Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

quote:

“I responded with something like: ‘She’s 26 years old. What value is there? Who cares?’ I intended the comment as a mockery of lawyers. I was imitating what a lawyer tasked with negotiating the case would be saying and being sarcastic to express that they shouldn’t be coming up with crazy arguments to minimize the payment,” Auderer said. “I laughed at the ridiculousness of how these incidents are litigated and the ridiculousness of how I watched these incidents play out as two parties bargain over a tragedy.”
Allegedly, Daniel Auderer has been the subject of at least eighteen OPA investigations since 2014, highlights of which are:

2010: Auderer and several other officers illegally stopped, harassed and roughly arrested two Mexican immigrants. Auderer and a dozen other officers beat a mentally ill man to the point of permanent brain damage.

2014: An arrestee accused Auderer of sexually harassing her in a holding cell.

2016: Auderer was the subject of two separate OPA investigations for using force on women, one while she was handcuffed. Auderer was suspended for four days after conducting an illegal off duty arrest.

2017: Auderer punched and choked a homeless man inside the ER at Harborview Hospital.

https://divestspd.substack.com/p/spog-vice-presidents-weird-irrelevant

err has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Sep 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

it's just one women Micheal, how much could she cost 10 dollars?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

err posted:

Allegedly, Daniel Auderer has been the subject of at least eighteen OPA investigations since 2014, highlights of which are:

2010: Auderer and several other officers illegally stopped, harassed and roughly arrested two Mexican immigrants. Auderer and a dozen other officers beat a mentally ill man to the point of permanent brain damage.

2014: An arrestee accused Auderer of sexually harassing her in a holding cell.

2016: Auderer was the subject of two separate OPA investigations for using force on women, one while she was handcuffed. Auderer was suspended for four days after conducting an illegal off duty arrest.

2017: Auderer punched and choked a homeless man inside the ER at Harborview Hospital.

https://divestspd.substack.com/p/spog-vice-presidents-weird-irrelevant

Hmm...lets give him the benefit of the doubt a few more hundred times

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
he was just roleplaying the gross stuff a corrupt lawyer would say and do when he was doing all those crimes and saying all those terrible things, he's been very dedicated to the character

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
what about the part where he discredits a witness who says the woman was in a crosswalk when she got hit? He's just mocking the ridiculousness of victim blaming?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1702261127017640150
:sickos:

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
e: wrong thread

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
Goon project idea: let's figure out how to get lots of cop bodycam footage and comb through it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Here's my "police reform" idea. Instead of the current useless form of body cams, we should surgically implant cameras into cops someplace they can't reasonably cover up (like their nose maybe, or one of their eyes). I think this might really change things for the better.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

Here's my "police reform" idea. Instead of the current useless form of body cams, we should surgically implant cameras into cops someplace they can't reasonably cover up (like their nose maybe, or one of their eyes). I think this might really change things for the better.

their fists 😂🤣

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

pancopticon

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

the funniest thing about bodycams is it totally destroys that argument that bootlickers love "if you're not doing anything wrong, why does the camera bother you?" the cops loving hate the bodycams, and they're the ones that are supposed to punish wrongdoing!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ardent Communist posted:

the funniest thing about bodycams is it totally destroys that argument that bootlickers love "if you're not doing anything wrong, why does the camera bother you?" the cops loving hate the bodycams, and they're the ones that are supposed to punish wrongdoing!

cops are essentially hamburger with the lawful right to kill anyone.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Trying to explain cops to a non-american: Ok, imagine a hamburger that has the lawful right to kill anyone.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I'm just loving with ya, I know you mean Hamburglar but to be fair he has the lawful right to kill anyone too.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ytlaya posted:

Put it anywhere that a face mask would cover.

They refuse to wear those. 🤣

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

my idea for police reform is they all have to kiss my rear end! :argh:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my idea for police reform is to dig a big hole and tell the cops there are a bunch of happy black children down there. then you simply push them in while they fire wildly into the hole.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

my idea for police reform is they all have to kiss my rear end! :argh:

This is just rude and neither serious nor productive

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.

