Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hash is just the original concentrate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
cavemen buried hash in corn husks to ferment I think

TheKub
May 11, 2006

fuctifino posted:

I'm not doing a very good job at talking myself out of it.... am I?

You're not doing me any favors either, buddy. Now this is on my radar dammit.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

TheKub posted:

You're not doing me any favors either, buddy. Now this is on my radar dammit.

Let me help by posting a pretty picture of it close up, minus the top gauze

So pretty :allears:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

afroserty posted:

About to pick up some hash for the first time. I'll be using my dynavap tip which should just be straight forward to use.

Any tips appreciated

hash is a strange animal. it doesn't burn like you'd think, it wants to smolder, so if you smoke it it's better to light it, it flames up, and you blow it out then it just puts off smoke as it smolders and you keep hitting it, otherwise you never get a good rip just torching it. vaping it in the dynavap, it works ok, I don't feel like you get a complete extraction from hash in it, it tends to work better being smoked for some reason. This is why it works great in joints.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I can only get one, what should I order for my week on holiday?

Some local guy on Signal posted:

- Green Poison
- Amnesia Haze
- Wedding Cake
- Kushage
- HulkBerry
- Cristal Candy
- Black Domina

I'm thinking Wedding Cake because I love Girl Scout Cookies and Birthday Cake

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
wedding cake is the only one of those i have heard of but it's always good

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I have a 710coils "deep dish" 25mm banger+axial coil setup.

I don't think I could ever go back to torches and I find bullshit portables (yocan etc) somewhat frustrating now; flip side is this thing makes it easy to just absolutely trash my tolerance. Can quickly and painlessly just evaporate grams of concentrate if you want. I put it on a timer switch because I knew I'd eventually be dumb and leave the controller on.

Usually Cerberus isn't sitting there but there's a perspective thing happening there, too; 470F banger was, in fact, a reasonable distance from Highly Flammable Doggo. When not posing pictures the rig just sits in the middle of my otherwise pretty clear desk and it does not give me the willies the way using a torch at 3am used to give me the willies. When I'm not using it, the desk folds shut and there's a shelf on the wall for the temp controller and rig.

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!

ReelBigLizard posted:

I can only get one, what should I order for my week on holiday?

I'm thinking Wedding Cake because I love Girl Scout Cookies and Birthday Cake

wedding cake sounds good. also you get weed from signal??

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Phat Phingers posted:

wedding cake sounds good. also you get weed from signal??

I got connected through the local weed community and he works through signal exclusively. It's not cheap, but apparently the stuff is good and they deliver.

Edit: was absolutely intending on Birthday Cake but then I read up on Crystal Candy and it sounded like good chill holiday weed (Holiweed) so I decided to try something new.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 10, 2023

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
it's sunday and I'm on the weed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

Good reminder!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

So I'm going through this cycle of getting high, buying poo poo online and then forgetting about it completely so its like I'm receiving gifts from a secret admirer when it turns up in the mail. Also gently caress me the colours are fire tonight. Real tron/blade runner thing going on.

Thanks weed. :okpos:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

So I'm going through this cycle of getting high, buying poo poo online and then forgetting about it completely so its like I'm receiving gifts from a secret admirer when it turns up in the mail.
AliExpress is great for this, and you won't break the bank (it's a lot harder to, anyway). And longer shipping times mean you're even more pleasantly surprised when your poo poo shows up seemingly out of nowhere! :greatgift:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Code Jockey posted:

I was on the weed too my dude, and I can't remember much but I think I ate an entire bag of Nerds candy corn.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

King Vidiot posted:

I was on the weed too my dude, and I can't remember much but I think I ate an entire bag of Nerds candy corn.

I also like to get high and make poor dietary decisions.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Well my second ever drug deal* went super well. A girl drove up in a car, I gave her a code word, handed her the cash in a cigarette packet and got a professionally sealed pack of pretty, pungent, perfectly cured buds.

