Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Inner Light posted:

The hard truth of it is that the forums have a fairly skewed income curve compared to the general population of USA. When income goes up certain things are correlated or elastic to that, housing expenses tend to go up and people tend to move further from city centers, that’s part of it anyway IMHO.

In what way? Outside the homeownership threads it’s mostly renters and the occasional person talking about how everyone should be forced to live in dense megablocks.

I’ve had more than my fill of cities. I had anxiety about living on well and septic but I’m pretty comfortable with it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

kreeningsons posted:

Yes there is likely a causal relationship but are the mushrooms causing your trees to die, or is it your trees dying that is causing the mushrooms to fruit? I'm no expert but lots of mushrooms fruit after trees die, but don't cause their deaths, like morels are known to fruit around recently dead tulip poplars. Generally speaking, one theory is that the mushrooms have a symbiotic relationship with the trees through their roots/mycellium, and that after the trees die the mushrooms have to fruit to release spores and reproduce before they die.

Well the cypresses are in a row and these are at the far end from the dead trees. I am not sure about the causality. But the ones I'm showing you are at the base of the still living trees and I'm seeing some signs of poor health on the whole row, so I'm wondering if it's still a good time to do something. No other symptoms I've been able to figure out. But the ones that died last summer died pretty quickly.

The only thing I'm seeing so far is some kind of copper solution, just a generic antifungal and I'm hearing you have to use it in the early spring. My wife wants me to destroy the mushrooms and I've argued that they are just the flower on a massive plant and destroying the flower won't do that much.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

road potato posted:

Any quick diagnostics for this? How worried should I be/how urgently should I flip the breaker switch to off so my house doesn't burn down?

This is what cheap LED fixtures do. That is the absolutely cheapest box box store light in the cheapest style available that passes the "is there a light in here?" test.

It's fine. If it does anything it will just stop turning on. Or strobing all the time.

Replace it at your leisure. Or don't.

Tiny Timbs posted:

In what way? Outside the homeownership threads it’s mostly renters and the occasional person talking about how everyone should be forced to live in dense megablocks.

I would say more like "outside of BFC" (and some AI threads).

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That's the Monarch's house. It has a supervillain lair under it.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Tiny Timbs posted:

I’ve had more than my fill of cities. I had anxiety about living on well and septic but I’m pretty comfortable with it now.

It’s just something I’ve noticed when people mention where they live or move to. Sometimes it’s cities, but if people have the income to support a McMansion in the exurbs 50 or 75mi from a city center, that’s often what they choose. And they are often septic vs. sewer. Not a rule or well considered theory or anything.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Inner Light posted:

It’s just something I’ve noticed when people mention where they live or move to. Sometimes it’s cities, but if people have the income to support a McMansion in the exurbs 50 or 75mi from a city center, that’s often what they choose. And they are often septic vs. sewer. Not a rule or well considered theory or anything.
Just about anybody who's building a house winds up with a septic tank, because unbuilt land near a sewer system is increasingly rare.

road potato
Dec 19, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

What kind of bulb is it? I ask because I wonder if it's a problem with the LED bulb they used or if it's something with the electrics in the home. You can swap in a normal bulb if you can find one and see if the problem remains.

Motronic posted:

This is what cheap LED fixtures do. That is the absolutely cheapest box box store light in the cheapest style available that passes the "is there a light in here?" test.

It's fine. If it does anything it will just stop turning on. Or strobing all the time.

Good to know. That lines up with the other recent upgrades, we'll swap it out... when there's time.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Worth remembering that a microwave is one hell of a load, and triply so when you first start it up. Even a high-end LED would dim noticeably if it shared the circuit, and a cheap one won't play nearly as nice.

Also quick question: I'm going to replace the receptacles thought out the house. is there a good, reliable, online source for receptacles or am I best off going to Lowe's or the local electrical supply place and picking up a bunch there? Looking at around 35 receptacles and faceplates.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

Also quick question: I'm going to replace the receptacles thought out the house. is there a good, reliable, online source for receptacles or am I best off going to Lowe's or the local electrical supply place and picking up a bunch there? Looking at around 35 receptacles and faceplates.

Local electrical supply would be my first choice, but there are nice (Levitton, etc) contractor packs available at the big box stores. There are also TERRIBLE quality contractors packs there as well, so beware.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Motronic posted:

Local electrical supply would be my first choice, but there are nice (Levitton, etc) contractor packs available at the big box stores. There are also TERRIBLE quality contractors packs there as well, so beware.

