Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he's going to wrestlemania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there's a little event happening that's preventing movies from being filmed. perhaps you've heard of it. it's called the road to wrestlemania.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
TMZ picked up the Riddle story.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/09/10/wwe-matt-riddle-jfk-sexual-assault-claim-internal-investigation/

I have a feeling Riddle is probably gone if it was true that he was being disorderly and then falsely accused someone of sexual assault.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

RealityWarCriminal posted:

there's a little event happening that's preventing movies from being filmed. perhaps you've heard of it. it's called the road to wrestlemania.

sports entertainment doesnt need writers brother

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah it does they’re just non-union

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

99 writers writing a script that 1 old man teares up before the show

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

What sort of printable label do you think Riddle’s lawyer will use this time?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lumbermouth posted:

What sort of printable label do you think Riddle’s lawyer will use this time?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I watched Smackdown this week for the first time in ages and I still hate the production design of all the dark coloured lights and constant camera cuts. The cuts aren’t as bad as they were a few years ago but they are still a noticeable distraction.

They obviously have giant crowds but they don’t show them off, they just bathe them in red and blue lights and make them hard to see. I suspect this is done because they are sweetening the crowd noise and don’t want it to be so obvious.

Speaking of sweetening the crowd noise, Dominick’s promo could not be heard over the booing. You couldn’t see the crowd during this so it seemed really fake. I saw someone on Reddit say they were there and it is legit, and the fans boo Dom because that is what they’re supposed to do. So I guess even if it’s authentic noise, it’s not authentic heat. It’s just the WWE equivalent of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

One person who is legit over is LA Knight. They made sure to show the crowd for him. I’ve heard some promo work from him before and he definitely lifted the Rock’s cadence, but I didn’t realize how much of the Rock’s body language he lifted too. But if his gimmick’s working then I can’t really fault them for running with it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

DarkstarIV posted:

TMZ picked up the Riddle story.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/09/10/wwe-matt-riddle-jfk-sexual-assault-claim-internal-investigation/

I have a feeling Riddle is probably gone if it was true that he was being disorderly and then falsely accused someone of sexual assault.

The sale/merger with Endeavor goes through Tuesday and cuts are already expected (probably more in the office personal. You don't need departments from both company staying type stuff).
But it probably isn't good to get your name in TMZ headlines prior to this

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Grendels Dad posted:

Wait, didn't the exact same thing happen to Gargano not too long ago?

Sisyphus’ push

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Helluva away to find out there's a Big Trouble in Little China remake in the works.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Cthulu Carl posted:

Helluva away to find out there's a Big Trouble in Little China remake in the works.

rumored for years. i think john singleton was attached to it. it’ll be unfortunate if it actually happens.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Speaking of sweetening the crowd noise, Dominick’s promo could not be heard over the booing. You couldn’t see the crowd during this so it seemed really fake. I saw someone on Reddit say they were there and it is legit, and the fans boo Dom because that is what they’re supposed to do. So I guess even if it’s authentic noise, it’s not authentic heat. It’s just the WWE equivalent of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

They don't even try to hide how much they're sweetening the audio.

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1698868138744422783

You can fuckin' hear where it loops, and you can see the audience isn't reacting or doing anything at all.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I watched that Gunther vs Gable match and it was fine. Good, even. That slow deadlift chaos theory was swank! But a four & half star classic? iDK man

It was good! But like, it was “good.” Maybe I’m just not in the resonance with WWE matches because I watch so few so if you watch loads of them then you can see that they are playing against tropes I am unaware of

Edit: Rhea’s latest hairdo is poo poo

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

They're loving remaking big trouble in little china what the gently caress.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vandar posted:

You can fuckin' hear where it loops, and you can see the audience isn't reacting or doing anything at all.

More heat than the friggin sun

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Trying posted:

I watched that Gunther vs Gable match and it was fine. Good, even. That slow deadlift chaos theory was swank! But a four & half star classic? iDK man

It was good! But like, it was “good.” Maybe I’m just not in the resonance with WWE matches because I watch so few so if you watch loads of them then you can see that they are playing against tropes I am unaware of

Edit: Rhea’s latest hairdo is poo poo

Dave scores WWE on a curve.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Breetai posted:

No they're not. That movie has been in dev hell for at least a decade. I doubt it's happening at this point.

I hope they end up making a Jumanji III and finishing the trilogy.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

I doubt Rock ever comes back even if his Hollywood star does fall significantly. He's already wealthy enough to never really need to work again and doesn't seem to be prone to terrible Nick Cage-style financial decisions. A WWE appearance isn't going to materially make a difference to his lifestyle.