* I wasn't a stoner before I got medical weed, I only ever bought or traded with friends before.

In completely unrelated news, I have discovered the refreshing joy of a cold bidet on a hot day. I'm high, squeaky clean and full refreshed and I'm never going back.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

So I'm going through this cycle of getting high, buying poo poo online and then forgetting about it completely so its like I'm receiving gifts from a secret admirer when it turns up in the mail. Also gently caress me the colours are fire tonight. Real tron/blade runner thing going on.

Thanks weed. :okpos:

sound like you smokin' on that sherm

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
y'all wet

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSH3yJs-FJc

It just keeps going...

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Hey guys I'm still new to smoking the devil's lettuce. I smoke joints and hit the bong when smashing grass, but most of my family smokes blunts. I want to smoke with them, but i'm scared of getting a nicotine addiction from whatever tiny hit I take. Is it possible to get addic to nic from one hit of the spit to my poo poo?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
you'll get super nicotine where your soul should be instantly, sorry

is bringing a box of joints you already rolled too gauche for your family?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Phat Phingers posted:

Hey guys I'm still new to smoking the devil's lettuce. I smoke joints and hit the bong when smashing grass, but most of my family smokes blunts. I want to smoke with them, but i'm scared of getting a nicotine addiction from whatever tiny hit I take. Is it possible to get addic to nic from one hit of the spit to my poo poo?

for what its worth, the thing that leads to nicotine addiction isn't just smoking one cig, its using nicotine to deal with stress and other emotions. That's what gets you started, then the nicotine keeps you addicted. I smoked for almost a decade, quit almost a decade ago and still occasionally smoke blunts or spliffs if that's whats being passed. Doesn't trigger any cravings and I don't magically want more later

What I'm saying is get high w/ your family dude

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ł ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

yeah blunts ain't like cigs, cigars or oral tobacco, at all

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Phat Phingers posted:

My experience is you have to work hard at developing a nicotine addiction. I doubt a blunt here or there would do it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I've never had cigarettes or anything, blunts don't leave me with cravings or anything of the sort

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

redshirt posted:

My experience is you have to work hard at developing a nicotine addiction. I doubt a blunt here or there would do it.
I don't usually smoke tobacco but I shared a few spliffs last month while visiting friends, can confirm that I was not instantly addicted to nicotine and still prefer joints or a bowl if smoking with others (rather than vaping, which I usually do). very doubtful that a couple blunts or spliffs are gonna get you hooked, you've usually got to get into cigarettes or oral tobacco a lot more for that to happen

Blotto_Otter fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 12, 2023

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Just for clarity, when you guys say “blunts” that’s all weed inside but wrapped in tobacco leaves, right?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

yeah, mine only crystallized because of smoking in bars and extra breaks working retail

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Just for clarity, when you guys say “blunts” that’s all weed inside but wrapped in tobacco leaves, right?

I have done all weed except for the cigar paper, and I've also done weed+tobacco mixed inside of cigar paper. Actually it was a ritual for me for a while. I wanna say it was Tuesdays? I'd get a Black and Mild, empty it out, shove ground weed back in with a little bit of the tobacco I emptied out. Then, my ex wife and I would get really loving blazed while watching Lost during its original run. Whatever day Lost was on is the day we did that. That was pretty cool.

I never got addicted to tobacco. I've even smoked like, a small handful of reglar cigarettes in my life while drunk.

Sep 11, 2023

quote:

don't ya just hate it when your pot doesn't work?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
trimming. trimming never changes.

I was at the house of someone who had a stack of sweater-sized tupperware bins of bud sitting on a table and a couple 20-something bright eyed kids there probably working for bud, and I said "have you considered a trimming machine?" and she said "this has all already been through a trimming machine".

Just :lol:, it makes me feel better about the maybe couple three pounds more I will have to trim up before the end of the year if things go well and I get a little lucky with weather.

redshirt posted:

I think it's like cocaine in that some people find it very, very hard to become addicted to and other people find it impossible to not become instantly addicted. It just depends on what clicks with your personal locks.

