Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
drat it, I'll have to hunt that down to go with the TRex and Tour Truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

PowerBeard posted:

drat it, I'll have to hunt that down to go with the TRex and Tour Truck.

It’s an Amazon exclusive

Also I’m trying to decide whether to call Nedrybot Databank, Password, or System Crash. What do y’all think?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I've got that JP set on the wishlist. I am hoping to get it for less than 75. I drive a Jeep, so I do like to buy Jeepbots.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

I've got that JP set on the wishlist. I am hoping to get it for less than 75. I drive a Jeep, so I do like to buy Jeepbots.

https://youtu.be/vQFz9BM3V2E?si=eZXl1sD4jzO5CblO

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Nodosaur posted:

It’s an Amazon exclusive

Also I’m trying to decide whether to call Nedrybot Databank, Password, or System Crash. What do y’all think?
How about "Skiddie"?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nodosaur posted:

It’s an Amazon exclusive

Barbasol. Or maybe, Close Shave, if you want to give him a personality or history where he barely escapes danger on the regular.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 11, 2023

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Yes! The animated one? I have that too! It was such a good deal. Both movies, plus a figure for just over what one of the movies cost by itself, it was insanely good value.

drat, I don’t remember them doing that at all and that was like my prime Best Buy addiction days

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nodosaur posted:

It’s an Amazon exclusive

Nerdy

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Barbasol. Or maybe, Close Shave, if you want to give him a personality or history where he barely escapes danger on the regular.

Arquinsiel posted:

How about "Skiddie"?

Guys, I appreciate the suggestions, but I legitimately just want help deciding between the three I already came up with.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What is the best pin punch thing to remove and put pins back? I want to chrome out Kickback's wings with my chrome pen.

I broke down and ordered Shrapnel off of Amazon.jp, it was only like 3 bucks more than American retail.
For most pins I use a 1/16” punch.

Edit: looking at Kickback I'm not sure what the best way would be to get the wings off. It looks like the wings are sandwiched between the shoulders and body, so you'd need to split the body apart and then get the arms out. If you only want to try by taking the arms off, I would use a soldering iron to apply heat to the large pin head on the back of his shoulder, then use the 1/16 punch from the front to knock it out.

DrChu fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 11, 2023

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

It’s an Amazon exclusive

I'd say Databank

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yeah, I'd go with Databank. The other two imply a level of skill that Nedry doesn't really have, and Databank feels passive, yet exploitable.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

The_Doctor posted:

Yes! The animated one? I have that too! It was such a good deal. Both movies, plus a figure for just over what one of the movies cost by itself, it was insanely good value.

Yup! That's the one. It'd be perfect if it could support its own weight on those tiny legs without the stand.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

sickos_yes.jpg

Now I just need a Buzzsaw

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The more I play with Dilophocon the more I like him. He really feels like a lost member of Magmatron’s crew from BW Neo.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I finally got the first Studio Series WFC figure I could actually find over here: Gamer Megatron

He’s genuinely pretty rad, with the huge mace, the overall design, and i really like the transformation, with how the arms fill in the bottom of the tank and become the turret, and then the legs unfold and become the sides of the tank. It’s really good! The only problems are the back of his knees with the odd tab that’s pointing down that prevents him from actually getting a good knee bend (though I can at least clip that off so whatever), and then his head seems just, slightly too small to me? Like, it’s probably the best size they could do for the figure like this, especially in trying to keep the scale, but I feel like if it was at least just a smidge larger, it would have been perfect.

I still really enjoy it though, and I kinda wish I could actually find the rest of those WFC figures anywhere around here (or hell, any of the RotB studio series figures). Bumblebee/Cliffjumper and Barricade I could take or leave, but I really would have liked Gamer Optimus.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

DrChu posted:

For most pins I use a 1/16” punch.

Edit: looking at Kickback I'm not sure what the best way would be to get the wings off. It looks like the wings are sandwiched between the shoulders and body, so you'd need to split the body apart and then get the arms out. If you only want to try by taking the arms off, I would use a soldering iron to apply heat to the large pin head on the back of his shoulder, then use the 1/16 punch from the front to knock it out.

Maybe I need to look at it him again when I get home but it looked like if I knocked the pins out I could just slide the wings off, they’re held in place on that cylinder of his arm because of the pin holding his arm in place. Pop that off and it looks like it’ll come off

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Nodosaur posted:

It’s an Amazon exclusive

Newman

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think you mean Newbot

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Nedry 'No1curr' Bot

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
OpSec.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

never forget, till all are one, etc.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

very risky blowjob posted:

Holy poo poo :lmao:

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

in retrospect i should have gone into photoshop and desaturated/darkened Tower 1 but it's too late now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

:stonklol:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I counted all the votes I got from various places and he’s Databank.

Look forward to a bio soon.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mind if I slip into something more comfortable?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Watch prime start a war

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

(peter cullen voice) Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Decepticon regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal combiners ever devised. This regime has already used weapons of mass combination against Trypticon's neighbors and against Trypticon's people.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Time to invade Carbombya

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

dinobots in there making blackwater look like saints

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

unrelated actual question: does anyone have a good recommendation for figure stands for POTP/CW/UW combiners? my POTP abominus is really not a fan of, how you say, standing up under his own power.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Time to invade Carbombya

:perfect:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Y’all are going to hell.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Nodosaur posted:

Y’all are going to hell.

hi, that's not a helpful answer to my figure stand question. thank you.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Maybe I need to look at it him again when I get home but it looked like if I knocked the pins out I could just slide the wings off, they’re held in place on that cylinder of his arm because of the pin holding his arm in place. Pop that off and it looks like it’ll come off

It’s possible, but I figure it’s the side connecting to the body holding them on because there’s no extra movement to them when the arms are outstretched.

If you do try make sure to heat up the pin first, these all take an excessive amount of force to get out otherwise, and you may end up bending the punch since it’s so thin.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Thew is co-hosting PulseCon next week with Dan from Toy Galaxy! They’re flying him out to Massachusetts and everything!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/status/1701306584649830858

Yay for Thew and Dan too :3:

EDIT: drat I got beat by seconds there lol

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Thew did a pretty great job last time, glad he's coming back for another round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’m not a big Dinobot guy (although the Age of Extinction ones were cool) but I finally caved and bought my first old-school-styled Dinobot: Legacy G2 Grimlock.

His eye-searing colors are so stupid that I just had to have him. :kiddo: