Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Paramemetic posted:

well idiots I'm pleased to say I am no longer in any danger at all in this game, everything from now on is gonna be completely free because my safety is now guaranteed by Allmind :smuggo:

edit: holy gently caress whose dumb idea was this next mission, god I hate this loving level

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Lmao, so there's OHK builds in multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMgVHS5pNwQ

This is almost certainly getting nerfed if they do multiplayer adjustments.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Volte posted:

Okay so I tried adopting parts of this loadout but I clearly am missing something because my Assault Shield does not insta-stun her (it gets her down to about 15% shield) and when she does get stunned, the Laser Lance does like almost no damage but it's clearly doing most of the work in this video.

Also simply dodging into the sword definitely does not work most of the time. It must be either a timing thing or a direction thing because if I do it even after she has wound up, she just instantly turns to track me and the arc can reach 180 degrees so even if I dodge past and she doesn't track me, it still hits me most of the time. Circle strafing her has been the most effective strategy so far but boost dodging her missile barrages leaves me open to a sword attack. I will get this eventually!!

Here's the trick to dodging it that i found.

Fromsoft games have trained you that dodging backwards is bad and you want to dodge to the side or backwards.

For ayre this is wrong. you really do want to dodge backwards.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Play posted:

You don't have the pile driver during Balteus.all you've got are basic core parts, some weaker missiles, laser cannons and the intro hand weapons.

The fightwas definitely hard, especially in a medium weight ac. Harder than anything else in the game by double at least imo

I can see the impulse because I really don't like missiles and don't find them especially effective in most situations, but if you're boosting everything you really gotta boost all the units and bosses as well. Which I actually would like to see, most of this game is too loving easy and I will die on that hill

CS Lewis is referring to the Sea Spider lol, I'm describing how I beat both bosses.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The playable versions of the ultimate endgame Coral-powered Cores don't seem particularly well-optimised for AC duelling, with most of their weaponry (except for the Moonlight Redshift) being slow-charging, energy-hungry, and/or easily avoidable. Any tricks I'm missing, or are they really mostly just siege builds for engaging large, slow-moving enemies?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Darth Walrus posted:

The playable versions of the ultimate endgame Coral-powered Cores don't seem particularly well-optimised for AC duelling, with most of their weaponry (except for the Moonlight Redshift) being slow-charging, energy-hungry, and/or easily avoidable. Any tricks I'm missing, or are they really mostly just siege builds for engaging large, slow-moving enemies?

I mean optimal ac dueling is much more something like Raven's build, stagger then punish with a pile bunker to chonk their hp.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Crain posted:

Lmao, so there's OHK builds in multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMgVHS5pNwQ

This is almost certainly getting nerfed if they do multiplayer adjustments.

Uh yeah the chainsaw is still in the game.

(I know it's not in the video but it's OHK)

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Nea posted:

For ayre[ this is wrong. you really do want to dodge backwards.

You can walk left underneath the swordswipe. Haven't really tried that with the phantoms.

Idiot Doom Spiral fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 12, 2023

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

War Wizard posted:

Uh yeah the chainsaw is still in the game.

(I know it's not in the video but it's OHK)
You're right, that was in his earlier video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VOCZIygJSw

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Completed the Liberator of Rubicon route. Armored Core VI is fun as hell, money well spent on getting it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I had a bad experience with the chainsaw the first time I tried to use it because making contact with the uncharged attack seems spotty even if the target isn't moving but in NG++ I tried it again and have learned the gospel of Always Be Charging.

The needle missiles are also amazing. They have a huge lock time but are so fast you stand a fair chance of hitting anything that's not too dodgy at close range without a lock. And of course you don't need a lock to hit a stunned target with that huge direct fire multiplier.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
lmao the final boss went down like a baby chump in 3 tries just like always, iguazu you fuckin' baby the lead up mission before it was a million times more aggravating

gently caress what a good fight tho, what a good game, gonna keep playing it I think maybe go for some of those S ranks because it's just fun as hell, gotta at least finish the combat logs, etc

what a good ending too lmao hell yeah

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Unfortunately the chainsaw isn't perfect, a few enemies in the campaign stagger or otherwise have really weird reactions to it like the boss at the end of depths 2 whose upper torso jiggles bizarrely allowing them to ignore the majority of the hits.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh man I love the funnels, the charge shot is brutal

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Paramemetic posted:

Okay how the gently caress do you get the enemies to show up in Regain Control of the Xylem?

