Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status/1701603925668028557?s=46&t=uSJSJawvQFzjD2WS7TyYYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Johnny Hockey is in a great situation!! Great decision my man.

Ok now I’m convinced this is a gimmick

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

Ok now I’m convinced this is a gimmick

The Devils calling John Marino Johnny Hockey is one of my favorite bits of this off season. I am impressed by the spite

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Levitate posted:

Bissonette is a piece of poo poo and publically so for years now but I also wouldn't be surprised if players did come to him with info like this as well because he's probably a typical NHLer
Yeah I imagine a non-Boone Jenner player complained.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

It's bad that I saw Western and immediately thought it was another Michigan university with issues in its athletic depts.

This is still bad and should not have happened. Seriously, do these people not pay any attention to things outside their house to know what is and is not acceptable behavior? Do they not have safeguarding classes that people take? Maybe they should.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Having to pick a side, Babcock or Barstool, is a real no-win situation.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Posting for the record that i do not believe mike babcock wasnt immediately back on his bullshit

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

WeaponX posted:

Having to pick a side, Babcock or Barstool, is a real no-win situation.

I'd rather Barstool eat poo poo, and this is coming from someone who's no fan of Babcock and wanted Laviolette as coach of his dumb team this year.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Fire Babcock anyway, just in case.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'd rather Barstool eat poo poo, and this is coming from someone who's no fan of Babcock and wanted Laviolette as coach of his dumb team this year.

I don’t disagree but if the situation was really as innocuous as described by Babcock and Jenner, how could anyone misinterpret it as nefarious? Either someone is lying or the players are (rightfully) so suspicious of Babcock that they cannot in good faith take anything he does at face value. Probably shouldn’t have hired this guy!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

WeaponX posted:

I don’t disagree but if the situation was really as innocuous as described by Babcock and Jenner, how could anyone misinterpret it as nefarious? Either someone is lying or the players are (rightfully) so suspicious of Babcock that they cannot in good faith take anything he does at face value. Probably shouldn’t have hired this guy!

https://twitter.com/F1RETHECANNON/status/1701679520141471754

So, we now have Newland (THN writer) and Porty's "sources" vs. Barstool's "sources". :iiam:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He scrolled and everyone saw Jenner’s dick and that offended Provorov.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Aphrodite posted:

My sources tell me Provorov wears one of those satellite dish dog collars in the showers so he can't see downward

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/cotsonika/status/1701678523243528452

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Which player got really upset at sharing innocuous family photos?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Aphrodite posted:

You're writing your own jokes here.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gerblederp posted:

Fire Babcock anyway, just in case.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
*looks at all the news of today*

Okay NHL, now seems like a pretty apt moment to release the Hockey Canada report

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

you'll all be shocked and stunned and amazed to know the barstool shithead thinks rape jokes/threats are funny

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

The ones without a family

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Obviously somebody on the Jackets heard about the photo sharing thing from Jenner and was upset enough about it to leak it to a podcast. Owns that he gets 0 benefit of the doubt, the miserable prick.

Locker room sounds great already!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I graduated from Western in 2019, and the key speaker at convocation opened with "when I first came here, there were lawn signs everywhere saying 'thank you parents for leaving your daughters here'" and was met with silence from the crowd. It also got blasted in the campus paper and even got mentioned in a few papers across the country in the sense of "you know, you'd think someone would've gone over their script and told them 'uuuuhhhhhh maybe don't make sexual harassment jokes?' but obviously not"

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Bissonnette has been an idiot best known for saying stupid poo poo dating back to the days when he was also a hockey player.

This is an enforcer who got into a staged fight five minutes into a playoff game and got tossed for not tying his jersey down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvMN4F43nRo

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I’m just so confused, is he just forcing players to screencast their taste in memes? Does Babcock even know what AirPlay is?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1701714959560798346?t=sG5MIvST0_EJ4Zx19Q2EBA&s=19

https://twitter.com/BizNasty2point0/status/1701718602972541296?t=akBaNxGifr1Dw6nuNJ-s2w&s=19

Keep posting through it, Biz.

E-
https://twitter.com/WPG_Chief/status/1701668811055706610?t=uR0rjAiRyetNH_S2t1-bVg&s=19

(Taps avatar)

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 13, 2023

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I'll never understand wanting to see other people's photos. This controversy is loving boring and sucks.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Dr Zaius posted:

I'll never understand wanting to see other people's photos. This controversy is loving boring and sucks.

It's possible that he wants to see who is going out partying and drinking in order to determine which players he wants to run out of town.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Dr Zaius posted:

...loving boring and sucks.

Put this on a giant banner outside Nationwide please and thanks.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I can't believe a controversy about Mike Babcock is loving boring and sucks.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think there's something sinister going on and not Jenner (or other players) having a casual-ish conversation with the new coach saying something like "oh I got married this summer here's a nice picture from the wedding"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Put this on a giant banner outside Nationwide please and thanks.

Those staring down a team of "Jake Guentzel and the 29th best prospect pool in the NHL" in the near future shan't throw stones.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Babcock was an old-timey rear end in a top hat coach who both had to clean up his act and has to reckon with a younger generation of players who respond to positive encouragement. He's also been in the world of hockey for decades and is meeting a younger generation of the fraternity of hockey men, which is likely many of the people in his life, and what do all of them care about and talk about for decades? Their families. It's also nice to get to know people you're going to be working and traveling with for a solid half a year at a time, to know about their families they're away from, and to let them know you care.

tl;dr 60-year-old man relates to other men by sharing family photos, using latest technology.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I think Penguins fans can definitely throw stones at the loving Blue Jackets lol. You don't need to respond to every slight. You cheer for a joke of a team, it's ok, there are plenty of us in the same boat.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/kristen_shilton/status/1701685054337151287

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
they gotta move the season start time up by a month if we're gonna have to keep dealing with this

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

This non-story is gonna get more coverage than the covered up rapes.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

This non-story is gonna get more coverage than the covered up rapes.

Well in addition to a whole bunch of people not wanting to bad mouth mates and/or future employers, it’s pretty hard to make it a two sides story. Sure someone will write some kind of dumb garbage but most sports news can’t quite get to rape = not so bad, so it’s pretty hard to generate clicks.

This however is great Facebook material, clash of generations, mobile phone usage, some vague speculation about players partying. All makes for great engagement and numbers of comments on the socials. And isn’t that what sports is all about!

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I mean how does Airplaying photos to a tv work? Can you just throw up the pics you want or do you have to scroll through the whole photo roll while people watch?

Android guy here trying to understand.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Chad Sexington posted:

I mean how does Airplaying photos to a tv work? Can you just throw up the pics you want or do you have to scroll through the whole photo roll while people watch?

Android guy here trying to understand.

Easiest way is just mirror your phone , but you can set it ahead of time and can turn AirPlay off and on if you are getting to pictures you need to scroll past you don’t want others to see.

Or just show an album you created with whatever family pictures.

Like, it’s weird versus just showing the picture on your phone, but I guess they have the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Bissonette is a moron:

“Bissonnette, in a follow-up social-media post, did not back down from the way he portrayed the story on the podcast. In fact, he said, he’d had “tons of players confirm it.” Contacted by The Athletic, Bissonnette disputed Babcock’s denial with a profanity.”

lol at Portzline just reporting Bissonette’s response on what it was.