Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Some new interesting challengers off the Korakuen show. Spoilered just in case.

Future: Azusa Inaba
Artist: Maika, Suzu & Megan Bayne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Watching the tag show and mirai/lady mai v the twins was surprisingly solid. It was largely mirai fighting two teenagers

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Maika/Utami vs Giulia/Suzu was great.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Crapple! posted:

Maika/Utami vs Giulia/Suzu was great.

It was really good. Very interesting little story set up for later in the year too

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It was really good. Very interesting little story set up for later in the year too

They've been doing some story building after every match pretty much. It's been a fun show. Not quite as good as some of their recent shows, but Maika/Utami vs Giulia/Suzu and Mayu/Saki vs AZM/Starlight Kid are both essential viewing. Really great matches

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
I figured this thread was the place for this.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1390116/madusa-criticizes-brock-lesnars-german-suplex-technique-suplex-city-my-rear end/

quote:

"It scares me every time I see Brock Lesnar try to do a suplex," Madusa said. "I cringe every time. Brock does that... whatever he calls a German. I yell every time. I'm like, Suplex City my rear end. That is no German suplex!"

According to the WWE Hall of Famer, she was taught to do the maneuver properly by her mentors in Japan, saying the move requires a tremendous amount of precision to prevent injury to the opponent.

It just baffles me that Madusa of all people talks about having a safe german suplex, since she did the gnarliest and most unsafe german I've ever seen on Sherri Martel, one that legitimately knocked Sherri out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qa1F_U8-8o

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wow, the smashing of the head afterward is really hosed up. It’s clear as day she’s knocked out and not at all selling. gently caress.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Crapple! posted:

They've been doing some story building after every match pretty much. It's been a fun show. Not quite as good as some of their recent shows, but Maika/Utami vs Giulia/Suzu and Mayu/Saki vs AZM/Starlight Kid are both essential viewing. Really great matches

The whole show was great I thought. I thought the matches were good at worst. Obviously a show like that can be seen as pretty throwaway but like you said they set up a lot for tag league.

Drew a pretty strong gate too. Comfortably outdrawing the n1 opening night. Stardom is very strong in the kanto region.

With the above post about Brock I never thought he was dangerous with the German suplexes. He's a big strong dude and he generally takes care of his opponent. Obviously he caved in Ortons skull but that's on management. If Madusa doesn't like Brock's Germans she shouldn't be watching joshi

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Dream Tag show was excellent. I liked all the stories they told during and after each match

It was really good to see Her Ladyship and Ruaka back. I missed them both

I really liked all the teams that had fun matching ring gear. Hazuki's gear in particular was very cool

All the matches were great especially the last two as other people said

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Tag league teams got announced. Pretty filler tournament. Mariah gone, Megan Bayne staying, Saya still injured, no Saori.

Red League:
Giulia & Thekla
Syuri & Saki Kashima
Hazuki & Koguma
Suzu Suzuki & Mei Seira
Mina Shirakawa & Waka Tsukiyama
Risa Sera & Hiragi Kurumi
Natsuko Tora & SLK
Utami Hayashishita & Lacy C

Blue League:
Maika & Megan Bayne
Mayu Iwatani & Hanan
Saya Iida & HANAKO
MIRAI & Mai Sakurai
Tam Nakano & Natsupoi
AZM & Miyu Amasaki
Momo Watanabe & Ruaka
Ami Sohrei & Yuna Mizumori

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Suzu and mei is good stuff

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I would have much preferred Suzu/Maika and Mei/Megan. Those dynamics are much more fun.

Also I forgot about the Hazuki/Tora vs Nanae/Ruaka match from the dream tag show. That was also great. I also liked the Momos vs Marianan match, especially the end when big Momo just fuckin snapped because of all the bullshit happening around her

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
putting this in spoilers since the matches are not on wrestle universe yet, but we have our the two teams that will be competing for the vacated tjpw tag team belt
free wifi and toyo mates
this might truly be the year of mahiro

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Snooze Cruise posted:

this might truly be the year of mahiro

:pray:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

yea ok posted:

Tag league teams got announced. Pretty filler tournament.

