Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
also thanks for :spiderguy: identification help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

thebardyspoon posted:

They look like Jalapeno Wotsits from the bag? Is that basically what they are cause I could see that being alright if they are textually better than Wotsits possibly, maybe more like Nik Naks in consistency would be good.

I've not tried them specifically but I feel like I have heard about them from somewhere, whoever it was was raving about them. I really like the bags of smashed up jalapeno pretzels you can get in some places as well.

Home Bargains used to have American Crunchy Cheetos jalapeno and cheese and they were top tier crisps. I've no idea why Walkers don't launch them here instead of their boring Crunchy Wotsits.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It really annoys me that you can’t get the Cheesy Cheetos that are like a super cheesy version of a Nik Nak here on a reliable basis. Pretty much every other country has them in any old shop

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Everyone’s favourite Good Tory spook is finding the heat from mildly defending Jeremiah Crebbins too much

https://twitter.com/rorystewartuk/status/1701631015586804142?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I had some Tomato & Basil Lay's Baked while on holiday recently and they were really nice.
And then back home it's Salted or Salt & Vinegar, or gently caress off why aren't those good enough for you?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I tell you what’s great - Oregano Lays. Had them in Greece recently. Sort of “pizza - ish” flavour but more sophisticated. Delightful

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

TACD posted:

It’s exceedingly stupid and thank goodness I never spent money on any dumb poo poo like Pogs or Gogos or trading cards when I was a kid 👀

I feel this is one of the more bizarre kid trends. Atleast with pigs, pokemon cards or yo-yos you got something at the end you kept.

Kids are begging their parents drive for miles to buy an energy drink.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Peak 2020s is "it's all about the experience, not material possessions" and the experience is

Chubby Henparty posted:

£3 for some cherry cordial
and

Jakabite posted:

It’s loving gross too

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mega Comrade posted:

I feel this is one of the more bizarre kid trends. Atleast with pigs, pokemon cards or yo-yos you got something at the end you kept.

Kids are begging their parents drive for miles to buy an energy drink.

You’re risking sounding a bit like your dad here. Kids like dumb gaudy poo poo and these days it’s not from TV adverts it’s from a couple of shyster conmen on YouTube

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In my day we got dumb poo poo from the back of magazines and the Argos catalogue and didn't have to care which shyster conmen were selling it! :corsair:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

smellmycheese posted:

You’re risking sounding a bit like your dad here. Kids like dumb gaudy poo poo and these days it’s not from TV adverts it’s from a couple of shyster conmen on YouTube

We liked all sorts of dumb poo poo. But I don't recall a drink or food item being fad like this.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
anyone got any political opinions

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Everyone’s favourite Good Tory spook is finding the heat from mildly defending Jeremiah Crebbins too much

https://twitter.com/rorystewartuk/status/1701631015586804142?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

jumbly crumbly destroys another promising centrist's career, truly the monster of all monsters

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
tory bad

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

yes I'm just laughing as the curse strikes freely

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

He's over the moon that Mr Beast is in the new TMNT, I didn't think he was on his list of known youtube idiots.

In other news, the new TMNT is really good

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Trading standards should look into this

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

yes I'm just laughing as the curse strikes freely

I was replying to Nuclear Spoon but you just HAD to make a post to get in the way didn't you :colbert:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Microplastics posted:

I was replying to Nuclear Spoon but you just HAD to make a post to get in the way didn't you :colbert:

:justpost:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
rory stewart is a haunted leprechaun

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Thank you thread for terminating the 400 posts on that topic (removed a remark in view of the posts that follow)

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Now I've had my nana nap, I shall peruse the twitters, reddits and various news outlets to find some political opinions to have.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 12, 2023

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

the [redacted] should be [redacted] by means of swift [redacted] and that might help a bit, least once everything gets hosed down a bit

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Nuclear Spoon posted:

if you thought that 45 trillion in reparations the indians were asking for was bad just wait until we reunite Ireland and have you all searching hell to bring us Cromwell's ghost.

