Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Agile Vector posted:

the default app does a bunch of processing. using halide to capture and lightroom/photomator with my xs gave crisper results a few years ago

dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Beeftweeter posted:

it literally never looks right. stebe would hate this

nah stebe would love computational photography and fake bokeh sorry

LanceHunter posted:

I have my PS4 controller paired with my Apple TV and tried playing some Apple Arcade games there. The experience kinda sucked, because they tried to make the games compatible with the Apple TV remote and so using the controller was clunky.

yeah when the new tvOS devices launched they mandated being able to play any games with the remote in order to be in the store and it was such a dumb fuckin decision

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Vintersorg posted:

these are really loving nice!!!

wow

thanks!

Beeftweeter posted:

these are indeed much better but a trained eye can still see the interpolation and sensor limitations

yeah, it's no replacement for a proper lens and sensor combo. i wouldn't be too surprised if the 14 pro unprocessed was not much better. there's just so much a tiny phone camera can do

edit: the blotchiness might be better with better raw support for the new iphones, but it definitely gives these away as phone photos in a way even my old d40x bests

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 12, 2023

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

wife really wants a new phone because her battery is beat to hell but my 11 pro is still working fine :shrug:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

lenovo has a new 27" monitor with glasses free 3d 1920 × 2160 resolution. im sure apple and other oems will copy the nintendo 3ds tech as well soem day

lenticular screens are really cool but the visible area is still way too small

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

post hole digger posted:

wife really wants a new phone because her battery is beat to hell but my 11 pro is still working fine :shrug:

just get a new battery

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
canada stays winning with a physical sim card

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mediaphage posted:

yeah i was saying he would have if it looked right. but it doesn't and it's obvious if you know what you're talking about

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

mediaphage posted:

yeah when the new tvOS devices launched they mandated being able to play any games with the remote in order to be in the store and it was such a dumb fuckin decision
apple + gaming is such a reliable generator of lols year in and year out

apple gets the final laugh given how much they make off of the rake from the app store and iaps

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

just get a new battery

women be shopping

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
we missed the traditional apple gaming segment of "demo of high end mobile game you have never heard of and will never hear of again but works the GPU real good"

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

quote:

he really would, he was the “I’m replacing my audiophile setup with an iPod HiFi” guy.

ah. golden times.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I missed the tim apple event. anything good that I missed?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Matinee posted:

he really would, he was the “I’m replacing my audiophile setup with an iPod HiFi” guy.

ah. golden times.

lol reminds me of the neil young hifi player story

quote:

In January, the musician Neil Young revealed a device called the PonoPlayer, a portable high-fidelity music player that looks like a Toblerone. His obsession with sound quality stretches back over two decades, when he lost part of his hearing while recording the 1991 album Weld. In Young’s worldview, analog recorded music is unequivocally the best, and the shift from records to CDs to compressed audio files has led to inferior sound fidelity. And he certainly wasn’t shy when it came to speaking his mind about the iPod and iTunes.

When Neil Young criticized the sound of music on iTunes—he called it “compromised”—Jobs was pissed that Young could “pop off in public like that without coming to talk to us about his technical concerns first.”

These criticisms did not sit well with the man who played a key role in the popularization of digital music—Apple CEO Steve Jobs, who took Young’s complaints to heart. In the book Becoming Steve Jobs by Fast Company executive Rick Tetzeli and longtime technology reporter Brent Schlender, it’s revealed that Young tried to quash the beef by offering him a set of remastered vinyl editions of every album in his catalog. It was an “[attempt] to smoke the peace pipe,” writes Schlender:

I knew that Steve enjoyed listening to records on vinyl from time to time, so I agreed to call him to see if he’d like to get the LPs. Steve answered the phone on the second ring, and I explained what I was calling about. We had talked about Neil’s criticisms a year or so before, and I thought this might soften his grudge.

And?

Fat chance. “gently caress Neil Young,” he snapped, “and gently caress his records. You keep them.” End of conversation.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

wife is going to get a 15 pro cause her x is beat to poo poo. i think i'm going to go another year on my 12 pro max. would be nice to be on the same chargers though.....

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

what the gently caress??

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

those were the days~!!

Those icons :swoon:

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

goblin week posted:

what the gently caress??

lmao. just having SKUs for the sake of it

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Hed posted:

Those icons :swoon:

when i finally release my stupid app it will have a good icon.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

t-mobile will give me $1000 trade in credit but only on their lovely new go5g plan

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

neutral milf hotel posted:

there was a really funny skit make sure you watch the whole 10 mins the punchline is amazing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah i was saying he would have if it looked right. but it doesn't and it's obvious if you know what you're talking about

lol absolutely not. it would have shipped the same way and 99.9% of people do not give a gently caress

Matinee posted:

ah. golden times.

yup, he was, if nothing else, excellent at marketing (this is not a dig) though even then there were some whiffs. didnt he originally want to call the imac the MacMan

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

apple offering me $780 CAD for my 14 Pro 256GB and that will go down next year hehe

and they dont have 0% loans with Paybright anymore, 7.99% for 24/months with Affirm

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

post hole digger posted:

lol reminds me of the neil young hifi player story

lmao. rip stebe, he was a terrible person but an incredibly yospos ceo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol an 8% loan to buy a fuckin phone noty

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://twitter.com/JoannaStern/status/1701666538867286144

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

(nixon voice) jesus christ.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/betaprofiles/status/1701663462752150024?s=61&t=iP1pSLWFX-jZMZi6QK4Zvw

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

its beautiful

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ok i actually do care about new watchos

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

What's the price in Euros?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the 512gb pros phone max 15 is $2k usd in norway

guess it's time for another mortgage

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

why am i replying to people on hackernews on the apple posts what am i doing with my life

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

mediaphage posted:

yup, he was, if nothing else, excellent at marketing (this is not a dig) though even then there were some whiffs. didnt he originally want to call the imac the MacMan

iirc, that was one of those times where he one day just came in to work and pretended like he'd always wanted to call it the iMac and it had in fact been his idea all along to call it the iMac (it wasn't)

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

poty posted:

there was a really funny skit make sure you watch the whole 10 mins the punchline is amazing

gently caress you

tim apple needs acting lessons

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

like 20 euros maybe idk

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

LanceHunter posted:

probably €29. a while ago the exchange rate was almost 1:1, idk what it is now but it can't be too different

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

neutral milf hotel posted:

no.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
did they announce the usb-c phone? and the apple igoggles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Beeftweeter posted:

probably €29. a while ago the exchange rate was almost 1:1, idk what it is now but it can't be too different

I was kinda expecting a spite tax putting it at €49 or something.