Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

saladscooper posted:

i am suspicious of the fact that you asked this question. it smells of you knowing a good deal more about the setup than is contained in your own role and for that i must ##vote mycelia

to explain more thoroughly, i don't think there's a town motivation to just ask "are there protective roles in this game" or "are there killing roles in this game" unless your single role is extremely dependent on one of those classes existing. i think it's more likely you're partnered with someone, or someones, and the info you have together is what drove you to ask keats this question

The class in question does in fact interact significantly with my role, which is why I asked about it. I'm...I actually didn't ask specifically if I'm part of the class but flavour wise it would make sense if I was, but I can't affect myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

mafedit: the class in question is not one traditionally used in Mafia games (so not killing, protection etc). It's more like...flavour? But also has a mechanic aspect. You're correct that there's not much point me asking about those!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I feel like everyone who's been really active is town so far and that's just not really changing, time to poke somebody who isn't posting. ##vote Josef

Willing to switch to toal or taste since they're also practically non-existent if Josef shows up.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

EGalz18 posted:

I can try if you explain what that is! So I know what to dream about
Unless it's a jokephase thing, in which case... I wasn't here, and I didn't fall for any silliness

3Ps aka Third Parties are essentially another group of players with a separate wincon beyond "controlling the vote [scum]" or "eliminating all threats to town [town]".

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Is everyone else roleplaying someone else in the game?

Also I'm KEYWORD: STRESSED IRL and ready for the sun to wink out on this whole stupid affair, but I'll try and get properly caught up today instead of just poo poo posting.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.

Tired Moritz posted:

3Ps aka Third Parties are essentially another group of players with a separate wincon beyond "controlling the vote [scum]" or "eliminating all threats to town [town]".

Gotcha gotcha. On it!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I feel like everyone who's been really active is town so far and that's just not really changing, time to poke somebody who isn't posting. ##vote Josef

Willing to switch to toal or taste since they're also practically non-existent if Josef shows up.

I feel like the day taste doesn't get a D1 lurker warning is the day I assume he's scum.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I imagine there's probably someone out there who can break the curse with a low number of requirements, but a high difficulty of attaining them, and some with very easy to attain requirements, but several of them.

However, at this point in time, setup speculation seems unfruiful. I don't really feel inspired to do the whole yes/no question thing about the setup, but I'd ask:
1. Can alignments be changed?
2. Are there more than 2 factions (town/stalker)?
3. Are x-shot abilities going to be granted over the course of the game?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Day 1 posting, let's go

I dunno why but every game Zoya pings me as 3P, just a mischievous scamp

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Idle Amalgam posted:

I imagine there's probably someone out there who can break the curse with a low number of requirements, but a high difficulty of attaining them, and some with very easy to attain requirements, but several of them.

However, at this point in time, setup speculation seems unfruiful. I don't really feel inspired to do the whole yes/no question thing about the setup, but I'd ask:
1. Can alignments be changed?
2. Are there more than 2 factions (town/stalker)?
3. Are x-shot abilities going to be granted over the course of the game?

Those are really good questions, especially the first.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Maugrim posted:

I feel like the day taste doesn't get a D1 lurker warning is the day I assume he's scum.

Taste was a superpowered 3P SK in Illu's game and they lurked pretty hard to endgame.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

saladscooper posted:

hi whatr happened in the past 80 or so posts

also this, goddamn I have one busy day and have to read a novel to catch up

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Initial vibes:

Cube/snooze looking like they're trying hard to solve and scum hunt, initial town vibes, so far in most games I've been in the posters who do that poo poo haven't started me wrong... yet

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Opo is pinging me slightly? Pure vibe based though

Zoya not reading is pinging me as town/3P (if they exist)

Schwinn automatically suspicious because replacement, pretty sure 80% of replacements in my games have been scum so far

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Maugrim posted:

I mean yeah, it's taste, but it's never not going to bug me and he's potentially messing himself up anyway given the lurker rules.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe I'll do a big effortpost of everyone eventually but I'd rather get more info/votes first tbh

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

Schwinn automatically suspicious because replacement, pretty sure 80% of replacements in my games have been scum so far

:raise: Shwin's not a replacement, Maugrim is and Shwin's sussing him for that.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
But the replacement was before game start

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

:raise: Shwin's not a replacement, Maugrim is and Shwin's sussing him for that.

