Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Sts on mobile is extremely ftw. Only game ill ever have on my phone. Cheaper too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

chami posted:

Solitairica

Never heard of this before and I really, really like it.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Mymla posted:

I think reflex used to be draw 1-2 instead of 2-3 as well?

The card is still unplayable today, but it used to be unplayable in a different sense too.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

cheeseboy58 posted:

Sts on mobile is extremely ftw. Only game ill ever have on my phone. Cheaper too

vampire survivors is free on phone

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Solitairica is an all time great.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OneTwentySix posted:

Are there any good StS-like games on mobile? I'll be away from Internet for the weekend, and while I have StS on my tablet, I've also got over 600 hours on it (and, er, 840 on PC . . .), so I'd like to have something fun on my tablet that isn't just the same thing I play before bed most nights. Any recommendations?

Night of the Full Moon. It's got some pay to access, and it'll cost a chunk to get everything, but it's basically three or four separate games in the cost and you can get a taste of all of them for free.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Rick posted:

Solitairica is an all time great.

I installed it to take a look and it immediately demanded full access to my personal data before it would run. So I uninstalled it, and gently caress those guys.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jedit posted:

Night of the Full Moon. It's got some pay to access, and it'll cost a chunk to get everything, but it's basically three or four separate games in the cost and you can get a taste of all of them for free.

Seconding this one. It's got a cute aesthetic and it's pretty fun.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

OneTwentySix posted:

Are there any good StS-like games on mobile? I'll be away from Internet for the weekend, and while I have StS on my tablet, I've also got over 600 hours on it (and, er, 840 on PC . . .), so I'd like to have something fun on my tablet that isn't just the same thing I play before bed most nights. Any recommendations?

Pirates Outlaws. Very well done IMO. It's the first deck building game I ever played and still holds up to StS. It's not quite as deep but still very fun.

I've also played some Rogue Adventure, it's not a great as StS or Pirates Outlaws but still pretty solid.

neato burrito fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 8, 2023

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Quote is not edit!

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Slice & Dice is really good! Though not a deck builder it scratches the itch in a similar way. And it’s goon-made!

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Is rogue book any good? I've been curious

Been getting back into StS and just got to A3 on the Defect! Daily climbs have been fun puzzles too

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
Goddamn, I just did a relic swap into the Calling Bell and got given a Potion Belt, Old Coin, and Toxic Egg. I'm sure I'll die stupidly anyways but it gave me a warm feeling nonetheless.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Oh yeah, you gotta be careful as gently caress. It's very easy to die early with that. None of those 3 gives you an immediate power boost, plus you lost power from losing your normal starter relic, plus you got a curse. So you're actually WAY weaker on floor 1. The upside is huge, if you survive even like, I dunno, 10 floors, but you're definitely weaker on floor 1 than if you somehow skipped the bonus entirely.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Get to a shop asap.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Yoshi Wins posted:

Oh yeah, you gotta be careful as gently caress. It's very easy to die early with that. None of those 3 gives you an immediate power boost, plus you lost power from losing your normal starter relic, plus you got a curse. So you're actually WAY weaker on floor 1. The upside is huge, if you survive even like, I dunno, 10 floors, but you're definitely weaker on floor 1 than if you somehow skipped the bonus entirely.

Barely made it through act one; Should mention it is A20. There was a shop on floor two that gave me a few useful options and...a mummified hand. I knew I was really asking for it if I took the hand, but I had grand visions of a creative ai build eventually. Pathed away from elites until the 12th floor or so to try and build up my deck and...ended up with a barrage, two charge batteries+, three coolheaded+'s, tempest+, self repair, heatsinks, and a bullseye. Damage options weren't great unfortunately, but was thankfully then also given a defragment, upgraded it and the bullseye before the guardian, and was able to beat him by simply blocking his heavy attacks.

Boss reward was a biased cognition (alternatives were machine learning and reboot) and a choice between sacred bark, astrolobe, and runic pyramid. Opted for the astrolobe and swapped two defends and a strike and got a Rainbow+, recursion+, and reinforced body+.

My deck is now as follows:

Ascenders Bane
Curse of the Bell
Strike x3
Defend x2
Zap
Dualcast
Coolheaded+ x3
Charge Battery+ x2
Barrage
Self Repair
Tempest+
Heatsinks
Bullseye+
Biased Cognition
Rainbow+
Recursion+
Reinforced Body+

My relics are the original three, mummified hand, bottled lightning(Coolheaded+ because my options at the time were that or zap and a dualcast with no target), odd mushroom, fossilized helix, and astrolobe.

I have literally no idea how I am going to kill anything in act two, but at least I'll do it while blocking 30+ a turn.

