Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah the only thing they've shipped for me was the mibots or whatever they're called.

The USB sticks? I didn't get those, either :(

All I got was the christmas card and the 3D glasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Gamera Vs. Jiger owned. It was nice having an Extra Long episode of MST3K.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Upsidads posted:

Must be nice
Well when they shipped the 3D glasses I got an empty box so I’m gonna wait a while before celebrating.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

WhiteHowler posted:

I'd forgotten how hard they went on Gizmoplex branding on all of the merch. I know they're trying to get the streaming service's name everywhere, but I wish everything just had MST3k branding.

If they do another crowdfunding I'll definitely back it, but probably only to the "get all of the episodes" level from now on.

Mine arrived Saturday. I agree with the lack of MST3K branding, but the product quality seems great. The popcorn bucket is HUGE and the accompanying cup with the paper cutouts of the characters is adorable.

Most of all I was impressed by the posters. They're incredible. I didn't expect them to be nearly so cool. I want to get them framed for the foyer/projector room where I keep a handful of other movie props and posters.

I also think the posters may have helped cause the shipping to be so complicated. They had to include a 3-foot-long tube along with a bunch of other stuff which could fit into a square box. Smart move would have been to ship the tube separately, but maybe that was more expensive than shoving it all into a long rectangular box with a bunch of padding paper stuffed in, which is what they ended up doing. I'm just happy I finally got it, though.

When it arrived I was actually on vacation in Disney World and I finally got around to getting reservations at the Sci-Fi Dine-In, a restaurant in Hollywood Studios themed to a 50's drive-in where the tables are convertible cars pointed at a giant screen that plays a series of extremely riffable sci-fi B-movie clips. I was delighted to see a few MST3k staples like the Giant Gila Monster, Amazing Colossal Man, and Horror of Party Beach. Plan 9 got some shoutouts as well. They knew exactly what they were doing with this concept to make it very MST-adjacent, and the food was great too. I wore my Time Bubble shirt and had a blast.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Funny thing about the shipping is that for me it even got delayed on Fed Ex's end. I was supposed to get it today but it just sat around at a distribution center from 6pm yesterday to 6pm today

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i have never not had that happen with fedex. they are my least favorite shipper

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

USPS > UPS > throwing your package in a dumpster and hoping it arrives to your intended destination > FedEx

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

USPS > UPS > throwing your package in a dumpster and hoping it arrives to your intended destination > FedEx

truth

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

My physical rewards just showed up. The hoodie is made from a really thin material, but otherwise seems nice enough. Perfectly fine for wearing around the house on a cool day.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I still haven't even gotten my shipping notification. :geno:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Funny thing about the shipping is that for me it even got delayed on Fed Ex's end. I was supposed to get it today but it just sat around at a distribution center from 6pm yesterday to 6pm today

Got my notification yesterday.

Today, the detailed tracking doesn't even say that Fed Ex has my package yet.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Vip must stand for Very Impaired Parcel

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

The riff was...wrong?

https://twitter.com/SandyofCthulhu/status/1702067654297633038?t=8RcMXZzo3Ksh8CbJyclwRg&s=19

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I mean, technically the riff itself is perfectly accurate.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Yeah, the riff's just referencing the movie title.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My cat has really enjoyed the box the rewards came in. It is long, wide and was full of paper.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Movie marketing really lost something when it stopped being so openly sensationalistic.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wheres my poo poo joel?! You nerd.
It's mid September
I'll calm down with a Turkey day

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

You've placed Amazon too high on this list.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Keromaru5 posted:

Movie marketing really lost something when it stopped being so openly sensationalistic.

What are you going to do with your free coffin?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Related, I just finished watching Season 13 for the first time. That was honestly better than both Netflix seasons in my opinion, I got used to female Crow way quicker than I expected (Emily was on point from the start though) and it was fun seeing Joel again (also the cameo appearance of Tom’s original voice).

Sort of curious how they’re going to handle the next one though without doing a full reboot (I believe they’ve confirmed Felicia Day’s not coming back for another round at least) but I look forward to seeing what they come up with

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Larryb posted:

Related, I just finished watching Season 13 for the first time. That was honestly better than both Netflix seasons in my opinion, I got used to female Crow way quicker than I expected (Emily was on point from the start though) and it was fun seeing Joel again (also the cameo appearance of Tom’s original voice).

