Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Also a lurker of the thread, what awful news to wake up to
I bought Camrath’s fudge quite a few times, it was so delicious and always interesting.. RIP Camrath, condolences to his family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Ah gently caress man :(

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

This is awful news, condolences to his family and friends.

He will be missed.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ah gently caress that's some horrible news to wake up to. RIP Camrath.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Another mostly-lurker chiming in..

He sent me "Solidarity Fudge" a couple of years ago when I was in a low place.
It made me smile when I needed that.

RIP Camrath

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Klepsie posted:

Dear goons,

Oh. That's horrible to hear, I'm really sorry to hear this... my condolences to all who knew him.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Came across a genuinely good soul and I'm pretty bummed about it - Hope you've found solace wherever it is.

Lemon-Shaped Rock
Mar 7, 2012
Another lurker, so sorry to hear the news. Had some fudge a while ago from him and really enjoyed.
Hope his family is members are getting the support they need

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Had a grim chuckle at Rory Stewart attempting to reinvent himself as a Sensible Centrist, apparently without comprehending that a full-throated, unconditional condemnation of Jeremy Corbyn is a necessary component of that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I feel so so so sorry for Camrath and for his family.
It really hard and so close to my own home and I just feel awful for all involved.

I loved seeing his stuff about all the fudge flavours and how successful it had become.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah Camrath had said how he started his fudge selling because he wanted to do something to pass the time and it was amazing he could turn it into the business that he did.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
So sorry to read about Camrath. He was a great guy on here, bought his fudge a couple of times and it was always really nice. Thank you for letting us know, and if there's anything we can do to help his wife and family, please do tell us.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/FinancialReview/status/1701440109948887057

:guillotine:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jesus gently caress, and I thought Brendan had a forehead to blot out the sun. :psyduck:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
He's a property developer. His greatest claim to fame before this was whining about avocado toast so

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Terribly sad news.

RIP Camrath and my heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

gently caress.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

It makes me so mad that we seem to constantly lose the best and kindest of us and cunts like this linger on forever, with their heads attached to their shoulders and nary a care in the world.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
RIP Camrath, your fudge was the finest even though the mad chilli one was a bit strong for me.

A great loss to the board.

KittenCaboodle
Jan 16, 2014

Fun Shoe
What awful, shocking news. RIP Camrath. Condolences to his family, I am so sorry. So sorry.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jakabite posted:

It makes me so mad that we seem to constantly lose the best and kindest of us and cunts like this linger on forever, with their heads attached to their shoulders and nary a care in the world.

loving Henry Kissinger is still alive somehow, that decrepit loving war criminal! The world is wildly unfair.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Miftan posted:

that decrepit loving war criminal

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Terrible news to wake up to. RIP Camrath, you always seemed like such a lovely, warm hearted person in our interactions. Sending condolences to friends and family :(

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I had no idea this was such a heavily lurked thread

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

You didn't post the best tweet. Hope you got some more :thermidor:s lined up!

Edit: ok it's probably the same tweet but the text quote is for anyone who isn't going to play the clip

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

kecske posted:

I had no idea this was such a heavily lurked thread

Back when the thread used to do polls we'd get hundreds (sometimes almost a thousand iirc) answers to the poll despite the thread having under 50 regulars.

Lurkers: :justpost:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Miftan posted:

Back when the thread used to do polls we'd get hundreds (sometimes almost a thousand iirc) answers to the poll despite the thread having under 50 regulars.

Run a poll on chocolate oranges? It's possible you are the spokesperson for a silent majority.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
This thread has loads of lurkers. Probably because we don't have a lot of political knowledge to provide comment.

RIP Camrath, turns out even my house mate knew him as well. Wish I got to try his fudge.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Didn't realise you were supposed to have political knowledge before posting here, this is very bad for me...

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Such a shame, Camrath was allways kind to me in the interactions i had with them.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Miftan posted:

You can't make me post!

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ronnie posted:

This thread has loads of lurkers. Probably because we don't have a lot of political knowledge to provide comment.

Have you seen 99's posts?????

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Politics? I barely know'er!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
After posting here for years I'm not sure if I know any more about UK politics, but I know loads more about different things you can shove up your arse

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*ascends into a biblically accurate boomer*
More like poli-tricks!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

After posting here for years I'm not sure if I know any more about UK politics, but I know loads more about different things you can shove up your arse

The only time I've ever had a general anaesthetic is because I shoved something up my arse. You can all delight in knowing that you paid in part, via taxes and the magic of the NHS, for its removal

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ronnie posted:

Being stupid but honest has always worked for me in lieu of knowing things.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah you can just say stuff and if you're being genuine the thread will be okay.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Microplastics posted:

The only time I've ever had a general anaesthetic is because I shoved something up my arse. You can all delight in knowing that you paid in part, via taxes and the magic of the NHS, for its removal

Always nice to learn the origins of posters' usernames.

However as a millennial Irishgoon, I was born free from the yoke of British Arse Payments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ronnie posted:

RIP Camrath, turns out even my house mate knew him as well. Wish I got to try his fudge.

Yeah I don't post loads here these days because I have gently caress all of value to contribute.

Then again that doesn't stop me posting anywhere else. But this is a very good thread that I think people want to avoid making GBS threads up.