Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sage should have a charge where they aim their lasers behind them to boost forward

It would look jank as hell but I wanna see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

Zot is one of the few dungeons where everyone is happy on blowing their LB on the big trash pull before the final boss because its the scariest pull in the game

People always forget about it or otherwise don't do it, but a caster (or ranged in a pinch) should basically always be using the LB against trash mobs, it finishes the dungeon quicker than the melee using it on a boss.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Quote tweeting this because it was near the bottom of the last page and people should really really use it, it's so incredibly useful especially in savage raiding. As a tank being able to easily see where the other tank is by nameplate colour is massive.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

It's great for healing Alliance raids so you know immediately when the boss starts beating on a non-tank.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Sage should have a charge where they aim their lasers behind them to boost forward

It would look jank as hell but I wanna see it

That's basically Icarus though. They make cool wings with their lasers.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Cool, thank you.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Give MCH special animations and bonus damage for being in Melee range because gun kata is badass.

Very much this, yes.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Mainwaring posted:

Quote tweeting this because it was near the bottom of the last page and people should really really use it, it's so incredibly useful especially in savage raiding. As a tank being able to easily see where the other tank is by nameplate colour is massive.

people keep nameplates turned on?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

nooo stop you're posting cringe!!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hazardousmouse posted:

huh????

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

hazardousmouse posted:

The only time I don't is when a new expac drops. That way it's just people in the world and not a screen of names as far as the eye can see

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

I used to when I was an FC many years ago but now I just like to pretend I'm in an ocean of NPC during events and updates.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

how else are you supposed to see lalafells.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202309/13316432.html

Several developers across the industry give statements commemorating the 10th anniversary of the relaunch

Yasumi Matsuno, writer of Return to Ivalice:

quote:

Congratulations on the 10th anniversary of the launch of "FFXIV"!

In the 10 years since its launch, "FFXIV" has continued to grow steadily while confronting numerous challenges and difficulties, bringing smiles and joy to many "Warriors of Light". Its well-thought-out content and excellent quality are indispensable to players, and will continue to be looked to as a model for later services.

Please continue to evolve and take on new challenges. By listening to the voices of players and responding sincerely to their needs, the game will be loved by more and more people. I am truly looking forward to the next 10 years.

I congratulate you on your 10th anniversary, and I sincerely support you as you embark on an even brighter future! Good luck to all of you in the development of the game. At the same time, I would like to ask all of our fans to give us even more support than before.

Yosuke Saito, Square Enix producer who worked on the Nier raids:

quote:

Congratulations on the 10th anniversary of the new "Final Fantasy XIV"!

It's been 10 years already. ...... Wasn't it just a few days ago that I sent Yoshi-P off to the "FFXIV" team? I remember that it was only a few days ago that I sent Yoshi-P to the "FFXIV" team (laughs).

In the development of "YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse," I was in between "Yoko Taro" and "Yoshi-P," both of whom are creatively obsessed with their own work. I have good memories of being in between "Yoko Taro" and "Yoship," who are both creatively concerned about their own work, and being able to decide where to land on the dialogue at the end of the game! (It was just before the implementation. ......)

I would like to thank all the development staff and hikasen for their great help on that occasion.

I hope that as many people as possible enjoyed playing the game.

We look forward to the next 10 years! Glory to HIKASEN!

Toshimichi Mori, creator of BlazBlue:

quote:

I would like to congratulate "Final Fantasy XIV" on its 10th anniversary!

My name is Toshimichi Mori of Studio Flare, Mi'qote to Au Ra.

It has been exactly ten years since I started playing "FFXIV". ......

I can't tell you the server (world), but my adventures in Eorzea started when I was stuck in Ul'dah in the "old FFXIV" and I was wondering what I should do.

To be honest, the three barbarian gods at that time were the best in many ways. Traumatically. Even in the "Grand Labyrinth Bahamut," I couldn't understand the ...... thunderbolt backward discard! There were times when I wanted to scream like Shinji-kun.