Seconding your local electrical supplier. Big box stores usually have 10 packs though. Keep in mind all of the outlet restrictions you'll have, like TR outlets everywhere, GFCIs where necessary, WR outside, etc.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I'm one of those weird people who thinks TR and such is a plus, especially with a 3 year old running around. I've never had much trouble getting plugs into them, maybe because I haven't had to deal with the cheap ones.

I'm a big fan of Eaton's back-clamp design, so I was thinking about using these throughout the house.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Bad TR outlets make me want to stick a screwdriver in there and break them. 💩

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

a dingus posted:

Bad TR outlets make me want to stick a screwdriver in there and break them. 💩

Is this why some outlets are so hard to use? I had no idea these existed :psyduck:

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

petit choux posted:

Well the cypresses are in a row and these are at the far end from the dead trees. I am not sure about the causality. But the ones I'm showing you are at the base of the still living trees and I'm seeing some signs of poor health on the whole row, so I'm wondering if it's still a good time to do something. No other symptoms I've been able to figure out. But the ones that died last summer died pretty quickly.

The only thing I'm seeing so far is some kind of copper solution, just a generic antifungal and I'm hearing you have to use it in the early spring. My wife wants me to destroy the mushrooms and I've argued that they are just the flower on a massive plant and destroying the flower won't do that much.
Are they Leyland cypress? I’m assuming so since you said there’s a row of them. They are not very long lived and prone to suddenly dying for a myriad of reasons. It’s very possible and indeed indeed even likely that there is no relationship to your fungi. How old are the cypresses? What was there before? You said the mushrooms were only at one end-did there used to be a tree or something there? Even 7 years after I took down a big water oak, I still have a lot of mushrooms where it used to be as they are slowly eating it’s roots.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Yep. I have some leviton ones with USB c ports that are so good you really don't even notice but the cheap ones my electrician installed in the garage are infuriating.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The only issue I have ever had with a TR outlet was plugging in a cheap WHARRGARBL-brand extension cord from Amazon which had a hot blade slightly but noticeably longer than the neutral.

Everything else has been fine, but I'm sure the cheapest builder-grade outlets are lovely.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Are they Leyland cypress? I’m assuming so since you said there’s a row of them. They are not very long lived and prone to suddenly dying for a myriad of reasons. It’s very possible and indeed indeed even likely that there is no relationship to your fungi. How old are the cypresses? What was there before? You said the mushrooms were only at one end-did there used to be a tree or something there? Even 7 years after I took down a big water oak, I still have a lot of mushrooms where it used to be as they are slowly eating it’s roots.

And thank you, you may well have it here. And this house is about 100 years old and those cypresses don't look very young so I imagine there hasn't been any other tree there for years. I may replace them with poplars, which also don't live very long but they grow fast as hell.

BTW, I'm sure this house would be a nightmare for a lot of you folks, the wiring and the plumbing both leave a lot to be desired. I believe I posted many weeks ago about replacing the fan motor in my AC heat exchange (under my BIL's supervision, he's a HVAC guy) I finally finished it last night and started 'er up, now the whole house is cool for the first time in weeks. (My wife is kinda handicapped since she recovered from cancer, doesn't like coming down stairs and so we mostly just use the upstairs with a couple window ACs and let the downstairs stay warm.) I'm sure after the initial thrill of a cool house wears off we'll probably let it get warm again.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 10, 2023

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

petit choux posted:

I may replace them with poplars, which also don't live very long but they grow fast as hell.

Don't do this. Poplars are absolute garbage landscape trees.

There is not a single time of the year where they aren't dropping some kind of garbage below and around them, whether it's the expected and reasonable flowers and leaves to "Leaves? Now? Why?", sharp needles in the early summer for tulip poplars, and all year around random branches of varying sizes.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

If you're willing to consider a tall hedge rather than trees, there are some excellent fast-growing varieties. Hawthorn and philadelphus are no-prune; C. sasanqua can be grown unpruned. Most of these, unpruned, grow at least 8 feet, some to 12 feet. You wind up with tall wide shrubs, nothing that you have to prune to keep in shape.

