Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

the popes toes posted:

Glory to Breakfast!

Now available! https://www.zelenskyos.com/

Man made it onto a box of breakfast cereal, the highest accolade anyone can receive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

zone posted:

Man made it onto a box of breakfast cereal, the highest accolade anyone can receive

Up there with Flutie Flakes and Pro*Stars.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

spankmeister posted:

While the UK was definitely at the forefront of providing lethal aid to Ukraine, this is a mischaracterization of events. They absolutely weren't the only ones in NATO doing it or advocating for it.

yeah the dutch, baltic countries, czechia, poland, US and UK were all at the forefront. germany also gave more early on than public perception reflected, though I wouldn't say that they were out in front about it

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The Ukrainian citizens greeting their soldiers is the most heartwarming thing I've seen in a long time. That's how Russians imagined they would be greeted lol

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Herstory Begins Now posted:

yeah the dutch, baltic countries, czechia, poland, US and UK were all at the forefront. germany also gave more early on than public perception reflected, though I wouldn't say that they were out in front about it

That's true, only thing is memes about helmets took root much quicker in public spaces before it became evident how much help Germany actually gave Ukraine.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
also finland very much was at the forefront, although they have most preferred not to call much attention to just how much they provided

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

zone posted:

That is a very rarefied group, including such notables as Olympic medalists, Mr T, and Tony the Tiger.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jet Jaguar posted:

That is a very rarefied group, including such notables as Olympic medalists, Mr T, and Tony the Tiger.

Cap'n Crunch too!

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

also finland very much was at the forefront, although they have most preferred not to call much attention to just how much they provided
:ssh:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

zone posted:

Flower would like a word

Also let me know when he gets his own mustard, the king of condiments

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Xenocides posted:

Old Gil is gonna be eating food tonight!

LOL. Does the Old Gill gonna be eating dance.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Nessus posted:

They were able to do it in WW2 with a Piper Cub and a radio, I'm confident Space Force is on the job to let them do it without getting up.

e: I misremember: but the American system of spotting artillery was remarked upon by the Germans regularly. Many stories about how their heroic last-ditch battle to drive back the Amis went so well and the stupid Americans went waddling back as the brave (non political though) Wehrmacht soldiers took a deep breath. For some reason, shortly thereafter they were hit with a heavy artillery bomardment: weird.

Artillery was the first branch of the army america professionalized, West Point was first and foremost about educating artillery officers, with infantry and cavalry almost as an afterthought.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

rowkey bilbao posted:

Is it Poland going "don't even think about it you dipshits" or is there something more complicated going on ?

They're just going full BGH n00b turtle while they tech up to BCs.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
American artillery is using the US's industrial capacity to terrifying demonstration

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1701268584138264620#m

quote:

“When I saw that Ukrainian nazis are killing the children of Donbas, it caused a flurry of angry emotions in me, so I decided to come to Donbas and help the children,” said Chinese opera singer Wang-Fang in response to her visit to Mariupol.

Next to her is her husband Zhou Xiaoping. He is a member of the People's Political Consultative Council under the Chinese Communist Party. He blames the destruction of the drama theater not on Russia, but on Ukraine. And also supports Russian propaganda, in particular, about "protecting local residents from NATO attacks."
:allbuttons:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

zone posted:

He's missing I guess???

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

He's missing I guess???

thats milk cartons

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poor Putin fighting the world

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Poor Putin fighting the world

if only everyone had been nicer to him for the past 25 years

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
poor plucky little russia

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

MrQwerty posted:

if only everyone had been nicer to him for the past 25 years
"I feel bullied, really," I say as I approve another strategic strike against an open-air farmer's market and children's hospital. "They forced me into this."

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

How could America do this?