By the way, my favorite version is "Shadowbringers," which made me cry a lot. And I liked the dark knight so much that I am now a reaper...coolness is justice.

However, I have been a bit busy recently with starting up my own company, etc., so I haven't been able to get back in, and I couldn't hide my shock that the house I finally got was gone. ...... I was in tears, though it was my own fault.

I could go on and on, but I would like to thank Mr. Naoki Yoshida and the staff from the bottom of my heart and look forward to more adventures in the future.

Yoko goddamn Taro:

quote:

Congratulations on the 10th anniversary of the new "FFXIV"!

I'm sure this article is filled with comments like, "To be able to maintain service for 10 years in an MMO is a feat (yadda yadda). I was able to do almost everything I wanted to do, and the battles and stages were so spectacular that I won't be able to get my head out of my rear end for another 100 years or so. That's all I have to say. Eorzea is glorious.

Takahisa Taura, senior game designer for Nier:Automata at Platinum:

quote:

I have never been good at playing games online with other people.

This is due, roughly speaking, to a lack of positive communication and extreme anxiety, but I still like games, so I've played them silently, as the saying goes. However, none of them lasted long .......

FFXIV" was by no means an exception. When I started the game at the same time as it was newly born, I wanted to pursue my childhood dream of becoming a dragon knight! I chose to become a spearman, following my childhood dream of becoming a dragon knight. After being very satisfied with successfully realizing my dream, I started playing DPS and several other classes and jobs, but as usual, I enjoyed myself to a certain extent and quietly faded away by myself.

A few years later, however, things changed.

After a long break, it was around the time patch 5.0 was released that I became interested again.

Regardless of whether I wasn't good at it or didn't have any friends who would invite me, I wanted to play this game! I had to get there first. I bravely went down to Eorzea that day for the first time in many years.

However, I could not remember the contents up to the point where I used to play before. I met my own character who I hadn't seen in a while, but we met each other, oh, it's nice to meet you ......, wasn't it? It's been a long time since I've seen you ......, but I feel as if I've been away from you for a long time.

I was so nervous about playing with other people, but even my own character made me nervous.

So I decided to make a fresh start and start all over again. I started to think about ......, but I had already touched all the classes that interested me, so I wondered what I should do.

Let's decide from another point of view. ...... A starting point. So, it's Gridania. I want Gridania. That's the one thing I can't give up.

I want to do my best for Kanue, and I want to give him credit for my achievements. I want to achieve success and be praised by Kanue. I want to be recognized. I want to heal him. ......Healing......I see! I'm an illusionist!

Until now, perhaps it was the nature of a solo loner, but my thoughts had been skewed in the direction of the "easy-going" and I had never thought of creating a character whose main function was to support, but I discovered a new door to new role-playing possibilities and chose to become a healer for the first time. As an apprentice illusionist with a longing for Kanu e-sama, I knocked on the door of Gridania.

After that, my personal and one-sided love for Kanu E-sama was a clear goal, and my play progressed smoothly (now that I think about it, it was thanks to the development team's tireless efforts and adjustments. (In retrospect, it was thanks to the tireless efforts and coordination of the development team.)

Finally, we came to the first hurdle. The Sastacha Erosion Cave. The first dungeon, as we all know. This is where I finally started playing against other people, which I am not very good at.

However, there is no other conversation than the first and last greetings, and the game is basically designed to be played very casually (*Normal players need not worry, it is very comfortable). It is very comfortable to play), but this is where the extreme anxiety is shown.

I wonder if I'm bothering the people around me ...... Oh, I made a wrong turn for a moment earlier, but I wonder if they noticed me ...... and so on... The unnecessary negative thoughts I have exploded, and by the time the dungeon is over, it's winter! I remember the days when I used to play with my hands sweaty and armpits sticky and out of breath by the time the dungeon was over. While waiting for Shaki, I flashed back to the pain of those days, and my nervousness and nausea were at their peak.

