Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

roomtone posted:

i was wrong about the game being too long - chapter 4 has a different feel than the ones before, i think i was just starting to feel like the game wasn't developing, but it does

i was wondering if you were going to change your opinion about this; the first 2-3 chapters you're just as confused as 621 but the curtain starts getting drawn back a bit in chapter 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The early chapters are a lot more interesting in NG+ now that you know so much more about all those names getting thrown at you.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

roomtone posted:

haha i got ibis down pretty easy and of course it comes back

well that's for tomorrow

i was wrong about the game being too long - chapter 4 has a different feel than the ones before, i think i was just starting to feel like the game wasn't developing, but it does

Chapters 1 and 3 are "doing stuff" and chapters 2 and 4 are "going places" with 5 being the climax.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

War Wizard posted:

Chapters 1 and 3 are "doing stuff" and chapters 2 and 4 are "going places" with 5 being the climax.

2 and 4 also hit the going places with the level set up, once you have done them and know the routes they are fairly fast, but the first time they are nice exploration jaunts.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I cannot get over how anticlimactic and lame biped leg's kick is compared to any of the others.

Like a kid kicking a soccer ball for the first time.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
just finished ng+ game still rocks

none of the bosses really felt like roadblocks this time around so it went a lot faster than the first playthrough

even ibis went down in less than a minute

bring on ng++

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

imo a big problem with the plot is that there isn't enough stuff like chapter 1 and 3. it doesn't feel like your character ever really does a lot of mercenary gruntwork stuff and the PCA shows up, wrecks everyone off screen and then implodes in two or three missions so it never seems like they were ever a threat despite apparently overpowering everyone.

Bussamove posted:

I cannot get over how anticlimactic and lame biped leg's kick is compared to any of the others.

i think that there are two biped kick animations actually

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
now that i've had a few hours to contemplate the platinum, this has definitely been my GOTY so far

s ranking i thought would be harder than it was, but by the time you've finished ng++ (i had to do ng+++ because i screwed up the 3rd playthrough) you should know the levels well enough that speed running them isn't too terrible

i saved the prologue for last on the s ranks, thought it was fitting. s ranking was a lot of fun. i'm really hoping for some dlc or an expansion.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Bussamove posted:

Gotta agree with this. You’d think the biped kick would have been a sickass roundhouse or a Mortal Kombat style jumping kick or something. Hell even an Elden Ring style square-stanced door kick style move would have been fine.

But nope. It’s just “shy child half heartedly kicking a rock.” But I guess that does make it extra funny that it still manages to thonk MT’s hundreds of feet away though.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 11, 2023

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I want a game mode where we buy MTs to overwhelm the opponents base. Run around activating and repairing defense placements while trying to shoo away the opposing AC.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm really looking forward to a randomizer myself

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Oops! All Balteus!

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

War Wizard posted:

I want a game mode where we buy MTs to overwhelm the opponents base. Run around activating and repairing defense placements while trying to shoo away the opposing AC.

I was so excited by the mission briefing where they tell you you have a friendly MT squad to help defend the objective and Walter reminds you to make proper use of them so I was imagining all kinds of potential tactical scenarios and how you'd be called on to deploy them to specific points while covering others yourself, or using them to provide supporting fire from high ground...

Battlezone was really loving good.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I'm hoping sales went well enough that they do an expansion where it's all brakes off in regard to weird part variety. Either that or a campaign from the point of view of an ac delivery guy who gets ambushed by a merc, has to fight him off and survive a long trek to deliver the core on foot followed by fighting their way through the arena in a quest for vengeance.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Starting chapter 3 and I feel like there aren't enough parts in this game. I think I would prefer it if early game parts started to get replaced for late game parts at the cost of almost every part being viable. As it is if I'm focused on being fast, it feels like options don't really expand, I just keep getting heavier and heavier gear.

Tuning is kinda neat as side progression but I just want some really whacky strong booster so I can use my cool new weapons while being at 350+ boost speed.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Eej posted:

The complaining is mostly that you have to fight the combat log merc and then beat the warrant officer without any checkpoints

I did this last night btw and I did it in NG++ for the first time, I didn't bother in NG and I did Cataphract in NG+ and never bothered to go back because Warrant Officer was kind of a pain in the rear end.

