Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Stereotype posted:

good thing it doesn't rain much.

we are doing a bunch of work to waterproof all our public shade structures which will ensure it never rains during the event again

your dipshit event is enough of an environmental disaster as is thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Spraying my tarps with PFOS PFBS to own the leftists.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
b-b-but it's bike friendly!

mystes
May 31, 2006

Stereotype posted:

good thing it doesn't rain much.

we are doing a bunch of work to waterproof all our public shade structures which will ensure it never rains during the event again
just pave the whole desert

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
someone post the pics of piles of hundreds of burner bikes abandoned. It would be difficult to find a more effective way to convince people to destroy perfectly usable bikes

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Stereotype posted:

if you like biking around without having to worry about cars, you should go to burning man. black rock city is most cyclist friendly city i've ever been to.

there are dozens of articles like this lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Dog Case posted:

How do the bikes get to Burning Man

Yeah drat all of those cars with their engines off once during a yearly event. Good thing that type of thing except worse doesn't happen in every city in the united states twice a day every single day

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Stereotype posted:

Yeah drat all of those cars with their engines

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

speng31b posted:

there are dozens of articles like this lmao

I'm not sure how to tell you this but capitalist corporate news catastrophizes everything and agressively misleads and fabricates things in order to generate anger so that you consume their dumb bullshit. you've been duped

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You can just say that you like flying across the Pacific Ocean to meet strangers, do drugs with them, and gently caress in the desert.

You don’t have to spin it as a radical leftist action.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Platystemon posted:

You can just say that you like flying across the Pacific Ocean to meet strangers, do drugs with them, and gently caress in the desert.

You don’t have to spin it as a radical leftist action.

I'm not. I'm just saying that it's really nice to live in a place where you can easily bike anywhere. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

prove that you are a real leftist build the burning man train station and railway

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I took the bus there from Reno which was nice, so while I did fly across the ocean, I didn't get a car and drive in

People get uniquely bent out of shape about burning man when every sports game in the nation looks like this:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Stereotype posted:

I took the bus there from Reno which was nice, so while I did fly across the ocean, I didn't get a car and drive in

People get uniquely bent out of shape about burning man when every sports game in the nation looks like this:

ok you've convinced me; ban those too

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Stereotype posted:

none of us think the other things you are pointing out are good, if you think we are uniquely bent out of shape the only unique thing about our critique here is that it is directly toward you and your event

mystes
May 31, 2006

actually I guess upon reflection burning man is funny because it's supposed to be some unique spiritual experience in the desert but it's literally just a tailgate party

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Why are you all getting worked up over the helpful advice to just fly to Reno if you want to bike on a vast flat expanse of nothing?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Stereotype posted:

cars suck

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
i burned a man in reno once, just to watch him fly

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I would laugh at sports fans if they came to this thread and talked about the refreshing walkable environment of Dodgers Stadium.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Platystemon posted:

I would laugh at sports fans if they came to this thread and talked about the refreshing walkable environment of Dodgers Stadium.

but think about all the driving they arent doing while theyre at the stadium

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
there should be more week long sports games

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Stereotype posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eCG6Ozz-oE

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stereotype posted:

There are more than enough cricket matches already.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I like walking to dodgers stadium you can basically bar crawl there then there’s dudes selling beer and margs on the sidewalk as you hike up that giant hill

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Gunshow Poophole posted:

how dare you make me almost think a cop is not a bastard

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Real hurthling! posted:

a kid where i teach built an all bamboo bike as a sustainability project and even rode it to school every day with regular tires on it and they had him meet obama during a potus visit and obama made fun of the bike and told him to focus on more practical inventions for our nations future. no lie.

obamna

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mr. Sharps posted:

aw are you in a hurry?? in a hurry to get somewhere???? too fuckin bad I’m looking at this bird and enjoying my day, and your agitation only makes me enjoy it even more

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Stereotype posted:

I'm not sure how to tell you this but capitalist corporate news catastrophizes everything and agressively misleads and fabricates things in order to generate anger so that you consume their dumb bullshit. you've been duped

sounds alot like mush brain Glenn thread posters :thunkher:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Milo and POTUS posted:

bikers are probably bigger assholes on average than car drivers since they skew more heavily male. personally I hate them both

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cyclists only skew male when cycling is low/unsupported. The gender disparity mostly disappears when cycling is popular in an area.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Cyclists only skew male when cycling is low/unsupported. The gender disparity mostly disappears when cycling is popular in an area.

They were talking about motorcycles, who are absolutely mostly assholes in the US.

Nobody calls cyclists "bikers" right?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

ArmZ posted:

sounds alot like mush brain Glenn thread posters :thunkher:

in almost every circumstance it's explained by either the glenn thread or the trump thread

Twerk from Home posted:

They were talking about motorcycles, who are absolutely mostly assholes in the US.

they do all the time

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I loving hate Harley riders, about half of the bikes out there are running without mufflers illegally and somehow there's zero enforcement.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Stereotype posted:

oh man, I’m so owned by this post

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Twerk from Home posted:

It's literally a joke in the original super troopers

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Twerk from Home posted:

I loving hate Harley riders, about half of the bikes out there are running without mufflers illegally and somehow there's zero enforcement.

They keep driving around my apartment lately. Was hoping this rear end in a top hat in a truck who was coordinating with them was accidentally going to run one of them over, but no luck.

mystes
May 31, 2006

A lot of motorcycle riders apparently believe that the noisier the bike, the safer they are, but it's really obnoxious

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

If you ride a motorcycle like a dong and/or have loud pipes and piss people off then at least they see you and are aware of you .Sure they get all mad and post on the Internet about it but that's their problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

500excf type r posted:

If you ride a motorcycle like a dong and/or have loud pipes and piss people off then at least they see you and are aware of you .Sure they get all mad and post on the Internet about it but that's their problem

sounds like carbrain tbh