Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

cant wait for the zelda movie and for them to say everything different to peoples internal pronunciations
I was thrown to learn it's High-lian not Hill-ian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

snoremac posted:

I was thrown to learn it's High-lian not Hill-ian.

Big same

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Isn't that the army from Beyond Good & Evil

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Link, I bid you welcome to our kingdom. Welcome... to heerule.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
There's absolutely no winning when someone says Kakariko Village

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Link, I bid you welcome to our kingdom. Welcome... to hee-rule-AY

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Raylax posted:

No, your Cock-a-reek-o

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
kuhKAH-rihCOh

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Raylax posted:

Kah-Kah-Ree-Koh. It's just Japanese kanji.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bug Squash posted:

Multiplayer was a solid fun time at least. Not compared to 2d bomberman of course, but I son many a game by picking up the transmittable suicide power up that gave you ludicrous speed before you exploded.

The mechanic where once you died you could run around as a ghost and temporarily possess people and if you got them killed you'd come back was a great way to keep people engaged in an otherwise-elimination format and I'm not sure why more of the Bombermans didn't do it.

I think one of the SNES ones had something similar.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Waffle! posted:

Opening scene of Gannon throwing Link off a floating island:

*record scratch*

"Yup, that's me. I bet you're wondering how I got into this situation..."

“Baba O'Riley” by The Who starts playing.

I'd get in line for a high concept fantasy TLOZ movie, give me Excalibur but with Koroks. Bonus points if there's a Dredd-like main character in Link where he never actually speaks.

But I know deep down we're gonna get another pop-song infused Shrek-esque slog. probably Link will be voiced by Ben Schwartz, with all kinds of jokes. not comedy but straight jokes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Super-NintendoUser posted:

I'd get in line for a high concept fantasy TLOZ movie, give me Excalibur but with Koroks. Bonus points if there's a Dredd-like main character in Link where he never actually speaks.

But I know deep down we're gonna get another pop-song infused Shrek-esque slog. probably Link will be voiced by Ben Schwartz, with all kinds of jokes. not comedy but straight jokes.

Zelda CDi; The Motion Picture!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My ideal Zelda movie is done in a Ghibli style or Laika style stop motion and has a somewhat melancholy tone with some wacky characters here and there. I pretty much want them to strike the balance Links Awakening did

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Link, I bid you welcome to our kingdom. Welcome... to heerule.

Yeah, that's just how they say it in the french dub.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

How far in advance do they announce the Directs, like 2-3 days?

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Kah-Kah-Ree-Koh. It's just Japanese kanji.

Kah-kah-rih-koh surely, then, with a short 'i' sound and not 'ee', like ka-carry-ko

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Mons Hubris posted:

Almost always the day before at 11 pm JST.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I know most people would prefer Ocarina of Time for the film treatment but my dream Zelda would be Link to the Past done in a Frank Frazetta style complete with Basil Poledouris instrumentation. Bring it back to basics with sword and sorcery.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Majora's Mask movie, please!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Zelda II movie, Zach Galifianakis as Error.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Okay but who would be cast as Tingle

Will Farrell

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

man nurse posted:

Will Farrell

Zack Fox. :colbert:

Or Walton Goggins. :getin:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

man nurse posted:

Will Farrell

Kevin Hart.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Link is a literal name so it should basically be The Neverending Story but in Hyrule

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Movies are dumb you can't even tell the character where to go and exploration is essentially non existent

Don't get me started on the puzzles, they're always very simple and solve themselves in a matter of minutes 🤬

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

man nurse posted:

Will Farrell

Katt Williams

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mons Hubris posted:

It's usually like exactly 24 or 48 hours beforehand and general Directs typically seem to be either Tuesdays or Thursdays so I'd wager if we don't hear about one by 7 or 8 am pacific tomorrow it's not happening.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Manoueverable posted:

It's usually like exactly 24 or 48 hours beforehand and general Directs typically seem to be either Tuesdays or Thursdays so I'd wager if we don't hear about one by 7 or 8 am pacific tomorrow it's not happening.

It's not happening until next week.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Bill Murray in his prime could've been an amazing Tingle

like imagine a younger Bill Murray trying to sell you a map and also convince you he's a member of the fey folk, not just a regular guy who lives with his disappointed dad

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

MassRafTer posted:

It's not happening until next week.

Oh, I'd been under the impression the rumors were talking about it being this week. Never mind then.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You’ll be happier ignoring rumors. Nintendo will advertise to you eventually no need to get into a tiresome anticipation loop

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There will be no direct. There will be no Switch 2. Mario Wonder has been canceled. Video games are canceled.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Manoueverable posted:

Oh, I'd been under the impression the rumors were talking about it being this week. Never mind then.

Rumors mean dick all. Just ignore them and you will be happier.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I mean I'm very much the type that doesn't believe a Direct is happening until I see the official tweet, so I was more looking for a reason to say "oops looks like they missed the announcement window, I guess the rumormongers are full of poo poo again."

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There will be no direct. There will be no Switch 2. Mario Wonder has been canceled. Video games are canceled.

I skimmed and misread this as Mario Windwaker. And honestly, good riddance to a game of nothing but Mario water levels. We deserve better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Manoueverable posted:

I mean I'm very much the type that doesn't believe a Direct is happening until I see the official tweet, so I was more looking for a reason to say "oops looks like they missed the announcement window, I guess the rumormongers are full of poo poo again."

the rumormongers are mostly full of poo poo because a direct has occurred in September for like the last 6 years or some poo poo so it takes zero insider info to predict one

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
You get your news from insider rumors?? Talk about nintendo indirect

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the rumormongers are mostly full of poo poo because a direct has occurred in September for like the last 6 years or some poo poo so it takes zero insider info to predict one

this most recent Twitter dude everyone's talking about correctly predicted the Wonder announcement and a few other things from that direct so ppl are more inclined to believe him

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
All that bomberman talk earlier and no one mentioned Super Bomberman R2 is coming out tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

WHY BONER NOW posted:

All that bomberman talk earlier and no one mentioned Super Bomberman R2 is coming out tomorrow

Did they make graphics this time?

The clipart mess of the last one was a real turnoff