Skip sasanquas, they're disease-prone. If you're in the South (7-9), consider a fast-growing Camellia sasanqua variety. C. sasanqua has handsome evergreen foliage and beautiful flowers and grows to 8-10 feet. https://www.almostedenplants.com/shopping/products/c171-sasanqua-camellias-by-flower-color/ The "Winter series" cultivars (actually hybrids) go as far north as zone 6. ‘Polar Ice’, ‘Snow Flurry’, ‘Winter's Hope’, ‘Winter's Rose’,‘Winter's Star’, and ‘Winter's Charm’, PDF from breeder here. https://www.usna.usda.gov/assets/images/as_pdf_image/Camellia_hybrids.pdf

Zones 3-7: for a border only, consider Hawthorn. Native plant (multiple varieties), gorgeous spring blooms, wildlife habitat year-round and food for much of that period. Thorny as hell, which is why I say border only. One interesting variety is C. viridis; https://www.gardenia.net/plant/crataegus-viridis-winter-king Search gardenia.net for "hawthorn".

Zones 4-7: Philadelphus (also known as mock orange). Amazingly sweet-smelling blossoms in summer, grows 2 feet per year. Many varieties; go to gardenia.net and search "philadelphus". An East coast native is P. pubescens. The West Coast variety https://www.gardenia.net/plant/philadelphus-pubescens P. Lewesii is https://www.gardenia.net/plant/philadelphus-lewisii is hardy zones 1-24 (24?!?!?)

If this idea interests you, I can find more for whatever your zone is.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 10, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kylaer posted:

Is this why some outlets are so hard to use? I had no idea these existed :psyduck:

Try angling the plug slightly towards the neutral side when you press it into the outlet. We had a couple that needing "breaking in" but now they're fine. Neutral is the largest prong, top left if you have ground (the circle) on the bottom. Otherwise sometimes you just gotta want it and then the outlet works fine.

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm one of those weird people who thinks TR and such is a plus, especially with a 3 year old running around.

We rewired our house when our oldest was 6 months old. Knowing that every outlet was baby proof when empty was such a great feeling compared to trying to keep a thousand little plastic covers on them. We put in-use covers and power strip covers on everything even remotely accessible to them, what a pain in the butt. I wish power strips had the same TR requirement, but then they might cost more than 2/$7. Basically all receptacles should have it.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If you're willing to consider a tall hedge rather than trees, there are some excellent fast-growing varieties. Hawthorn and philadelphus are no-prune; C. sasanqua can be grown unpruned. Most of these, unpruned, grow at least 8 feet, some to 12 feet. You wind up with tall wide shrubs, nothing that you have to prune to keep in shape.

Skip sasanquas, they're disease-prone. If you're in the South (7-9), consider a fast-growing Camellia sasanqua variety. C. sasanqua has handsome evergreen foliage and beautiful flowers and grows to 8-10 feet. https://www.almostedenplants.com/shopping/products/c171-sasanqua-camellias-by-flower-color/ The "Winter series" cultivars (actually hybrids) go as far north as zone 6. ‘Polar Ice’, ‘Snow Flurry’, ‘Winter's Hope’, ‘Winter's Rose’,‘Winter's Star’, and ‘Winter's Charm’, PDF from breeder here. https://www.usna.usda.gov/assets/images/as_pdf_image/Camellia_hybrids.pdf

Zones 3-7: for a border only, consider Hawthorn. Native plant (multiple varieties), gorgeous spring blooms, wildlife habitat year-round and food for much of that period. Thorny as hell, which is why I say border only. One interesting variety is C. viridis; https://www.gardenia.net/plant/crataegus-viridis-winter-king Search gardenia.net for "hawthorn".

Zones 4-7: Philadelphus (also known as mock orange). Amazingly sweet-smelling blossoms in summer, grows 2 feet per year. Many varieties; go to gardenia.net and search "philadelphus". An East coast native is P. pubescens. The West Coast variety https://www.gardenia.net/plant/philadelphus-pubescens P. Lewesii is https://www.gardenia.net/plant/philadelphus-lewisii is hardy zones 1-24 (24?!?!?)

If this idea interests you, I can find more for whatever your zone is.

Super cool. BTW, I am in a very interesting zone, the Delmarva peninsula is a mix of temperate and cooler. Now, most hawthorns have massive thorns, I imagine you aren't pointing me toward those. For the immediate present I am going to make a large old-fashioned composting bin from old freight pallets and put it where the dead trees are. I will probably replace the cypresses as they go, if they do.

Motronic posted:

Don't do this. Poplars are absolute garbage landscape trees.