A question I have is does he (edit: Freddy, CANDLE RING) say different poo poo if you kill him before NG++? Because in NG++ you've already killed Dolmayan so his chatter the whole time is about like "I am gonna avenge Father Dolmayan, the guy you killed, who also knew who you were btw" but in NG or NG+ you have not, in fact, killed Dolmayan yet.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 11, 2023

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

I did this last night btw and I did it in NG++ for the first time, I didn't bother in NG and I did Cataphract in NG+ and never bothered to go back because Warrant Officer was kind of a pain in the rear end.

A question I have is does he say different poo poo if you kill him before NG++? Because in NG++ you've already killed Dolmayan so his chatter the whole time is about like "I am gonna avenge Father Dolmayan, the guy you killed, who also knew who you were btw" but in NG or NG+ you have not, in fact, killed Dolmayan yet.

He says something along the lines of "Finally found me?! Dolmayan was right to keep an eye on you."

Suggesting that he's been ordered to spy on you.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Crazy Achmed posted:

I'm hoping sales went well enough that they do an expansion where it's all brakes off in regard to weird part variety. Either that or a campaign from the point of view of an ac delivery guy who gets ambushed by a merc, has to fight him off and survive a long trek to deliver the core on foot followed by fighting their way through the arena in a quest for vengeance.

it's at around 1-1.2 million owners on steam and sold around 200k physical copies on the PS4/PS5 in Japan in 10 days so I think it's easily From's second best selling game after Elden Ring. it's not making GBS threads out money anywhere close to the same degree but I don't think that they expected it to

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Give me a Powerwash Sim crossover with constant texts from Rusty.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Bussamove posted:

Give me a Powerwash Sim crossover with constant texts from Rusty.

Powerwash an AC from top to bottom. It's the only explanation for how it gets so spotless between sorties.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

They should have a Walter Mode that’s like Football Manager except youre hiring mercs and cashing cheques

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

WarpedLichen posted:

Starting chapter 3 and I feel like there aren't enough parts in this game. I think I would prefer it if early game parts started to get replaced for late game parts at the cost of almost every part being viable. As it is if I'm focused on being fast, it feels like options don't really expand, I just keep getting heavier and heavier gear.

Tuning is kinda neat as side progression but I just want some really whacky strong booster so I can use my cool new weapons while being at 350+ boost speed.

Just give it time. You'll get some more stuff. The thing with parts and weapons is that even early game stuff is still viable in late game.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Finally beat my first playthrough and got the Liberator of Rubicon ending.

Now to see what NG+ is all about!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I am now 621, Lobotomite mercenary hound, my ammunition debt thirst shall not be quenched.

gently caress this game is so good.

Dumb story: I pissmoaned for YEARS at my friends about radio silence on another AC and how I was close to just buying a Vita again to play 4A. Now that it's out, I feel fully righteous for getting a few of them to look into it, as well as keeping the hope alive with the ones that used to play but mostly forgot.

I know I said it before, but outside of the few games I played as a young kid, only monhun and AC come anywhere near that excitement and the amount of hours I can replay with no regrets. Elden Ring is close, don't get me wrong, but the power fantasy and world in this is what I always wanted as a sci-fi poisoned youth lol.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

man did I not make the connection between these two lines in the arena descriptions on my first play through

quote:

Middle Flatwell

For a time, Flatwell worked as a spy within the extraplanetary corporations, and has sway over a rather significant contact in Schneider's HR department.

quote:

V.IV Rusty

Discovered through the recruitment program operated by Schneider, an Arquebus affiliate, Rusty so quickly distinguished himself that he was selected to join the upper echelons of Vespers in less than half a year.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

man that NG+ mission in ch3 Defend the Dam with 2 high level ACs and then the real raven shows up part way through the fight is no joke. Had been cruising with my build for all of NG+ till now and it's first fight to make me pause and wonder if I need to change it up. Such a DPS race.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Harry Lime posted:

man that NG+ mission in ch3 Defend the Dam with 2 high level ACs and then the real raven shows up part way through the fight is no joke. Had been cruising with my build for all of NG+ till now and it's first fight to make me pause and wonder if I need to change it up. Such a DPS race.

gently caress that fight was such a rush, at that point going "oh poo poo a third and it's loving Raven" was a hell of a thing.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I've heard all the praise of laser handguns, so I decided to try it myself. They do rock pretty hard. I made a zippy 350+ speed AC with the highest energy weapon spec gen i can get so far (which is only 128, so that's... 14% damage increase?). Sure, I've got like 9.5k AP, but I zoom around just spewing lasers everywhere. It's great. I have enough load that I could use the basic laser rifles instead if I wanted, but that's more of a range option. Using either laser orbits or drones, depending on my mood, to try and maximize on my generator's damage buff while maintaining mobility.