Your best bet is to just explore around each part of the level separately, memorizing the locations in each section before restarting and trying for the next room. You don't have to kill the invisible enemy to be able to shoot the generators. Killing the invisible guys will highlight the generator targets but they never change locations so memorization is the overall fastest and most stress free way to do it.

Try 1:
look around and find the first two generators
Reload mission

Try 2:
fly straight to the first two generators and shoot them, move to room 2.
look around and try to find gens 3 and 4
Reload mission

Try 3:
fly straight to the first two generators and shoot them, move to room 2.
fly straight to the next two generators and shoot them, move to room 3.
look around and try to find gens 5 and 6
Reload mission

...and so on.

It takes longer than it should doing it this way but it's WAY less stressful, which means you're more able to commit the locations to memory and just zip straight to the next part on the next run.

edit: beaten a few times, lol.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

New Game Plus, new AC name and color-scheme. Though I should at least take a break because I haven't touch the moogle treasure trove in FFXIV and the first half of SV's DLC coming out tomorrow...

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Ardryn posted:

Unfortunately the chainsaw isn't perfect, a few enemies in the campaign stagger or otherwise have really weird reactions to it like the boss at the end of depths 2 whose upper torso jiggles bizarrely allowing them to ignore the majority of the hits.

Yeah, but you can adapt and try a different angle of approach. The worst is how you slowly float up and then over and whiff the final swing, which is responsible for most of the damage.

Pyro Jack posted:

New Game Plus, new AC name and color-scheme. Though I should at least take a break because I haven't touch the moogle treasure trove in FFXIV and the first half of SV's DLC coming out tomorrow...

Those burst machine guns pair well with the kinetic orbit back pieces to create a 4x machine gun burst that destroys everything while you retain max speed.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 13, 2023

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Lmao ng++

ran out of zimmer ammo against Allmind and I punched it dead

That Coral blackhole scared me. Stuff of nightmares

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 13, 2023

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

WaltherFeng posted:

Lmao ng++

ran out of zimmer ammo against Allmind and I punched it dead

That Coral blackhole scared me. Stuff of nightmares

Punching Iguazu to death in his ultimate form as he pissmoans is the best ending

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

War Wizard posted:

They just need to let us turn off boosters and deadfall.
let go of the stick

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

let go of the stick

Boosters don't turn off in air. Like yeah you fall a little faster but it isn't a boosters off fall.

Edit: Did a little experiment. The fast fall caps at 1078 regardless of build, which is pretty dang fast. Depth 1 just has weird scaling that doesn't really make it feel as fast. I was tricked by the boosters lighting up when falling, into thinking that they were slowing descent but just less than lateral movement. But it's just a visual animation of free falling.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 13, 2023

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah free fall is amusingly pretty good at dodging some attacks. Directional falling on the other hand gets you owned every time!

Sucks!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

welp, satellite boss got hands. how do you dodge the triple sword

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I think the side platforms in Depths 1 are trap options. It’s a lot faster and more reliable to fall down onto each little support platform in the middle. They’re more evenly spaced and close enough together that they provide pretty decent protection against the lasers and missions.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Captain Foo posted:

welp, satellite boss got hands. how do you dodge the triple sword

Quick boost backwards worked for my lightweight reverse-joint build.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
i've settled on this build for an ultralight option and so far i'm finding it pretty good, it moves fast and hits hard and looks cool doing it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
NEPENTHES is easy when you understand that if you can't see it, it can't zap you with its beams. You want a Light AC cause it'll fall faster, and can just drop vertically down the stacked platforms two at a time. The vertical pillar will cover you from the two snipers past the checkpoint and the beams will never touch you.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Working on clearing S rank all pre NG++ missions I have left, 9 more to go,

Kinda Dreading doing Carla again, do I need to kill Snail to get the S rank?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Working on clearing S rank all pre NG++ missions I have left, 9 more to go,

Kinda Dreading doing Carla again, do I need to kill Snail to get the S rank?

No. Take the top route and just assault boost to the fight. You'll probably have to memorize the enemy locations in the trap room so you can blast through them asap. This one took a few tries.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Snake Maze posted:

Quick boost backwards worked for my lightweight reverse-joint build.

i'm playing quick biped and this worked decently well, i have to remember to boost straight BACK not to the side, which feels like it should work. With a loadout similar to the balteus fight I can semi-reliably get to phase 2 now, but then it seemed like I couldn't do much damage at all.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Captain Foo posted:

i'm playing quick biped and this worked decently well, i have to remember to boost straight BACK not to the side, which feels like it should work. With a loadout similar to the balteus fight I can semi-reliably get to phase 2 now, but then it seemed like I couldn't do much damage at all.