There is not a single time of the year where they aren't dropping some kind of garbage below and around them, whether it's the expected and reasonable flowers and leaves to "Leaves? Now? Why?", sharp needles in the early summer for tulip poplars, and all year around random branches of varying sizes.

Yeah, but a row of them is still pretty. I remember how it was last time I did this though, and definitely, they drop a lot of crap and a lot of small branches die. I may not revisit the poplar idea. Depending on how "poplar" it is with the wife.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Lol my neighbor picked a tulip polar off the town tree sale list as one of the trees I’m buying him. Not my yard, not my problem!

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

devmd01 posted:

Lol my neighbor picked a tulip polar off the town tree sale list as one of the trees I’m buying him. Not my yard, not my problem!

I like tulip poplars :(

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

petit choux posted:

I may replace them with poplars, which also don't live very long but they grow fast as hell.

Don't do this. Poplars are awful unless you live on a farm and need a wind break.

This is coming from someone who just spent tens of thousands to have two 130' Lombardy poplars removed. They grow super fast, shed leaves and sticks all year, get diseased easily, and break large branches off in wind. The wood is also useless as it's super light, brittle, and burns too fast. Literally like all the worst qualities for a tree. It's more of a woody weed than a tree. They'll get so large that they're unmanageable in just a few years. 6' of growth in a year. According to my neighbor, these trees were topped at 15' two owners ago, about 15-20 years ago. There's a young one in my neighbors yard that is about 30' already. It was maybe 10-12' when we moved in 2 years ago.

Verman fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 10, 2023

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

petit choux posted:

Super cool. BTW, I am in a very interesting zone, the Delmarva peninsula is a mix of temperate and cooler. Now, most hawthorns have massive thorns, I imagine you aren't pointing me toward those.
No, actually, I was, which is why I said "borders only". You need a lilac bush. Everybody needs a lilac bush.

devmd01 posted:

Tulip poplars aren't poplars! They're actually magnolias. This is why I usually try to give genus/species names as well as common. Liriodendron tulipifera, can live 500 years

All poplars are Populus [something].

e: I did the Googling, so you're stuck with me. Poplars are in the willow family, Salicaceae. Tulip poplars are in the magnolia family, Magnoliaceae.

ee: A thing that I think is funny: both apples and roses are in the rose family. In fact, nearly all stone fruits (plum, cherry, apricot, ...) are also in the Rose family. It's a big ol' family.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 10, 2023

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I love tulip poplars. Coppiced one about 12-years ago from a mature tree that we had to cut down because it rotted down the middle due to improper pruning...in 1982. It's about 40' now and starting to hang branches over my patio like the previous tree. It drops pistils & blooms & the occasional leaf. If this is a 'dirty' tree, I'll take it over a black walnut, johnny smoker (northern catalpa) or a sweetgum any day.

Just planted another adjacent to the century-old ash (last of three that were here when we bought the house in 1992) in anticipation of either borers or disease taking it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

That story is great. Glad you were able to save the tree.

I do love tulip trees, in and out of bloom. They have such a graceful shape.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

I love tulip poplars. Coppiced one about 12-years ago from a mature tree that we had to cut down because it rotted down the middle due to improper pruning...in 1982. It's about 40' now and starting to hang branches over my patio like the previous tree. It drops pistils & blooms & the occasional leaf. If this is a 'dirty' tree, I'll take it over a black walnut, johnny smoker (northern catalpa) or a sweetgum any day.

Just planted another adjacent to the century-old ash (last of three that were here when we bought the house in 1992) in anticipation of either borers or disease taking it.

Yeah my yard has multiple mature sweetgums in it, kind of a pain in the rear end.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Mostly in the foot. Ouch.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just cleaned my gutters out. Ten times this year so far goddamnit. It's not even fall! I gotta either get some sort of gutter guards, cut down all the trees (I can't)... or just move. Leaning towards just moving

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

You forgot “remove the gutters”

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That, or these foam gutter guards: https://www.homedepot.com/p/GutterFoam-5-in-x-48-in-K-Style-Foam-Gutter-Filter-GF100040-S/203318223

I installed these about 12-years ago and they've been great - easy to install, and nothing gets past them into the gutters.

BUT

During a really hard rain, heavy water-shed can go right over it. Leaves will sit on it here & there, and while they eventually get swept off, they can at times create a surface overflow if they get 'stuck' during rain.

