Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Neito posted:

Everything they do is predicated on the assumption that they're already rich by buying BBBYQ stock, and everything between here and there is just logistics that will sort itself out. The idea that there might be circuit breakers, that markets could roll back transactions, that their stocks will be voided in a bankruptcy, that "the hedgies" may themselves declare bankruptcy rather than pay "phone numbers" for their stock, the idea that the government might not backstop the debt owed to them, these are all FUD, lies, or just straight ignored.

sure, but have you considered that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I'm pretty sure Teddy, Jimmy and Towel are saying these guys are all hosed.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Teddy, Jimmy, and Towel are the answers you get when you start asking people’s names at a sex club and the third guy panics and can’t think of anything.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
You’re the worst theory ever, towel

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
has anyone ever called it the COCKCHAIN?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Vesi posted:

That wambo-combo line is pretty telling about how they think they're playing a video game.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Checking in on BBBY, the after-market trading brought the stock to $0.16 and there are signs the stock is being delisted and moved to the expert market. The apes are getting ramped up about the Lambos they will buy tomorrow when they MOASS.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Cyrano4747 posted:

That wambo-combo line is pretty telling about how they think they're playing a video game.

You have to keep hodling until you fill your power bar and can perform a limit break at which point every consecutive attack gives you a lambo.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

the wambo-lambo

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

It's so interesting watching this play out in real time.

If studying doomsday cults has taught me anything, it's that the sense of community will override reality past when it's obvious to everyone else they were wrong, and the thing will subtly shift into some new religion, and then you get people handing out free copies of Watchtower in front of the post office.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cyrano4747 posted:

And not a good one either. Like a match three with gacha.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1701984183919214807/photo/1
mila kunis out here defending rapists and scamming crypto nerds.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Vesi posted:

is this parody?

I don't check this thread enough to know if those are all real things, and they don't sound like real things.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Scratch Monkey posted:

You have to keep hodling until you fill your power bar and can perform a limit break at which point every consecutive attack gives you a lambo.

I have a genji glove, that gives me double Lambos

No not a new one from FF16, I have an old one from FF6! It lets me attack twice! MOOOOOMMM

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Rubellavator posted:

is this parody?

I don't check this thread enough to know if those are all real things, and they don't sound like real things.

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from parody

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
reverse merger of towel

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I saw someone proudly show a screenshot where they just dropped $12K on BBBY at $0.18/share today. You watched a bankruptcy hearing, they explicitly said there was no chance for shareholders to see a dime, and you dropped $12K on more stock.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
*checks email*, see crypto spam.

Huh, what's this?

changelly spam posted:

Navigating the Stablecoin Galaxy

Welcome to our guide on navigating the stablecoin universe. From the safety-seeking investors to the crypto-savvy traders and the curious minds, we've got you covered. Each of these popular stablecoins brings its unique strengths to the table , so pick the one that aligns best with your needs.
Here's where it gets absolutely bonkers and funny as hell:

changelly posted:

Tether, often dubbed the "digital dollar," is the world's most popular stablecoin, offering stability through its one-to-one peg to the US dollar . With Tether, your crypto holdings remain as solid as a greenback in your wallet. USDC
USD Coin is known for its robust regulatory compliance. Each USDC is backed by real US dollars held in reserve , ensuring your investment's solidity and transparency in every transaction.
Dai stands apart as a decentralized stablecoin, maintained by smart contracts and collateralized assets on the Ethereum blockchain . Its decentralized nature makes it an independent choice for those who are after stability within the crypto realm.
TrueUSD prides itself on trustworthiness and transparency. Backed by legally protected funds , it ensures your investments are safeguarded, so it comes as no surprise that security-conscious crypto enthusiasts favor this stablecoin.
STASIS EURS, commonly known as EURS, provides the reliability of the euro within the digital realm . For those seeking stability in the European currency, EURS is an immediate choice.

Beyond the humor of this being basically full of poo poo, the bold is in the original. Especially the TrueUSD one that I believe is being seized from Binance, if I recall.

I haven't even heard of STASIS EURS but I would say EURS is an immediate choice to avoid at all times. Just like the rest of them.

edit: who the gently caress comes up with this naming anyway, stasis eurs? is it pronounced like "yours" if you have marbles in your mouth?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I saw someone proudly show a screenshot where they just dropped $12K on BBBY at $0.18/share today. You watched a bankruptcy hearing, they explicitly said there was no chance for shareholders to see a dime, and you dropped $12K on more stock.