It helped a lot psychologically when I realized that phase 2 is more like the 80% mark. The boss stops putting its shield up after that so the rest of the health bar goes a lot faster.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was in the middle of a pvp match and the other player managed to fall off my radar entirely. He was less than 100 meters from me - is that actually a mechanic? We were in discord chat together and not super sure how they did it lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Snake Maze posted:

It helped a lot psychologically when I realized that phase 2 is more like the 80% mark. The boss stops putting its shield up after that so the rest of the health bar goes a lot faster.

I was having a lot of trouble landing damage but I’m also less familiar with the pattern, i suppose

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

just got the third ending

pretty fun, the mission leading to the final fight was annoying but i basically bullied the final boss for that route. which feels supremely appropriate considering who it is.

i think the fires of raven final boss was my favorite of the three, though it has the worst ending

e: thinking about it, fires of raven just has the most fun endgame in general, the prelude to the final boss is the best mission in the game

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RBA Starblade posted:

I was in the middle of a pvp match and the other player managed to fall off my radar entirely. He was less than 100 meters from me - is that actually a mechanic? We were in discord chat together and not super sure how they did it lol

Each head has a timer on how long the radar shows stuff, so it could be that. Only thing I can think of, but I'm assuming that's talking about scanning. If you're talking about the red pips on the bottom of the screen then I have no idea lol.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PathAsc posted:

Each head has a timer on how long the radar shows stuff, so it could be that. Only thing I can think of, but I'm assuming that's talking about scanning. If you're talking about the red pips on the bottom of the screen then I have no idea lol.

Yeah the red pips at the bottom. I was even looking at him at one point and they still didn't show up lol

I didn't win that one :v:

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
Finished 100%ing the game with my S-rank blitz. It was a lot easier than I thought; pretty much all you have to do is go fast as possible, with a few exceptions.

So a few outstanding questions (NG++ spoilers)

Who is Kate Markson? Is she an allmind protege? AI? Except for the BAWS inspection and the coral transport, she doesn’t show up at all.

Whose invisible MTs are at the BAWS arsenal? Are they old institute tech? If so; who sent them?

Raven. You get to hear about her and “borrowed raven wings” during her two fights; and then again during the cataphract fight. Plus I guess you loot her corpse for your ID. Guessing the first DLC/expansion will add more to her story.

The story trailer with 617 and friends doesn’t show up at all in the actual game except for an off handed comment from Walter about them doing their job; and Sulla taunting you, it doesn’t explain what Walter was having them do; and why that sets up 621.

Overall, just an exceptional game. Save for Tears of the Kingdom, this might have been my GOTY.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Dalaram posted:

Finished 100%ing the game with my S-rank blitz. It was a lot easier than I thought; pretty much all you have to do is go fast as possible, with a few exceptions.

Who is Kate Markson? Is she an allmind protege? AI? Except for the BAWS inspection and the coral transport, she doesn’t show up at all.

Whose invisible MTs are at the BAWS arsenal? Are they old institute tech? If so; who sent them?

Raven. You get to hear about her and “borrowed raven wings” during her two fights; and then again during the cataphract fight. Plus I guess you loot her corpse for your ID. Guessing the first DLC/expansion will add more to her story.

The story trailer with 617 and friends doesn’t show up at all in the actual game except for an off handed comment from Walter about them doing their job; and Sulla taunting you, it doesn’t explain what Walter was having them do; and why that sets up 621.

Overall, just an exceptional game. Save for Tears of the Kingdom, this might have been my GOTY.

In order: ALLMIND themself, ALLMIND's, the Raven thing wasn't really a question, and they all died prior to the game starting and it's presumably due to that mission and possibly others like it that 621 was able to land on Rubicon at all.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Dalaram posted:

pretty sure Kate Markson is just Allmind with the most human name it could possibly think of.

Those stealth critters are Ghosts I think. Allmind's assassination units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Dalaram posted:

Also, just to clear up any confusion Raven isn't the voice you hear, that's their operator. "Raven" doesn't speak just like in the old games.