Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
are there any Republican fans of Harry Potter, I bet they HATE being called chudbloods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

in this thread please refer to liberals as city racists and chuds as country racists. thank you

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Weka posted:

Sounds like at least on this one issues you're further to the right than your nazi dad.

:pwn:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

FlapYoJacks posted:

Imagine how that entire interaction would have gone if the officers had simply explained that someone had accused her of shoplifting, and do you mind if they checked the bag? She would likely have said yes
no, don’t consent to searches

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

No, don’t consent to searches

Oh absolutely. However, the vast majority of people do, and it is likely she would have had they asked and explained what was going on instead of walking up to her and barking orders with no explanation.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

FlapYoJacks posted:

Oh absolutely. However, the vast majority of people do, and it is likely she would have had they asked and explained what was going on instead of walking up to her and barking orders with no explanation.
no, they would have tried to discover a pretext to arrest her, which is the entire reason cops demand to search people. do not consent to searches. the only reason a cop ever asks to search a person or their belongings is so they can find an excuse to arrest them.

it is unlikely that this was this woman’s first police interaction. she knows this. you don’t. shut the gently caress up and stop blaming the victims of police violence.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

no, they would have tried to discover a pretext to arrest her, which is the entire reason cops demand to search people. do not consent to searches. the only reason a cop ever asks to search a person or their belongings is so they can find an excuse to arrest them.

it is unlikely that this was this woman’s first police interaction. she knows this. you don’t. shut the gently caress up and stop blaming the victims of police violence.

I think you are confused. I'm not saying she should, or anyone should concenst to be searched. Why do you think I am saying that? Hell, the only thing you should ever say to an officer is “I don't answer questions.”

I also never victim blamed her, so please, stop shoving words in my mouth and YOU shut the gently caress up.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 04:08 on Sep 3, 2023

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

op was quite obviously blaming the cops for not requesting a search, not saying the victim should have acquiesced to one or blaming her in any way. rcp and stop strawmanning

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Wafflecopper posted:

op was quite obviously blaming the cops for not requesting a search, not saying the victim should have acquiesced to one or blaming her in any way. rcp and stop strawmanning

Yeah I got the meaning too.

Hope stuff is ok with you TF, because that was way too aggro

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

mark immune posted:

how many times does this creepy freak need to get banned for CHUDbloodlust before it gets him permad?

Point of order. I've only been banned once for bloodlust.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ashli Babbitt was not killed, she just shed her NSA-created identity

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

The Voice of Labor posted:

in this thread please refer to liberals as city racists and chuds as country racists. thank you

:salute:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Just got to do x-rays the other day on a tiny stringbean of a woman who got slammed with a car door seven times at a traffic stop by a cop because she had a weed pipe

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

FlapYoJacks posted:

Why do you think I am saying that?
because that is what you said. giving her the Officer Friendly “oh gee i just want to take a look” act would have just added one more step to the process of her getting killed after she told the cops no. cops intentionally put themselves in the way of people they don’t have probable cause to arrest or even sufficient reasonable suspicion to search so they can kill them when they try to leave a police interaction.

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 18:53 on Sep 3, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

because that is what you said. giving her the Officer Friendly “oh gee i just want to take a look” act would have just added one more step to the process of her getting killed after she told the cops no.

gently caress off with this straw man bullshit.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

FlapYoJacks posted:

gently caress off with this straw man bullshit.
lol go back to D&D with your debate team bellyaching. the problem is cops murder people, not that they aren’t fake-polite enough when they do it

speng31b
May 8, 2010

TenementFunster posted:

lol go back to D&D with your debate team bellyaching. the problem is cops murder people, not that they aren’t fake-polite enough when they do it

noone here is pro cops murdering people chill out

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Weka posted:

Sounds like at least on this one issues you're further to the right than your nazi dad.

the point of contention is his flip-flopping on the presumption of innocence when it's a white lady vs when it's a black person.

learn to read dipshit.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

the point of contention is his flip-flopping on the presumption of innocence when it's a white lady vs when it's a black person.

learn to read dipshit.

Is it really SA if we're not twisting into pretzels to find new bad faith readings of posts?

"Wow it's incredibly hosed up there's a thread in cspam where all of the computer toucher landlords unironically praise cops"

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

learn to read dipshit.

weka's got a weird thing about white knighting ashli babbitt

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Voice of Labor posted:

weka's got a weird thing about white knighting ashli babbitt

She was no angel...

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

every time someone brings up ashli babbitt i think they're talking about lorena bobbitt and get really confused

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
LAPD helped keep the streets secure this week by arresting striking nurses at the KP building. Even without the arrests there was a ridiculous show of force for nurses picketing on their day off.
https://twitter.com/hearinladotcom/status/1698774583023915173 I know I feel safe. How about you?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
you should be embarrassed!!!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

LAPD helped keep the streets secure this week by arresting striking nurses at the KP building. Even without the arrests there was a ridiculous show of force for nurses picketing on their day off.
https://twitter.com/hearinladotcom/status/1698774583023915173 I know I feel safe. How about you?

Uh, excuse me, but as the resident bootlicker who victim blames, I can confidently say the LAPD asked them nicely to disperse, and therefore the nurses are 1000000% to blame and not the pigs cops who arrested them.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

FlapYoJacks posted:

Uh, excuse me, but as the resident bootlicker who victim blames, I can confidently say the LAPD asked them nicely to disperse, and therefore the nurses are 1000000% to blame and not the pigs cops who arrested them.
yeah the cops should have asked them nicely to stop doing “free speech” in public first THEN launched the baton rounds. simple!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

yeah the cops should have asked them nicely to stop doing “free speech” in public first THEN launched the baton rounds. simple!

Settle down Beavis.

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013

TenementFunster posted:

yeah the cops should have asve asve asked them nicely to stop doing “free spnicelniceleech” in public firsree spree spree spree spree spree spree spree spree spree spree spree spree spree spree spiceleech t THEN launched the battoptoptoptopon rounds. simple! spnicelniceleech!

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
NOooooo. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont post.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Man, people are really high tonight.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how that cow from the last page has pooped all over the car

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

that's the lovely crime guns thread, not the cop thread

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2023/09/11/body-worn-video-from-officer-involved-collision-january-2023/

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

the way he goes to check his body camera after, WHOOPS

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Working EMS gave me a very black sense of humor but the gently caress if any one of us stopped treating patients with care and humanity.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Sonwhat happens in the video?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KomradeX posted:

Nah, it's just the vile poo poo that he says on his phone call.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

KomradeX posted:

cop is on the phone about a pedestrian who got hit and killed by a car, I assume a cop car or other city employee vehicle based on the follow up comments

after saying she is dead he busts out laughing, then he says to cut a check for 11k because she was only 26 and didn't have much value

then he checks his body cam and turns it off

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
police consistently say absolutely vile poo poo when they think they're not being recorded and immediately fly into panic mode if they ever find out they were

there is currently a big controversy brewing in rural McCurtain County, Oklahoma because the county commissioner's office forgot to turn off their recording equipment after a meeting was over, and the county sheriff was recorded joking about how the body of a woman killed in a recent house fire was like barbecue, and then they all discussed kidnapping, killing, and burying two local newspaper journalists who keep asking inconvenient questions, all of which was then posted publicly where anyone could hear it

the county sheriff's office attempted to post through it, arguing on Facebook that, A, it was illegal to record them and they're going to arrest whoever did it when they find out who it is, and, B, the contents of the recording haven't been verified by them and you can't even be sure it's them speaking

Mister Bates has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Sep 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

street art from Maastricht, Netherlands