Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
RIP Camrath, I hope you find the peace you deserve.

And the rest of you, do not be afraid to seek the help you need and deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiderbot
Oct 21, 2012

De-lurking to say RIP Camrath, and condolences to his family and friends. His fudge was amazing, but more than that he always seemed ready to lend a hand to people who needed it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

gently caress. no, please.

Camrath :( You will be missed. My deepest condolences to all those who love him.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

poo poo. This was a shock to wake up to.
Rest in peace dude :(

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Don't really know what else to say other than that this sucks, RIP Camrath, I don't think we ever directly interacted here or on the Discord but he seemed like a lovely bloke :(. My condolences to you and yours, Klepsie

From his posts in the Discord it was clear he had been having some rough times recently, but I'd thought he'd made it through the worst of it. I suppose not.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Awful news. Bought his incredible fudge a bunch of times and I don't think it's ever lasted longer than an hour or 2. Extremely good vibes when he posted in the podcast discord to boot. RIP Camrath.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
This is the worst news.

Camrath, you were always a sunny and upbeat poster who lightened up the threads. Rest in peace, brother.

fatninja187
Oct 4, 2013

Beware the ninja

I didn't know him, but I liked his fudge and bought some twice. Even got a non poster to buy some.

He seemed like a good guy rip.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Ah gently caress, that's so so sad. An amazing guy, who made amazing fudge. I wish all the best to his friends and family for handling this loss.

loving hell.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

serious gaylord posted:

He was posting about new fudge like 2 days ago.

This has spun me right out

Yep, proper hosed up

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Devastating to hear. :( RIP Camrath and condolences to everyone in his circle.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

serious gaylord posted:

He was posting about new fudge like 2 days ago.

This has spun me right out

Facebook's algorithm served me the latest fudge update just earlier today. :( Fucks sake.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Hope this isn't inappropriate but here are some links.

Thought about spoilering it but decided not to.

Under35s https://www.papyrus-uk.org/ - 0800 068 41 41

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/ - "Whatever you're going through, call us free any time, from any phone, on 116 123"

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/our-work/public-engagement/suicide-prevention (more general)

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/explore-mental-health/get-help - list of various contact numbers / sources

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i liked that he wasn't ashamed to post about his experiences of ghosts, which are real :)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
had spooky, never explained poo poo happen to #metoo

RIP the big man

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

RIP dude. You were one of the good ones.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Hope this isn't inappropriate but here are some links.

Thought about spoilering it but decided not to.

Under35s https://www.papyrus-uk.org/ - 0800 068 41 41

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/ - "Whatever you're going through, call us free any time, from any phone, on 116 123"

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/our-work/public-engagement/suicide-prevention (more general)

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/explore-mental-health/get-help - list of various contact numbers / sources

that's the kinda thing we (mods and admins) share with people posting about suicidal ideation so I have absolutely no problem with it being a UK centric reminder in this thread

actually I'm gonna save it in the event we have a known brit with similar needs in the future

edited for clarity

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 13, 2023

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Ah, man :( . I'd been a regular customer but I'd only had the opportunity to meet him last weekend. It was lovely to meet him and I'm glad I took that opportunity.

RIP Camrath.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Genuinely shocked by this news. Condolences to his friends and family. He made many a goon happy with his fudge, and probably many a goons' dentist happy too.

As it would have been his birthday tomorrow, I'd chuck some money at a charity in his honour, if there's one in particular that was important to him?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Rest in peace Cam and condolences to the loved ones, going to add another voice to the chorus of please reach out if you don't know what else you can do.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What a shitter

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
can't really say anything but add to the condolences list, what terrible news

am going to be back in the uk soon for the first time since pre-pandemic and was just idly thinking when he posted the new flavours that maybe i should take the opportunity to support a goon and finally pick up some of that fudge that everyone likes so much :(

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
rest in peace Camrath, you were a good lad and we'll miss you. my deepest sympathies to those close to him.

IceG
Feb 7, 2006

Bigger than Hitler - Better than Christ

God what horrible news, I only spoke to him via fudge orders but he seemed like a good egg and his fudge was amazing.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Crushing, terrible news. Condolences and huge sympathy to everyone who knew him. There's not words for how sad it is.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Ah poo poo.

He seemed like a good guy. Hope you can find some peace now mate.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Well, gently caress.

Tactical Grace
May 1, 2008
Delurking to pay respect - I'll miss your posting and fudge Camrath. My girlfriend, who's not even a goon, was upset to hear about the nice fudge man too. :(

JockstrapManthrust
Apr 30, 2013
Well, poo poo. That's awful. Cam was one of the good ones and I always enjoyed his posts. RIP dude.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Condolences to the friends and family, and let me add that I was another who found the fudge to be magnificent.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Tactical Grace posted:

Delurking to pay respect - I'll miss your posting and fudge Camrath. My girlfriend, who's not even a goon, was upset to hear about the nice fudge man too. :(

Yeah my parents were upset too, they had bumped into him a couple of times at LARP events and similar and said he was lovely.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

RIP Camrath. I really liked his fudge, buying it was probably the closest rl interaction I've had with anyone on here.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

What terrible news, poor guy. He'd only posted about trading not far from me this last weekend and I'd have gone down had I not realised delicious fudge would have been deleterious to my diet efforts.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

RIP Camrath

I didn't expect to wake up and start crying.

Farewell good man, you brought happiness to this thread.

emmetsprogress
Aug 24, 2009
Yet another lurker coming out of hiding to say RIP to another good poster, and good person by all accounts.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
RIP camrath, I didn't know the guy at all and I never tried his fudge because diabetes. I know I once looked into the other thread and someone was giving him a hard time while he wasn't there and I wondered what, this guy always posted the most inoffensive stuff how'd he piss someone off?

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
Echoing all the condolences from another mostly lurker.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

De lurking to say how awful this news is and to express my condolences to Camrath’s friends and family. Was always a very warm and welcome poster with such interesting insights. And on the fudge front, the only goon I ever felt comfortable sharing my address with which I guess says something.

Oct 4, 2005

Condolences from another mostly ex-goon, terrible news to wake up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testro
May 2, 2009
Just awful.