Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

drat, sorry to hear that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

What if there were no rhetorical questions?
Oh, one more thing about Camrath.

He made fudge. Good fudge... no: splendid fudge.

Many of you bought it and enjoyed it. He'd like me to thank you, I'm sure.

Fudjit will not die with Camrath. For the last 18 months or so, his assistant, Russ (who also happens to be my partner) has been his invaluable assistant in the fudge racket.

It was Camrath's wish that Russ should inherit his company and continue to make the best bloody fudge on this planet, to Cam's recipes.

This has been willed where what is willed must be, as the saying goes.

Obviously there will be a spot of downtime while the take-over goes on behind the scenes. I'll make sure that SA is kept up to date, and once sales re-open, you will be the first to know.

Thanks.

Richybird
Apr 12, 2007
hi im rich
RIP Camrath :(

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Aw gently caress, gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ah gently caress :(

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

RIP Camrath, he was a good person and I always enjoyed our chats.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Jesus Christ.

I'm so so sorry, to you and your partner and your friends and everyone who knew him. Based solely on posts here he seemed like an extremely good and kind dude, and this is a tragedy.

Be well and hug your loved ones close.

RIP Henry

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

God drat, that's come out of nowhere. Didn't get to meet him but we ran in similar larp circles so I did hope we would. I hope he's found whatever peace he was looking for.

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

Failed Imagineer posted:

Based solely on posts here he seemed like an extremely good and kind dude, and this is a tragedy.

I doubt you'll be surprised to be told that this is exactly what he was. Sometimes he liked to appear the flint-hearted ogre, and he could do so convincingly -- LARP gave him a ton of practice at playing the bad guy -- but if ever it came to the crunch, he was pure gold.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Klepsie posted:

Dear goons,

I revive my long dormant account to bring dreadful news.

On Sunday afternoon, Henry Hamilton -- Camrath, to Something Awful -- took his own life. Wednesday 13th September would have been his 42nd birthday.

As you might imagine, Henry’s family are distraught (as indeed am I), and there is a lot now for them to have to arrange.

That's the official announcement. On a less formal note: Joey, his wife, is in pieces; so are his friends from every corner of the internet and the real world. And so am I. He was my best buddy, travelling companion, bandmate, beta reader, partner in crime, co-adventurer, collaborator, and inspiration for a full twenty years. It is not hyperbole to state that he was the best friend I had, or could imagine having. I have had relationships lasting years with lovers to whom I was less close than I was to him.

He was a catalyst; he was a force of nature. He changed people, almost always for the better. He opened doors for his friends, and then kicked them through.

He saved my life; he saved at least two others', and that's just those he preserved by direct action.

When they made him, they didn't just break the mould; they took the fragments away in hi-viz jackets and tongs, to place in permanent quarantine.

I'm sorry to get all sincere and preachy at you cynical goon types, but: be good to yourselves, and to your friends. Cut them, and yourself, as much slack as you can. And if you're in a place bad enough that you're considering ending it, don't. Please don't. Find help. Talk.

Right, end of sermon. Someone ban the bloody man's account.

Klepsie

Well that's just sad to hear. Goondolences :(

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Nearly 3 years ago, I asked to be one of the fudge freebie people at Christmas, graciously funded by a Good EggTM. I did so by way of emailing Camrath and explained that it was not for me but for the stroke ward my mother was on and he should throw in a bunch of fudjit cards. He did so and was very kind in his email.

His fudge was very much so enjoyed by the nurses and doctors on the ward (the white chocolate with cranberries lasted about 10 minutes apparently).

One of the good ones has died. I shall be ever more intolerant of bad ones.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
What the gently caress? No :( I'm so sorry to you and to his family.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Klepsie posted:

I doubt you'll be surprised to be told that this is exactly what he was. Sometimes he liked to appear the flint-hearted ogre, and he could do so convincingly -- LARP gave him a ton of practice at playing the bad guy -- but if ever it came to the crunch, he was pure gold.

When my time comes (hopefully long aways), I hope to have friends to speak so kindly on my behalf.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
That's truly awful news, I'm so sorry.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Oh god that’s so sad :( he was a great guy and I’m so so sorry for your loss, and that of all who knew him well. RIP goon fudge man, you’ll be missed.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
well, balls

Klepsie, you might consider posting in the In Memoriam thread in SAD as well.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911290

AstraZenmaster
Jun 28, 2004
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
I don't even post here, or barely ever, I just lurk... but even so this feels like a massive punch to the gut. My sincere condolences to you and all who knew him. From the thin slice of an impression that can be transmitted over comedy forum posts, he seemed like a real mensch. I'm so sorry.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

WTF. RIP Camrath and I'm so sorry for the loss to all his family and friends.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:(

I was only chatting with him the other day. I knew there were issues that were weighing him down, but I had no idea they'd dragged him that far under.

