Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/BobSaietta/status/1701220837641093566

congratulations to Daily Beast for only now discovering what everyone's known for 15 years and playing it like it's breaking news.

Incredible that someone could write an article that would make me like portnoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/BobSaietta/status/1701220837641093566

congratulations to Daily Beast for only now discovering what everyone's known for 15 years and playing it like it's breaking news.

I am reflexive against barstool but I cannot give a poo poo about this.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah that's really the other thing, there are a million bigger and better ways to criticize barstool. to get all up in arms about how they tweet sports clips is an amazing inability to see the forest for the trees

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm pretty sure The Daily Beast has reported heavily on how lovely Barstool is from a number of different angles. I think the article is fine and might actually be illuminating to some people who don't spend every day on sports twitter. As someone who has a foot in sports media it is infuriating when you or your colleagues have to play by the rules of media rights and only using under 10 seconds of a shot or whatever and then you have others just posting full loving ripped super bowl highlights or whatever though.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i bet this guy is the person who narced on tim marchman

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Mr. Fix It posted:

i bet this guy is the person who narced on tim marchman

… Burke?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Speaking of:
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1701228871658442877#m

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

poo poo, that's who i meant

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Mr. Fix It posted:

poo poo, that's who i meant

Ja, I figured :hfive:

(I mix them up too)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1701616762163479007

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
yes, burn burn burn!

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Jesus Christ, thats some real old school mask off Old Timey racism.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

poo poo, I thought you guys were talking about Doris Burke and Tim MacMahon and somehow she ratted out Tim to Mark Cuban and thats why he is "banned."

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kibner posted:

yes, burn burn burn!

lol, NFL won't do anything but bury this and wave more flags.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gonna see the biggest END RACISM's you've ever seen in the endzones.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

LionYeti posted:

Jesus Christ, thats some real old school mask off Old Timey racism.

They are who we thought they were :shrug:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What if they just ran with Jerry’s idea and created a franchise publicly owned by the nation’s Black population? Like a Bizarro version of the Packers.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

General Dog posted:

What if they just ran with Jerry’s idea and created a franchise publicly owned by the nation’s Black population? Like a Bizarro version of the Packers.

There's a joke about reparations here I am simply too white to make

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

uuuuuuuhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/freep/status/1701551738027647344?s=46

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm pretty sure that James Franklin, for instance, will be perfectly fine.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Mel Tucker fuckin' fumbled the hell out of that bag.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I am in no way gonna go try to read that editorial but I feel like the odds of it being written by Mitch Albom are extremely high

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If it was Albom it would say so in the headline. He wrote something else. As his biggest hater I keep tabs on these things.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

If it was Albom it would say so in the headline. He wrote something else. As his biggest hater I keep tabs on these things.

lol that's a good point

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

habeasdorkus posted:

Mel Tucker fuckin' fumbled the hell out of that bag.

He left CU in the middle of the night with allegations lurking but just couldn't keep it in his pants for like 90 million dollars.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Y I K E S
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1702367496882262276
loving bananas anyone thinks this horseshit is gonna work

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

quote:

Former NBA participant Brandon Hunter, who beforehand performed for the Boston Celtics and Orlando Magic, has handed away on the age of 42, as introduced by Ohio males’s basketball coach Jeff Boals on Tuesday.

Hunter, initially a extremely regarded highschool basketball participant in Cincinnati, achieved vital success as a ahead for the Bobcats.

He earned three first-team All-MAC convention alternatives and led the NCAA in rebounding throughout his senior season. Hunter’s expertise led to his choice because the 56th general decide within the 2003 NBA Draft.

Throughout his NBA profession, he performed in 67 video games over two seasons and achieved a career-high of 17 factors in a recreation in opposition to the Milwaukee Bucks in 2004.

it literally looks like someone did a thesaurus search on every word a few times on an AP bulletin or something

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

17 factors in a recreation is pretty impressive

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Really displaying how miserly these companies are that they could just pay someone a pittance to give the AI-generated poo poo a once-over and just make sure there's nothing that'll land them in the news, and they can't even be bothered to do that

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It reads like an article someone converted to Japanese and then back to English.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

17 factors in a recreation is pretty impressive

Puts Wilt's 100 factor recreation in perspective, doesn't it?

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Spaced God posted:

it literally looks like someone did a thesaurus search on every word a few times on an AP bulletin or something

Correct https://www.tmz.com/2023/09/12/ex-nba-player-brandon-hunter-dead-42/

quote:

Former Boston Celtics and Orlando Magic player Brandon Hunter has died, Ohio men's basketball coach Jeff Boals said Tuesday. He was just 42 years old.

Hunter -- a standout high school hoops player in Cincinnati -- was a star forward for the Bobcats, earning three first-team All-MAC conference selections and leading the NCAA in rebounding his senior season ... before being taken with the 56th overall pick in the 2003 NBA Draft.

He played 67 games over two seasons in the Association ... scoring a career-high 17 points against the Milwaukee Bucks in 2004.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
lol, jesus christ.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

All year in the course of clicking around I'd been noticing a bunch of SBNation team sites closing -- some remain live but just stopped posting without explanation, some still operating under the same name but disaffiliated from SBNation, and at least one (the Marlins site iirc?) whose last post was "SBNation sucks, we're all quitting and launching a new site ourselves". Hadn't put two and two together that it seems they all shuttered around February. Something specific happen then cause I don't remember hearing it at the time?

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

All year in the course of clicking around I'd been noticing a bunch of SBNation team sites closing -- some remain live but just stopped posting without explanation, some still operating under the same name but disaffiliated from SBNation, and at least one (the Marlins site iirc?) whose last post was "SBNation sucks, we're all quitting and launching a new site ourselves". Hadn't put two and two together that it seems they all shuttered around February. Something specific happen then cause I don't remember hearing it at the time?

https://defector.com/vox-media-layoffs-wipe-out-most-sb-nation-hockey-mls-sites

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Back to back posts on Defector demonstrating Diana's wonderful range. Absolutely love her work, but I don't know how the "worst sexually-abusing shitbags in sports and the institutions that enable them" beat doesn't depress the hell out of her.

Glad that she does the hard work, though. I feel like if you're a shitbag and she's calling your phone, you're about to have a really, really bad day.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I’m going to give yall an opinion headline and you see if you can guess the writer:

“If anyone should be worried about Taylor Swift-Travis Kelce, it's Trump”

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Rick Reilly

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently ESPN writer Jim Caple died

https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/1708921983734251798?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

DJExile posted:

I’m going to give yall an opinion headline and you see if you can guess the writer:

“If anyone should be worried about Taylor Swift-Travis Kelce, it's Trump”

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Rick Reilly

who else?

i miss name of the year and hope defector will pick it up soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sash! posted:

I'm pretty sure that James Franklin, for instance, will be perfectly fine.

He counts more for the scumbag cohort than the POC cohort.