Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

He named his kid Jason? What a weirdo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Very late to this one, but lmao

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Beastie posted:

I had a coworker that named his son after Han and Leia's son from the SW books and the dude was gutted when Disney bought the franchise and retconned the universe.

Shut up Jacen you're changing your name to Kylo Ren OR ELSE.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Beastie posted:

I had a coworker that named his son after Han and Leia's son from the SW books and the dude was gutted when Disney bought the franchise and retconned the universe.

Good news there's a Jacen in the Ahsoka series as a wink to Jacen Solo.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I have a hard time seeing how Rim "okay, you can eat your enemies, just as a treat" world is conservative.

Ohhhhh.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

The very conservative P4G, where a bisexual man is tormented by his own latent toxic masculinity, a woman dresses as a man specifically to avoid sexism, capitalism is evil, and the killer is an angry incel who hates women, and who only became a cop because he wanted to carry a gun and hurt people.

lol the 'bisexual' is portrayed as just going through 'a thing' where he wants to do feminine things but he's totally not gay

you may want to pay more attention

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Coolness Averted posted:

But it rules naming your kid after a character whose defining character traits are alcoholism and banter

yeah if my daughter had been a boy she would have been named after my maternal grandfather

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

you may want to pay more attention

Sorry, I was distracted by this 'straight as an arrow' depiction of his subconscious which looks like this

but thank you for providing a nuance or interpretation-free view of a character to me.

PKMN Trainer Red has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Sep 11, 2023

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

situated between stupid stipulation matches for the 'smart fans' who will 'appreciate how bad/good it is'

I'm not saying Mimosa Mayhem wasn't a loving stupid stipulation, but c'mon, son, it's nowhere as stupid as the poo poo Vince Russo was booking for WCW or TNA, or hell, the stuff WWE was also booking during the pandemic.

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

Midnight Voyager posted:

Metal Gear Rising? Is a game conservative when the villain shares your views and gets called completely insane??

but the main voice actor is a sex pest, so if you don't support it you're a woke commie

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Agents are GO! posted:

loving BIOSHOCK IS A CONSERVATIVE GAME? :psypop:

Try not to think about how many Gamers looked at Rapture and thought "great concept, just a minor fumble in the execution"

*space marine firing over head.jpg*

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Violet_Sky posted:

Ocarina of Time is conservative? I guarantee you some CHUD would have a meltdown over Sheik today.

OoT is a basic "brave knight saves the helpless princess" story. Also, the bad guy is middle eastern and the plot is kicked off when the foolish trusting king allows the evil duplicitous middle eastern villain to enter his white person kingdom and doesn't just kick him to the curb.

Conservatives prefer stories where good and evil are very clearly delineated (we're good, they're evil, it's okay to just machine gun all of them without thinking about it), no introspection is ever needed or performed, and it ends with the good using violence to kill the evil.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Sheik turning back into Zelda and immediately getting kidnapped and being a glorified paperweight/dooropener for the rest of the game was the subject of countless jokes and video game webcomic punchlines, it was seen as rather old fashioned even at the time.

mycot has a new favorite as of 00:19 on Sep 11, 2023

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

TinTower posted:

I'm not saying Mimosa Mayhem wasn't a loving stupid stipulation, but c'mon, son, it's nowhere as stupid as the poo poo Vince Russo was booking for WCW or TNA, or hell, the stuff WWE was also booking during the pandemic.

My problem, and I know that this is an old person perspective, is that the ideal number of gimmick wrestling matches is zero, or near zero. On a scale of New Japan to WCW, AEW is a helluva lot more WCW and 'put an object on top of a pole' than New Japan's 'three guys wrestle sometimes, maybe there's a once a decade Lumberjack match'. They're not required to do any dumb gimmicks like WCW did, but instead we get stuff like a Cracker Barrel-branded match or fighting someone into a goddamn dentist chair.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

Metal Gear Rising? Is a game conservative when the villain shares your views and gets called completely insane??

It's stunning how often gamers declare the Metal Gear series free of "politics". It just keeps happening.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

wash bucket posted:

It's stunning how often gamers declare the Metal Gear series free of "politics". It just keeps happening.

Just me staring as the Armstech chief monologues about nuclear weapons to the scare-real of nuclear launches and tests in MGS1...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Sorry, I was distracted by this 'straight as an arrow' depiction of his subconscious which looks like this

but thank you for providing a nuance or interpretation-free view of a character to me.