I just got into NG+, roughly how much further until the 150 energy spec generator appears?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

just cleared all the arena missions

laser lance makes melee so fun

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/armoredcore/status/1701054251999621531

absolutely hosed up to raise my hopes and then immediately dash them in the next sentence

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
How do the laser pistols compare to the Schneider laser shotguns because I love using them and just blapping things directly in the face from close range

I think the dang Moonlight has better range than the shotguns but I don't give a poo poo there's something so satisfying about using those guys, they look like what a sci fi future laser shotgun should look like.

I have never used them charged lmao

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The charge is sick

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

IthilionTheBrave posted:

I've heard all the praise of laser handguns, so I decided to try it myself. They do rock pretty hard. I made a zippy 350+ speed AC with the highest energy weapon spec gen i can get so far (which is only 128, so that's... 14% damage increase?). Sure, I've got like 9.5k AP, but I zoom around just spewing lasers everywhere. It's great. I have enough load that I could use the basic laser rifles instead if I wanted, but that's more of a range option. Using either laser orbits or drones, depending on my mood, to try and maximize on my generator's damage buff while maintaining mobility.

I just got into NG+, roughly how much further until the 150 energy spec generator appears?

Missiles, orbits, and drones don't benefit from the generator. In the shoulder category only the energy cannon types benefit.

Edit: That said, double orbit + double rifle/pistol works like a charm of overwhelming laser fire, and the generator working for two hand weapons can still be worth it.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 11, 2023

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Harry Lime posted:

that fight was just 3 consecutive 1v1's for me thanks to the laser lance pilebunker combo

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013

War Wizard posted:

Missiles, orbits, and drones don't benefit from the generator. In the shoulder category only the energy cannon types benefit.

That makes me sad.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

it's at around 1-1.2 million owners on steam and sold around 200k physical copies on the PS4/PS5 in Japan in 10 days so I think it's easily From's second best selling game after Elden Ring. it's not making GBS threads out money anywhere close to the same degree but I don't think that they expected it to

Right now it's the fourth best selling Armored Core game in Japan at 193K, not counting any digital copies (including PC players). It made number 1 in the UK on its debut week, and managed to briefly hit number 1 on Steam with the second highest player count of any From game. I'm pretty sure it isn't the second best selling yet (Dark Souls 3 is over 10 million, for example) and the dropoff seems a bit steep to get there any time soon, but it seems like we've got the best selling game in the series already, and barring things going real bad real fast, it's going to have the best Japanese sales even excluding the PC. (Sony really screwed the pooch with the PS5 in Japan. Otherwise, I think we'd see much higher numbers.)

Actually, ACV's interesting, because it sold great week 1, but then came to a bit of a dead stop, which went on to hurt Verdict Day. So far, 6 is doing much better at keeping attention.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

What's the usecase for these Aurora shoulder weapons I found in chapter 4?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

chiasaur11 posted:

Right now it's the fourth best selling Armored Core game in Japan at 193K, not counting any digital copies (including PC players). It made number 1 in the UK on its debut week, and managed to briefly hit number 1 on Steam with the second highest player count of any From game. I'm pretty sure it isn't the second best selling yet (Dark Souls 3 is over 10 million, for example) and the dropoff seems a bit steep to get there any time soon, but it seems like we've got the best selling game in the series already, and barring things going real bad real fast, it's going to have the best Japanese sales even excluding the PC. (Sony really screwed the pooch with the PS5 in Japan. Otherwise, I think we'd see much higher numbers.)

Actually, ACV's interesting, because it sold great week 1, but then came to a bit of a dead stop, which went on to hurt Verdict Day. So far, 6 is doing much better at keeping attention.

i mean their second best selling game in this time frame

Ibblebibble posted:

What's the usecase for these Aurora shoulder weapons I found in chapter 4?

unlocking the achievement for owning every weapon

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

unlocking the achievement for owning every weapon

And putting on a light show to celebrate :toot:

Actually maybe it works like pest threads? Ripping up huge enemies. Try testing it on the STRIDER eye?

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

that fight was just 3 consecutive 1v1's for me thanks to the laser lance pilebunker combo

With the songbirds if you start on the right-hand one you can splatter them on the rocks nearly immediately, take out the second soon after, and Raven's handler will have dialogue for already mercing both AC'S.