...... However, right after starting his first dungeon as a healer, he felt a jolt in his own brain as if a Val Thunder had fallen on him.

The play feel as a healer was incredibly in sync with my game play style and my twisted personality. As I manipulated the character, I let the shock wash over me, and I suddenly thought back to my past.

I was a student. I used to play with a group of four close friends.

Where was it? Well, it doesn't matter where. Let's go out and have fun as usual! I was never the one to take the lead in walking off. It's also unlikely that I would be right behind them, two people standing in a row, looking out for each other and talking about fun things. I am ...... so. I was the one who always just toddled along silently at the very back of the line.

The very back is good (I like the edge, by the way). You can see what's going on, what's going on, as if you could feel it in your hand.

I could instantly point out the untied shoelace of my friend in front of me, and I was the first to notice a car approaching from behind and say, "There's a car coming! Watch out! I could also sound the alarm when a car was approaching behind me. I didn't have to remember which way to go. No need to sweat under your arms when you are wondering what to talk about next. If I stumble over a small step, no one will see me. It's easy.

--Then I had an epiphany. This is it.

The tank runs, followed by the DPS, and finally the healer, an apprentice magician born solely out of the desire to heal Kan-E-Senna, slowly follows.

Just by being at the back of the formation, I felt a tremendous sense of "fit.

This guy was definitely me. I felt it while looking at the healer who was acting as a singali with .......

When the battle started, each one of them started to act first, but I took a little distance to stand still and supported my friends while occasionally participating in the attack.

No one fell. I was able to recover accurately and without waste. And on top of that, they participated in the attack. And how easy it was to understand the result. Even I, who am an anxious person, could see that I did not cause any trouble to my companions in this case. It is obvious at a glance. No, on the contrary, I think I am making a considerable contribution.

I was moved as if I had found a place where I belonged.

I certainly felt a warmth, as if he had accepted me.

When I came to, I found that the orca fang deen had collapsed.

It was distinctly different from before. My own clothes were dry and parched. The controller I held in my hand was not unnecessarily sticky. The air was clean.

I looked at the man who had taught me the way of life, the man who had taught me the way of life, the man who had taught me the way of life. I was confident in my heart that I would be able to walk the long road that awaited me, this time without breaking.

From here, I followed the grand story, said goodbye to Kan-E-Senna around the time I became a white mage, vowed to serve Raya-O-Senna, became an astrologer for some reason or another, and eventually became a ninja, which is the best way to go through the end of my career, and then, while doing various other things, I was very grateful that the game I created became a collaboration. I'd like to go on and on, but it would be too much fun to write about the scenarios in this game (......), and it would interfere with my work. I'd like to go on and on, but that would interfere with my work, so I'll leave it at that. ......

I'd like to go on and on about this game ......, but that would interfere with my work, so I'll leave it at that.

Basically, I am still not good at online games, but "FFXIV" is a wonderful game that even I, who am not good at online games, can be so absorbed in it, because it is not one-sided fun, it is tolerant enough to embrace different players, and you can find a way to play that matches you. It's a wonderful game that I can become so absorbed in, even if I am not a fan of online games! That's what I mean.

I have spent a good amount of time in Eorzea until today, but I still have no friends, no FC, no LS, no ......, and I am still a solo player in both name and reality. I am a solo player in both name and reality, but I wanted to take this opportunity to tell anyone who is not good at playing with others that this is a game that makes you feel like ...... you want to be immersed in this world forever, and that you can continue to enjoy it regardless of that. I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that if you don't like to play with others as well, it's okay.

Don't worry. You don't have to be self-conscious. It's really fun to play alone.

And I am so grateful to the people who have created such a wonderful game. Thank you for showing us a new way to enjoy the game.

Finally, I would like to finally get down to business: .......

Congratulations on the 10th anniversary of the new "FFXIV", with more thoughts than I can talk about, truly and from the bottom of my heart!

