Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

My Spirit Otter posted:

do they tell the story or just leave it at that? what a cliff-hanger, but not enough of one for me to register a twitter account

this is probably the best write-up: https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7jnmb/we-talked-to-the-host-accused-of-doing-satanic-rituals-in-his-airbnb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Rad-daddio posted:

Hey, don't go in the cellar.

gently caress you! I'm gonna go in the cellar even harder now!

Hey, it wasn't my fault (it was totally my fault)

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

emSparkly posted:

Sniper Elite V2 is a game where you can shoot Hitler in the nuts. I say that makes it an antifa classic.

I decided to give that Sniper Elite a try, got to Hitler, blew up his nuts and turned off the game and uninstalled right it after. They seriously let you the the coolest poo poo right at the start of the game.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Facebook Aunt posted:

Exactly. If they were really about freedom and not conservativism, a top issue in the US would be mass incarceration and prison reform. The US has less than 5% of the world's population but 20% of the world's prisoners. More prisoners than China, a famously repressive regime with many times the population.

But "weak on crime" won't sell with conservatives.

Yea, it's not a top issue because the country is not dominated by libertarians but by conservatives? If the libertarians were given political power, then prison reform absolutely would be a top issue. This btw also again reinforces that they are not the same thing nor even ancestors of one another. You proved the opposite point lmao. How is this so loving hard to understand?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dick Fontaine posted:

would love to hear your definition of a libertarian

It's a tiny hat.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

im both relieved and saddened at how mundane this turned out to be. thanks.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pvt. Parts posted:

Yea, it's not a top issue because the country is not dominated by libertarians but by conservatives? If the libertarians were given political power, then prison reform absolutely would be a top issue. This btw also again reinforces that they are not the same thing nor even ancestors of one another. You proved the opposite point lmao. How is this so loving hard to understand?

what are your thoughts on the rights of townspeople to feed bears?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Google RON PAUL.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Strongly cursed the more you read, be warned:
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/family-sues-pathologist-videos-decapitated-baby-autopsy/85-a1d4dd08-c136-4a91-889f-2285aa991ab2

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Pvt. Parts posted:

Why do people consider libertarianism some kind of "super rightism" by default? They exist on different axes basically. There are several core things your typical "hard core" libertarian believes which your typical "right winger" would totally disagree with.

Because when Americans talk about "libertarianism," they're referring to the only brand of libertarianism with any presence in America: right-libertarianism. And, like it or not, this site basically skews American, regardless of peoples' actual origins. It's also why you're not supposed to say "oval office" despite that word being largely ho-hum in Britglish and Ausglish.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're either not American (that is, "not from the United States"), or you're being a weird contrarian arguing a point that, while technically correct, is inscrutable nonsense to people who are not terminally online CSPAM-reading weirdos.

Pvt. Parts posted:

Nevermind, you're just a liar and a moron. The American Libertarian Party is 100% right-libertarian as gently caress, and anybody peddling their bullshit and arguing against that point deserves to be shot into the Sun.

And no, your child bride can't come with you.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Dick Burglar posted:

Nevermind, you're just a liar and a moron. The American Libertarian Party is 100% right-libertarian as gently caress, and anybody peddling their bullshit and arguing against that point deserves to be shot into the Sun.

Worth repeating, the people running the american liberatarian party are these nazis:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mises_Caucus

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Pvt. Parts posted:

Libertarian: someone who values, above all else, ”freedom" in all manner of matters. Freedom generally in practice implying little government intervention.

Conservative: someone who values, above all else, what is considered "traditional". Basically interested in conserving the past.

The two overlap because the US and several other states in the West rest on libertarian considerations.

e:
Y'all are making it sound like taking a conservative and cranking them up to 11 creates a libertarian, which is just not true
libertarianism is literally an evolution of classical liberalism, a conservative belief system. it rejects the left's idea of freedom from others in favour of the right's idea of freedom from individual limitation, leading it to take stances such as "personal responsibility for drugs" which does superficially advocate "liberal" (progressive) ideas like being able to buy tar heroin on the free market while also simultaneously divorcing the government from the need to intervene or oversea abusive practices such as selling addictive substances to people.
just the idea that freedom in practice requires a small government is prima facie ridiculous - freedom from what? the answer is government itself - it is not freedom from things that libertarians seek, it is freedom to do things that they seek, and what that freedom in isolation from a government entails is the freedom to exploit, abuse, misuse, mislead, and profit-seek fellow humans.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Derails are the real curse.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i honestly just realised this isn't the trump thread.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Dick Burglar posted:

