Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/josephattard02/status/1701291367647822006

This is the cover for the October party conference. I've officially run out of words

I'm glad that a cult of personality hasn't been built round this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

This is the cover for the October party conference. I've officially run out of words
"Jimmy Cordite was a cult" I write as the copies of Keith Magazine fly off the press.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol well done to Novara for getting a clip that will piss absolutely everyone off.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ragdoll? We briefly looked after one years ago, they are 100% cat himbos.

Birman, very closely related to ragdolls and yeah she's not smart. But she makes up for it by being insanely adorable and cute and fluffy and I love her. :3:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lol well done to Novara for getting a clip that will piss absolutely everyone off.

hope campbell kicks him off the podcast and then they both get kicked into a river

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's already enough turds in the river.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

fuctifino posted:

Keirless Whisper.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Looks like a Bond villain straining to take a poo poo

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
For anyone interested in the actual stats behind the dangerous dog debate, the podcast Science Vs. did a really good rundown on them:

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/science-vs/z3hlzxrj

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Next up: being unable to get any kind of diagnosis for joint problems because the NHS referred me to a private company, who after a month refer me to another private company, who after 2 months will tell me they are only able to treat the injury I was referred with and can't look at other parts of the body, also since it's been 3 months the injury has 'gone away' (is not detectable at the initial appointment) and so there's nothing they can do to help.

Do you have an NHS physio? You can self refer for those, and they will get to know your joints much better than a GP you talk to for 5 minutes. My physio was the only one that took me seriously and she wasn't allowed to refer me herself but she wrote letters that resulted in a doctor referring me. Not my GP because he was a stupid prick that doesn't seem to work there any more. My new one is better.

She even told me "first you will get an appointment for an X-Ray, that won't find anything wrong, and you will have to wait months for an MRI appointment after that, which will diagnose you". I remembered that when I arrived for the X-Ray and had to walk past the MRI room.

She seemed very tired of it all. Kafkaesque.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Care to link?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

https://twitter.com/BitebackPub/status/1700645507977150550

are most welcome invitee to the top dollar respected speaking gig circuit

It's taken longer than I thought for her to be rehabilitated really

i nearly forgot they made queenie off backadder PM for a bit lol

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

and you can make new varieties of dog just by putting two dogs together, so that's a lot harder to control than making firearm ammunition or whatever.

[disappointed Krieger voice] "Awwww"

[throws gun breeding program in bin]

ANYTHING YOU SOW
Nov 7, 2009
Councils should hire people dressed as sausages/cats to walk around parks. Owners of any dogs that attack them are issued a fixed penalty notice proportional to the psi of the bite. This provides an incentive for owners to use leads or train their dogs well and to choose safer breeds.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

ANYTHING YOU SOW posted:

Councils should hire people dressed as sausages/cats to walk around parks. Owners of any dogs that attack them are issued a fixed penalty notice proportional to the psi of the bite. This provides an incentive for owners to use leads or train their dogs well and to choose safer breeds.

Is this the British version of the New Deal? I'm on board, I just think we could expand it a bit. More ambition. No no wait, "aspiration".

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I just feel like the notoriety of the breed in the news is only going to make the wrong sorts of owners want them even more.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Aramoro posted:

I was wondering how our Landlord reforms were going up here in Sunny Scotland.

https://twitter.com/donturvLDR/status/1699344711402639487?s=19

Going great it seems

Landlords (not even all of them, just the loving AirBnB parasites) are truly oppressed by being made to fill in some paperwork before the end of this month, which they have had loving ages to do. And whom amongst us can forget the great Odessa Pogrom during 1905, with over 400 Jewish residents killed by the onslaught of paperwork, & over 1,500 Jewish owned businesses destroyed by angry bigoted crowds of bureaucrats forcing them to close for not filling in the appropriate forms.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

fuctifino posted:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
bake like a skelpt arse

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Landlords (not even all of them, just the loving AirBnB parasites) are truly oppressed by being made to fill in some paperwork before the end of this month, which they have had loving ages to do. And whom amongst us can forget the great Odessa Pogrom during 1905, with over 400 Jewish residents killed by the onslaught of paperwork, & over 1,500 Jewish owned businesses destroyed by angry bigoted crowds of bureaucrats forcing them to close for not filling in the appropriate forms.

Dont worry, she's prepared to fight back against this parliament of pogroms and let her flat to students instead and then the council won't even get council tax. Not sure the national government is ready for such extreme action.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

notaspy posted:

Care to link?

Dunno if you're joking but he means the Rory Stewart video.

