Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Meanwhile I'll never fight Radahan again now that hoarfrost stomp is nerfed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

silent hill 3???

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
violence toward women

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Bro Dad posted:

lol just had a starfield ng+ where I walked into the lodge everyone was dead

this is why you always make sure the stove is off before stepping out

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
parasite eve? rimworld? metal gear rising?

arma 3? arma 3's actual plot is about how nato gets loving absolutely owned by CSAT all the time forever

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I like this game therefore it agrees with me

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
my politics is the bug room from silent hill 3

(best silent hill btw not even close)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol Killzone 2 is about machine gunning ten thousand space Nazis to death while at the same time painting the space Americans as hypocrites with ulterior motives (getting access to space oil)

Cuttlefush posted:

arma 3? arma 3's actual plot is about how nato gets loving absolutely owned by CSAT all the time forever

I thought that DLC they did where you play as a journalist or UN bitch or whatever walking around in the aftermath of a horrible war was cool. Knew some milsim guys who got really really mad about it lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

my politics are the slippers that leave bloody footprints in your apartment in sh4 that spooped the crap out of me as a kid

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

quake is on there because they like saying the final boss' name

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Cuttlefush posted:

parasite eve?

violence toward women

ancap colony sim, gamedev refused to allow gender... things i forget

troops and i was unaware any of those games had plots. thought they were sandboxes. sandboxes you can use to do troop things like win WW2 for the Germans or make like Anakin in aotc

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Parasite Eve is about murdering Eve, so, I mean, the metaphor is there.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Augus posted:

silent hill 3???

This baffled me too lol. Heather is a rebellious ex-smoker teen who tazes fat goon monsters on the subway. Seems like they'd be horrified by that level of liberation.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

DaysBefore posted:

Lol Killzone 2 is about machine gunning ten thousand space Nazis to death while at the same time painting the space Americans as hypocrites with ulterior motives (getting access to space oil)

I thought that DLC they did where you play as a journalist or UN bitch or whatever walking around in the aftermath of a horrible war was cool. Knew some milsim guys who got really really mad about it lol

all the roleplay milsim light goof events ive ever hosed with have had at least one guy get really into roleplaying as an observer or journalist and losing it when everyone starts dying. its always fun. also i think that patch is when they added uxo, one of the greatest horrors of war

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Bro Dad posted:

lol just had a starfield ng+ where I walked into the lodge everyone was dead

😆

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Armstrong is a far-right libertarian who tries to convince Raiden to join him but accidentally persuades him into becoming a radical leftist populist instead

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

How is Morrowind, a game written by someone most likely very high, wherein you ally with a genderfluid pansexual demigod to kill off an ultranationalist sect a conservative game?

Is it that the game depicts slavery and you aren't forced to help end it? Is that the bar?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

only cool members of constellation are the homeschooled gods army kid and the ruthless capitalist

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Quark ftw

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Matteo is boring as heck and needs to gently caress off when I tell him too, and Quark isn't even ruthless.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Lib and let die posted:

my approach so far with ckIII has been to restart when my titles get too confusing to manage hoping that eventually it'll click

that’s what I did you’ll find a groove eventually. helps to get into a mindset that you are an ephemeral dynastic ghost quantum leaping into various bodies. you gotta think long term and get real comfortable with manipulating the lives of your subjects to produce adequate hosts for your spirit

a lot of the time im working toward a sort of lifetime achievement for a given ruler, like creating a duchy or uniting some clans or what have you. there’s always going to be things you overlook or didn’t expect tho, that’s what keeps it fun, so don’t get to down if your plans fall apart. as long as your ghost lives you can try salvage a win of some sort, even if it’s as basic as taking care of a duplicitous vassal or offing a troublesome heir

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ghostwire in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_EUvi9qE4

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

behind every quark there is a rom

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Lostconfused posted:

Matteo is boring as heck and needs to gently caress off when I tell him too, and Quark isn't even ruthless.

Actual Quark wasn't ruthless either

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Devious at best really

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

Yeah, but he doesn't even pretend to not be the biggest softy around this time.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

violence toward women

granted, but the final boss is doing an abortion.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

I mean his corporation is based on the ancap oil rig city and he was having the time of his life doing an illegal business deal and then murdering half his rivals company with me

I love him

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Bro Dad posted:

I mean his corporation is based on the ancap oil rig city and he was having the time of his life doing an illegal business deal and then murdering half his rivals company with me

I love him
Literally just mr magooing his way around while you and his wife do all the work.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
ripping through anything that gave me trouble during my first AC6 run in NG+ feels so good.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The ryujin storyline was pretty fun

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

doesn't SH3 have an extended abortion metaphor lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jon Irenicus posted:

doesn't SH3 have an extended abortion metaphor lol

it's extremely graphic too

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

ripping through anything that gave me trouble during my first AC6 run in NG+ feels so good.

yep. and then having trouble with entirely new bosses is pretty ftw. ng+ and ng++ were way more fun than the first time, which I thought was pretty fun

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

The Oldest Man posted:

It's ok if he wasn't ice cold because his fits was immaculate

Lookit them suits, they look both fly as hell and made out of upholstery fabric. Perfect space baller.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Cuttlefush posted:

parasite eve protagonist is a generically hot blond-haired-blue-eyed ladycop and randomly discovers she has magical superpowers by implausible coincidence, but you have to ignore all of the parts of the story that actually make sense

in rimworld you can live out the ultimate libertarian power fantasy of gunning down hordes of mindless savages who want to break into your house and steal your poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think for most of them it's as simple as "I like these games, I identify as a conservative, therefore these games must be conservative", that or just engagement farming

In the case of SH3 though it's because the antagonist's story arc began with being arrested for storming the capitol on 1/6

MRR is the odd one out because chuds aren't supposed to like musicals

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

silentsnack posted:

in rimworld you can live out the ultimate libertarian power fantasy of gunning down hordes of mindless savages who want to break into your house and steal your poo poo

you can also be a slave owning homesteader so this one tracks. sorry they got this one right

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cuttlefush posted:

my politics is the bug room from silent hill 3

(best silent hill btw not even close)

Heather is definitely the best Silent Hill protagonist, at minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

What should I look for in cores and heads? Making my AC pretty?