Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Chapter 6 of Bardiche Hotel dropped! It’s called Radio.

(Japanese doesn’t really draw a distinction between chipmunks and squirrels.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I think this is a repeat from the last update.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Green Intern posted:

I think this is a repeat from the last update.

Time loop octopus. But thou must.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Yeah, I had a brain fart this morning. Here we go!

Haraiso Days

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Powered Descent posted:

What, Bets used to order him to do bootblacking duties?

Yes. He liked it very much!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (February 11-14, 2003)

:ohdear:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 18: Maggie's Party Part 1 in which a classic returns.

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

The classic “Rules Of The Pool” poster is never far from my thoughts. I even made a Bad Machinery version, years ago, which is still available. This version is closer to the original, but takes far greater liberties.

For reference, here is the original version of the poster Allison is referring to (best quality I cold find at least).

and his version, as well as the Bad Machinery strip that inspired it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 5/31 - 6/2/51

Archie 2/23-25/48

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Underworld LA Weekly 03/12–19/1998

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

I don't care if he lives or dies anymore, start a new adventure already drat it

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

EBB posted:

Excellent post/avatar combo there.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

EBB posted:

You fool! This is the story Mozz is telling Diana!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

In The Past: It Became Clear That In Pursuit Of The Child, We Needed To Burn The Forest Down

In The Present: Let The Machine Live Your Fantasy

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
There are a million things that can reasonably drive someone crazy about Kevin and Kell but the one that's getting me is turtle shells. A turtle's shell isn't an external structure, it's literally part of their skeleton (anatomically, it's an externalized ribcage).

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Soooooooooo what happens to the single human kid when he is an adult and the only human in that universe? Do they boot him back through the magic portal?

Also, with the thread title, um, isn't the cow a goddamn child?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Cowslips Warren posted:

Soooooooooo what happens to the single human kid when he is an adult and the only human in that universe? Do they boot him back through the magic portal?

Crossbreeding is all the rage in Domain. Don't see why that would be different for a human.

I believe they're explicitly in preschool, yes, although the writing often makes that unclear

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Cowslips Warren posted:

He's metaphysically stable or whatever because Human Danielle took Danielle Prime's place so things are in balance and whenever she pops out a kid it's what her self could have done so don't worry about it.

Also yes; I did not post that as a serious observation in the slightest because she's like 11, she just misses her friends because they can't go to camp anymore and isn't content with remote contact.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Caphi posted:

There are a million things that can reasonably drive someone crazy about Kevin and Kell but the one that's getting me is turtle shells. A turtle's shell isn't an external structure, it's literally part of their skeleton (anatomically, it's an externalized ribcage).

If I recall correctly, one of those shells is 3-D printed. The other one is leftover from the Mink's Snake Roommate's ex- boyfriend, who is a Toad who climbed into the fresh corpse of the Turtle she was supposed to go on a blind date with just before she arrived, and pretended to be that Turtle, for months.

And as I recall, that revelation did not end the relationship.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Next you're going to tell Rhino horns aren't the size of their entire body

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

maybealabia posted:

Next you're going to tell Rhino horns aren't the size of their entire body

The child's retractable horn I remember particularly wound someone up.

For me it's the two different-sized, but both sentient, insects. Big ones get rights.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mary Worth '98

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (July 28-30, 1924; spoilers for Latino-oriented shenanigans, even if the dude's an obvious forgery)

Toonerville Folks (September 29-October 1, 1921)

Dok's "Seriously Doesn't Qualify As A Car Anymore" Duck (November 29, 1914)

Little Lefty (February 13-15, 1939)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Why is 1998 Mary Worth arguing with herself.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's her evil doppelganger, Wary Mirth

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

it's her evil doppelganger, Wary Mirth
Oh no, instead of muffins she brings cautious jokes! Get out of there, both of you!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"It's-a RIGHT!" :getin:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The_Other posted:

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

Desmond Fishmans are explicitly forbidden.

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

So shut up about bootblacking :mad:

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

The_Other posted:

Seems a bit heavy handed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I will continue to use the microwave as i see fit, thank you very much.

its time to call in Tim Curry to contain Francis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVzYS3Ga_j8

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

We will go to a land where we are free to bootblack.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Peanuts Through the Ages (May 9-10, 1968)

Big Nate

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm still trying to decide if this farce is stupider than upgrading a completely legal scam to a count of attempted murder
Even if his identity was revealed he probably could've spun it as a like, change of heart new leaf thing, he's seen the light and no longer follows his old criminal ways, blah blah blah. Might've hurt the scheme a bit but kept it from being killed entirely. But no: Attempted murder.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Man this whole plotline still annoys the bejeezus out of me. It feels really self-insertiony to have your character be so outrageous with his extreme grilling that it literally impacts the future of the whole planet.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

New on the comics page: Enjoy the "spot the differences" strips in Slylock Fox? Now try it except with bad scan quality. (It's not going in the daily rotation.)

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Doomykins posted:

I can't unsee Randy Popeye loving up the lines of action every time now. Giving every single character the same loving and supporting voice isn't great either.

It really does beg the question of why they feel the need to do this obligational fighting at all when there's no apparent core conflict. See, this is what makes Thimble Theater so great. Every character is so naturally inclined to being a jerk they can be combative without even having to actually fight each other.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (October 10, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

We're supposed to have such deep and abiding hatred for these two relatively normal guys that we can't help but detect the stink of loser wafting off of them. I know it's been said over and over again, but this strip is bizarre in its spittle-flecked rage against young people; more so than any other strip that's run ITT (including Foob, which is bizarre in its own unique ways).

I honestly think the "women sure do hate Dustin" stuff is supposed to be more misogynist than it is anti-Dustin. They're just so viciously unprovoked the only consistent way to read them is that women have unreasonably high standards. I swear that at some point Dustin was at least going on dates, sometimes with the same woman multiple times, an idea which is hard to fathom with the current editorial direction.