Rory is a nice lad

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

But Staffordshire Terriers rank highest (11). I'm not sure if that's just because so many people seem to want to own one without learning how,
Aside from the dickheads who get them because they're 'ard innit, they are so loving adorable as puppies, and I think people get them and think it's funny to teach them to nip and attack when they're tiny (or at the very least not train them out of that behaviour), and then suddenly at about a year old they're this huge dog that can no longer get away with it.

There are a ton of staffies in particular that turn up in shelters having been abandoned at about a year old, because the owners never trained them and they're suddenly big enough to just ignore the owners in terms of physical control.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Do you have an NHS physio? You can self refer for those, and they will get to know your joints much better than a GP you talk to for 5 minutes.
Unfortunately the self-referral service is the one that's now run by a private company. Might just be an oxfordshire thing but unfortunately there is no longer any way to access nhs services directly, just a callcentre full of wankers who decide which private physio they're going to pay.

Also our local hospital closed its physio section because we live near enough a major city that the twats in charge have decided everyone can just drive to the big hospital.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

She seemed very tired of it all. Kafkaesque.
The inefficiency is what drives me mad. Instead of going gp > wait 2 weeks > sterioid injection, i get buggered around for 3 months by two companies who end up not able to treat me. It cost more money, more time, and didn't solve the problem.

Private companies intervening in the NHS are going to kill it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

look I'm scared of them and my feelings are more important than yours so please respect them and by please i mean gently caress you

I'm talking about dogs

or maybe travellers

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There are a ton of staffies in particular that turn up in shelters having been abandoned at about a year old, because the owners never trained them and they're suddenly big enough to just ignore the owners in terms of physical control.
That's the kind of thing that the dog licence scheme in New Zealand seems to be good at. You don't make it look like a burden or about 'bad dogs', you sell it as protecting both animal welfare and people, about making it easier to find missing dogs, about the idea that a dog is for life so you should think first, and by the way here's some free dog tips on the important first year, isn't this exciting?

You can also scale by dog weight (which is something that is known to science rather than all this 'what is a pitbull' nonsense that has proven impossible to determine) and importantly by number of dogs so that antisocial farmers with a dozen ill-supervised Rottweilers get discouraged, and unlicensed puppy mills can be hit with large stacked fines.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

or maybe travellers

*narrowing eyes*

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
trying to find labour conference programmes from prior years to compare but i don't actually know what to search for

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000
Both times I've been bitten by dogs were when they were on leashes and I was just walking past them on the pavement in the opposite direction.

Plus there was the time a dude got all pissy at me because I backed away in fear when his 6 foot tall dog launched up on its hind legs and tried to snap at my face and he had to put all his weight into holding it back on the leash. Next time I saw him walking toward me I moved to avoid him and his massive polar bear and he got all snarky like I was making a fuss over nothing.

But on the other hand, a cat looked me dead in the eye while it curled one out in my garden the other day so what you gonna do.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://x.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1701299808529506713?s=20

What is this nonsense and why are they trying to reinvent trade unions.

Actually, clearly it's to marginalise existing unions, right?

e: also why don't tweets embed any more, FFS Musk

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

back in the day there were bears and sharks and poo poo and i wish it was then in a lot of ways

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

sebzilla posted:

"We don't want any of those messy old unions striking and being mean. No, we want to pay management consultants to sit and listen to donors employers, and nod politely and then capitulate take a bung to sell out workers reach a sensible conpromise."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

sebzilla posted:

https://x.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1701299808529506713?s=20

Actually, clearly it's to marginalise existing unions, right?

e: also why don't tweets embed any more, FFS Musk

"x.com" don't - change it back to the real URL e.g.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1701299808529506713?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

Sounds more like wages councils, which we used to have but got wrecked by the neoliberal consensus. Not inherently terrible, but not revolutionary.

If they're doing that early 20th century stuff they should bring back the factories inspectorate for the sweatshops, replace "the workers are bad because they're working here" with "actually your factory is bad."

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao. The final word on todays dog debate…

https://twitter.com/coachingbyeley/status/1701329700021277052?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well yeah that's because half a dozen MPs haven't been credibly accused of being bull terriers.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If only we criminalised paedophilia. Alas.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

If we’d kept Savile on a lead fashioned from Jim’ll Fix it Badges so much could have been avoided

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tesseraction posted:

"x.com" don't - change it back to the real URL
horrible dark irony that transphobic twitter wants to be known as X but nobody calls it that and the old name works much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TACD posted:

horrible dark irony that transphobic twitter wants to be known as X but nobody calls it that and the old name works much better

also ironic that a man obsessed with the Y chromosome keeps focusing on the X