I think that I personally am: substantially dependent on cannabis, at generally high risk for becoming dependent on opioids if I ever suddenly had unbridled legal access to them, and generally at low risk for becoming dependent on nicotine, cocaine or amphetamine. I smoke a tobacco pipe once in a while and enjoy it; I think the last time I did coke was when I turned 25 (mid '00s), and amphetamine is a utility thing which I generally dislike and use less than annually over the last 10 years, but, will grudgingly admit it's got tremendous value in specific situations.

It's reductive to say "there's upper people and downer people", when I've known so many folks who seem interested in trying to die from both things at once, but also it's not surprising to me that a weed thread would skew away from people who have problematic relationships with stimmy poo poo.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 12, 2023

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

bagmonkey posted:

for what its worth, the thing that leads to nicotine addiction isn't just smoking one cig, its using nicotine to deal with stress and other emotions. That's what gets you started, then the nicotine keeps you addicted. I smoked for almost a decade, quit almost a decade ago and still occasionally smoke blunts or spliffs if that's whats being passed. Doesn't trigger any cravings and I don't magically want more later

i concur. this is a very smart take on how addiction works in general

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

bagmonkey posted:

great post, thanks. I will smoke with them from now on

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
don’t forget to autotune your pid controllers

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ok so I spent some more time with this thca weed today, and it does work, the other pack of it wasn't as bad as the first, but both taste bitter/astringent in a way I can't quite explain. I've found scant information online other than obvious plants trying to disseminate nothing but positive vibes around a clearly shady product. someone suggested that it was not sprayed but the weed is picked early to limit the thc, or is cured poorly...I'm still not convinced this stuff isn't adulterated, but the high feels pretty normal, maybe a little headachy...sad I can't just be in legal land.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Just smoked some old weed. I have TONS of old weed.

Not literal tons DEA or whoever, I was being metaphorical.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Mmmkay. So the vaphit mini bubbler setup arrived.

I ordered 2: 1 for me and one for my sister. They also sent me a glass stem as an apology for late shipping due to a tropical storm affecting their supplier which was kind of them. The stem is basically a glass stem that fits the dynavap oven to replace the stock metal stems dynavap come with.

Anyway the results are in: I got high so product success.

After that? Mostly just have to think of it not as a dynavap replacement stem, and more of a tiny bong, which means being careful not to tip it up wrong. I do like the compactness, and that I can seal the whole thing including heater in that case.

I like it, but... my god is it trashy looking/feeling. I don't mean the quality of the thing: that's really nice and I'm happy with it, but just look at that second pic. It's the most "hi I'm doing illicit drugs" looking setup. Even though I'm using a legal prescription. Also the bubbler goes green dirty real quick which makes it look even grosser and more shady. I can and have used a basic dynavap in public. It's got enough of the cigarette look that nobody notices or cares. I don't know if I'll ever have the guts to use the vaphit setup in public. Strong crack pipe energy which concerns me.

As far as dynavap goes I still say water filtering is something to aim for, but I think the orb is more my aesthetic. We'll see what I use more in the next few weeks.

Edit: also I think the price of that vaphit setup was about half of an orb? So quite cheap water cooling as well.

Edit2: at least it's pretty easy to clean. Swish a bit of iso alcohol through it and it cleans up 90% and it's small enough to fit in my ultrasonic cleaner so we'll see how that goes.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 13, 2023

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
just packed up a couple of AVB capsules for my ~30 hours of flights from australia to qatar to italy

last time i did a long haul flight on edibles it became a sweaty, intense nightmare which at least distracted me from the fact that I was on a plane. I guess id rather be scared than bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

aaaah a belly full of ABV, no better way to lift your play token off the game board and drop it somewhere between "dizzying ether frolic" and "the withering flame of man's third act"