Because when Americans talk about "libertarianism," they're referring to the only brand of libertarianism with any presence in America: right-libertarianism. And, like it or not, this site basically skews American, regardless of peoples' actual origins. It's also why you're not supposed to say "oval office" despite that word being largely ho-hum in Britglish and Ausglish.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're either not American (that is, "not from the United States"), or you're being a weird contrarian arguing a point that, while technically correct, is inscrutable nonsense to people who are not terminally online CSPAM-reading weirdos.

And no, your child bride can't come with you.

A right-libertarian and left-libertarian would probably agree on some kind of prison reform, maybe not certainly the one mentioned in the link or the one others assumed I mean, but certainly both would agree to some kind of action. So it's really a moot point. But at least the crossed out text contains something resembling an answer. Thanks. Too bad you had to imply I'm a child lover though.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Pvt. Parts posted:

Too bad you had to imply I'm a child lover though.

This is one of those "what do you all 11 people having dinner with a Nazi?" things

You can have an academic discussion about small L libertarianism all you want but you should know that if you identify as A libertarian in 2023 people are going to think you have specific opinions on the age of consent, selling human organs, owning personal WMDs, segregation/discrimination, vaccines, seniors dying in ditches, and a lot of other unsavory things

It's baked into the pie

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
shut up about libertarianism you boring nerd

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

shut up about libertarianism you boring nerd

lol but yeah

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

ultrafilter posted:

Derails are the real curse.

Derails are the lifeblood of the forums

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Everybody shut the hell up and post cursed content

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Here's a cursed image for you: You go to a house party and head down to the basement to take a couple bong hits. By the time you're done it's just you and Prvt Party. You hear the door at the top of the stairs lock. Prvrt takes off their trilby and begins to speak. There is no escape. No mercy. In the end you die having to listen about how if we just let all the drug addicts kill themselves with drugs there won't be any drug addicts anymore.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Everybody shut the hell up and post cursed content

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Post this on Facebook with the caption "banana two days after being injected with the new COVID booster".

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

Here's a cursed image for you: You go to a house party and head down to the basement to take a couple bong hits. By the time you're done it's just you and Prvt Party. You hear the door at the top of the stairs lock. Prvrt takes off their trilby and begins to speak. There is no escape. No mercy. In the end you die having to listen about how if we just let all the drug addicts kill themselves with drugs there won't be any drug addicts anymore.

That's why I have a small explosive contained within a filling I can chomp on down when the time comes.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

upping the vibe with this rocking pair of frog tits

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Dick Fontaine posted:

Don't make me give another person the Lizard Tits avatar.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Dick Fontaine posted:

Honestly she kinda cute tho.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
does the frog carpet match the frog drapes :getin:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I can't tell if the frog trailer is someone's fetish or a clever parody riff on some piece of media I don't recognize.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

PurpleXVI posted:

I can't tell if the frog trailer is someone's fetish or a clever parody riff on some piece of media I don't recognize.

Unsure but it's AI generatred, on top of what I presume to be an even lower resolution ai generated background.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Grey Cat posted:

Unsure but it's AI generatred, on top of what I presume to be an even lower resolution ai generated background.

I was 99% sure the background was AI generated, but I was torn on whether the somewhat goofy expression and wonky hands were an artifact of being AI created, intentionally goofy or the artist just not getting it right, considering some of the stuff you can see painted on cars and trailers.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

there were more frogs, if that helps

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Okay I didn't think it was cursed before but if this AI gen crap is making it so we can't have simple pleasures like appreciating goofy van art anymore then that's super cursed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

there were more frogs, if that helps

Is that a frog or a toad?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Dick Fontaine posted:

If frog, why tail? I assumed it was actually supposed to be an Anole until I saw the other three frogs.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

CuwiKhons posted:

If frog, why tail? I assumed it was actually supposed to be an Anole until I saw the other three frogs.

Because "AI" doesn't have any clue what a frog is and "AI" "art" is for dweebs.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

6000 years of human development all leading up to this

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

redshirt posted:

Is that a frog or a toad?

If it's a toad it's still a frog

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybealabia posted: