Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Fair enough. Sorry about being wrong re: money numbers.

Also it was the whinging and defensiveness that really made me lose respect for the man.

If you can't handle people saying your movie was bad, then you are not cut out to be an actor. Which surprised me, as he spent some of the best times of his career getting BOOed. Indeed, he started his career getting "go away, we don't like you" Boos as Rocky Maivia. So you'd think he could handle some nobodies saying his silly comedy wasn't fun, or that the movie he personally got paid millions to make didn't gross record numbers.

Once a carny, always a carny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Saying "you are not cut out to be an actor" about a dude who's been in a bajillion movies and made a bajillion dollars being in a bajillion movies.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

wasnt the rock the highest paid actor in the world?

i dunno if he still is but im betting he doesn't need wrestlemania to pay the mortgage on his poontang pie palace or whatever the gently caress

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

dromal phrenia posted:

wasnt the rock the highest paid actor in the world?

i dunno if he still is but im betting he doesn't need wrestlemania to pay the mortgage on his poontang pie palace or whatever the gently caress

top-2 for at least 5 years in a row. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-paid_film_actors#Highest_annual_earnings

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1701221091811717406?t=arIngZVFx_GjyGJ73ci0ZQ&s=19

And here come the cuts

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Another deal has hit Titan Towers

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hope they run a tribute to 9/11 and then an ad for their next Saudi show right after on Raw. That would be so Vince.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Never forget

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

So young, so innocent, didn't even know what a mustache was...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

TheKingslayer posted:

Hope they run a tribute to 9/11 and then an ad for their next Saudi show right after on Raw. That would be so Vince.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUWPzstJAiQ

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://youtube.com/watch?v=iddAsGbJ5iM&feature=shared

Honestly, not sure if a poo poo show will happen or not. But, this is Vince we're talking about here. Maybe him not being on top might make him go crazy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

He's specifically chosen by ari emanuel to continue running the wwe side with basically no oversight, nothing functionally is going to change.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Well, levesque might get shuffled out of the mix again, i could see that change happening.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Would Ari have allowed this heel team to form, or win?

E: they faced Umaga, Viscera and Kevin Thorne for four minutes lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

what's paul hunter doing in the impact zone?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

End of an era. I wonder how the endeavor regime will do.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please listen to stone cold.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

Jaeger Jobst... Jurgen?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Joey McChrist posted:

It's the return of Terra Ryzing

I'll try to find out what happens at Titan Towers tomorrow if the culling starts day 1. Supposedly my sister's job is safe (helps when she's one of the last people in the old building so her boss has said) but color me highly skeptical that Endeavor doesn't have a well oiled machine for marketing.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Yeah seems like the main changes will be culling office staff and no longer having to pretend like Paul Triple H is running the show. I would bet most of his rehires will be spite fired like Samoa Joe was

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m sure Vince has not forgotten that Paul voted not to let him back in the company

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
There will be roster culls because a lot of the roster is still kept on a "we can't let The Enemy have them" basis. There will be a lot of numbers crunching.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
WWE solemnly remembers the second worst day in American history, the first being the the time Vince McMahon was put on trial for steroid distribution of course.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Paul will show up in the Impact Zone with a new name based on the King of Kings, Killer King Kingly

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Why on earth would paul go to impact and not his obvious home the NWA

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Majinfoose posted:

Paul will show up in the Impact Zone with a new name based on the King of Kings, Killer King Kingly

Would he be some sort of Grand Wizard capable to turning a 10 minute match into going Broadway?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

HHH can't wrestle anymore because of his bum ticker, right? Wouldn't he just be fishing for an office job?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sure he could wrestle one. more. match.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If he wants to die in the ring yeah sure

He probably doesn’t though

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Why would Paul HHH be going anywhere with the Endeavor deal closing?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Never seen a corporate merger before? It’s basically battle royale.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

Why would Paul HHH be going anywhere with the Endeavor deal closing?

Tried to betray Vince when Vince returned, is sitting in the seat of Vince’s favorite job, is probably the reason Vince had to step down in the first place, NXT was totally overhauled and they literally smashed the old logo on TV while HHH was in the hospital, Vince fired all of his friends.

The only reason he probably isn’t already gone is because things are supposed to be kept stable during a sale.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

for real though they probably won't touch anything in wwe. it's not the same thing as like a mid-2000s merger between telecoms or something where they need to consolidate. unless they mistakenly believe ufc and wwe are the same sort of product which is too much to hope for

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cavauro posted:

for real though they probably won't touch anything in wwe. it's not the same thing as like a mid-2000s merger between telecoms or something where they need to consolidate. unless they mistakenly believe ufc and wwe are the same sort of product which is too much to hope for

There is probably a good amount of overlap. Why have the UFC video production team and the WWE video production team when they can do the same job?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro posted:

The deal doesn’t really make sense financially unless they are able to make major cuts to costs, they’ve even said they expect to save $50 - $100 million in costs per year. Most of that will probably be back office, you don’t need two accounting departments, but when they look at what they’re paying people to job on house shows to Omos, there most certainly will be talent cuts to hit those numbers.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Lid posted:

There will be roster culls because a lot of the roster is still kept on a "we can't let The Enemy have them" basis. There will be a lot of numbers crunching.

In terms of people who could likely be let go, who would AEW want? I can't think of many people.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hoss Corncave posted:

In terms of people who could likely be let go, who would AEW want? I can't think of many people.

Yeah I can’t really think of too many lucrative pickups, especially of HHH’s rehires. The most desirable are locked down and will probably stay that way. Maaaaaybe AJ Styles or Finn but those don’t seem likely.

Impact and the indies will get another influx of talent tho

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Pylons posted:

There is probably a good amount of overlap. Why have the UFC video production team and the WWE video production team when they can do the same job?

presumably one team can’t produce twice the amount of video content in the same time

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hoss Corncave posted:

McIntyre, who they're just holding on an injury extension to keep him out of AEW's hands a little longer anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Julio Cruz posted:

presumably one team can’t produce twice the amount of video content in the same time

They can if you tell them you'll fire them if they don't.