After finishing patch 6.0, we have been settling down due to our work, but finally 7.0, "Dawntrail" has been announced and we are just now devouring the trailer.

I wish all those involved in the development of this project health and prosperity, and look forward to the next 20 to 30 years of progress.

As a warrior of light, I look forward to your continued efforts!

Hironobu Sakaguchi, Final Fantasy series creator:

quote:

Congratulations on the 10th anniversary of the new "FFXIV"!

I started playing on September 27, 2021, triggered by a conversation with Yoshi P., and have continued to play for about two years. My current accumulated playing time is 137 days, 11 hours and 23 minutes (as of July 21, 2023). That means I have been playing "FFXIV" for about 20% of my life. I don't know what to say (sweat), but thank you!

The amplified feeling of being alive is more than 20%, it's like 50% more.

I have always loved MMORPGs, but in addition to that, I am moved every day by the "FF Theme Park," which is filled with the essence of the old "FF" games. I never thought I would be able to find a world where I could look back on my life and enjoy it in such a way. I have enjoyed it so much that I think no one has enjoyed it as much as I have since the birth of "human beings" in this world. I am enjoying it so much.

No, no, seriously, thank you.

Hooray for "FFXIV"!

Wishing it to continue forever!

Akihiro Hino, CEO of Level Five:

quote:

Congratulations on the 10th anniversary of the new "FFXIV"! I can't believe that 10 years have passed since that day when the stars fell.

Actually, I have been enjoying "FFXIV" since before the game's rebirth, so the fact that I have been playing for such a long time is quite emotional for me as a player.

The high difficulty raids that began with the "KAIKOU-hen" brought back memories of how I would prepare for each one and manage to clear it.

I don't think there are many games that you can play for so long that they become a part of your life, but "FFXIV" is undeniably like that.

I think the success of "FFXIV" is the result of ingenuity on the part of the developers, as there are many ways to keep players playing for a long time, such as changing the seasonal trend by raising the item level and not letting the disparity between players be too great.

I would like to thank Yoship, the "FFXIV" team, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors as you aim for another 20th anniversary!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Those are some super sweet tributes. Especially the wall of text about wrestling with a healing job.

I've mentioned it several times but i have never understood or appreciated healer jobs in MMOs until ff14. like a half hour after i rolled a SGE i was all....oh. i see now.

It's so fun, and it's so exciting. I have a war i've been working on and i rolled dnc and drg to try them out, but nothing compares to me of the balance needed of healing classes. "look, your dps is not nothing, but it's not good. so your job is - to do as much dps as possible while clutch healing your party and making sure you don't wipe. as long as you do that, you can do whatever you want"

and it's been so fun, and instructive. To the point that in my other MMO i always played pure dps, but now i play a primary healer strictly because of how much fun i've had on SGE, and without trying to self-horn-toot so much, i'm considered a very good and impactful healer in that game. And that's really cool.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

FF14 is what got me to finally come around on healing, what I've played of WHM so far has been a blast. A big part of it is that in the more accessible content, a lot of party damage is completely avoidable if people know what they're doing. It's not like WoW where partywide damage is so constant and so high that being able to throw out a few damage spells during quiet spots is a rarity.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

WHM is really fun once you get used to it. I mained it 1-90 on my first character through all the expansions and while some of the story stuff could be a bit of a slog with a relatively low damage output, it was a blast in dungeons and raids. I'm leveling it again on my current character as an alt job, and now that I'm mid-way through the 50s and have stuff like Assize and Afflatus Solace it's just so chill even when the content is getting harder.

The instant duty pops help a lot lol

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

aw they put Ysayle's outfit on the mog station, that's nice

seems a bit late, but nice!

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Isn't that...just a reskin of an ARR casting set?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's close, but Ysayle's set did have some minor additions that aren't available, in addition to now being available for every Job at level 1 instead of just casters.