The problem mine have developed in the past couple years: Moss is growing in the pores, and overgrowing areas, affecting the porosity here & there. I have manually ripped what I can off, but am wondering if there's something I can spray on it to kill it.

Still a better experience than mesh guards.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Yeah I would say there's no perfect gutter guard solution for everybody. It all depends on what you're getting in your gutters as each system performs better for certain types of debris. The ez-on brand steel mesh at Costco are working great for me with pine needles and leaves. Some of the needles stick into but don't go through the guards. The gutters themselves are still clean and clear after 2 years. I go up and sweep them off, and give them a rinse with the hose once per year and that's about it.

I'm surrounded by pine trees and poplars, but the poplar are gone now so it should be even better.

I think with any system, you're reducing the flow of things into the gutters so whatever you choose, a super heavy rain will likely spill over depending on the slope of your roof and how much debris is up there.

The few days it took me to install mine were worth it. My gutters would need cleaning every month from spring to autumn, probably every week in the autumn.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That story is great. Glad you were able to save the tree.

I do love tulip trees, in and out of bloom. They have such a graceful shape.

I like alder trees and have decided to replace some pine trees on my property with those because they grow fast and don't grow tall so they will not throw too much shade with age or get dangerously tall. Black alder and Grey alder both are nice looking trees. Think they don't exist in america at all.

In that same vein Rowan trees don't grow big and often remain more like bushes. But properly taken care of become a pretty decent tree that is not too tall.Great material for tool handles and one of the better firewoods too. Possibly the the wood with highest energy content that natively grows here.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

What ARE the diy things we should be doing for septic maintenance as the homeowner? (Ie: not trying to be a diy Honey Truck)

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

toplitzin posted:

What ARE the diy things we should be doing for septic maintenance as the homeowner? (Ie: not trying to be a diy Honey Truck)

Cultivate an apocalyptic religion which considers putting anything other than water, soap, bodily waste, and toilet paper into the drains to be the ultimate sin.

Every successful plunging requires that an effigy of the Wipe Demon be cast into a fiery trash bin to ensure the blessings of the plumbing gods.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

road potato posted:

Any quick diagnostics for this? How worried should I be/how urgently should I flip the breaker switch to off so my house doesn't burn down?

Each flicker on this is when I push the start button on our microwave
https://i.imgur.com/rAemM57.mp4

Motronic posted:

Yeah, some (many) LEDs are super cheap and sensitive.

Out of curiosity, how old is the home? Does it have aluminum wiring by chance?

slidebite fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 11, 2023

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Verman posted:

Yeah I would say there's no perfect gutter guard solution for everybody. It all depends on what you're getting in your gutters as each system performs better for certain types of debris. The ez-on brand steel mesh at Costco are working great for me with pine needles and leaves. Some of the needles stick into but don't go through the guards. The gutters themselves are still clean and clear after 2 years. I go up and sweep them off, and give them a rinse with the hose once per year and that's about it.

I'm surrounded by pine trees and poplars, but the poplar are gone now so it should be even better.

I think with any system, you're reducing the flow of things into the gutters so whatever you choose, a super heavy rain will likely spill over depending on the slope of your roof and how much debris is up there.

The few days it took me to install mine were worth it. My gutters would need cleaning every month from spring to autumn, probably every week in the autumn.

Yeah I gotta do something. I live under what feels like literally every type of tree. I'm in a very tree centric city and they basically let everything grow unchecked. I have pine needles, hickory nuts, giant leaves, small leaves, acorns, sweet gum pods and just a good ole layer of biologic detritus *constantly* in there. It's exhausting.

Gonna try out some of those solutions and see how they go! I was looking at the steel mesh stuff... had never seen the foam that POC mentioned.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Do those pressure washer attachments clean gutters properly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

tuyop posted:

Do those pressure washer attachments clean gutters properly?

I used one at my last house and it was ok for cleaning some of dirt, etc but never really did a great job getting most stuff out. I have to get up on my roof and blow it off regularly as well so I tend to use my blower and get as much as I can with that. But do to the problem listed below it only works so well.

I *did* see this thing at Lowe's that attaches to your drill... it's basically a big rotating fin/brush driven by the drill. Seemed neat. A bit "as seen on TV" but whatever.

Unfortunately I have an issue where my shingles overhang my gutters by more than normal so nothing fits in there except for my hand really. I should get the shingles trimmed back or something. Don't even know if that's something you can do.