"Filler" is putting it nicely

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Power Windows posted:

"Filler" is putting it nicely

Why? It looks awesome

Although I have no idea how anyone is going to beat Maika and Megasus. They absolutely have to be the ones winning the whole thing unless they book a ton of fluke losses or draws

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
It made me wonder if they ever did a draw-off between Mina and Miu when they were both in TJPW.
https://twitter.com/MinaShirakawa/status/1701210720325775806

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I feel like chances are pretty good they were both forced to draw on an episode of Abema's TheNIGHT talk show at some point

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm a bit behind, so I saw a recent picture of Hanan and I literally had no idea it was her. I had seen her recent hair change a while ago, but I'm resisting making a Charlotte joke here.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Dream Tag was super fun! Top two matches were great but nothing was bad. Hanan and Mariah swapping outfits was a lot of fun.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Why? It looks awesome

Although I have no idea how anyone is going to beat Maika and Megasus. They absolutely have to be the ones winning the whole thing unless they book a ton of fluke losses or draws

Prominence vs. Maikasus in the finals?

What happens if Tam and Natsupoi win? Will they challenge Saori and Natsupoi for the tag titles?Considering the year Natsupoi is having if anyone could compete for two opposing teams at the same time it's her.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

international star miu
🥹 🙏

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

You better grit your teeth for this one

https://twitter.com/BigFellaThx/status/1701514888198172885

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/WhirlingAndy/status/1701531019050958970?t=InRpshMsppDkY-_m4zZ9Vg&s=19

Poor megasus does not own ordinary clothes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Meanwhile Suzu looking like an extra from an early Snoop Dogg video

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

If anyone in Finland (or within travel distance of Finland) would like to see Max the Impaler live, now's your chance. September 30th.

I think I might have to journey down to Helsinki for this.

At the risk of doxxing myself, any goons coming to see the show and not yet with a ticket, DM me for a discount.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Dang, already got my ticket. Well, gotta support local. My first Finnish-run show in 20 years (and three days).

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Tam Nakano v Suzu Suzuki was really good. I've only got time to watch the one match tonight so I picked thar one and it went hard. Tam took a really dumb bump

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
:3:

https://twitter.com/sakurahirota/status/1701467284244738207

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Watched some Ganbare Pro shows last night and I think Sayaka Unagi and Mio Momono might have become two of my favorite wrestlers overnight.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I will always recommend watching a Mio Momono -Hashimoto match. Their ring chemistry is fantastic.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Looks like Haruna Neko will be out for awhile.

https://www.ddtpro.com/news/21285

quote:

"left knee anterior cruciate ligament rupture'' and "left knee meniscal injury"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
That really sucks :/

I hope she recovers quickly but ACLs are usually like a year long recovery and rehab process

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

She just came back from injury too :(

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Pray for Miu.
https://twitter.com/uug_p_miu/status/1702384120574386443

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
https://www.ddtpro.com/news/21288

drat. Mizuki, Kamiyu, Nao, Mahiro, Raku, and HIMAWARI are all unable to participate in the show on the 16th due to illness.

Aniki once again filling in last minute.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

My mom's gonna be in Florida at the right time and I told her about the Spark show and she's super excited to go :3:

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 15, 2023

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

https://www.ddtpro.com/news/21288

drat. Mizuki, Kamiyu, Nao, Mahiro, Raku, and HIMAWARI are all unable to participate in the show on the 16th due to illness.

Aniki once again filling in last minute.

loving COVID

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Power Windows posted:

loving COVID

This time I believe it's just the flu. Whenever someone is out because of COVID, they just straight up say that someone "had symptoms of a fever and was tested and found to be positive for the new coronavirus". Kamiyu also said she tested negative.

Haru was out on the 9th for COVID, and Suzume was out on the 3rd for it, which was why Yoppy wrestled Hikari.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
In other news, Rika Tatsumi vs Max the Impaler at Wrestle Princess IV is a double title match, with both the International Princess title and the NWA World Women's Television Championship title on the line.

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1702899371837407289

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
A terrifying, implacable juggernaut that doesn't even look back at the bodies it leaves trampled in its wake faces off against Max the Impaler