Looks like I also can't read!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yeah fosing someone for replacing before the game start is a bit dumb

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Maugrim posted:

Yeah these role PMs are... impressive

I N0 subbed in for Lamp but I'm apparently not in votefinder yet, which probably means I can't vote? Testing...

##vote Iggy

Gonna redeem my literacy by noting that maug still isn't in the OP, smdh

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Idle Amalgam posted:

But the replacement was before game start

Yeah, which looks weird on shwin and even weirder that Hal went along with it. Of those I'd go with Hal being more suspicious because shwin's been unmoored from logic and reason too many times as town and I've kind of given up on trying to figure out if he's scum just based on if he makes common sense or not.

Gonna see if I can summon somebody new now that Josef's shown up and more or less passed the smell test. ##vote toal

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

saladscooper posted:

i'm glad you asked!

this is the post that is getting my goat rn, i don't like how it expresses an opinion on meen's claim without actually -talking- about it - feels bandwagon-y in a bad way rather than a loweffort town way

that being said y'all are probably right that we shouldn't vote her while she's being chain probed and can't defend herself

So you made this up the moment someone asked, didn’t you

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Yeah, which looks weird on shwin and even weirder that Hal went along with it. Of those I'd go with Hal being more suspicious because shwin's been unmoored from logic and reason too many times as town and I've kind of given up on trying to figure out if he's scum just based on if he makes common sense or not.

Gonna see if I can summon somebody new now that Josef's shown up and more or less passed the smell test. ##vote toal

The challenge I have with Toal is they usually play "normal" games as if they were on JK's wild ride. Which is going to make it difficult to interpret basically anything they're saying.

On the other hand, Toal is a pretty good scumhunter.

I approve the nudge.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah fosing someone for replacing before the game start is a bit dumb

More than a bit

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Seems like the most entertaining thing to do at the moment would be to ##vote opop and make him vote himself at deadline

Or else out himself as a dirty untrustworthy liar (or scum)

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

JosefStalinator posted:

Gonna redeem my literacy by noting that maug still isn't in the OP, smdh

Lol, no rereading me for you

If you're looking for a case from me I haven't made one yet. I'm a bit peeved that my default scum pick is getting chain probed so there's nothing to analyse there. Pings otherwise so far have been pmuzz for that wide-eyed "ooh my husband was so cruel to me last game" earlier, and either Hal or Opop from that little interaction with shwin.

My Meendar says he's town which is nice because I like people to have fun playing Mafia.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maugrim posted:

Lol, no rereading me for you

If you're looking for a case from me I haven't made one yet. I'm a bit peeved that my default scum pick is getting chain probed so there's nothing to analyse there. Pings otherwise so far have been pmuzz for that wide-eyed "ooh my husband was so cruel to me last game" earlier, and either Hal or Opop from that little interaction with shwin.

My Meendar says he's town which is nice because I like people to have fun playing Mafia.

What about the interaction with shwinn pings you, and why is shwinn not also suspicious from it?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
gonna be out of commission for the next several hours cause of root canals

i'm terrified and in case i spontaneously have a stroke and die in the dentist's chair, it was nice knowing y'all

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.

saladscooper posted:

gonna be out of commission for the next several hours cause of root canals

i'm terrified and in case i spontaneously have a stroke and die in the dentist's chair, it was nice knowing y'all

Yikes bikes! That doesn't sound like fun at all. Please don't die! Silver lining might be that you get some extra magical dreams from the dentist drugs, though?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Seems like the most entertaining thing to do at the moment would be to ##vote opop and make him vote himself at deadline

Or else out himself as a dirty untrustworthy liar (or scum)

I'll just vote for the second place person. You look so foolish now, an absolute goon

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I'll just vote for the second place person. You look so foolish now, an absolute goon

Oh I guess it's ok to just rewrite the rules whenever we want!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EGalz18 posted:

Yikes bikes! That doesn't sound like fun at all. Please don't die! Silver lining might be that you get some extra magical dreams from the dentist drugs, though?

Probably would be hard pressed to vote anyone who says "yikes bikes", at least on D1

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Oh I guess it's ok to just rewrite the rules whenever we want!

this alone makes opop scum imo

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

looks like salad rolled scum this game, you really hate to see it folks :baduk:

gonna ##vote SA's lad scooper before my vote gets locked in again for the next 6 hours, see y'all again later tonight, probably!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

So you made this up the moment someone asked, didn’t you

really feels that way

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##vote stalin last bout of posts scummy imo

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sure is hard to make anything happen in these giant games

Hal Incandenza