Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it's still two months until 9/11/23 :confused:

Worst day of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
how long do you think it took the Amish to find out about 9/11?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hilario Baldness posted:

no time at all. you know they love the juicy english gossip

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it's still two months until 9/11/23 :confused:

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE6uvp4yP2c

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Here in the UK after the second plane hit, it took quite some time for the news services to get any sort of reasonable information about what the hell was going on.
I distinctly remember one news anchor saying something like “we’re getting reports that the entire eastern seaboard of the USA has been decimated”.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Stoatbringer posted:

I distinctly remember one news anchor saying something like “we’re getting reports that the entire eastern seaboard of the USA has been decimated”.

if only, OP, if only

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Hilario Baldness posted:

Well considering they were behind it...

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

CLAM DOWN posted:

if only, OP, if only

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

William Bear posted:

There's a moment toward the end of this video in Regis and Kelly's live coverage where they're unclear if the aircraft that just hit was the 2nd or the 3rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Jl73KQZeo

Kathie Lee had left by 2001?! Jesus I’m loving old as hell :(

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I remember it being a little later like "drat that was a strong as gently caress intro move" & thinking the next part would be widespread infrastructural damage that never happened. Trying to figure out how it could be done.

Without permanently hurting the economy by hitting power & transportation super hard right away Osama pretty much blew his load early. Didn't accomplish anything particularly useful.

I'd rate 9/11 more a 6/11, big and flashy, but pretty mid range in the long run

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i was in 4th grade and im pretty sure they let us watch the news all day. and i got home and my dad was glued to the tv.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Like the day after 9/11 some college friends were hanging out while another shot a time lapse video of the Savannah bridge, this guy saw them and called some tip line and told them three “Muslim looking people” were filming the bridge. They got like full investigated by the FBI. Doors kicked down at gun point, interrogated, apartments searched. These were all film students, they confiscated all their tapes. I still laugh at the poor rear end in a top hat that had to go through hundreds of hours of film student footage and attempted Jackass stunts looking for clues.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I tried to finalize this tech deal and the guy was like "Did you see what happened today?!" and I was like "yeah sure but how does that affect our tech deal"?

I did not finalize the deal that day.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
YouTube wants me to watch a video of the news coverage from different channels synced up. I probably would if it was one of those hilarious reaction videos. Or maybe it should be like one of the ones where they cry at every song yeah it should probably be that, my bad.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Dixville posted:

YouTube wants me to watch a video of the news coverage from different channels synced up. I probably would if it was one of those hilarious reaction videos. Or maybe it should be like one of the ones where they cry at every song yeah it should probably be that, my bad.

Got this vomited at me repeatedly until I caved and watched it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMVTB2aVUg0

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dixville posted:

Real question: Why watch? Why do you have to watch anything?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Got this vomited at me repeatedly until I caved and watched it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMVTB2aVUg0

Gonna watch this instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCiA0shbjJw
Happy 9/11 enjoy these rocking tunes everyone

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The "where were you?" thing is pretty much inevitable. I was getting ready for work, my wife at the time told me a plane had hit the World Trade Center, I assumed it was a private plane screwing up like what happened during WWII, made some snide comment, then got out of the shower and found out it was something very different.

Work was quiet that day, aside from our one program that involved organizing conferences all over the country and things had gone to poo poo with air travel completely frozen. Hell, trying to reach anyone by phone was a challenge.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Probably mentioned this in the last Happy 9/11 thread, but I was in the second week of my first year of college in Small town Ontario.
I was just close enough to get a Toronto station that was playing Howard Stern and my radio fired up in the morning playing the show. I think when I went in to the shower they were just talking about whatever but by the time I got out some poo poo had just started going down.

I got to school and was waiting for a lecture to start and some people were talking about it Lecture hall opens up and we all start filing in. Teacher comes out and was all like "yo there's some crazy poo poo happening, maybe you guys should go and watch the fuckin news or some poo poo" (Paraphrasing).

A bunch of people went to the school pub and we were watching it on the TVs and playing pool and air hockey.
There were people there for a while, like watching the second plane hit maybe, or possibly when one or both towers fell and all that. I went home after the bar tender showed up and told us she wasn't going to open that day. I was kinda pissed cause I wanted some beer.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Not long after 9/11, my school did an obligatory "honoring 9/11" school assemblies. If memory serves, we all had to stand as they played (I think) "God Bless The USA" and some other :911: bullshit over the P/A.

I went to a rural public high school and graduated in a class of around 140. Very conservative area. Looking back it's really amazing that I and my group of friends in homeroom were never hassled for not standing for the pledge or that I wasn't hassled for scrawling "No Blood For Oil" on my backpack around the time we were gearing up to invade Iraq.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I'd rate 9/11 more a 6/11, big and flashy, but pretty mid range in the long run

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i got some long sleeve shirts made with this graphic. its a good shirt!

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/reallifesenator/status/1701304069720035638?s=20

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Irony, cynicism and anti-American sentiment aside... oh nevermind.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
in retrospect it was pretty hosed up that our teachers all wheeling in TVs to the classrooms and had us watch it live

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
"Where were you?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ_E7Vce8vU

Yes I do remember.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Hilario Baldness posted:

in retrospect it was pretty hosed up that our teachers all wheeling in TVs to the classrooms and had us watch it live

They knew!?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'll tell you what I'll never forget about 9/11. It's the kid in my middle school home room that yelled out "kamikaze!" as soon as the teacher told us what happened. She was not happy with him.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hilario Baldness posted:

Better they did they didn't IMO.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Dixville posted:

I'll tell you what I'll never forget about 9/11. It's the kid in my middle school home room that yelled out "kamikaze!" as soon as the teacher told us what happened. She was not happy with him.

not all heroes wear cakes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Kamikaze is that link we need back to Pearl Harbor Day.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

FoglyOgly
Sep 23, 2009

Jesus Christ. That's Jason Bourne Lyta Alexander. (around the 1:40 mark)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

FoglyOgly posted:

Jesus Christ. That's Jason Bourne Lyta Alexander. (around the 1:40 mark)

Yeah, i think the director (the guy singing) was a special effects guy on B5.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

What did they do with all those BLTs they found did they add turkey to them to make them good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

If Bush was able to do 9/11 like he did, I wonder how much bigger Trump could have made it.