Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Sydin posted:

She was also the cheerleader's mom in Heroes.

And the not-yet-murdered victim in the opening scene of Minority Report!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Phillies will have a right fielder and a right right fielder

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

Tachman has come back down to earth and has been putting up awful numbers at the plate so it would be cool to see if PCA could do some cool poo poo in center, but lol if Ross is ever going to play a rookie.

Do you know who they're sending down? Guessing Canario but couldn't find anything on Twitter.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Greinke owns and I will be forever upset he didn't get a ring in 2015

I don't think the Royals win in 2015 without Cain in CF catching everything within a two mile radius (and Escobar inexplicably succeeding as a leadoff hitter with a poo poo OBP) and there's no one else on that 2010 KC roster Milwaukie would have dealt for (because it was all poo poo).

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Niwrad posted:

Do you know who they're sending down? Guessing Canario but couldn't find anything on Twitter.

Candelario got pulled out of nowhere yesterday mid-game and there's been speculation he might hit the IL.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Niwrad posted:

By all accounts Canario's recall was just to give him a breather before the AFL kicks off and as a reward for coming back from getting 6 million dollar manned after his injuries in winter ball. The Summer Of Tauchman was fun and all but it's fall now and he's taken his final form as Kosuke Fukudome, hopefully even Jed and Co. know Tauchman has no value if the OPB drops.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Exodor posted:

I don't think the Royals win in 2015 without Cain in CF catching everything within a two mile radius (and Escobar inexplicably succeeding as a leadoff hitter with a poo poo OBP) and there's no one else on that 2010 KC roster Milwaukie would have dealt for (because it was all poo poo).

That was such a mammoth trade for the Royals that I don't think they would've sniffed the World Series without it. They also traded Odorizzi in the Shields/Davis deal.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

rickiep00h posted:

The Angels are a garbage org but I'm starting to wonder how many of them actually have *good* medical/training staffs. (Staves? What's the plural of a staff of people?) Like obviously some are worse than others, but is there like a whisper network among the players of who the better team docs are? About who has the best facilities?

My understanding, flawed as it probably is, is:

Dodgers: Probably the best medical staff if you want to remain healthy for a long career
Mets/Angels: Either cheapskates, incompetent, or both
Everyone Else: Not noteworthy enough to mention.

There might be others but I think 'Dodgers have the best medical staff' is at least common enough groupthink.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Exodor posted:

Zack should have won as a Dodger in 2015, cementing the all time greatness of that Kershaw Grienke 1-2 punch

But he didn’t cover 3rd base in game 5 against the Mets

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

GoatSeeGuy posted:

By all accounts Canario's recall was just to give him a breather before the AFL kicks off and as a reward for coming back from getting 6 million dollar manned after his injuries in winter ball. The Summer Of Tauchman was fun and all but it's fall now and he's taken his final form as Kosuke Fukudome, hopefully even Jed and Co. know Tauchman has no value if the OPB drops.

Tauchman is a perfectly fine 4th OF so of course Ross wants to run him out there every day. It's better than the Rafael Ortega experience at least, although that's not exactly a high bar.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

She was also the cheerleader's mom in Heroes.

His dad was the human nuke, also in Heroes.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Monathin posted:

My understanding, flawed as it probably is, is:

Dodgers: Probably the best medical staff if you want to remain healthy for a long career
Mets/Angels: Either cheapskates, incompetent, or both
Everyone Else: Not noteworthy enough to mention.

There might be others but I think 'Dodgers have the best medical staff' is at least common enough groupthink.

Hasn't everyone on the Dodgers had TJ this year?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/CrainsChicago/status/1701323501720707407

lmao

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
If I had a rich team and the willingness to park him permanently at DH (assuming he can be persuaded to do it) I'd take a punt on Trout. Especially if the Angels were willing to eat like $5-8M a year.

