Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

~Coxy posted:

What's the chance of getting a USB-C EarPods announced tomorrow.

These were announced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Did the 14 Pro have promotion and the always on display? I'm thinking about a 14 Pro rather than a 15 regular.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
AirPods Max and their keyboard/mice are the only lightning holdouts I think

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How does the 15 pro max look?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It does feel like the most whatever Pro model in quite some time.

Massive upgrade for the base.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Did the 14 Pro have promotion and the always on display? I'm thinking about a 14 Pro rather than a 15 regular.

Yes to both.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Rick posted:

Yes to both.

Digging more, it looks like the biggest differences are the 15 uses aluminum rather than the 14 Pro stainless steel and maybe some camera junk? Battery life on the 14 Pro is a couple hours longer too. Seems like the 14 Pro is a better phone?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

TheWevel posted:

I uninstalled music.app. I use Spotify but still had some Apple music purchases music.app would try to play.

It's happening for amazon music, also even if i stopped the music and killed the running app. It's blasting warlock and the like, so it's not terribly shocking for passengers and bystanders. Just annoying.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MarcusSA posted:

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Soooo what time Friday morning i gotta wake up to preorder this pro max?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Digging more, it looks like the biggest differences are the 15 uses aluminum rather than the 14 Pro stainless steel and maybe some camera junk? Battery life on the 14 Pro is a couple hours longer too. Seems like the 14 Pro is a better phone?

It’s impossible to say for sure without using both but yeah it seems that way. I’m not in a rush to upgrade my 14 pro.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Disappointing Pie posted:

Soooo what time Friday morning i gotta wake up to preorder this pro max?

5AM PDT according to the Apple page.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1701649389377200419

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did you hear titanium is crucial for space exploration?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

People bitch about SS iPhone heft/lack of USB C all the time - it's up to you whether or not you care about those two things, along with the camera stuff.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 12, 2023

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Is the base model still 60hz?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
So the new action button works like this:

Press Once: Toggle silent/audio mode
Hold once: Toggle predetermined action?

Seems like a fair trade, although I love the rocker.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Well my reaction to that keynote is that I'll just get a battery case for my aging 11 Pro. Anyone got a battery case they recommend? Main qualifier is that I could still use wireless charging without taking the case off.

TraderStav posted:

So the new action button works like this:

Press Once: Toggle silent/audio mode
Hold once: Toggle predetermined action?

Seems like a fair trade, although I love the rocker.
I believe it's the other way around, but that's how it sounded to me!

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Corb3t posted:

People bitch about SS iPhone heft/lack of USB C all the time - it's up to you whether or not you care about those two things, along with the camera stuff.

I don't care about either and honestly am not sure if I care about always on or promotion but I derped it up and misread the availability graphic for the 14 regular. Doubtful the 14 Pro will remain available much longer but AT&T will give me 700 in bill credits right now for my 12 mini which seems pretty good since a lot of times it seems like you need a new line to get that much of a trade in.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Soul Glo posted:

Is the base model still 60hz?
I think ProMotion and the always-on display are reserved for the Pro models, so yeah, base model still 60hz.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Minidust posted:

Well my reaction to that keynote is that I'll just get a battery case for my aging 11 Pro. Anyone got a battery case they recommend? Main qualifier is that I could still use wireless charging without taking the case off.

I believe it's the other way around, but that's how it sounded to me!

Not wholly losing the silent switch (provided I have a distinctive haptic that it went silent versus coming off of silent) and being able to use my Xreal Airs will make this a pretty guaranteed purchase.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Do any of you guys rock screen protectors any more? My job can get decently physical and while I haven't used a screen protector in quite some time, I've noticed my last two phones (most recent 12 Pro Max) has hundreds of microscratches all over the screen.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I can’t order from the website for some reason. I can select all the options but the Continue button at the bottom is unclickable…weird and frustrating. It just says delivery and pickup are unavailable. Like, I know, I’m preordering.

Ohhhh we can’t preorder til Friday? Why babe it all selectable then?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Didn’t realize the event thread closes soon so I’m moving my post here:

Am I an idiot if I return my Amazon AirPod Pros I bought a week ago just so I can order a pair with the new port and be done with lightning?

I really wanna put one in a drawer and the rest to my friends and be done with it forever.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Rolo posted:

Am I an idiot if I return my Amazon AirPod Pros I bought a week ago just so I can order a pair with the new port and be done with lightning?

I really wanna put one in a drawer and the rest to my friends and be done with it forever.

If your airpods case have wireless charging, toss the cord!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

expensive

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Do any of you guys rock screen protectors any more? My job can get decently physical and while I haven't used a screen protector in quite some time, I've noticed my last two phones (most recent 12 Pro Max) has hundreds of microscratches all over the screen.

I never leave a phone without it. I've been using the TechArmor ones for years now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

USB C, that goofy programmable side button and a better camera and chip. Yeah I’m gonna keep my 13 Pro Max another year, no need to upgrade.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah because I do physical work and putting a naked phone into a pocket with grit in it will easily cause those types of scratches, and a drop onto rocky ground will create a tangible gouge.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rolo posted:

I would but I bought mine two months ago and am stuck. Not a big deal but just one less cord when traveling. At home couldn’t care less.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

TraderStav posted:

If your airpods case have wireless charging, toss the cord!

I CAN CHARGE MY PODS WITH MY WATCH CHARGER!!

How did I not know this!?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I haven't in my ~15 years of owning phones and never will

Personal preference really

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FCKGW posted:

I haven't in my ~15 years of owning phones and never will

Personal preference really

Same.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
No covers no cases.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish they would finally do the thing they showed off but abandoned where your iPhone can function as a wireless charger for AirPods.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The AirPod case lasts like 1000 hours or some poo poo.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

USB C, that goofy programmable side button and a better camera and chip. Yeah I’m gonna keep my 13 Pro Max another year, no need to upgrade.

Yeahhh after further consideration I'm going to do the same with my 13 Pro. My applecare is up on the 24th of this month so I might see if I can get the screen replaced since it has some scratches which might turn much worse if it falls on some convenient concrete.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Apple care doesn’t expire if you do the month to month option :shrug:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
what's up with these colors

i can't upgrade til there's a red iphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I dont hate lightning as much as I hated the 30 Pin connector or Micro USB so I'm not in a rush to get away from it. Man I hate micro USB