Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Next year I have to go to Los Angeles for a wedding, and the furthest west I’ve been is Chicago. Presumably there’s something to do in that city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

bobjr posted:

Next year I have to go to Los Angeles for a wedding, and the furthest west I’ve been is Chicago. Presumably there’s something to do in that city.

https://imgur.com/a/hkBl0bm

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I figured I would post in here since I mentioned it yesterday in a GDT, but still waiting to hear the results of my mom’s testing. The oncologist and hospitalist definitely think it’s cancer, just not sure what type. My mom said the growth started earlier this year, from something quartersize, to the current 4-ish inches in diameter. The X-rays show it went below the skin also, so they’re doing more imaging on that, and plan to do a bone marrow biopsy in the area. Initially the first few doctors thought it looked like basal cell carcinoma, but the hospitalist today said he thought it had grown too quickly to be basal cell, if my mom’s timeline was to be believed.

They also have been doing more imaging on her upper right shoulder where the boney lesions appear, and were going to do abdominal and chest CT and MRIs.

When I first got her in yesterday, she had a white blood cell count of 51,500, and they put her on Zosyn, then eventually (and still) Vancomycin. The internist had told us she officially had sepsis per criteria and the testing completed. In a little under 24 hours, it brought the count down to about 48,000, but it seems like if it were just the sepsis, it should have gone down a lot more? Which makes me worried it’s due more to the cancer than the sepsis.

So overall I’m in a little better place than yesterday mentally, but I’m still worried about how far along she might be or where it spread, and then what her prognosis will look like.

And making it worse, my dad is the definition of human poo poo, and basically expressed no interest in going to the hospital to see her, because he’s mainly worried about their little dog. When I brought up some of the stuff, he mentioned needing to take the dog to the vet because he couldn’t lose “both of them”, and I called him out on his general lovely attitude and history and we haven’t talked since. My mom doesn’t even really want him to come to the hospital anyway.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

There should be dungeon like gyms where you can discus throw 10lb weight plates into the walls and buy steroids in the locker room but there should also be gyms like planet fitness that focus on a quiet and welcome atmosphere
genuinely agreed and these two options should be offered as a package membership deal in adjacent buildings, choose your own adventure every day

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

genuinely agreed and these two options should be offered as a package membership deal in adjacent buildings, choose your own adventure every day

As long as we can somehow eliminate douchebags who flex in the mirror and huddle with their bros around benches with multiple sets of dumbbells to post on social media.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

that's the third option that costs more per month to subsidize all the normal people's memberships

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Something fun about life. When you really dread an upcoming moment or event, every minute leading up to it feels very precious and you enjoy those minutes very desperately

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

bobjr posted:

Do you like tacos

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Something fun about life. When you really dread an upcoming moment or event, every minute leading up to it feels very precious and you enjoy those minutes very desperately

Me but with work on Monday morning.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Missed the train home and while waiting for the next one a woman came up to me and asked "why are you still wearing a mask?"
I was :chloe: for a minute from the audacity. Were you living under a rock for the last 3 years?

I eventually responded "You don't know where I've been & who I've been interacting with."

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Android Apocalypse posted:

I eventually responded "You don't know where I've been & who I've been interacting with."

In other words, one hell of an orgy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--or that

If I ever get called out I'm going with 'I'm too pretty for you to see until we get to know each other better.'

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’d simply reveal a smaller mask underneath that says “gently caress You”

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I've never had someone ask, but I figure my go-to response would be something along the lines of "to protect you and your family"

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

“You’ve heard of Ebola? Yeah, well, my employer doesn’t give us sick leave so…”

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Further adventures on my commute home (sound on):
https://i.imgur.com/9ey3GsT.mp4
Just a guy casually using a paint marker to draw on the blade of his folding knife while someone else blares soft jazz on their phone's speakers.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Further adventures on my commute home (sound on):
https://i.imgur.com/9ey3GsT.mp4
Just a guy casually using a paint marker to draw on the blade of his folding knife while someone else blares soft jazz on their phone's speakers.

That feels pretty right for Portland.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Real Gummo vibes in that clip

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Missed the train home and while waiting for the next one a woman came up to me and asked "why are you still wearing a mask?"
I was :chloe: for a minute from the audacity. Were you living under a rock for the last 3 years?

I've been asked this a few times too, and also had people walk by and murmur "so they're just wearing masks all the time now??" to their companions, and I never know how to respond. Maybe silence and a bewildered stare is better if I don't have anything witty. :smith:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Just get slightly uncomfortably close to them and jovially say 'Well I caught COVID and I know it's no big deal but my wife said I should be nice to other people' and then turn away just a little and let out a big ol' cough.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

My teenage daughter came to me today and told me that she started listening to German metal. She asked me if I'd heard of Rammstein :3:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Apologies, but I have bad news about Rammstein:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4008273&pagenumber=727&perpage=40&highlight=rammstein#post534410390

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4008273&pagenumber=727&perpage=40&highlight=rammstein#post534411420

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hahaha you didn’t Have to tell him, it was a nice story

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I love Julio

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Its Rinaldo posted:

I love Julio

Too bad the rest of the team are a bunch of bums at this point.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

bobjr posted:

Joking bud, come on over to the LA thread, whole lot of us here and they always know the good places

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Manoueverable posted:

Too bad the rest of the team are a bunch of bums at this point.

I hate the Mariners.

I'm taking the next week off watching them. We'll see one way or another what happens.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I hate the Mariners.

I'm taking the next week off watching them. We'll see one way or another what happens.

You think that’s disappointing, the Brewers pitched over 10 no-hit innings against the Yanks and loving lost

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

:stare:

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
I'm looking for a good all-nfl podcast. What does TFF reccomend?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

OPAONI posted:

I learn a lot from the Mina Kimes Show

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

OPAONI posted:

I usually go Around the NFL, The Mina Kimes Show (featuring Lenny), and whichever episodes of The Athletic Football Show sound interesting

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mina Kimes is great and the ESPN nerd circle with Barnwell and Dominique's podcasts are good as well. Athletic Football Show is really good

and Around the NFL is solid, though it relies way more on soundboard / bits then others.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Thanks for the good reccomendations!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
God Bless Football if you want to become dumber by listening to something (in the best possible way).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

bobjr posted:

You should drive.

Right about when you hit Glenwood Springs, CO you'll thank me.

fake edit: you should fly to Denver, THEN drive. Take it from a Kansan

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

lol, well the 1-2 business days on the Men's Wearhouse suit jacket and pants is now >5 days and it won't be delivered until we're in Toronto for the wedding. Guess I have two evenings to find something that can pass as a dark blue navy suit, hooray

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

lol, well the 1-2 business days on the Men's Wearhouse suit jacket and pants is now >5 days and it won't be delivered until we're in Toronto for the wedding. Guess I have two evenings to find something that can pass as a dark blue navy suit, hooray

Honestly, if you need something that fast, head to a slightly nicer department store like Macy's or Nordstrom. They have tons of suits on racks, and hopefully you can find one that fits you well enough. I'm tall and still managed to find a sports coat off the rack at a Nordstrom's when I really needed something. I doubt they can tailor anything in two days though if you need it. You might have to suffer through a slightly baggy suit.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Does the store have the flu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He may be able to find a nice fitting maroon impresario tux at a thrift shop.