At this point, he's pretty much working for "I am a big deal star. Producers will pay loads of money and compete with each other for the chance to work with me since I'm just that cool" social clout. His past wrestling appearances while his movie career was rising go with that since they're "I don't have to do this, but I still remember my roots", which looks good. A WWE guest spot after some high profile movie flops and a stalled film career feels more desperate/washed up.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you may disagree with dave's review scores but he is always correct

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Breetai posted:

They're not

quote:

In June 2015, TheWrap reported that Dwayne Johnson was developing a remake to star as Jack Burton and produce with his Seven Bucks Productions film studio. Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz were hired screenwriters.[45] In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Johnson expressed interest in having Carpenter involved in the film.[46] Carpenter responded stating, "It's very early in the process. I haven't spoken to Dwayne Johnson about any of this... I'm ambivalent about a remake."[47]

By August 27, 2018, Seven Bucks Productions' President Hiram Garcia clarified that the film will be a sequel and a continuation of the previous film. The creative minds behind the new film acknowledged that they have no intention of replacing Kurt Russell by re-casting Johnson as Jack Burton, but will make a follow-up movie to the original.[48]

When the last update on anything is still no casting or directing And more than 5 years ago, it's dead as hell. But of course that's obvious from being mentioned as Coming Soon on a site nobody ever heard of

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Breetai posted:

Not the place but I half expect The Rock to fight terrorists off on Nakatomi Plaza or be the next T1000 at this rate.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Vandar posted:

No they're not. That movie has been in dev hell for at least a decade. I doubt it's happening at this point.

I hope they end up making a Jumanji III and finishing the trilogy.

Who gets to finish the story first, Xander Bravestone or Cody?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Foxfire_ posted:

He's already wealthy enough to never really need to work again and doesn't seem to be prone to terrible Nick Cage-style financial decisions.

The man bought the XFL.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

Not the place but I half expect The Rock to fight terrorists off on Nakatomi Plaza or be the next T1000 at this rate.

He already did a Die Hard remake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyscraper_(2018_film)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Then it turns into Enter the Dragon, that movie is pretty insane

bartok
May 10, 2006

Breetai posted:

Don't worry they've been trying to remake it for like 20 years. John Carpenter's thoughts on remakes of his movies is he likes getting the checks for them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He survived Fog, Halloween, Thing, and Assault on Precent 13 remakes. Carpenter would happily cash Rock’s check or the theoretical Big Trouble remake to buy more weed and video games.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

He survived Fog, Halloween, Thing, and Assault on Precent 13 remakes. Carpenter would happily cash Rock’s check or the theoretical Big Trouble remake to buy more weed and video games.

:objection: the thing was a prequel to a remake not a remake of a remake

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

One of the two Halloween remakes was good (gently caress no it wasn't RZ's, in case that weren't obvious)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

One of the two Halloween remakes was good (gently caress no it wasn't RZ's, in case that weren't obvious)

rob zombies halloween is good

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris James 2 posted:

‘I8’s a sequel though. Or “requel” if you must but it specifically follows Carpenter’s original.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

:objection: the thing was a prequel to a remake not a remake of a remake

Nerd owned.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Vandar posted:

they went full mask off (sure, pun intended why not) during covid when there was a full arena crowd reaction sound to poo poo that was happening with 100 people on zoom call screens so I doubt they'll ever care to hide it

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Vandar posted:

Having watched what real heat sounds like on AEW, this is such bad crowd sweetening lol. Dom could at least pretend to react to imaginary boos instead of occasionally turning his head around awkwardly.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dom knew what he signed up for

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Everyone that goes to live WWE shows says Dom has unbelievable and real heat because they’ve never heard the crowd make any other noise except when there is a cue to sing along to someone’s song.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Fair enough. Sorry about being wrong re: money numbers.

Also it was the whinging and defensiveness that really made me lose respect for the man.

If you can't handle people saying your movie was bad, then you are not cut out to be an actor. Which surprised me, as he spent some of the best times of his career getting BOOed. Indeed, he started his career getting "go away, we don't like you" Boos as Rocky Maivia. So you'd think he could handle some nobodies saying his silly comedy wasn't fun, or that the movie he personally got paid millions to make didn't gross record numbers.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Nipponophile posted:

The man bought the XFL.
There's "buying the XFL" levels of bad with money, then there's "Instead of paying my taxes, I need to buy a second European castle to house my dinosaur skull collection" levels of bad with money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Matt Riddle learning the meaning of consent is the ultimate form of irony.