*bombs a hospital*

*shits himself, falls down stairs*

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
With that many himars you don't need targeting, really

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Also watch Lula blow Putin's jet right out the loving sky lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Karate Bastard posted:

With that many himars you don't need targeting, really

Poland gonna create a Korean DMZ with HIMARS

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Poland bought enough so that they can be shared with the class if Putin decides in 5-10 years to go somewhere else in the Eastern Europe and USA is lead by a known Putin associate on work release parole and Germany manages to find someone even more spinless to replace the current head of state.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

zone posted:

That's true, only thing is memes about helmets took root much quicker in public spaces before it became evident how much help Germany actually gave Ukraine.

The helmets meme became a meme and took root because it happened before the full scale invasion occurred. Germany offered 5000 helmets as an answer to imminent Russian aggression and that's why they were rightfully clowned on so hard. They became a lot better once Russia invaded in February but up until then they were half assing every single thing and you also had Macron trying to be the Big Serious Man trying to negotiate with Putin. It was dumb as gently caress

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

The helmets meme became a meme and took root because it happened before the full scale invasion occurred. Germany offered 5000 helmets as an answer to imminent Russian aggression and that's why they were rightfully clowned on so hard. They became a lot better once Russia invaded in February but up until then they were half assing every single thing and you also had Macron trying to be the Big Serious Man trying to negotiate with Putin. It was dumb as gently caress

Didn't Germany also dump their rotting and rusting DDR leftovers to Ukraine and call it as "all they can give at this point"?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Der Kyhe posted:

Poland bought enough so that they can be shared with the class if Putin decides in 5-10 years to go somewhere else in the Eastern Europe and USA is lead by a known Putin associate on work release parole and Germany manages to find someone even more spinless to replace the current head of state.

yeah thats the real reason, 100%

just have it ready in case, always

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I thought some of Macron constantly hammering on the possibility of peace was because of public opinion in France, and it's not like it's unreasonable to say "Hey, off ramp, you can take it any time, bro, you can tell me, I'm not Amerikkka" -- at least in theory. Does Russia want that off ramp? Different question.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The biggest preinvasion offramp was the US spelling out all the details while Russia was still denying they were gonna do it, Putin could have dropped the invasion at no cost to himself and made Biden and the US look like a bunch of losers

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

I need a football metaphor to explain to me why this is good and normal

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Nessus posted:

I thought some of Macron constantly hammering on the possibility of peace was because of public opinion in France, and it's not like it's unreasonable to say "Hey, off ramp, you can take it any time, bro, you can tell me, I'm not Amerikkka" -- at least in theory. Does Russia want that off ramp? Different question.

True, and France I think has been offering lots of material support that we don't hear a lot about. They donated those Caesars early and continuously produce 155mm shells for them.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

nerd plus rage posted:

It’s like when the browns went 0-16

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Tunicate posted:

The biggest preinvasion offramp was the US spelling out all the details while Russia was still denying they were gonna do it, Putin could have dropped the invasion at no cost to himself and made Biden and the US look like a bunch of losers
But as with the rest of it: He didn't want to do that, he wanted to conquer (at least a large chunk of) Ukraine.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i think we got the equivalent of the grover predictions for this war

how do you feel about home renovations dude

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

PinheadSlim posted:

True, and France I think has been offering lots of material support that we don't hear a lot about. They donated those Caesars early and continuously produce 155mm shells for them.

No, France was and remains one of the lower supporters by % gdp in europe. that's not to say that they've given nothing or that they aren't giving anything important, but the recent addition of long range missiles represents a significant change in France's willingness to give particularly meaningful aid directly to Ukraine. more of french aid has come via eu commitments, too, i believe

Nessus posted:

macron personally has a whole fantasy of himself as someone who can persuade putin to bring about peace and he got completely loving played over and over. macron is fantastically egotistical, even by the standard of heads of states.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 11, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

nerd plus rage posted:

It's like fumbling on the 23.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Tunicate posted:

Honestly it's funny how Putin is going to be known as the guy who crippled Russia, where before Feburary 2022 he would have gone down in history as the man who did everything he could to restore the nation to greatness before they became a resource colony of China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

nerd plus rage posted:

Come on, there's a lot of euros itt, we don't understand American football. Do something universal like lacrosse or Aussie rules.