Sort of curious how they’re going to handle the next one though without doing a full reboot (I believe they’ve confirmed Felicia Day’s not coming back for another round at least) but I look forward to seeing what they come up with

Have they said anything about when or how a new season would happen? Or was it just Felicia Day saying she’s done doing the show in the event it comes back?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I AM GRANDO posted:

Have they said anything about when or how a new season would happen? Or was it just Felicia Day saying she’s done doing the show in the event it comes back?

As I understand it, Joel mostly just said “It’s happening” during the panel last December but there hasn’t been any update since to my knowledge

https://forums.mst3k.com/t/season-14-details/26992

So who knows basically

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 14, 2023

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Did I miss Felicia saying she wasn’t coming back for a new season?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TL posted:

Did I miss Felicia saying she wasn’t coming back for a new season?

Yeah, I’m not 100% sure on that one myself (I didn’t even know about Joel announcing another season until I saw that forum post and attached pictures). Can anyone confirm or deny?

I’ve also heard rumblings that they won’t be putting any more new stuff on the Gizmoplex website and will be going to another service if/when another season happens but I’m not sure how true that is either (and if so that seems weird to me considering the whole reason they made that site in the first place)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Got my poo poo. It's nice. Now to put most of it away and never look at it again.

I'm glad to have the season on Blu-Ray though. It will go well with the rest of the ones I have on DVD. Guess I should buy the Netflix sets too so I have a complete set (except a few individual titles released way back in the day).

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Did I miss something in Doctor Mordrid? How did the love interest get the amulet and how did the police tie that into all the crimes that were happening?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I heard Patton Oswald died 6 years ago and it was a cg stand in anyone able to confirm the hologram will be in the next season?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I don't see why they'd stop using the Gizmoplex when crowdfunding pays for the production itself, but I still don't understand why Netflix would cancel a show it didn't have to pay to make, so what the gently caress do I know?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, the only thing we do know for sure that I can find proof of is that Joel said another season is happening (but that was announced back in December of last year and there's been no further word since then)

Is most of the MST3K staff part of SAG? The strike might have something to do with the delay as well come to think of it

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 15, 2023

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I definitely heard somewhere that the show is on pause during the strike.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Joel reportedly said a couple months ago that there would probably be another Kickstarter after the strikes are resolved.

https://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=33816

I don’t love the idea of having to do a Kickstarter every season, because I feel like they’re bound to run into diminishing returns, but hopefully they won’t need as much since they’re not starting from scratch.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m sort of curious how/if they’re going to continue from where 13 left off or just start fresh with a new host and Mads. Then again, it was never really explained how the Bots got back to the SOL in Season 11 (though you could say it’s a new set and the original Tom and Crow are still crashing with Mike) so it’s possible they’ll just handwave it away somehow.

Speaking of Mike, it’d be cool if they managed to get him back for a cameo or something but I’m not sure how likely that is

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Larryb posted:

I’m sort of curious how/if they’re going to continue from where 13 left off or just start fresh with a new host and Mads. Then again, it was never really explained how the Bots got back to the SOL in Season 11 (though you could say it’s a new set and the original Tom and Crow are still crashing with Mike) so it’s possible they’ll just handwave it away somehow.

Speaking of Mike, it’d be cool if they managed to get him back for a cameo or something but I’m not sure how likely that is

I just treat all the new stuff as a series reboot.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

I just treat all the new stuff as a series reboot.

Though they did bring Joel back and both sets of Bots seem to have all their memories but like I said, that stuff can be easily handwaved away.

I still kind of like to see Mike again though assuming he’d be willing to come back

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

I still kind of like to see Mike again though assuming he’d be willing to come back

As long as he doesn't have to fly, he probably would be.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
They also said, pre-strike, that they didn’t want to launch the next kickstarter while people were still waiting for the physical rewards from the last one. So it may be a while yet.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Larryb posted:

Trying to avoid brand confusion with Rifftrax seems like part of why he limits his involvement to live events, but he’s never said anything about it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
He has a condition that makes flying extremely painful as well. Think he's said that's a major reason why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Just give us another live tour. Making Contact was a goddamn masterpiece.