Ryan Cohen will save us.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Vesi posted:

A company (let’s call it Teddy) normally conducts an IPO in order to raise funds now. A consequence is that a some of its future profits will get paid to the shareholders created by that IPO. However, in this fan fiction apparently the IPO money raising stage gets skipped by simply acquiring a worthless shell (let’s call it Towel) which has pre-existing shareholders.

Clearly Teddy is run by the sort of innovative financial geniuses who are poised to create the next Amazon.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Dial A For Awesome posted:

A company (let’s call it Teddy) normally conducts an IPO in order to raise funds now. A consequence is that a some of its future profits will get paid to the shareholders created by that IPO. However, in this fan fiction apparently the IPO money raising stage gets skipped by simply acquiring a worthless shell (let’s call it Towel) which has pre-existing shareholders.

Clearly Teddy is run by the sort of innovative financial geniuses who are poised to create the next Amazon.

The ape lore here is that they would do this so they can carry over the net operating losses of Bed, Bath, and Beyond and thus get tax breaks. Never mind that those NOLs, even if they could carry them over (they couldn't), are worth far less than the debt. Some of the particularly dumb apes seem to believe that they can first cancel the debt, paying debtors pennies on the dollars, and then swoop in and buy a now debt-free stock with NOLs. Which is obviously a thing that can't happen and you'd have to be really dumb to think it could, since it's in "one weird trick debtors hate!" territory.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Odd how they think someone can cancel a debt and only have to pay pennies on the dollar while at the same time they're convinced that their stocks 100% guarantee them infinite money even if the government has to come in and pay for it with tax payer money:thunk:

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Beyond the humor of this being basically full of poo poo, the bold is in the original. Especially the TrueUSD one that I believe is being seized from Binance, if I recall.
diversify your portfolio by "investing" in a half-dozen different tokens that are all somehow each worth exactly a dollar, but are not dollars, and are not each other, but are definitely all worth the exact same (a dollar). This is better than just having an actual dollar, because ~reasons~

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Boxturret posted:

Odd how they think someone can cancel a debt and only have to pay pennies on the dollar while at the same time they're convinced that their stocks 100% guarantee them infinite money even if the government has to come in and pay for it with tax payer money:thunk:

No, see the people who own the debt are paper handed fools who will accept a predatory offer to settle the debt for pennies on the dollar.

Meanwhile the apes, as diamond handed ubermenchen, will refuse all attempts to settle the account for less than infinity dollars, and as a result will bring the entire financial system to its knees and all of them will become oligarchs getting lambos and hot women for all eternity in stock holder valhalla.

Seriously, this is what they believe. The tl;dr of their MOASS is "we will all stand firm together (APES TOGETHER STRONG!) and refuse attempts to buy us out once the squeeze happens, and this will force them to give us all the money." This is also why they are so derisive of people who got out of poo poo like GME at its peak, because they're the traitors who betrayed the movement in order for a (paltry, much smaller in their eyes) financial gain.

If this sounds an awful lot like a bunch of serial bag holders trying to gin each other up to hold the bag for a split second longer than them because THEY are the actual intelligent ape in the room who is 100% sure he will be the one smart enough to stab everyone in the back first then, lol, congrats you're smarter than a reddit stonk enthusiast.

Seriously, this should be the script to a DS9 episode, one of the goofball b-stories where a bunch of ferengi scheme and then backstab each other in a way so comical that we kind of grimace at it years later.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Blotto_Otter posted:

diversify your portfolio by "investing" in a half-dozen different tokens that are all somehow each worth exactly a dollar, but are not dollars, and are not each other, but are definitely all worth the exact same (a dollar). This is better than just having an actual dollar, because ~reasons~

Its better than real money because it allows you to use all these bitcoin services that aren't allowed bank accounts!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Blotto_Otter posted:

diversify your portfolio by "investing" in a half-dozen different tokens that are all somehow each worth exactly a dollar, but are not dollars, and are not each other, but are definitely all worth the exact same (a dollar), because ~reasons~

oh but they're backed! Bakkt! One even said backed by legally protected funds! As in, the government has seized the funds? Oh, and one is backed by euros. Surely it's a surprise that none of them are backed by Rubles, or Yuan or anything BRICS, right?