Update

Deck is actually starting to come together. I again pathed conservatively and aside frombeing accosted by bandits in a ? room early on(Burned two random poteions and an entropic brew), this proved to be a good idea. Got a creative AI in a ? shop, realized my deck was pretty good, and decided to path aggressively into two elites. After knocking off the slavers and crazy hand, the deck was as follows going into the champ:

Ascenders Bane
Curse of the Bell
Strike x1
Defend x2
Zap
Dualcast
Coolheaded+ x4
Charge Battery+ x2
Barrage
Self Repair
Tempest+
Heatsinks
Bullseye+
Biased Cognition
Rainbow+
Recursion+ x2
Reinforced Body+
Ball Lightning+
Creative AI+
Amplify+
Overclock+
Turbo+

Also picked up red mask, bag of marbles, oddly smooth stone, and an ancient tea set. It absolutely rolled through the champ without taking damage at all, and was given a choice of reboot+, machine learning, and another creative AI. Took machine learning and now have to decide between the cursed choker, tiny house, and black star. Just realizing I am was too buzzed to make these decisions I am taking a short break now, but leaning towards the star as the deck seems to be cruising now. Will let you know how I ultimately die!

And final update... beat the heart without taking a point of damage. Somehow realized the dream I began with and ended with creative AI firing 5 times a turn and about a dozen stacks of Echo Form. Not often a run actually works out the way you hoped it would, but gotta pad my 1% victory rate somehow.

Person Dyslexic fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 9, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Is rogue book any good? I've been curious

It's adequate, but there are much better options. I'd play Indies' Lies over it any day of the week, for a start.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

V cute. But now I want Neow

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
you're just going to have to wait for neow

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Into the breech is on mobile and if you have a Netflix account it’s free via their games pass.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Anyone know if you will be able to fight the heart in the board game or is it just the first 3 acts?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Is the android port any good? Have heard mixed things about it.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

Is the android port any good? Have heard mixed things about it.

It's pretty good. I have a pixel 3a and aside from the initial loadup taking 30 seconds, it's A1.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I play on Android occasionally and it works fine. Sometimes it's hard to de select a card and you have be up playing it by accident but other than that it's no problem.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Yestermoment posted:

It's pretty good. I have a pixel 3a and aside from the initial loadup taking 30 seconds, it's A1.

The delay is caused by linking to your Google account, if you don't it loads basically instantly. You have to decline linking every time though

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Never thought I’d see the day and it took me over 500 hours but I finally got my first A20 win, a classic Defect snecko run. Thunder strike+ chipped in real good in the final boss fights.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

massive spider posted:

Into the breech is on mobile and if you have a Netflix account it’s free via their games pass.

Is there a way to get it without netflix? Haven't been able to find a standalone one.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
TIL that if you take multiple Phantasmal Killers and Calculated Gambles because gently caress it, you have Apotheosis anyway, you will end up effectively permanently dealing double damage because Phantasmal Killer's duration stacks and you're discarding and redrawing your whole deck multiple times per turn

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Star posted:

Never thought I’d see the day and it took me over 500 hours but I finally got my first A20 win, a classic Defect snecko run. Thunder strike+ chipped in real good in the final boss fights.

Congrats. I gave up the ghost on doing it a while ago. Although maybe I'll give it a whirl on Champion because I've been having some good fun getting into the rhythm.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Thanks to whoever suggested Vampire Survivors for free on mobile, I didn't get it at first but now it has its hooks in me. Perfect low stakes way to kill a few minutes.

Angry Diplomat posted:

TIL that if you take multiple Phantasmal Killers and Calculated Gambles because gently caress it, you have Apotheosis anyway, you will end up effectively permanently dealing double damage because Phantasmal Killer's duration stacks and you're discarding and redrawing your whole deck multiple times per turn

!!!

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

TIL that StS on mobile doesn't automatically unlock all the cards regardless of what ascension you are on. I had to go in and manually update the unlock file to give me all the cards. I'm on ascension 14 across all characters and kept wondering why I never saw meteor strike or hyperbeam and well that explains that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Anyone know if you will be able to fight the heart in the board game or is it just the first 3 acts?

You will, yes.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Star posted:

Congrats on your first A20 win with the character that is probably the hardest to win with in A20

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
Started a defect run with boss swap relic for snecko eye. Took 43 damage from jaw worm on floor one because I wasn't able to play more than one card per turn for five of seven turns.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

bartlebee posted:

Started a defect run with boss swap relic for snecko eye. Took 43 damage from jaw worm on floor one because I wasn't able to play more than one card per turn for five of seven turns.

Snecko giveth, and Snecko taketh away.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Jaw worm smelled the eye and went for eating the entire rear end

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.

bartlebee posted:

skill issue

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Blind Duke posted:

Jaw worm smelled the eye and went for eating the entire rear end

how do i delete someone else's post

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hackan Slash posted:

The delay is caused by linking to your Google account, if you don't it loads basically instantly. You have to decline linking every time though

I followed a guide to turn off the Google account linking and now the mobile app works great.

The downside is that my productivity at work is now hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teddust
Feb 27, 2007

OctaviusBeaver posted:

There is a heart to fight but I haven't read up on what you need to do to fight it.