Oct 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/MichaelRosenYes/status/1701601841585537228

I thought this had been dropped years ago

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Trading standards should look into this

Pro tip - decant your fairy fluid into a large pump bottle (like the ones that come from body wash or shampoo). Easier to dispense.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

just stand the bottle the other way up

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DesperateDan posted:

the [redacted] should be [redacted] by means of swift [redacted] and that might help a bit, least once everything gets hosed down a bit

Is this like algebra and all the redacteds have to be the same word?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Specifically not dog phrenologists though.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

OwlFancier posted:

you can make it work either way if it's swift enough if I remember my physics right

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kecske posted:

just stand the bottle the other way up
The old ones are like that anyway, covering it in branding outright stating that's not what to do now and then you just do it the proper way anyway makes it bad labelling.

Z the IVth posted:

Pro tip - decant your fairy fluid into a large pump bottle (like the ones that come from body wash or shampoo). Easier to dispense.
I do that for the hibiscrub already but yeah, getting another one is probably the best idea.

OwlFancier posted:

the alert should be alert by means of swift alert and that might help a bit

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

There's a shop near me that was selling Prime for £8 a bottle when the fad first started. They were placed on the counter next to the card machine.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o
The shops around here seemed to have bought a lot of the American Prime Energy cans when the fad first started (they were 355ml cans). One was selling them for £9.99 each, they're now three for £6. Other shops are selling them £2 each. May have cocked their ordering up a bit there I think.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Can you put a lead on a snake?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

You have to put them in a Pringles tube and carry it around with you.

A lot of fun when one of your friends wants some Pringles tho :yaycloud:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Prime bottles were 15 euros in my local shop, now down to 10 last time I saw them. And are stored behind the counter

When they first went big, I was in the shop when a group of fuckwit youths came in, went to the drink section as one, and was obvious they were trying to shop lift.
Then one kicked off shouting where was the Prime, and when pointed out it was behind the counter stated to haggle about the price.

A few split off the main group and tried to get around the counter to get to the Prime, but were blocked by the shop keepers.
Then shouty rear end in a top hat picked up a redbull and threw it at the keeper, and all ran.

loving hard men.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpAXuFACQ50

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I work with multiple men in their 30s and 40s who spent time scouting every shop for bottles when they were all sold out.

loving why. I get kids being caught up in that sort of hype - gently caress knows I did - but at a certain point it's just another loving sugar drink.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

stev posted:

I work with multiple men in their 30s and 40s who spent time scouting every shop for bottles when they were all sold out.

loving why. I get kids being caught up in that sort of hype - gently caress knows I did - but at a certain point it's just another loving sugar drink.

What kind of work do you do that attracts ... such folk?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

Then shouty rear end in a top hat picked up a redbull and threw it at the keeper, and all ran.
If he hasn't thrown it they could have had a red bull to share.

Schoolboy error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

What if there were no rhetorical questions?
Dear goons,

I revive my long dormant account to bring dreadful news.

On Sunday afternoon, Henry Hamilton -- Camrath, to Something Awful -- took his own life. Wednesday 13th September would have been his 42nd birthday.

As you might imagine, Henry’s family are distraught (as indeed am I), and there is a lot now for them to have to arrange.

That's the official announcement. On a less formal note: Joey, his wife, is in pieces; so are his friends from every corner of the internet and the real world. And so am I. He was my best buddy, travelling companion, bandmate, beta reader, partner in crime, co-adventurer, collaborator, and inspiration for a full twenty years. It is not hyperbole to state that he was the best friend I had, or could imagine having. I have had relationships lasting years with lovers to whom I was less close than I was to him.

He was a catalyst; he was a force of nature. He changed people, almost always for the better. He opened doors for his friends, and then kicked them through.

He saved my life; he saved at least two others', and that's just those he preserved by direct action.

When they made him, they didn't just break the mould; they took the fragments away in hi-viz jackets and tongs, to place in permanent quarantine.

I'm sorry to get all sincere and preachy at you cynical goon types, but: be good to yourselves, and to your friends. Cut them, and yourself, as much slack as you can. And if you're in a place bad enough that you're considering ending it, don't. Please don't. Find help. Talk.

Right, end of sermon. Someone ban the bloody man's account.

Klepsie