Rascal_Rockhog
Dec 4, 2011

Now, that's a nice post

Serious_Cyclone posted:

StockHodl Syndrome

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I hope these kind of people don't keep guns in their house.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I hope these kind of people don't keep guns in their house.

Probably not as a gun would be an asset capable of appreciating in value

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Well obviously they were wrong about shareholders not receiving a dime because someone was able to sell over 60,000 shares for almost two dimes apiece!

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Why wouldn't you? After all, they've already won

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

HappyHippo posted:

Why wouldn't you? After all, they've already won

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Tether is fully backed by US dollars and is therefore as safe as having a greenback in your wallet, which is an unstable central-bank-manipulated fiat currency that is about to collapse and become worthless for any use other than physical toilet paper

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this must be what having already won feels like

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Rubellavator posted:

is this parody?

No, it's real. Part of the canon right now is that there's going to be some sort of conversion of BBBYQ shares into some sort of real company that can be an actual going concern. This is not how stocks or being a functioning company actually works in any way shape or form.

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Reverse IPOs are actually a pretty common thing these days; real IPOs result in a lot of scrutiny and SOX bullshit. So you buy up some public company, merge it with the one you wanna take public, change the ticker symbol, and spin off the original company.

Or something like that, IDK, I'm a computer programmer, not a sociopath.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Neito posted:

No, it's real. Part of the canon right now is that there's going to be some sort of conversion of BBBYQ shares into some sort of real company that can be an actual going concern. This is not how stocks or being a functioning company actually works in any way shape or form.

Reverse IPOs are actually a pretty common thing these days; real IPOs result in a lot of scrutiny and SOX bullshit. So you buy up some public company, merge it with the one you wanna take public, change the ticker symbol, and spin off the original company.

Or something like that, IDK, I'm a computer programmer, not a sociopath.

Reverse Mergers are a thing, since IPOs are a gigantic pain in the dick, and sidestepping that dick pain by flouting SEC rules just Makes Sense(tm). There is an entire industry of financial people creating publicly traded holding companies and then selling them to large private entities who want a seat at the public money trough.

About the only thing of value left of BBBYQ is the fact that it was publicly traded, and they managed to extract like a million extra bucks from morons because of it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

No, see the people who own the debt are paper handed fools who will accept a predatory offer to settle the debt for pennies on the dollar.

Meanwhile the apes, as diamond handed ubermenchen, will refuse all attempts to settle the account for less than infinity dollars, and as a result will bring the entire financial system to its knees and all of them will become oligarchs getting lambos and hot women for all eternity in stock holder valhalla.

Seriously, this is what they believe. The tl;dr of their MOASS is "we will all stand firm together (APES TOGETHER STRONG!) and refuse attempts to buy us out once the squeeze happens, and this will force them to give us all the money." This is also why they are so derisive of people who got out of poo poo like GME at its peak, because they're the traitors who betrayed the movement in order for a (paltry, much smaller in their eyes) financial gain.

If this sounds an awful lot like a bunch of serial bag holders trying to gin each other up to hold the bag for a split second longer than them because THEY are the actual intelligent ape in the room who is 100% sure he will be the one smart enough to stab everyone in the back first then, lol, congrats you're smarter than a reddit stonk enthusiast.

Seriously, this should be the script to a DS9 episode, one of the goofball b-stories where a bunch of ferengi scheme and then backstab each other in a way so comical that we kind of grimace at it years later.

should be? Quark did offer an exclusive invite-only pre-sale opportunity for his non fungible, highly collectible, not yet minted, dessicated remains

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I'm doing a watch through for DS9 right now and every time Qwark and Odo interact all I can think of is that wonderful "They stole my apes Odo" video:allears:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Boxturret posted:

I'm doing a watch through for DS9 right now and every time Qwark and Odo interact all I can think of is that wonderful "They stole my apes Odo" video:allears:

That was the greatest thing to come out of the whole NFT debacle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Trillhouse posted:

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1701984183919214807/photo/1
mila kunis out here defending rapists and scamming crypto nerds.

https://twitter.com/nuggutron/status/1702008770220671080