Sending hugs to everyone who knew this amazing man. Rest easy Camrath xxx

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

This loving sucks, he was a big presence in the discord, a incredibly kind and empathic person and will be very much missed by us all. We've lost a good one.

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

Google Jeb Bush posted:

well, balls

Klepsie, you might consider posting in the In Memoriam thread in SAD as well.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911290

Thanks. I don't really know the ropes here -- Camrath nagged me into buying a membership, but somehow it never took. Until now.

Is it in order to simply copy-n-paste the post I made on the Megathread?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Just heard the news. Heartbroken. He was a lovely fella.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

gently caress.

Condolences Klepsie, and to Joey, his family, and Russ.

He offered a discount to praxiscast patrons on the fudge (always loving top tier stuff) which was extremely kind of him - he even popped a really nice message about the podcast in with one of my orders that genuinely made me feel good. Always got extremely kind and attentive vibes off the guy and he'll be sorely missed. RIP.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
RIP Camrath. Keep safe everyone.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Awful news about Camrath. RIP good goon, condolences to those who loved him.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
ah gently caress

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Klepsie posted:

Thanks. I don't really know the ropes here -- Camrath nagged me into buying a membership, but somehow it never took. Until now.

Is it in order to simply copy-n-paste the post I made on the Megathread?

Yeah you can just copy it over if you want to. Or one of us can, if you'd rather not. Let a mod know if it'd be useful for you to have private messages on your account - we can ask the admins to set that for you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Christ, that's loving awful.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's terrible news.

Condolences to all those close.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

RIP Camrath.

Please everyone remember if you’re feeling low to please reach out to others. The UK Samaritans are always available for free on 116 123. Don’t bottle things up, don’t suffer in silence.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

RIP Camrath

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Bloody hell, my condolences.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Klepsie, is there any collection being held or any preferred charity for memoriam donations?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Dogs on street / pedestrian areas should be on a lead. There should be more secure dog enclosures in parks where they can run about off lead in a room the size of a tennis court or two.

There are fields you can hire by the hour to let Spot burn some energy off- there should be a lot more of these too and much better advertised.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Incredible stuff

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Klepsie posted:

Fudjit will not die with Camrath. For the last 18 months or so, his assistant, Russ (who also happens to be my partner) has been his invaluable assistant in the fudge racket.

It was Camrath's wish that Russ should inherit his company and continue to make the best bloody fudge on this planet, to Cam's recipes.
Would buying the remaining fudge stock help his missus out financially or inconvenience them having to fulfil the orders? Just wondering if it would be an inconvenience or a help.

He made good fudge and was a good lad. I enjoyed seeing the pics on facebook of him at that LARP event where you could win free fudge if you beat him in single combat.

gently caress.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
And I missed some BIG NEWS. RIP fudgit meister, my sympathies to his loved ones

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

HopperUK posted:

Yeah you can just copy it over if you want to. Or one of us can, if you'd rather not. Let a mod know if it'd be useful for you to have private messages on your account - we can ask the admins to set that for you.

Duly copied over. Thanks.

And yes, by all means, turn on PMs for my account, I guess? Apart from anything else, they'll presumably be needed when fudge orders open up again. (Russ isn't on SA and is unlikely to be)

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Would buying the remaining fudge stock help his missus out financially or inconvenience them having to fulfil the orders? Just wondering if it would be an inconvenience or a help.

He made good fudge and was a good lad. I enjoyed seeing the pics on facebook of him at that LARP event where you could win free fudge if you beat him in single combat.

gently caress.

At the very least Russ and I are going to be selling existing stock at the local artisanal market (Newcastle under Lyme, just in case anyone happens to be local; say hi to us...) this Sunday. It was a regular outlet.

Apart from that, can you stick a pin in this incredibly kind suggestion? I'll refer it to Russ, Joey and his family.

The event you refer to was a festival rather than a larp per se; the last he went to. He came back beaming and proud that not a single person won so much as a bite of free fudge off him all weekend.

(Did I mention he taught me everything I know about swordfighting? Not to mention being the fact-checker for any guns that appeared in my books?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Klepsie posted:

Duly copied over. Thanks.

And yes, by all means, turn on PMs for my account, I guess? Apart from anything else, they'll presumably be needed when fudge orders open up again. (Russ isn't on SA and is unlikely to be)

you're more than welcome to join the Discord friend, I know Cam made a fair few sales announcing new lines in there (invite link is in the OP)