Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

Becky just beat Tiffany Stratton for the NXT Women's Title

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

lol

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
That's her 1st time winning the strap isn't it? Makes her a Grand Slam champ too

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Island Nation posted:

That's her 1st time winning the strap isn't it? Makes her a Grand Slam champ too

Yeah which is why they did it.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Becky just beat Tiffany Stratton for the NXT Women's Title

lmao

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Who's Tiffany Stratton?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Who's Tiffany Stratton?

*reads notes*

A jobber to the stars after tonight’s show.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Who's Tiffany Stratton?

Former NXT Women's Champion

She does this really good
https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1699213103206936827?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They're really gonna run filler arcs for both Rhea and Becky until Wrestlemania season, lmao

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Ganso Bomb posted:

I mean, Nia stinks but if she has coworkers who still like her I can see them reacting strongly to this stuff considering how much everyone generally (and rightfully) shits on her

There's disliking Nia for good reasons (her moveset is permanently set at WWE Big Man, and those always suck), and there's disliking her for bad reasons (everyone just being a dickhead about her weight/appearance/a billion other things). And I don't feel like a lot of people are going "I'll be honest, she's been hampered by the WWE house style and it's too late in her career to expect improvement" in the replies.

Besides, you don't seem them going "should we have brought Brock back" or "yes/no, was the random Undertaker cameo too much? be honest" for engagement. It's a weird thing to do for a big return.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Lurks With Wolves posted:

There's disliking Nia for good reasons (her moveset is permanently set at WWE Big Man, and those always suck), and there's disliking her for bad reasons (everyone just being a dickhead about her weight/appearance/a billion other things). And I don't feel like a lot of people are going "I'll be honest, she's been hampered by the WWE house style and it's too late in her career to expect improvement" in the replies.

Besides, you don't seem them going "should we have brought Brock back" or "yes/no, was the random Undertaker cameo too much? be honest" for engagement. It's a weird thing to do for a big return.

Where do reasons like "she doesn't protect other workers", "is a black hole of charisma and actively sucks the life out of everything she's in" and "has shoot fights in the ring" fall?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Nia isn't on the level of either of those people, lol. I saw plenty of people questioning a lot of the returns, like Hit Row without Swerve, or Bronson Reed, or Gallows and Anderson.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Is she also an anti vaxxer?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Majinfoose posted:

Is she also an anti vaxxer?

Vocally, she got fired the first time because she refused to get the vaccine. I wonder if they just dropped that requirement or she caved.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Nobody has a vax requirement for anything anymore

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whenever I see people complain about Nia I just remember that "My hole" was actually just a goof to pop Triple H

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Now that Vince is #2 in his company, what is the likelihood of Ari meddling in Vince's plans? I know he has a relative inside WWE already though I assume he'd be more direct over say having Roman drop the belt or have him work full time.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i can't imagine ari emanuel giving a poo poo about the creative of wwe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NXT has four singles titles and only half of them are held by their actual roster

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Silly Newbie posted:

Where do reasons like "she doesn't protect other workers", "is a black hole of charisma and actively sucks the life out of everything she's in" and "has shoot fights in the ring" fall?

Also valid, I'm not trying to pull a gotcha on the thread.

(And yes, I know Nia Jax is not Brock Lesnar. But if you have someone return in the main event of an episode, you'd expect them to actually give a poo poo for at least a week.)

EDIT: How did I think until just now that the original tweet was from an official WWE account. Ignore the second point, official WWE social media isn't actively undercutting her. Yet, we know how WWE treats their Big Men/Women/Etcetera.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 13, 2023

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1701767266877014043

We are in the bottom of the third on the restoration of Pete Dunne's name

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
If you don't want the conversation to be about Nia's appearance then don't make it about that. Anyone with half a brain is irritated that she returned because she's unsafe and just sucks as a pro wrestler.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just a matter of time before Vince sees Mary Poppins for the first time ever, and then we see Pete Dunne as a cockney chimneysweep.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

xbilkis posted:

Either Dunne/Butcher/Dutcher is

a) standing on a banana crate,
b) that lady is two feet tall, or
c) she is doing splits like that one tall-ish interviewer, only more so.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Island Nation posted:

Now that Vince is #2 in his company, what is the likelihood of Ari meddling in Vince's plans? I know he has a relative inside WWE already though I assume he'd be more direct over say having Roman drop the belt or have him work full time.

Close to nil. So long as WWE is making money Ari will be hands off, he doesn't give a poo poo about the wrestling business

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Grendels Dad posted:

Either Dunne/Butcher/Dutcher is

a) standing on a banana crate,
b) that lady is two feet tall, or
c) she is doing splits like that one tall-ish interviewer, only more so.

Looking at his collar I think he's slowly being hoisted to the ceiling

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

xbilkis posted:

pete? PETE?!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

xbilkis posted:

Watching HHH set up his chess pieces is watching a master at work. I’ll take an extra large popcorn for where this is going

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did they make Dunne lose weight? I remember him showing up as a thick boy chewing on title belts.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

Pete Dunne's new gimmick:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Just Chamber posted:

If you combine it with his hair it looks like he was just dropped into the interview.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Watching HHH set up his chess pieces is watching a master at work. I’ll take an extra large popcorn for where this is going

Let him cook

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did they make Dunne lose weight? I remember him showing up as a thick boy chewing on title belts.

probably partially just like losing a bit of baby fat in the face, he was legit like 23 when they signed him or smth

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

If you don't want the conversation to be about Nia's appearance then don't make it about that. Anyone with half a brain is irritated that she returned because she's unsafe and just sucks as a pro wrestler.

Then call me the perfect date Rupert Holmes because I've only got half a brain. She's great and it's really funny watching people be mad about her being unsafe while all the wrestlers are happy they get to work with their friend again and were really sad when she was fired.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

shiksa posted:

probably partially just like losing a bit of baby fat in the face, he was legit like 23 when they signed him or smth

Lol.

He trimmed way down a few years ago while still Pete Dunne in NXT. I think coming back from injury one time.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Skinny Peter has given us mixed results on the shows. Boney Walter, however, has never failed to bring it.

Vince, size, lol for sure. Just making observations.

Bring back Thicc Pete please.

bartok
May 10, 2006

LOL WWE is owned by the guy Jeremy Piven played on Entourage.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I've only got half a brain. She's great and it's really funny watching people be mad about her being unsafe

To reflect Nia's weight loss, I have trimmed the fat from this post to cut to the lean meat of you telling on yourself.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1701941168647385424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

WWE's CFO Frank Riddick is departing the company. He's been there for 13 years.