Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh sure now the Rams want to beat the hawks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1700969002170814563?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Falcons are 1-0 for the first time since 2017.

Lions and Falcons are "1-0 for the first time since 2017" buddies. :toot:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Tonight is a little lesson in regression to the mean.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

So I've been watching the game for 10 minutes and I think I've seen Daniel Jones get sacked 3 times

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sharknado slashfic posted:

So I've been watching the game for 10 minutes and I think I've seen Daniel Jones get sacked 3 times

six so far

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Can't believe it's that few

Maybe 25% of snaps he finishes his drop without needing to immediately run for his life?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Danny LaFever posted:

Oh sure now the Rams want to beat the hawks

This might sound crazy, but I really wish the Hawks had won since we have to face them next week.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
This Giants game might be the worst I've ever seen an NFL team do in a game. ESPECIALLY on offense.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It’s less of a football game and more of a snuff film

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
WFAN is going to be incredible tomorrow….

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Pimpcasso posted:

Didn't see any of the Broncos, is Russ still fried bologna?

Fried bologna is good...so no

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

That might already be a season killer for the Giants

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thank you, New York Football Giants for reminding us of the true meaning of christmas

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Jesus Chirst I hope so

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Every fan of a team who lost earlier today is breathing a sigh of relief, because this game is going to be the talking point of the entire week.

Unless the Jets lose just as badly tomorrow

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/danny_heifetz/status/1701037099271467511?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Cowboys looked good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Giants fans and the Giants media sphere REALLY thought they were winning this game depite them getting shitkicked last year any time they played a decent team. That is really the best part of all of this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:thumbsup:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

the final total was 7 official but 2 more were called back due to penalties

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

:hmmyes: Hope is the great poison of the mind.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

hope rides alone

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mcmagic posted:

Giants fans and the Giants media sphere REALLY thought they were winning this game depite them getting shitkicked last year any time they played a decent team. That is really the best part of all of this.

maybe their insane overperformance from last year is finally gone and they're coming back to earth as a team with a bad o-line, no real receivers, and a glorified bruiser back as QB

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
woof

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

At halftime your head coach was already speaking as if the game was lost and that they just needed to focus on putting one good play together.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mr. Nice! posted:

At halftime your head coach was already speaking as if the game was lost and that they just needed to focus on putting one good play together.

Shame they couldn't even do that

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is a name you probably would rather not be connected to if you're an NFL QB.

https://twitter.com/KSeaboldt/status/1701079673969533258

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ouch

quote:

Per Next Gen Stats, Fields’ completion percentage over expectation was -7.2 percent against the Packers, the sixth-worst among the 28 quarterbacks who played before Sunday night.

The concern isn’t that Fields played poorly. It’s that Fields played poorly in the same exact ways we’ve seen him play poorly before. This wasn’t a case of wide receiver drops, miscommunication or an insurmountable scheme disadvantage. It wasn’t a fluke of any kind.

Fields was just the same kind of bad that we have tried to excuse and explain away for the past two seasons. At a certain point, this is who he is.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Michael Lombardi cracks open a cold one

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Did he bring a manikin to the game?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
On the flip side Tua threw for the 4th most yards of any QB on opening weekend. Marino’s #3 and Brady was #2. I forgot who was #1

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

This is a name you probably would rather not be connected to if you're an NFL QB.

https://twitter.com/KSeaboldt/status/1701079673969533258

yeah but Jug Girard is also on that list and I would love to be associated with a guy named Jug Girard for any reason

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kawalimus posted:

Listen I could have gone to see the flamingos. I chose to do this.

This has to become a thread title somewhere.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
So what happened to the Giants? Obviously they overperformed last year, but how do they go from winning a playoff game against the (admittedly fraudulent) Vikings to... that?

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
jones was a fraud

now the hole special team left on the FG attempt was just pure stupidity, dude had no one stopping him from running straight in

Giants would have lost if the cowboys just did fg attempts, reminder the kicker never played college ball but is still better then the kicker they had during the bucs playoff game :v:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Watching Tyreek Hill highlights from today and I don't know how anyone can guard him straight up. Was there any way for the Chuefs to keep him or was the cap situation that bad? Never seen anyone like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Oof. And you can't use the "he has no one to throw to" excuse anymore, he has DJ Moore now