Unfortunately P4 is about how you while you should be yourself it is actually way more important to conform to society's expectations. I have to assume that the lead creatives during development must have had different ideas for the plot because the "message" contradicts itself constantly.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Well, that’s it

You found the worst social media

I’m going to go and die now

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Well, that’s it

You found the worst social media

I’m going to go and die now

Just lmao if you think this won't be beaten within the hour.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Indie guy stuck so far up his own rear end he can see out his own mouth.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

brb gonna go through her posts to find out what she named her 4th secret kid

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

My problem, and I know that this is an old person perspective, is that the ideal number of gimmick wrestling matches is zero, or near zero. On a scale of New Japan to WCW, AEW is a helluva lot more WCW and 'put an object on top of a pole' than New Japan's 'three guys wrestle sometimes, maybe there's a once a decade Lumberjack match'. They're not required to do any dumb gimmicks like WCW did, but instead we get stuff like a Cracker Barrel-branded match or fighting someone into a goddamn dentist chair.

I think it's a little unfair to be ragging on the pandemic era for having silly gimmick matches, and like I said, WWE was also doing incredibly silly gimmick matches around the same time (some were good – like the Firefly Funhouse match; some were complete dogshit, like the Eye for an Eye match, the Wyatt swamp fight, or the Zombiejack match). Also, to be fair, both companies have been rowing back from the sillier stipulations now fans are allowed back in.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Bold of them to consider Jonathan Blow a "relevant person"

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

TinTower posted:

I think it's a little unfair to be ragging on the pandemic era for having silly gimmick matches, and like I said, WWE was also doing incredibly silly gimmick matches around the same time (some were good – like the Firefly Funhouse match; some were complete dogshit, like the Eye for an Eye match, the Wyatt swamp fight, or the Zombiejack match). Also, to be fair, both companies have been rowing back from the sillier stipulations now fans are allowed back in.

Oh you're completely correct, the problem is that it's a 'sports entertainment' problem. AEW was founded on the promise that you were gonna see wrestling, the sort of thing Vince McMahon wouldn't prioritize any more, but the instant they started to pick up any steam, they immediately went to the Sports Entertainment model. They try hard to ride the line between both models -- you can watch a Bryan Danielson match and see actual wrasslin or a Bucks match and watch Sports Entertainment -- but you can't be the giant-killer anthesis to WWE while also doing all the same dumb poo poo they do, otherwise you're just a slightly different version of the already-existing thing. And that's the problem, going back to my original thoughts on AEW -- you're not going to beat WWE by being a knock-off version of WWE, you're only going to beat it by putting on a better program (which means not doing dumb poo poo on the weekly, tossing up a million false finishes, or letting dudes get color every other show).

e: Also, lol Jonathan Blow, a dude so fragile and thin-skinned he couldn't survive in an industry specifically tailored to thin-skinned white dudes.

PKMN Trainer Red has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Sep 11, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

The game that made this guy a thing is about a guy so insanely obsessed with a woman he is stalking that he perceives time backwards so he looks like the hero.

Also the atomic bomb for some reason.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Aphrodite posted:

The game that made this guy a thing is about a guy so insanely obsessed with a woman he is stalking that he perceives time backwards so he looks like the hero.

Because the atomic bomb is profound n poo poo. I think they made a movie about it or something.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Inceltown posted:

Just lmao if you think this won't be beaten within the hour.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Within the next post

I love the internet

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Jonathan Blow is a goddamn loving idiot who uses his platform to spread hate and misinformation.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

Jonathan Blowhard

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zesty posted:

Jonathan Blow is a goddamn loving idiot who uses his platform to spread hate and misinformation.

Jonathan Suck

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Braid more like Bad

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Aphrodite posted:

And when the game came out and was a huge success, he cried because Soulja Boy had too much fun with it instead of getting deeply invested in the game's masterful storytelling.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Hardcordion posted:

And when the game came out and was a huge success, he cried because Soulja Boy had too much fun with it instead of getting deeply invested in the game's masterful storytelling.

I don't think Soulja Boy had fun with it this is a pretty negative review

https://youtu.be/xSXofLK5hFQ?si=M0kFBbmEcUjTnZ0d

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Braid and Soulja Boy, take me back to 2008 when life was worth living.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fire Emblem Three Houses? loving really? You think one of the most incredibly gay games (by which I mean it's celebrated for how gay it is) on the Switch is conservative?

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
It's wild that they could claim Minecraft as a conservative game as much as anything else on the list, but nobody cares enough about Notch anymore to claim him lmao

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
J Blow blows and the his games a fancy art, or f art. but atleast The Looker came out of it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm willing to cede the worst fallout game to conservatives I'll be busy being gay in new vegas and 2

E: honestly surprised they went with rimworld when factorio is much more libertarian

tokin opposition has a new favorite as of 04:23 on Sep 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

tokin opposition posted:

I'm willing to cede the worst fallout game to conservatives I'll be busy being gay in new vegas and 2

E: honestly surprised they went with rimworld when factorio is much more libertarian

Rimworld had a bunch of misogyny and bioessentialism in its mechanics that were discovered really early, and to the best of my knowledge I don't think the developer ever removed them or apologized. It's pretty easy to find the red flags being raised, but then everyone just sorta stopped caring before anything actually happened.

All that is to say yeah, absolutely, if any game in that little genre's actually conservative it's totally Rimworld.