Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If your tabletop art doesn’t look like this then foh

Battletech wishes its art was that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Battletech wishes its art was that good.

best we can do with the tech we have is run this photo of bill shatner through a xerox a dozen times and license mech designs from macross

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

heh i remembered how to walk across the room and normal throw ppl

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Runa posted:

best we can do with the tech we have is run this photo of bill shatner through a xerox a dozen times and license mech designs from macross

When I think of giant mecha fighting each other in the far distant future I always thing of tiny red budgie-smugglers.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

mycot posted:

I think Farg is referring to, like, personal table top rp campaigns where no one would have ever gotten paid and you probably would have brought a printed GIS picture of an anime character to the table if AI wasn't an option. This is arguably the only harmless use of AI content but the trad games AI thread posters are super annoying so they deserve scorn regardless.

yeah im talking like "uhhh they are meeting a village elder tonight....google search "pinterest village elder fantasy""

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

also i just met vlaakith and this is the second time i died for being sassy at a god

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Plant MONSTER. posted:

bob from burgers
Pfffft! Bwahahahah. Sometimes the simplest things are hilarious.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Farg posted:

yeah im talking like "uhhh they are meeting a village elder tonight....google search "pinterest village elder fantasy""
I mean as long as you aren't paying for the ai subscription. If you're gonna pay you can sub to one of any number of patreons that just make rpg tokens every month and give patreons access to their backlog.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Terrible Opinions posted:

I mean as long as you aren't paying for the ai subscription. If you're gonna pay you can sub to one of any number of patreons that just make rpg tokens every month and give patreons access to their backlog.

in what world am I paying for anything at all ever

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I'm of the mind when it comes to playing private games then there's no real difference between grabbing pictures off Google or AI generating them. They're both being taken without attribution and there's no money going to an artist, but you're not making any money off it either so whatever. In retrospect I feel like there was some fundamental disconnect going on where people didn't see the AI as "theft" because people get caught up in the "The AI is learning like the human brain. It's like teaching art students to copy the styles of the masters!" spiel that I just don't buy into at all.

Someone also compared AI art to modern art installations and :psyduck:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

Someone also compared AI art to modern art installations and :psyduck:

they're right

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I finished assembling my brawler character's model and he went on that night to land a critical hit on a monster called the Giga Lion and punched its jaw clean off its face

He will get a cleanup and paint job next week

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Where did he buy that vest with the bone hands that cup his boobs

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Where did he buy that vest with the bone hands that cup his boobs

At the Catarium.

That's the name of the shop you get it at

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

This is KD:M we're talking about, those hands were almost certainly ripped off a creature that absolutely should not have human hands

e: oh that's less exciting

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tarnop posted:

This is KD:M we're talking about, those hands were almost certainly ripped off a creature that absolutely should not have human hands

e: oh that's less exciting

Well it is a lion skin cloak so it was actually that

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Oh right this is the series with the freaking phoenix cloaca made of human hands.

I bet they golf clap when they're pleased

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

yeah, they both suck rear end

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's so hosed up how the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh died trying to save someone from drowning like a year ago.

you know that tv show yu-gi-oh about that guy who coulda save that other guy from drowning but didn't then yugi saw it all and at a tournament he found him, that's kinda how this is, you coulda rescued me from drowning, now it's too late, i'm on a thousand downers now, i'm drowsy, and all i wanted was a lousy letter or a call, i hope you know i ripped all of your pictures off the wall, i loved you, ibram, we coulda been together, think about it, you ruined it now, i hope you can't sleep and you dream about it and when you dream i hope you can't sleep and you scream about it, i hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

world of darkness players are racist perverts

i don't even need to ask if you're jealous

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

anyway later nerds i'm off to play a tabletop session as my brujah sheriff, N-Word LaChance

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
AI art being used by corpos to slash spending on real artists is fail and AIDS.

Being used by individuals or local ttrpg groups is fine, but no one gives a poo poo about it beyond the person who made it, so there's no reason to share it. It's fine in it's own thread, but shouldn't be allowed outside of it just because how easy it is to churn out 1000 copies of the same drek, and overwhelm threads.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Quote is not edit.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I peeked into the TG AI thread to see if it was as bad as it sounded and there was a post with about 50 AI generated portraits in it that got full quoted 4 times by people just saying "those look great!"

If I've been a bad enough person my eternal damnation will involve manually scrolling past those posts forever

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

very risky blowjob posted:

anyway later nerds i'm off to play a tabletop session as my brujah sheriff, N-Word LaChance

it’s pronounced la SHAN-say, you peasants!

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Tarnop posted:

I peeked into the TG AI thread to see if it was as bad as it sounded and there was a post with about 50 AI generated portraits in it that got full quoted 4 times by people just saying "those look great!"

If I've been a bad enough person my eternal damnation will involve manually scrolling past those posts forever

The third post in the first TG AI thread is Rutibex doing a dump of a ChatGPT log where he asks it to make up DnD spells/artifacts.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

hell is a closed network with just the politics posters with the ai posters.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

For all I know there's a direct copy paste of the minecraft fairy torture guy's seminal work smack in the middle there, because I scroll right by it.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

NoiseAnnoys posted:

hell is a closed network with just the politics posters with the ai posters.

The overlap is significant

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
ai caramba, that thread stinks!!!

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

very risky blowjob posted:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

your OC has helped me realize raylan givens is essentially johnny five aces

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

That's one hell of a hat

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
His right hand is... Doing something unnatural.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

UwUnabomber posted:

His right hand is... Doing something unnatural.

no poo poo dude he's a vampire

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

dude got a ninja turtle hand

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thats his strong hand

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

the entire prompt into the ai thing was "black male vampire sheriff"

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010