TBH its easier to do that mission without back weapons at all, just two main weapons strong enough to pop em in one and reload fast enough to not slow you down. the back weapons just add weight that detracts from the most important stat: Speed

Another option: Fastest frame you can make with fast, light, long range missiles in all slots. The lightest arm mounted missiles will knock one out in one volley. Match back ones more or less and you can poo poo missiles at each target once and move on to the next set.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

Hello, Hue Manning. You're quite good at <ERROR: COMPLIMENT NOT FOUND>.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Zulle vid for if you want your AC lights brighter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcNz-H3Hyqo

Yes I did just spend 45 minutes re-doing my murderbots, what of it?!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Consummate Professional posted:

Is your name "JOHN" ARMOREDCORE

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

PathAsc posted:

Zulle vid for if you want your AC lights brighter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcNz-H3Hyqo

Yes I did just spend 45 minutes re-doing my murderbots, what of it?!
Man if they ever make another Souls game I hope they bring over those customization options wholesale. Elden Ring had a whole bunch of armor sets with different metal colors (not to mention cloths) which could make it hard to make a good looking combination.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?? I AM!!!

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

i just zipped around and downed 'em with my laser pistols. those things are heart of my build. they're absolutely phenomenal and consistent. They've got solid range, can fire super fast (2.5 shots a second EACH) and can be fired for a long time without overheating (plus my 150 energy weapon bonus generator reduces cooldown. they basically can be fired endlessly between songbird burst and dodging around). just uh, don't be too close when those targets pop (though, even if you are, who gives a poo poo, no one's hitting my zippy spaz of a mech)

as per the songbirds, i caught one that passed me with them so :shrug: regardless, game's great

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 10, 2023

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

RaySmuckles posted:

i just zipped around and downed 'em with my laser pistols. those things are heart of my build. they're absolutely phenomenal and consistent. They've got solid range, can fire super fast (2.5 shots a second EACH) and can be fired for a long time without overheating (plus my 150 energy weapon bonus generator reduces cooldown. they basically can be fired endlessly between songbird burst and dodging around). just uh, don't be too close when those targets pop (though, even if you are, who gives a poo poo, no one's hitting my zippy spaz of a mech)

as per the songbirds, i caught one that passed me with them so :shrug: regardless, game's great

Trying out ALL the builds is always fun.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Finished NG+ and killed Walter with a rocket cheesebuild. Just equipped the all around fcs and zippy tank legs and loaded up on the Carla launchers and just chain fired from a distance. Still had to do a fair bit of dodging for the curvy beam weapon attack.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?? I AM!!!

Feels good, don't it, Buddy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i heard a lot of complaining about warrant officer but i splattered him good after only 3 or 4 tries, felt pretty good!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The complaining is mostly that you have to fight the combat log merc and then beat the warrant officer without any checkpoints

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

After three nights of attempts, learning how to dodge, how to break pulse shields, and how to be much more aggressive: with just 2000 AP remaining, no repair kits remaining, and the boss at ~20%, one last ditch overboost -> assault armor -> sword swipe -> stagger -> unload everything combo, and Balteus is finally down. :black101:

I am so bad at these kind of bosses but the rush you get from them at the end is exhilarating. I had to walk away from the game for an hour because of how bad my hands were shaking.

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 10, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

After three nights of attempts, learning how to dodge, how to break pulse shields, and how to be much more aggressive: with just 2000 AP remaining, no repair kits remaining, and the boss at ~20%, one last ditch overboost -> assault armor -> sword swipe -> stagger -> unload everything combo, and Balteus is finally down. :black101:

I am so bad at these kind of bosses but the rush you get from them at the end is exhilarating. I had to walk away from the game for an hour because of how bad my hands were shaking.

it did feel real nice to beat balteus :)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I collapsed onto the floor when I first beat him lol

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Can you secure chests using the mission replay menu, or do you actively have to be in a story run?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

osker posted:

Can you secure chests using the mission replay menu, or do you actively have to be in a story run?

you get them on replays

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I just realized I should use the shoulder gun drones with my shotgun + chainsaw build. It went from "lol" to "lmao".

Then I started making pokemon with Carla's "wing" missile launchers, like Zapdos, and Charizard.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Jerma is playing AC6 rn if you wanna see some poor gameplay decisions

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

verbal enema posted:

Jerma is playing AC6 rn if you wanna see some poor gameplay decisions

or I could just turn on my monitor

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mazerunner posted:

or I could just turn on my monitor

Yeah playing games without the monitor on pretty bad idea

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The truenos in ng++ felt like a really good songbird replacement to me. If you use a missile lock fcs they can really course correct, or you can just yolo them out on slow/staggered targets. Just really cool weapons IMO

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Just got the third ending. Wow I love this game. Might be my game of the year due to the replayability and customization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
haha i got ibis down pretty easy and of course it comes back

well that's for tomorrow

i was wrong about the game being too long - chapter 4 has a different feel than the ones before, i think i was just starting to feel like the game wasn't developing, but it does