Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yikes

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1701176955763056938

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The division always knows how to make history happen

The kind of history you want remembered if you're there for it? Well, now, that's different

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m trying to decide what was worse, last night by the Giants or the infamous Monday Night Massacre by the Eagles against Washington like a decade ago or so.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m trying to decide what was worse, last night by the Giants or the infamous Monday Night Massacre by the Eagles against Washington like a decade ago or so.
Giants because it was all game long as opposed to one insane quarter and they weren't playing against Michael Vick. You're not going to see more go wrong for a team in a game than last night

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

You know who Washington's kicker was for the Monday Night Massacre?

Graham Gano

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Cartoon Man posted:

Washington was able to muster, like, a little bit of offense in that game. They obviously got steamrolled, but still showed some basic level of competency.

the giants

did not

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is like Pats/Titans in the snow.

e: lol

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1701122180296110189

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 11, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Epa is a fake number for dipshit eggheads who sound and look like Bill Barnwell

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

indigi posted:

Epa is a fake number for dipshit eggheads who sound and look like Bill Barnwell

I think it's useful to express a magnitude of just how bad the giants were last night. They were worse than the broncos were in the 2020 season when their entire qb room was in the covid protocol. That's really bad.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
A QB with a fast release and quick decision making would of been fine. Maybe not won the game, but not historically inept. You can feel when the QB should be throwing it and he was NOT throwing it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is Daniel Jones out of shape or something? Did he eat a bunch of Chipotle this summer and not work out?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
I just heard that my Cowboys are 11/12 and +389 vs the Giants in their last dozen meetings. feels good

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I want everyone to apologize to me for my Daniel Jones takes and if any of you fucks try to blame the o-line for that idiot holding on to the ball for 8 seconds every down I'm going to implode

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Doltos posted:

I want everyone to apologize to me for my Daniel Jones takes and if any of you fucks try to blame the o-line for that idiot holding on to the ball for 8 seconds every down I'm going to implode

Didn't most of this forum agree that Jones is poo poo?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

Your Jones takes have been like the only thing I ever agreed with you on

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

mcmagic posted:

Didn't most of this forum agree that Jones is poo poo?

Lol yes.

Doltos, are the people who think Daniel Jones is good in the room with us right now?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Doltos posted:

Can I say you were right but also implode you anyway?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I was a Daniel Jones truther. :(

Where was the guy we saw his rookie year when he was slinging it into tight windows?

I agree with Phil Simms that risk taking has been so coached out of players and that guys who have the ability to be good get coached into being poo poo with the whole “never commit a turnover, ever” mind set.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Quiet Feet posted:

Lol yes.

Doltos, are the people who think Daniel Jones is good in the room with us right now?

Lmao, lets not try to rewrite history.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

davecrazy posted:

guys who have the ability to be good get coached into being poo poo with the whole “never commit a turnover, ever” mind set.

I have bad news about Daniel Jones and turnovers

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I might've defended him the hardest by saying he's mediocre enough to keep them from ever getting a high pick but not good enough to get them into actual contention.

The Giants are in the Joe Flacco Zone

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s better than any of us . Maybe

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Last night was basically the worst case scenario for everyone involved and since we only have one game to go by it's honestly hard to make any real judgements until we get more games under them. They looked like the team I expected them to be on that first drive until the wheels/frame/entire chassis fell off starting with the false start. As long as they can run the ball and control the clock they can probably win games but any game that comes down to passing is going to be a nightmare since the O-line can't pass block and Jones isn't good enough to do anything by himself but scramble.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

euphronius posted:

Counterpoint: His quarterback rating yesterday was worse than any of ours

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Febreeze posted:

Last night was basically the worst case scenario for everyone involved and since we only have one game to go by it's honestly hard to make any real judgements until we get more games under them. They looked like the team I expected them to be on that first drive until the wheels/frame/entire chassis fell off starting with the false start. As long as they can run the ball and control the clock they can probably win games but any game that comes down to passing is going to be a nightmare since the O-line can't pass block and Jones isn't good enough to do anything by himself but scramble.

I definitely think it was a mix of weather, horrible luck, and going down so early changing your playbook enough that the Dallas D-Line were able to pin their ears back.

Still don't think Jones is going to accomplish much, but I also don't think he is as bad as he looked last night. Less bad than that.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think they'll beat the Cardinals

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shinjobi posted:

Can I say you were right but also implode you anyway?

If I blow up I hope a bone shard shrapnels you

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Doltos posted:

If you do that, Tyrod Taylor will somehow get caught in the crossfire and you're just stuck with Jones

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Cartoon Man posted:

How do both of them compare to the A Million Dicks Per Second elimination game from 2008?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Doltos posted:

fair trade

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

euphronius posted:

Untrue, put me behind center and I guarantee a better draft pick next year than you'll get with Jones.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/PhilaBCoulter/status/1701394064103387626?t=

Oh how I howled at this

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Rodgers was so scared of facing the Cowboys D next week he hurt his ankle in the 1st quarter of tonight’s game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MrMojok posted:

Rodgers was so scared of facing the Cowboys D next week he hurt his ankle in the 1st quarter of tonight’s game.

and now I'm afraid of Jets D

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

and now I'm afraid of Jets D

I'm predicting a low scoring game

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cowboys are going to send Wilson back to the shadow realm

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It'd be funnier if he absolutely shredded them (gently caress em boys) tbh.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Didn’t a decent Cowboys team get absolutely shredded by a trash Jets team a few years back?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

davecrazy posted:

Didn’t a decent Cowboys team get absolutely shredded by a trash Jets team a few years back?

Many such cases. Never forget this is the franchise that gave an expansion team their first franchise win in their first franchise game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

davecrazy posted:

Jets are 3-2 this century, and all 3 wins are their last 3 games. Cowboys haven't beat them in Dallas since Bush was in office https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-york-jets/teamvsteam?opp=9