Ardent Communist posted:

idk if they actually hate them. I've seen plenty claiming it cuts down on false reports of excessive force or misconduct or whatever. I'd assume in reality it's just that they can literally murder someone on film and get away with it 99.9% of the time, so until that changes and they actually face consequences for turning them off / recordings mysteriously going missing, the cops and bootlickers aren't going to be crying too much

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ytlaya posted:

This is just rude and neither serious nor productive

Agree on the first part strongly disagree on the second!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Horror_Business posted:

idk if they actually hate them. I've seen plenty claiming it cuts down on false reports of excessive force or misconduct or whatever. I'd assume in reality it's just that they can literally murder someone on film and get away with it 99.9% of the time, so until that changes and they actually face consequences for turning them off / recordings mysteriously going missing, the cops and bootlickers aren't going to be crying too much

Cops love bodycams, since generally they have full control over them, including being able to edit footage or lose it if it doesn't help them. What they hate is being penalized for tampering with them or presumed to be guilty of the crimes they committed off camera

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/los-angeles-sheriffs-deputy-shot-patrol-vehicle-office/story?id=103257025

So the fact that there's no anything about the supposed cop killer means this guy accidentally shot himself or got shot by another cop, right

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

quote:

Authorities have not publicly named a suspect or motive in the case, but Luna said he believes the shooting was targeted.

quote:

"He ambushed and killed, murdered one of our deputies. We need your help to get him off the street," Luna said.

In a press conference Sunday evening, Luna described a dark-gray 2006-2012 Toyota Corolla as a "vehicle of interest" that was seen near the deputy's car at the time of the incident.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Lol oh, that wasn't in there yet when I originally read it.

A car killed him, there's nothing to be done

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Dog Case posted:

A car killed him, there's nothing to be done

They can find the car and shoot the poo poo out of it

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

lol that he was dying of a gunshot wound in his car right outside of the police station and a random passerby was the one who found him and told the other cops. none of them heard the shot? or was looking out the window too dangerous

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Wafflecopper posted:

lol that he was dying of a gunshot wound in his car right outside of the police station and a random passerby was the one who found him and told the other cops. none of them heard the shot? or was looking out the window too dangerous

probably thought it was a car backfiring

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Wafflecopper posted:

Either they weren't gonna interfere with a buddy getting his wife his pension or they were gonna make sure a problem did the same

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No more dead cops!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

La Louve Rouge posted:

No more dead cops!

No, more dead cops!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Cops are good
No more dead cops

That police union logo shouldn't be on there either...

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

on what evidence do you base this conclusion?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/status/1703538278719270959

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

LuxuryLarva posted:

Goon project idea: let's figure out how to get lots of cop bodycam footage and comb through it.

https://blog.dataparty.xyz/blog/snoop-unto-them/

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Easiest job in the world. I wish I could show up 6 hours late to my job say "Yup, there's nothing I can do about this." and just saunter off.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

6 hours late and they threatened the victim

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rubellavator posted:

6 hours late and they threatened the victim

I thought I was a pretty good manager before, but this is just inspiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alabama band director tased by police for not stopping his students' performance

a different story:

https://www.wect.com/2023/09/18/grand-jury-indicts-man-accused-throwing-fentanyl-law-enforcement/

quote:

Prosecutors said during Drayton’s first appearance that he intentionally opened a bag of drugs and threw fentanyl at two detectives and a deputy on Jan. 6. When prosecutors dropped the assault charges in April, court records indicated that the officer told investigators that Drayton didn’t appear to be aiming the drugs at them.

The grand jury indictment claims that Drayton’s “assault” consisted of him pouring approximately 250 grams of fentanyl out of his vehicle and then throwing out the zip lock bag containing the fentanyl while a detective approached his vehicle.

The New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office said that one detective fell unconscious and was administered Narcan.

Per the NHCSO, all three were taken to the hospital and later released less than 24 hours after the incident. At the time, a sheriff’s office release said that it was “shocked and appalled” after Drayton “exposed a Detective and two Deputies to a dangerous opioid drug.”

Scientists and other experts have told WECT that law enforcement narratives are questionable regarding fentanyl being delivered through the air. One anesthesiologist noted that the substance doesn’t hang in the air, saying that it was “not plausible” for fentanyl to be breathed in from nearby air and absorbed within seconds and cause someone to feel woozy or fall over.