Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Of course Pat has an ancient Nokia that can't render His Elegance's emoticons. Of course Pat is looking to fleece Ray to get into Ramathustra's good graces. Pat's Assholery remains indisputable.

Deathlove posted:

My bet was on Bennington Butters!

That could still be him underneath those glasses and all that razzle-dazzle. Doesn't look like Altimeter Tim though, alas, but Bensington Butters actually makes more sense to me, especially considering the consequences of his last appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Phy posted:

Whale 1 arrvd

Pat, you prick, at least when T and Cornelius are fleecing Ray they have the decency to do it to his face

I feel like his friends mooch off Ray more than fleece him, if anything. Pat is on a whole other order off prickishness here, though

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Teodor actively fleeced him with fake catering companies, Cornelius was just giving him what he wanted

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

A...a kid hits a terrible baseball shot in the big game...no...

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Bray-bray

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

so I noticed in American Dad S4E10 ("Tearjerker") that not only is Roger dressed like Ray in one scene

but they linger on a door with a very specific number for longer than a sight gag would require

the Transfer Station (April 2006)

okay I hope everyone is happy I did my best bye for now

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Cool bike!

Officer's Remarks: Where'd you get it?

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Who's the Pat here

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Zefiel posted:

Who's the Pat here

that’s for you to decide the first guy, IMO. seems like the city was just doing diligence

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zefiel posted:

Who's the Pat here

I mean it's clearly the person who isn't just happy with having their stolen bike returned, they're demanding a NEW lock to go with it.

The reply puts me in the mind of Lyle's note to Ray in Berlin. (Though it also makes me think of "Maybe next time you try to ruin a marriage you won't yell so clearly into the woman's teeth" for some reason.)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
also lmao at writing a public letter trying to shame a bike thief

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

JethroMcB posted:

I mean it's clearly the person who isn't just happy with having their stolen bike returned, they're demanding a NEW lock to go with it.

The person who locked their bike to a handicapped parking sign! Tell me you can't see Pat closing the u-lock and muttering smugly about "who cares if your carbon-spewing land barge is inconvenienced, should have bought a bicycle"

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Vlad's made-in-a-nanosecond 'Puzzle' he made to shame Pat in that one series of late-night interviews when Onstad went to Disneyland reveals he shouts "ME FIRST" when it's either him or a pregnant lady for the last bus seat

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
when he and rod broke up it was either a thing of arctic silence or volcanic enough to make birds fall out of trees around the block

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Pat moved Rod to Portland

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Pastry of the Year posted:

so I noticed in American Dad S4E10 ("Tearjerker") that not only is Roger dressed like Ray in one scene

but they linger on a door with a very specific number for longer than a sight gag would require

thank you i choose to believe

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

Credit where it's due, I never would have caught this. The monocle throws me off. And the fact that you managed to remember 3081 is absolutely insane to me, unless you just saw it in the show and searched OhNoRobot or whatever is cached.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Nice little writeup on Achewood. I think it did a good job of articulating some of my feelings for a web comic that's over 20 years old now :corsair:

quote:

Those little panels of coarse drawings became quite possibly the most enduring web comic of the 21st century. Those who know Achewood, know it very well. If you don’t, it sounds somewhat hyperbolic to explain the impact it had on an entire generation of a certain type of constantly online elder-millennial. It appeared in a transition period, post Y2K, pre-complete domination of every aspect of culture via the Tech Barons. It is a living document of a time just starting to go sepia toned in our collective memory banks.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

quote:

[Onstad] vividly remembers sitting at a computer lab at Stanford watching someone design the Google logo.

“I was looking at it and thinking oh that poor kid, that logo is so ugly. That company will never be anything.”

but I thought google's mom drew its logo in the car on the way to the meeting

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

My only claim to fame like that is reading (but not posting in) the thread that spawned Slenderman :(

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Zefiel posted:

My only claim to fame like that is reading (but not posting in) the thread that spawned Slenderman :(

that and also the GBS thread where everybody told the Humans of New York guy that his idea was stupid (true) and would never make any money (false)

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

and we all talked poo poo about Doobie’s Doghouse but now it’s the number 1 hot dog chain in america

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

robot roll call posted:

and we all talked poo poo about that one summer camp but now it’s the number 1 child pulverization zipline in america

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Back in college I knew the guy who made the alpha version of the Wikipedia logo, which we learned because he came to lunch one day carrying a Wikimedia Foundation royalty check

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

quote:

Those who know Achewood, know it very well.

I've remarked to a friend how only two comic strips have lodged themselves in their near-entirety into my head, Bloom County and Achewood. For some reason I have ridiculous recall for both but not any other strip, no matter how much I loved it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Its a coin toss to choose which has ruined the vocabularies of Millenials more, Achewood or Homestar Runner/Strong Bad Emails

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Until Achewood provides me with character voices that I can do to annoy my wife with, the winner is clear.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

Its a coin toss to choose which has ruined the vocabularies of Millenials more, Achewood or Homestar Runner/Strong Bad Emails

Goddamnit are you going to post my face next??

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ray and strong bad would definitely kick back with some cold ones

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
It's hard to find a high res image of Strong Sad wearing a shirt

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Youremother posted:

Until Achewood provides me with character voices that I can do to annoy my wife with, the winner is clear.

it's not much but I'm gonna link it anyway https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2sxzsg

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Lord it amazes me how terrible that whole thing is as a way to try and sell Achewood as a show, they focus on all the wrong aspects of the comic for that kind of thing

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I'm curious to see if New Achewood will show us that Onstad's learned to write a good female character, or if that remains out of his reach.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
this is really just ray going to The Smoke with extra steps and ren fair clothing

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A captain's hat and Aladdin shoes

What is this, the Tickle Trunk?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I think Ray's superior knowledge of designer goods and ability to sound profound while high will soon make him leader of this entire crew

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Or the guru just gets deposed after someone arrives who is capable of noticing his ostentatiously-expensive fashion accessories.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

drrockso20 posted:

It's true. I can't hear Faith Hill's "This Kiss" without mentally (or sometimes vocally) changing the lyrics to King Piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

garfield hentai posted:

It's hard to find a high res image of Strong Sad wearing a shirt

It's a vector animation format. You can make your own hi-res image any time you want.