Unfortunately the Yankees and the Phillies are the two very last teams in the league that need another DH

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

If I had a rich team and the willingness to park him permanently at DH (assuming he can be persuaded to do it) I'd take a punt on Trout. Especially if the Angels were willing to eat like $5-8M a year.

Unfortunately the Yankees and the Phillies are the two very last teams in the league that need another DH

The Angels would probably want Schwarber back anyway.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Angels are in no position to ask for anything back

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/psaundersdp/status/1701325244378841341

10 KB dingers incoming this series.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Angels are in no position to ask for anything back

Sure they are. This is still Mike Trout.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/chelsea_janes/status/1701327771010498916

Not do more damage? :confused:

Wouldn’t that only be the case if it was already completely torn?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Monathin posted:

Dodgers: Probably the best medical staff if you want to remain healthy for a long career.

Hahahaha no. The Dodgers and Rays fits into the same category, which is “you will have the best year of your career, but your arm will be completely shredded after ~150 innings and you will spend the rest of your career rehabbing and trying to make it back.”

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

He will be replaced for a pinch runner mid-HR trot (60-day IL: Everything)

Adbert to the IL with a forearm strain :ohdear:, Fulmer back.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

live with fruit posted:

Hasn't everyone on the Dodgers had TJ this year?
Dustin May: second TJ in like 2 years
Tony Gonsolin: pitched with a partially torn/injured ucl for probably 6 weeks because they were that desperate, then went under the knife for TJ
Buehler: had TJ last year, tried to make it back in time for this October, was shut down after his first rehab start like a week ago

Kershaw: famously healthy since 2016

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Trying to figure out which team has the best medical staff based on pitcher injuries is futile. Probably better to look at position players but even then, poo poo happens.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

:lol: at them starting Wisdom over PCA. Never change Ross. Make just enough bad moves to cost the team a playoff spot.

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1701348894582387130

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yes all we can know for sure is the Mets medical staff are a mess

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Niwrad posted:

:lol: at them starting Wisdom over PCA. Never change Ross. Make just enough bad moves to cost the team a playoff spot.

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1701348894582387130

He's not up until tomorrow

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

RIP Alzolay. It was fun while it lasted.

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1701362859370811620

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Did Canario only have that one AB where he struck out?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man Pete Crow-Armstrong is a hell of a prospect - and he came from the Mets too! Oh well, I'm sure the Mets got a few years of tremendous value from a player for such a top tier prospect.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kirios posted:

Man Pete Crow-Armstrong is a hell of a prospect - and he came from the Mets too! Oh well, I'm sure the Mets got a few years of tremendous value from a player for such a top tier prospect.

Javy was about as good as a player could be in rental situation for them, he was absolutely killing the ball.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Javy was about as good as a player could be in rental situation for them, he was absolutely killing the ball.

And he also thumbs downed Mets fans which was immensely funny.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Why would you use a roster spot for a guy you're giving a "breather" to in a pennant race?

R.D. Mangles posted:

Yeah, not only was he hitting well, but you could play him anywhere in the infield and he would provide elite defense. Kind of a perfect rental. And if I remember correctly, PCA was just an 18-year-old lottery pick at the time. He was a COVID-year 1st rounder who got hurt hadn't even played in the minors yet. Don't even think he was a top-100 prospect or anything.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I guess the Cubs won't re-sign Bellinger after all. PCA's like a legit 80 grade CF defender yeah?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Kirios posted:

I guess the Cubs won't re-sign Bellinger after all. PCA's like a legit 80 grade CF defender yeah?

They weren't going to sign him regardless.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
on the day he was traded PCA had played 6 games in single-A and then gotten injured

the Mets were 8 games over .500 and had a 5-game division lead

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

they really should have known better though, because lolmets

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
PCA is karma for getting Wheeler for two months of Beltrán.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bees x1000 posted:

they really should have known better though, because lolmets

Imagine thinking lolmets could have been avoided regardless of which decision they made

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I'm watching this second game why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

There's plenty of room for Belli at 1B or DH with PCA