From Reddit:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The gloves, boots, and skirt as all classes items give me some ideas. Too bad they're not dyeable.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Yeah, the Ysayle outfit is less interesting because we wanted Ysayle's outfit, and more because it's basically an all-class version of previously role-locked gear.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Onean posted:

in addition to now being available for every Job at level 1 instead of just casters.
Altered felt robe is available for every job and dyeable

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

And they should be able to go in the Armoire in 6.5 I think?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I just wanted Shiva's boots tbqh

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What do you folks suppose is going to be one of the better selling dyes that I can by from the island vendor that I can hoard until the two-dye system comes around? Cherry Pink? Gunmetal Black? One of the others?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Macaluso posted:

What do you folks suppose is going to be one of the better selling dyes that I can by from the island vendor that I can hoard until the two-dye system comes around? Cherry Pink? Gunmetal Black? One of the others?

check https://universalis.app/ for your world, I think gunmetal, pearl white and brass will sell for the most, but it might depend on the world/server, gunmetal + white selling faster, it seems

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Browse the Universalis site a bit but anything in the last tab or anything that's a 200% saturated primary color will sell well, gunmetal black included. You could probably make a load of passive cash when the great dye rush hits listing 1-2 dyes a day for 5 digits each.

Crystal cluster anecdotes.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

remember that gunmetal black, pearl white, and brass also cost like five times as many cowries as the others so depending on your server those might be the worst options to dump cowries on

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
What is the point of the 'one player per job' restriction in PF? What is the downside of having two of the same class?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

duplicate jobs reduce limit break bar gain

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Mr. Neutron posted:

What is the point of the 'one player per job' restriction in PF? What is the downside of having two of the same class?

Limit gauge fills slower

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Also, any AST main will tell you that their worst enemy on any team is another AST main.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jonny 290 posted:

Those are some super sweet tributes. Especially the wall of text about wrestling with a healing job.

I've mentioned it several times but i have never understood or appreciated healer jobs in MMOs until ff14. like a half hour after i rolled a SGE i was all....oh. i see now.

It's so fun, and it's so exciting. I have a war i've been working on and i rolled dnc and drg to try them out, but nothing compares to me of the balance needed of healing classes. "look, your dps is not nothing, but it's not good. so your job is - to do as much dps as possible while clutch healing your party and making sure you don't wipe. as long as you do that, you can do whatever you want"

and it's been so fun, and instructive. To the point that in my other MMO i always played pure dps, but now i play a primary healer strictly because of how much fun i've had on SGE, and without trying to self-horn-toot so much, i'm considered a very good and impactful healer in that game. And that's really cool.

When my brother started playing, he immediately beelined for hitting 60 and unlocking GNB because that was what interested him enough to give the game a shot.

When Sage dropped, he tried it out and never looked back. Fell in love with everything about the class.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202309/13316432.html

Several developers across the industry give statements commemorating the 10th anniversary of the relaunch

Yasumi Matsuno, writer of Return to Ivalice:

Yosuke Saito, Square Enix producer who worked on the Nier raids:

Toshimichi Mori, creator of BlazBlue:

Yoko goddamn Taro:

Takahisa Taura, senior game designer for Nier:Automata at Platinum:

Hironobu Sakaguchi, Final Fantasy series creator:

Akihiro Hino, CEO of Level Five:

TIL Level 5 still exists

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Mainwaring posted:

Limit gauge fills slower

Ooh, I had no idea. Is that explained anywhere in the game or is that just something people figured out?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
A potential issue that rises with duplicate jobs is you have a better chance of missing a 1% to all stats per role bonus. Not an issue with tanks or healers since you have two anyways, or two melee with standard comp, but if you run two melee and two casters, you miss the ranged phys bonus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

TIL Level 5 still exists
not only do they still exist they're apparently making a new yokai watch.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait actually if they are making one that means the yokai watch collab could rerun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Endorph posted:

wait actually if they are making one that means the yokai watch collab could rerun

I was just thinking that when you mentioned a new one.

Would make a perfect pre-expansion doldrums filler, too.